Paulding.com

Secret meetings, code names, forgetting about minutes

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I oppose those who say one thing and do the other, especially when they work for me and the rest of the public. I have said many, many times, just be up front. Tell us exactly what circumstances cau

<br /><br /><br />  Whitey, what the hell are you talking about?   Do I really think that small business are supporting the chamber in this endeavor? I think that their focus is

Again, for many like myself, the airport of and to itself is fine.   Its was promised to not cost us a cent, and to be general aviation only.....no commercial. In fact, it has cost Millions and Mi

Pubby, as far as your last paragraph I assume many of those opposed to the airport today are of some that had to accept into a General Aviation type airport that was built against voter participation. Keep in mind it was voted down because folks thought the taxpayers would be picking up the cost. Then, OMG...........free MONEY!!!! won't cost a damn thing to build, and frees the taxpayers up!!! Guess what...........the taxpayers HAVE been paying for it in O&M costs, plus who knows what.

Economic development $$$$$$ should've been placed around the General Aviation airport instead of the problem stench infested movie studio. BTW, Blake mentioned in Dec that the Movie Studio had about four future prospects. Last month at the IBA he stated Roadtown Ent would have an announcement by the end of the week. Has anything been announced concerning getting some revenue to help pay off just the current monthly debt on the Movie Studio facilities????

Great question. Has anyone heard anything??????

Not yet! Pubby has failed to even reply to my post, although he responded to a couple of others after my post.

So if I understand what you are saying the IBA PCAA and the BOC knew that the tax payers were going to have to put in Sewerage, Water Tank, Fire station Fencing Widening the Taxi way etc. just to make the airport functional to use as a General Aviation airport, And it just so happened that they Chased Brett Smith down and got him to agree on Converting the airport into Commercial Passenger service..... Yea RIGHT!!!!! That's Right

Pubby you are running for public office to represent the post that the airport is in its time for you to get serious and quit the BS

Whitey:

No, they were going to have to do most of those things (water extension, water tank, sewerage, fire station) to make it attractive for industrial development. That those attributes also makes it attractive for commercial passenger airline traffic is just the fact. These things were in the works long before the effort to entice Brett Smith and Propeller to the site.

The widening of the taxiway would enhance the value of the airport could have been delayed a bit longer probably but its presence adds value to the airport for industrial development.

Where you're missing the boat here is thinking of the airport as only an airport. The airport is a key bit of transportation infrastructure that adds to the value of all the property in the county just like the existence of a four-lane road to Atlanta or; as time goes on, the four-lane from Douglasville north to Hiram and then north along 92 to Acworth.

You seem to think of these things in isolation rather than as part of a whole package when it is really the package that counts.

George Patton Hughes (aka: pubby)

ps: Thanks for pointing out the error in my signature. Yes, the election is May 20th.

Not yet! Pubby has failed to even reply to my post, although he responded to a couple of others after my post.

Whitey:

No, they were going to have to do most of those things (water extension, water tank, sewerage, fire station) to make it attractive for industrial development. That those attributes also makes it attractive for commercial passenger airline traffic is just the fact. These things were in the works long before the effort to entice Brett Smith and Propeller to the site.

The widening of the taxiway would enhance the value of the airport could have been delayed a bit longer probably but its presence adds value to the airport for industrial development.

Where you're missing the boat here is thinking of the airport as only an airport. The airport is a key bit of transportation infrastructure that adds to the value of all the property in the county just like the existence of a four-lane road to Atlanta or; as time goes on, the four-lane from Douglasville north to Hiram and then north along 92 to Acworth.

You seem to think of these things in isolation rather than as part of a whole package when it is really the package that counts.

George Patton Hughes (aka: pubby)

ps: Thanks for pointing out the error in my signature. Yes, the election is May 20th.

LMAO, Pubby finally found his date error, yet he has yet answered to my post

Whitey I don't understand what you have an issue with. This airport has been being built piece by piece for years.

