Paulding.com

Candidates forum tonight only at Chatt Tech auditorium

It didn't occur to me that no one had posted this:

The Paulding Chamber of Commerce’s Governmental Affairs Committee is set to host a candidates forum Thursday, April 24, at 7 p.m. at the auditorium at Chattahoochee Technical College’s Paulding Campus, 400 Nathan Dean Blvd., Building A, in Dallas.

Terry Lawler, executive director of the Regional Business Coalition, will be the moderator.

Candidates with opposition in the May 20 primaries have been invited, including Georgia Senate District 30 Republican candidates Mike Dugan and Bill Hembree; Georgia House District 17 Republican candidates Howard Maxwell and David Bond; and Paulding Board of Commissioners Post 2 Democratic candidates Pat Hughes and Patti Smith, Post 3 Republican candidates Vernon Collett, Herb Haynes and Richard Manous, and Post 4 Republican candidates David Barnett and Tony Crowe.

The event is free and open to the public. Doors open at 6 p.m.

For more information, email Kevin Kirby at the Paulding Chamber at kkirby@pauldingchamber.org.

Actually, the main idea behind Paulding.com from the beginning was that routine notices of this nature would be posted by those interested in sharing these events with the community and I would no longer have to spend my time doing the routine and mundane.

But since I am going to be appearing, I'm guessing that even under my extended reasoning, it was left to me ;)

George Patton 'Pat' Hughes (aka: pubby)

... posting as an interested candidate wanting folks to hear the candidates in general :)

Animal's post has been deleted by me, stradial, since the original post by Animal was deleted, as it should have been.

I can guess who is a (deleted word) (no not a curse word) rumormonger.

Reading your post, I am reminded of a a quote from Joseph Welch; "Let us not assassinate this lad further, Senator; you've done enough. Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?"

I ask you, "Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?"

• Like 2

2) observations from the Candidates Forum last night...

• The "Patty & Pubby Show" was the best part. After the election these 2 need to go on the road. They will be a hit anywhere they perform.

• As always, I made it a point to greet Chairman Austin and I took this opportunity to compliment the Civic's Day Student participation during the BOC meeting this week. I was as disappointed with his comments as I was with the Pony Tail Patriot webcast report of the lunchion the same day. It's a shame when we have the opportunity to celebrate together and turn that time into an opportunity to bash those with different opinions. The term "Better To Loose The Battle And Win The War" comes to mind.