DallasRED

GO NAVY!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,958 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:29 AM

Kennesaw or West GA?

Posted Image

"Why are some people such assholes for no reason but then are the first to bitch to the mods when the tables are turned" GO BLUE

"You judge me and think you know me, and I'm quite sure we've never met. You know nothing." MADEA

"NOT ONE DAMN ONE OF YOU HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL ME I CAN NOT FEEL THE WAY I DO." SOLO

#2 jmhs1974

jmhs1974

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:52 AM

West Georgia has a smaller student body but KSU is better overall.

#3 Cranemec

Cranemec

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:15 AM

KSU

Grandma was a loyal Republican until the day she died. She's voted Democrat ever since.

#4 mom2six

mom2six

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:18 AM

My son went to UWG for 1 yr then went to KSU for 3 yrs liked KSU better!

#5 DallasRED

DallasRED

GO NAVY!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,958 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

My son went to UWG for 1 yr then went to KSU for 3 yrs liked KSU better!

Can you tell me why?

Posted Image

"Why are some people such assholes for no reason but then are the first to bitch to the mods when the tables are turned" GO BLUE

"You judge me and think you know me, and I'm quite sure we've never met. You know nothing." MADEA

"NOT ONE DAMN ONE OF YOU HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL ME I CAN NOT FEEL THE WAY I DO." SOLO

#6 mom2six

mom2six

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:13 AM

He said that KSU offered more courses in his field than UWG. It also has more places in the area to go to on the weekends. He liked UWG but said everything about KSU was better.

• DallasRED likes this

#7 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,533 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:00 PM

He said that KSU offered more courses in his field than UWG. It also has more places in the area to go to on the weekends. He liked UWG but said everything about KSU was better.

I would say that is more of a geographical comparrison of Carrollton to Kennesaw/Marietta.

Both are now LARGE college campus organizations and it will possibly come down to whats the better attractions off campus.

But if one has more curricular over the other in certain fields of study than that would and should be a deciding factor.  

We are fortunate for both, and for the Paulding Campus from KSU and Georgia Highlands. 

The next step up, is Georgia State in downtown Atlanta, or UGA in Athens. Both a quantum leap for students who are comparing those schools to KSU and UWGA.

When you think they are ganging up against you....."Illigitimus non es carborundum"

#8 Marteen-J

Marteen-J

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:40 AM

First of all, it doesn't matter where you start college, only where you graduate from is put on a resume

Having kids at both of those University schools currently, i can say it is alot cheaper to spend the first year at Chattahoochee Tech or West Central Tech in Douglasville taking the core courses that all schools require

Kennesaw costs more overall, especially with all those "hidden" fees beyond the tuition.  West Ga has some of those hidden fees too, but not nearly as many and they are not as high.  Kennesaw automatically puts the most expensive food plan on the student (3 meals a day for the entire week), and then you have to "appeal" the decision to get the smaller / way less expensive plan of 1 or 2 meals a day on campus.  The food plan trick applies to all full-time students whether they commute or live on campus.   West Georgia does not play those games with the food plans

If they are planning on living on campus, then Kennesaw has newer / more modern dorms, but it is an unbelievable process to get into campus housing.  The parent has to co-sign a 1 year lease just like an apartment with the $600+ rent due on the first of each month.  There is a non-refundable $275 fee due within a week of getting a dorm room assigned or they drop the student out of the room to the bottom of the waiting list again, etc.   So, to get a room for Fall semester, you apply in Feb or March and pay the $275 at that time (6 months before you move in).  If you change roommates or rooms during the lease period, etc there is a $200 fee.   So, keep in mind you are locked into a lease, even if your kid does not continue to go there the next year.  They really don't "let" you out of a lease, you have to find another student to take the room and you pay the change fee, etc.   After talking with other parents in orientation, it seems to me that it is more difficult for the "local" students to get a room than a foreign or out-of-state student. One reason i say that, is i met a few from New York that had not paid the $275 admin fee yet and they still had a room assigned. 

West Ga has that "30 mile rule" that requires all freshmen that live outside a 30 mile radius to live on campus.  Douglasville addresses are exempt from living on campus, but some Dallas and Hiram ones are required

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics