Paulding.com

Powder Springs man sought for car highjacking at Ractrack

The City of Hiram Police have issued warrants seeking the arrest of Zachary Ryan Shipp, 24, of Powder Springs for higjacking and stealing a 2012 Toyota Camry 4S (NC plate BKH9471) at the Racetrack Gas Station at roughly 6pm August 8th.

Shipp, who was known to the store's assistant manager, victimized as patron who was fueling her car by first asking if he could borrow her phone, a request to which she complied. After fumbling with it, Shipp threw the Samsung Galaxy III phone to the ground smashing it and hopped into the victim's car.

The victim sought to remove him from the car but was threatened, she said, by Shipp who said, "I will kill you."

Shipp, who has a variety of tatts, then drove from the scene and is wanted by authorities.

gallery_2_509_180681.jpg

Click on the image to enlarge

Do you know which Racetrac in Hiram Pubby?

There are 2 Racetrac's on 278 in Hiram. 1 across the street from the new Kaufmann Tire and another 1 down just below the East Hiram Parkway now known as Bill Carruth. 278 might actually be Windy Bagwell here, this road changes names so often I cannot keep up with where it's one name then another, so I just call it 278.

I agree with Happy Wife And Mom... I am also wondering which Racetrac?

• Like 1

There are 2 Racetrac's on 278 in Hiram. 1 across the street from the new Kaufmann Tire and another 1 down just below the East Hiram Parkway now known as Bill Carruth. 278 might actually be Windy Bagwell here, this road changes names so often I cannot keep up with where it's one name then another, so I just call it 278.

Maybe you have overlooked the post above your post? The one across the street from Kaufmann Tire.

Edited by Brian

I stop at the one near Poplar Springs Road 4-5 times a week. I don't get off the back side in Hiram too much to know where there are any apartments.

I think the new apts are on the road that runs right behind Aldi that ends up in front of the theater and runs into Metromont. There are several new buildings going up next to the professional buildings on the same road.

Maybe you have overlooked the post above your post? The one across the street from Kaufmann Tire.

I did not overlook your post above my post. Your post only confused me. Now that you say "The one across the street from Kaufmann Tire" I know know which one.

I did not overlook your post above my post. Your post only confused me. Now that you say "The one across the street from Kaufmann Tire" I know know which one.

I understand why it was confusing. Please accept my apology.
  • Like 1

News reports says that it was the RaceTrac at Cleburne pkwy, that is the one next to Aldi's. The apts are behind Race Trac

We don't have a Cleburne Parkway any longer. This road is currently named Bill Carruth Parkway. This road was named East Hiram Parkway for a short time after it was named Cleburne Pkwy. Originally before the 911 system it was named County Line Road. I image someone's brother-in-law must be in the road sign business.

• Like 1

We don't have a Cleburne Parkway any longer. This road is currently named Bill Carruth Parkway. This road was named East Hiram Parkway for a short time after it was named Cleburne Pkwy. Originally before the 911 system it was named County Line Road. I image someone's brother-in-law must be in the road sign business.

I repeat, the NEWS report says Race Trac at Cleburn Parkway.That was not my wording.

Actually, that RacTrac is on Wendy Bagwell Parkway... :crazy:

You are correct. Not only on the location but also in the spelling of Wendy (not Windy).

278 is named Wendy Bagwell Parkway from the Cobb County line to Metromont Road. From there through Hiram it is Jimmy Lee Smith Parkway. Jimmy Lee Smith was the brother-in-law of the former mayor of Hiram, Dewey Pendley. Mr. Smith, if I remember correctly, was killed in a boating accident on Lake Weiss in Alabama.

Any Paulding County historians that can verify this?

By the way, Wendy Bagwell was a southern gospel music personality as well as a Christian comedian that is in the Georgia Music Hall of Fame. His family still lives in Hiram. Matter of fact, they live in the path of the East Hiram Parkway. A lot of their property was used or ruined for the new road.

• Like 1

Just asked my source on Facebook again, she says at the same location I posted earlier.

What I found via Google... it says the same thing but without numbers and anything else. 2czpjlf.pngAnd now this by the PCSO (more reliable than my so-called source :crazy: ), it says US 278 at Bill Carruth Parkway. So that is Wendy Bagwell Parkway.zwxfkg.png

Does it really matter which Race Trac it was?

I'll just be glad when somebody beats the shiit out of this little shiit.

Mebbe he'll wander down to the SCT and our roving perimenopausal pissy woman patrol will kick his arse. Hey, I could add you to the team - me, momof3, rocky's mom, and jenilyn so far. Cleaning out scummy criminals one street (or butt) at a time. :D

Mebbe he'll wander down to the SCT and our roving perimenopausal pissy woman patrol will kick his arse. Hey, I could add you to the team - me, momof3, rocky's mom, and jenilyn so far. Cleaning out scummy criminals one street (or butt) at a time. :D

Seriously though, I can't wait until they catch this little douche bag. God for bid I ever have to use my ninja skills, I would be more than happy to use them on this guy. I bet I wouldn't be charged either. It's a win-win.

• Like 2

You're on doll! Can I bring my super duper protector G S dog?

Wait......he'll scare the scummy low life's away. I know, I'll ask him to go stealth.

I didn't know that East Hiram Pkwy was being referred to as "Bill Carruth Pkwy" I'm so sick of Paulding Co renaming the roads, just because they think someone who did great wonders for the county, needs to have a road named after them!!!! NOT!!!!! Dedicate a bench at the Courthouse Park or a room at the Taj Mahal Courthouse we have but, leave the road names as Road Names!!!!

AND.... Why was fool not in jail??? If he was accused of the murder (or whatever the charges should be) of Topper, why was he not in jail???

• Like 3

I didn't know that East Hiram Pkwy was being referred to as "Bill Carruth Pkwy" I'm so sick of Paulding Co renaming the roads, just because they think someone who did great wonders for the county, needs to have a road named after them!!!! NOT!!!!! Dedicate a bench at the Courthouse Park or a room at the Taj Mahal Courthouse we have but, leave the road names as Road Names!!!!

AND.... Why was fool not in jail??? If he was accused of the murder (or whatever the charges should be) of Topper, why was he not in jail???

Maybe they had to borrow from the Prosecutors budget to make more road signs?

:unknw:

I'm just impressed it's Bill Carruth Parkway from the start to finish................unlike Hwy 278 which has a new name every couple of blocks of the way.

And I wondered why he wasn't in jail.