Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
scrappydoe2000

looking for a home to rent

I know 3 different families looking for 3/2 house and they haven't found anything under $1050.00. One family finally gave in and rented one for $1200.00 a month. The prices for a decent rental are outrageous Has she tried an apt?

Does she have a section 8 voucher? If not, there's not going to be much out there at that price range is well kept and available.

Edited by SusieQ404

There was a 3/2 in dallas for rent for 600-650 on hotpads dont know if its still there. My fiance and I are lookin as well but they didnt except pets so I didnt look into it. Try searching hotpads may have to go towards like powder springs or a bit farther out but they are out there. Ive posted before we rented a house on hiram sudie that was plenty big enough and nice for 600. It can be done. Just look harder. :-)

I know 3 different families looking for 3/2 house and they haven't found anything under $1050.00. One family finally gave in and rented one for $1200.00 a month. The prices for a decent rental are outrageous Has she tried an apt?

Unfortunately the outrageous rental prices are the fault of renters mostly... VERY few renters understand the concept of, if it's not yours you should treat it better than something that is yours. Most just trash it and walk away to a new place to trash. Owners can only eat so much of this behavior and then the prices have to reflect historical repair costs....

• Like 1

Actually, I think a big reason that rental prices are so high is because most of the rental homes still have a mortgage based on the original home price, NOT on what the home is now worth in today's economy.

• Like 1

Three bedroom houses were already being rented in this county for significantly more than $650 at least a dozen years ago--I remember that from when I was helping a friend locate a home to rent--so why $1K rents for a three-bedroom house today would seem surprising to anyone actually surprises me.

Three bedroom houses were already being rented in this county for significantly more than $650 at least a dozen years ago--I remember that from when I was helping a friend locate a home to rent--so why $1K rents for a three-bedroom house today would seem surprising to anyone actually surprises me.

No kidding. I paid 600 a month for an apartment 18 years ago. I like long term renters. I just finished with a renter who stayed in my house for 3 years and now have a new one for 4 years. They aren't bad people, they just fell on hard times and cant get a mortgage right now.

There's one on Morris Rd in Hiram for $875.00. That's what the sign in the front yard says. It's down near the Cleburne Pkwy end.