This is not news, anyone keeping up with it knows that. The plan has been in place for years. Not just the airport but preparation for it to be a major industrial area.

I read your rant about the Atlanta airport ,it was fine for those people to make all the sacrifices so you and 1000's more could have good paying jobs and good retirement.

The time has come that our people are sacrificing trying to support their families here. The fuel prices and time away from family has become too much. They want local jobs and a healthy local economy.

I know, I put my son in a school in Powder springs, it took us slightly over 20 minutes each way. 10 years later it took close to an hour. We started out with six lights to get him there and in 10 years we had over 18 traffic lights to go one way.

You see only what you want to see. You talk to your own peer group and those that geographically are most likely to agree with you.

You may think that only your post commissioner controls what happens in your district. All the commissioners effect all of us.

I concern myself with other post as much as my own.

We have some problems with the way we are doing business, that needs to change.

The airport needs to expand and be profitable period. I would be more concerned if a commissioner claimed he would keep it in the red to keep his constituents happy.

Failure is not a positive thing.

Well if you don't understand then you haven't been reading the post on the airport, Or you and Pubby are hell bent on cramming something down the citizens throat that the Citizens don't want

First the Airport will be a magnet for crime, corruption, Poor schools, Higher Taxes, Lower standard of living, Unbearable living conditions, Lower property values and yes get ready for this ........ Minimum wage jobs, That's right L{PPT minimum wage jobs.. You been to Hartsfield Jackson how many of those jobs that you speak of are available there..... Sure you have some mechanics, Pilots, that make good money and some even still have a retirement..... Not many though.

Unlike you and PUBBY most of the citizens and myself were not privy to the inner workings of how the airport was going to be built I thought that when they had the Grand Opening in 2008 that the airport was ready to operate and create the thousands of jobs that were first promised.

I had no Idea that was the first phase and I am quite sure that no one had any idea that at least $76,000,000 more tax dollars was going to be needed to make the airport capable of a couple of passenger flights a day.

I realize that you and PUBBY are for bringing jobs to Paulding County at any cost, Makes no difference what happens to the environment, Traffic congestion, school systems, Tax base etc. It really reminds me of the building boom, And the influx of thousands of new citizens with no place for them to dine ,shop, etc. And the result was a building boom of minimum wage jobs with no benefits, that required additional schools, fire protection, roads, Parks, etc. which BTW required the enormous increase in taxes that we see today with one of the highest millage rates/ Bond rates in the Metropolitan area. Of course the same thing occurred around Hartsfield Jackson Problem is you and Pubby will not acknowledge it in your zest to commercialize the airport.

And provide Passenger service.

Lastly LPPT a man's word should be his BOND, A man is no better than his word, when you and I were out Campaign for David Austin in 2012 we had no idea that he would hold secret meetings and sellout the citizens of Paulding County. And then secretly keep that from the citizens for another eleven months.. HE DID THAT!!!! And today is still not being honest with the citizens, Just recently he tried to change a law that would prevent a citizen from having their day in court.

We do not need to elect folks like Pubby that would aide and abet this type of geverning

• Like 2

Whitey a sell out is your perspective of the situation.

You might be surprised at the many out there saying finally, we are on the road to success with the airport.

There is no way we will rival HJ without a much larger runway and probably a second runway.

As far as I can see those against expansion want as few as possible planes in and out of that airport.

That means failure for the airport.

I know that you want it to fail because it was rammed down your throat as you put it.

As far as I can tell David has not done any of this with the intention of hurting any citizens.

He makes the hard decisions, I am sure this was a hard one and he definitely made a mistake in the way he allowed it to be done.

For the life of me I can not imagine someone campaigning on the platform of making sure that airport fail by finding a way to limit planes going in and out of it.

I think that you are exaggerating the impact of an airport that will be small for many years.

• Like 3

You might be surprised at the many out there saying finally, we are on the road to success with the airport.

