2 replies to this topic

#1 tripletmom2000

tripletmom2000

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

For the last few months, South Paulding Basketball tip off club have been having a fruit and veggie sale. For $20.00 cash, you get enough fruit and veggies to last your family for 1 week. The man that does this, goes around to several of the local schools with a trailer full of different goodies and you pick what you want. Part of the money goes to him to keep buying produce and the rest goes to the school that is doing the fundraiser. This coming sunday it will be at the back of the school, down by the gym from 3:30 to 6 pm. Then the market is going on vacation for 3 weeks. If you live in the area, please come by and check it out. If you do facebook, you can follow him and he posts all the schools he works with each week and what veggies he plans on bringing. He told me, he goes to the farmers market in atl, everyday to purchase. 

from the south paulding basketball FB page, 

Spread the word Scholastic Market Day Veggie & Fruit Sale will be back one more Sunday June 29th 3-630pm @ SPHS back of school at the down stairs basketball gym entrance. Come support local ministry & our program! Thanks South!

FB= Scholastic Market Day

thanks,

Kris   tipoff club board

#2 Mrs G

Mrs G

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,568 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

Have you or have you known of anyone to get the fruits and veggies from this person?? Just curious..............

Do unto others, as you'd have others do unto you!

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly and Leave The Rest To God.

Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does!!

Helping a Neighbor in need, is a Blessing, indeed!!! 04/25/2013

#3 tripletmom2000

tripletmom2000

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:07 AM

Yes, I have twice! I also "worked" the event last sunday at sphs. As I was helping unload his trailer, we had a line of people waiting, about 10 people.  here is a sample of his items last sunday, 

Today we will be at South Paulding High School from 3:30pm-6pm. The event is behind the high school by the gym entrance. Get all the fruit and vegetables your family can eat in a week for $20. Wow! Georgia grown and cut from the feild yesterday Cantaloupe s, grapes, strawberries, pineapples and much more. I think we have top ourselves again! If you missed us this week you better come today! As always please share with your friends and like and comment. 
[ ] Ugli fruit
[ ] Blackberries
[ ] Strawberries
[ ] Michigan apples
[ ] Raspberry
[ ] Zucchini
[ ] Cucumber
[ ] Plantains
[ ] Sweet potatoes
[ ] Big white baking potatoes
[ ] Yellow onions sweet
[ ] Jalapenos