Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
mei lan

bizarre crime at reynolds plantation

Hey now.

Not everyone from Jersey is Mafia.

But I can almost guarantee that everyone from Jersey knows somebody Mafia.

:lol:

I'm from here and knew someone from Jersey that was in the ........... WAIT! I didn't say that. LOL

• Like 1

Good info in that story. Since the sons are in the restaurant bidness, could it be related to that, one wonders? This article also mentions the son being murdered in 2000 in a drug deal gone bad. Good work, Suzy!

This brings Breaking Bad to my mind. How about the Mexican Cartel?

Edited by ivylove

So putting the wife in the lineup doesn't cross anybody's mind? There are alot of whack jobs out there.

She's 87yo, 5'2", 148 lbs. Sheriff says he basically thinks she's dead and she wouldn't have had the strength to behead him and move the body from where he was killed. Also, who exactly would be viewing this lineup?

• Like 1

Y'all been following this bizarro story out of Reynolds Plantation? Chi chi gated community within RP, 88yo man decapitated, head not found, 87yo wife kidnapped, no forced entry, no signs of struggle. Oh - surveillance cameras in the neighborhood weren't working. Bet they are now.

Police baffled by Lake Oconee mans death, missing wife

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/lake-oconee-man-killed-87-year-old-wife-possibly-k/nfqqR/?nmredir=truThis is waay too bizzar.

This is waay too weird and his head is MISSING. WTH!? What I find even odder is that a few weeks ago at another lake here in GA, Hartwell maybe, they found the body of a 78 year old woman floating and it was also connected to a schmancy community. Somethings up.

Me, neither, RM. The AJC has a bigger story behind their pay wall but I ain't payin' to read it. My first thought was grandkid high on meth or something. Evil.

OMG, twinsies again because I thought the exact same thing.

Edited by momof 3

Have you ever watched the ID channel? It happens. I wonder who's first in line to inherit.

Watch it EVERY DAY. Yes I am an ID ADDICT and DH has told everyone repeatedly that IF anything ever happens to him to look at me. Because I will have learned how to do away with him. LOL.

You are right about the Grandkids and I wouldn't be surprised at anyone who surfaces as a suspect. And, I would bet this story will be on ID at some point. I've seen several episodes from Georgia (one in College Park I had never heard of) and Alabama that I was familiar with.

This is such a SAD, SAD case. No need to be so evil and decapitate the husband. I cannot imagine being a loved one and knowing that especially with them taking the head. How SICK can they get???? Then you have the fear of the unknown of WHAT they have done to her and WHERE she is. Have you seen the photos of their home? Breathtakingly GORGEOUS but it sure did make them vulnerable to someone approaching the home from the lake unnoticed.

I REALLY hope they find the wife and are able to find out who did this to the couple. Hopefully with plenty of evidence for Justice to be served.

From the comments section of WSB TV's FB page:

FBI is involved because her husband was an undercover drug agent for 20 years. Then he served time in Afghanistan dealing with undercover work involving the Taliban. I really hope they can get to the bottom of this horrible crime. The fact that he was beheaded leads me to believe that the person/s wanted to make a statement and send a clear message.

• Like 1

That's the first I've heard of him being an undercover drug agent...everything else says restaurant bidness. Except one son was murdered in 2000 in a drug deal gone bad.

Agreed that this was to send a message.

FBI is involved because her husband was an undercover drug agent for 20 years. Then he served time in Afghanistan dealing with undercover work involving the Taliban. I really hope they can get to the bottom of this horrible crime. The fact that he was beheaded leads me to believe that the person/s wanted to make a statement and send a clear message.

I saw that comment made by some woman named Shemika or something like that. It was sandwiched in between everyone else's opinions that the wife did it or the Mexican drug lords or the grand children did it. It's a field day on people's opinions on that site. Some upstanding citizen even took the time to write about how the wife looked ugly. It's really disheartening sometimes to see people's reactions to stuff like this. So completely disrespectful! Somebody should enlighten Shemika or whoever she is that the FBI gets involved in numerous kidnapping cases all over the country year after year.

• Like 2

[/size]FBI is involved because her husband was an undercover drug agent for 20 years. Then he served time in Afghanistan dealing with undercover work involving the Taliban. I really hope they can get to the bottom of this horrible crime. The fact that he was beheaded leads me to believe that the person/s wanted to make a statement and send a clear message.[/size]

This background refers to an investigator they talked to about his thoughts on this case.