There is no way we will rival HJ without a much larger runway and probably a second runway.

As far as I can see those against expansion want as few as possible planes in and out of that airport.

I know that you want it to fail because it was rammed down your throat as you put it.

As far as I can tell David has not done any of this with the intention of hurting any citizens.

He makes the hard decisions, I am sure this was a hard one and he definitely made a mistake in the way he allowed it to be done.

For the life of me I can not imagine someone campaigning on the platform of making sure that airport fail by finding a way to limit planes going in and out of it.

I think that you are exaggerating the impact of an airport that will be small for many years.

Very small for MANY years. And I still can't figure out how an airport will ruin our school system. :blink: At this point the anti-airport group, all 30 of them, are grasping at straws and making unsubstantiated claims to try and get their point across. When in fact all it is doing is making them look ridiculous.

Edited by momof 3
  • Like 3

Very small for MANY years. And I still can't figure out how an airport will ruin our school system. :blink: At this point the anti-airport group, all 30 of them, are grasping at straws and making unsubstantiated claims to try and get their point across. When in fact all it is doing is making them look ridiculous.

I can assure you there are more than 30 people that oppose the airport expansion. There are many, many more. I have talked to them myself. Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they aren't out there.

• Like 1

Those against the commercialization of the airport want no commercialzation as promised by the Commission. Austin HAS hurt every citizen in Post 2 by keeping the post Commissioner "out of the loop." Those citizens had their voice silenced because of David Austin. He had every intention of misleading Todd Pownall.

• Like 2

I m not sure what you expect them to do to help it make money.

All of the folks that live in the county and own planes lost them in the tornado.

I think it was around 20 or more. That is 20 planes worth over a million each registered here paying tax here plus parking fees and fuel.

Airport off line for months probably losing potential clients if just for fuel.

Our local clients may have been understanding about our piece meal efforts at improving our airport, but those shopping may have seen some serious short comings that are being corrected.

The bottom line you make it work because it is your job to do so.

While I agree that post 2 people were deprived of representation, not all of them want the airport to fail by not having any planes flying in and out. Who was he supposed to represent the folks that want no planes and failure or folks that want it to be successful. Every single commissioner effects the lives of everyone in this county, not just their post.

I have not heard of him or any other commissioner address compensation for those people severely effected. That sounds like a compromise to me.

I certainly will feel no ill effects over here in North Paulding by commercialization but I still want those people treated well with my tax dollars.

You don't see me arguing about tax money better spent in my post than theirs.

One of the things that annoy me about this county is the win lose attitude and many times you see an extra vengeful kick aimed at the loser.

It is not anything to be proud of for sure.

Success for many when it comes to this airport is zero planes. They were fighting the general aviation. Why did we not hear about it, because of the tornadoes there were no planes to bother them.

They thought they had won with the exception of the yearly air show which was marketing of the airport.

You are welcome to believe that they would settle for general aviation if you want to. It is simply a strategy to get back to zero planes at that airport.

From Citizens for a Better Paulding

We've been asked by several residents if there would be a buyout of homes near the airport IF it goes commercial. We contacted our attorney, Mr. Pete Steenland, who's handling the FAA Settlement and this is his response:

"In response, the FAA does not buy out home owners. Under well-established law, the airport operator is responsible to landowners for noise from the airport. Therefore, Paulding landowners would look to the county, and to the airport authority for buy-outs. I doubt that would happen here for several reasons. First, it is not likely the noise would result in a “taking” of land as defined by the Supreme Court. Second, you can’t condemn without a valid public purpose, and I don’t know what that would be in this instance. Also, there is very limited federal funding for these activities, and airport owners compete vigorously for the funds that are handed out. Most money goes to noise insulation – helping landowners buy better window and similar noise mitigation. Outright purchase is rare, and normally happens not because of noise but because that particular parcel of land is needed for the airport itself.

https://www.facebook.com/savepauldingco

Well if you don't understand then you haven't been reading the post on the airport, Or you and Pubby are hell bent on cramming something down the citizens throat that the Citizens don't want

First the Airport will be a magnet for crime, corruption, Poor schools, Higher Taxes, Lower standard of living, Unbearable living conditions, Lower property values and yes get ready for this ........ Minimum wage jobs, That's right L{PPT minimum wage jobs.. You been to Hartsfield Jackson how many of those jobs that you speak of are available there..... Sure you have some mechanics, Pilots, that make good money and some even still have a retirement..... Not many though.

Unlike you and PUBBY most of the citizens and myself were not privy to the inner workings of how the airport was going to be built I thought that when they had the Grand Opening in 2008 that the airport was ready to operate and create the thousands of jobs that were first promised.

I had no Idea that was the first phase and I am quite sure that no one had any idea that at least $76,000,000 more tax dollars was going to be needed to make the airport capable of a couple of passenger flights a day.

I realize that you and PUBBY are for bringing jobs to Paulding County at any cost, Makes no difference what happens to the environment, Traffic congestion, school systems, Tax base etc. It really reminds me of the building boom, And the influx of thousands of new citizens with no place for them to dine ,shop, etc. And the result was a building boom of minimum wage jobs with no benefits, that required additional schools, fire protection, roads, Parks, etc. which BTW required the enormous increase in taxes that we see today with one of the highest millage rates/ Bond rates in the Metropolitan area. Of course the same thing occurred around Hartsfield Jackson Problem is you and Pubby will not acknowledge it in your zest to commercialize the airport.

And provide Passenger service.

Lastly LPPT a man's word should be his BOND, A man is no better than his word, when you and I were out Campaign for David Austin in 2012 we had no idea that he would hold secret meetings and sellout the citizens of Paulding County. And then secretly keep that from the citizens for another eleven months.. HE DID THAT!!!! And today is still not being honest with the citizens, Just recently he tried to change a law that would prevent a citizen from having their day in court.

We do not need to elect folks like Pubby that would aide and abet this type of geverning

So the airport is going to give us poor schools, huh? Do you realize that nine of Paulding's 19 elementary schools are already Title I schools? That means that a significant number of students there receive free or reduced-price lunches. Poole Elementary, which is practically next to the airport, as your friends are always quick to point out, is already one of them. So it's hard to imagine that an airport could create even more poverty.

Maybe if this airport were expanded to bring jobs, then some of the parents of those poor families could find a job or take a job here in the county instead of traveling outside Paulding's borders.

• Like 2

So the airport is going to give us poor schools, huh? Do you realize that nine of Paulding's 19 elementary schools are already Title I schools? That means that a significant number of students there receive free or reduced-price lunches. Poole Elementary, which is practically next to the airport, as your friends are always quick to point out, is already one of them. So it's hard to imagine that an airport could create even more poverty.

Maybe if this airport were expanded to bring jobs, then some of the parents of those poor families could find a job or take a job here in the county instead of traveling outside Paulding's borders.

Maybe Poole didn't get bad until the airport was built?? Yea, that's it for sure. Airport=bad schools. Makes sense to me. NOT!!

Your post makes WAAAY too much sense, are you sure you're in the right place??

And at the time Governor Wallace made that speech, segregation was the legal written law of the land in Alabama, and for that matter Georgia as well.

It took Federal Legislation to over rule those state enacted Jim Crowe laws and put an end to segregation as a legal issue in Alabama, Georgia, and the rest of the USA.

My point is that a significant amount of folks likely agreed with Wallace's stance at the time and didn't want to see segregation end.

It's great when politicians stand by what they say and promise, but it's not a bad thing when a politician reverses course to allow progress to happen. And sometimes "what the citizens want," even if we're talking about the majority, isn't what's best for each and every person in the county.

Why don't all of y'all that are for the airport expansion go take out 2nd,3rd or 4th mortgages on your homes,borrow against your retirement and invest YOUR money if you are so sure it will make a profit?