Former investigator sheds light on case of beheaded man,... | www.wsbtv.com

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/former-investigator-sheds-light-case-beheaded-man-/nfsSj/?ref=cbTopWidget

This background refers to an investigator they talked to about his thoughts on this case.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/former-investigator-sheds-light-case-beheaded-man-/nfsSj/?ref=cbTopWidget

Well at least the mystery of Shemika's misinformation is cleared up. Girlfriend can read but has no comprehension skills!

• Like 1

The latest story I've seen. Radio news said a search of areas near their house with 70 deputies from other areas and 10 FBI agents turned up nothing, as did a search with a spiffy underwater robot in the lake. Previous search with cadaver dogs also fruitless. They just need to find out who got the box with the guy's head in it and that will lead them to the answer.

Son hopes mother is dead after she vanished and husband Russell Dermond was decapitated | Mail Online

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2628521/Despairing-son-hopes-mother-dead-ease-suffering-week-vanished-husbands-headless-body-1m-home-Georgia-murder-mystery-horror.html

I don't think they will ever find her body. Now his head may turn up with some clues from the killer.

I can only hope she wasn't tortured.

Haven't been on P.com in a while....hubby was in Piedmont Hosp. and they have this site blocked for some strange reason...

This case is bizarre and our family finds it very eerie that as we were celebrating our daughters wedding (the same weekend) just up the lake from Reynolds Plantation, someone was brutally murdered. So very sad.

Edited by icare

Haven't been on P.com in a while....hubby was in Piedmont Hosp. and they have this site blocked for some strange reason...

This case is bizarre and our family finds it very eerie that as we were celebrating our daughters wedding (the same weekend) just up the lake from Reynolds Plantation, someone was brutally murdered. So very sad.

I hope the hubby is doing ok.

Piedmont Hospital knows what's what, I was born there.

(did you see my plaque?)

I agree with this guy. It was a drug cartel; either Columbian or Mexican.

I hope the hubby is doing ok.

Piedmont Hospital knows what's what, I was born there.

(did you see my plaque?)

I hope he's doing well also. Wecare, icare. :D

I can only hope she wasn't tortured.

I could not agree more. That is why this case has bothered me so...little old people living their lives and boom. 88 and 87 are not good ages for stress. I just wish they'd find her, and I wish justice would be done.

One of the family said they thought it was a cult.

Think about it, your a cult, do you go to a high end subdivision to do cult murders or do you go elsewhere, where they may not have alarm systems?

If there is a cult, there is a family member in it.

(yes, I am still sticking with this being close to home)

She was found about 5 miles from the home with no obvious blunt force trauma according to that AJC report. Since this community has such a large amount of security, I am thinking she was taken with the murderer(s) as insurance that they would get far enough away from the crime scene, then she was killed and dumped in the lake. It sounds like he was the obvious target of the crime.

She was found about 5 miles from the home with no obvious blunt force trauma according to that AJC report. Since this community has such a large amount of security, I am thinking she was taken with the murderer(s) as insurance that they would get far enough away from the crime scene, then she was killed and dumped in the lake. It sounds like he was the obvious target of the crime.

This story has broken my heart into a million pieces. :(

• Like 1

I agree, dana. I absolutely adore old people and I love that they were 88 and 87 and lived on their own. Ye gods.

Excellent thinking about why they snatched her, Ms. Ga Storm.

I agree, dana. I absolutely adore old people and I love that they were 88 and 87 and lived on their own. Ye gods.

I also love older people, always have.

(My best and oldest friend told me that today was his brother's birthday, he turned 60. My immediate response was, "That's not old." You know you're getting old when you start defending 60 as "not old". It's not old, but it's the immediate need to defend it that is telling.)

I love old people too. I can't imagine the agony the family is surely going through, makes my heart hurt so much.

She did die of blunt force trauma and was dead before she was put in the lake. The area of the lake where she was found is still being "scanned" (a machine is being used) for his head. :(

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/source-investigators-find-body-putnam-county/nfyK5/

Edited by MsGaStorm

That is disturbing on so many levels.

Agreed. Of course, I think somebody got the head delivered to them in a box. Question is who?

Eatonton paper says they're interviewing 200+ neighbors. They're just now doing this? Sounds like they have a ton of manpower on it, though.

Www.msgr.com

This is something they should have started long before now. Now that it's been plastered all over the news so much, a lot of people the police talk to in the neighborhood will only regurgitate that. I can't believe they didn't start this within the first 24 hours after the crime was discovered.