But no,you don't want to do that,you want to force everyone to pay or go homeless.

I think your last line deserves special recognition, LPPT ... as the understatement of the year.

Those against the commercialization of the airport want no commercialzation as promised by the Commission. Austin HAS hurt every citizen in Post 2 by keeping the post Commissioner "out of the loop." Those citizens had their voice silenced because of David Austin. He had every intention of misleading Todd Pownall.

Speaking of understatement, I understand that Todd Pownall did ask Blake Swafford about Silver Comet Partners back in November 2012 when the lease was signed and reported to the public. Todd Pownall said that Swafford told him it was something to do with the FBO situation that was an undercurrent at the airport at the time (apparently there were some issues that were not publicized.) That statement might be the understatement of the year 2012 but that Todd accepted it with out additional questions or inquiry speaks to an utter lack of curiosity.

That he didn't read between the lines after the Chairman gave his 2013 state of the county address where he promised big things were up at the airport is another opportunity for questions that P2 Commissioner Todd Pownall missed.

That Mr. Pownall's analytical skills were such that he was easily being kept in the dark by not just the Chairman, but other commissioners - he wasn't aware of his status or apparently concerned about what was transpiring - tells me he deserves at least some of the blame.

That everyone who kept him up all weekend caling after Brett Smith made his announcement last October asserting he 'must have known' were wrong. I honestly don't think he did know. I do think, however, that he should have known. Frankly, if I were in his position and honestly didn't know - I would have been too embarrassed to admit that I was clueless to something that monumental going on around me and I didn't know.

I know he had some clues - like the blow-off answer from Blake in November 2012 and the big hint by the Chairman at his state of the county speech in March 2013. His assertion he didn't know tells us all that he chose to ignore those clues. Was he so alientated from all the other post commissioners that they wouldn't have clued him too?

As a member of the board of commissioners his post does give him a level of access and certainly the opportunity to ask questions directly of staff with out FOIA's. The position, that of a commissioner, gives him the authority to ask questions until he is satisfied. Logic tells us that he may be too easy to satisfy.

And what would Todd have done had he known?

Ardent supporters of his have told me that he has never 'whispered' what has gone on in closed sessions so why would this be any different? I can confirm, with an absolute straight face, that he has never been an 'unnamed source' for news on Paulding.com ... at least since his last election.

But think what transpired in the interim and ask the question, "Would have have done anything differently if he had known?"

Would he have voted against the building of the water tower in his district? Would he have voted against putting a fire station in his district? Would he have objected to the citing of the firestation on the airport? He didn't have to know about the airport to object to those things being placed at the airport so apparently he was good with them as those improvements were beneficial to residents and to economic development around the airport anyway.

So what difference would him knowing about the plans to bring passenger airline traffic to SCF before hand have made?

Personally, I don't think it would have made any difference at all. What would have done one thing differently. Voted to not improve the water system in his district? Voted not to bring sewerage to the industrial park around the new airport? Voted to not build a new firestation?

Now Todd is a nice guy. I like him. But I think Todd is someone who simply sees political advantage in opposing the airport ... and that makes it easy for him ... Todd is also no champion of openness in government ... or else he'd have fed me at least a couple of stories over his four years in office.

So while it may have been a 'failing' on the part of the Chairman not to include him in the plans for the airport, I am still amazed that Todd would be so unaware that he was being kept in the dark that he wouldn't even search out who these folks Blake told him had signed the lease on the airport.

I mean the airport is one of the county's biggest assets. It is in his district and he knew there was a terminal lease signed by the AA with a company called Silver Comet Terminal Partners; just like it was written on the agenda. And with that, and with the statement of big things coming at the airport Todd didn't have enough innate curiosity to ask for and review the specific terms of the lease or get the name off the contract to get information on the guy the county was doing business with? These documents were public record and he wouldn't even need a FOIA to see it. ... but he didn't ask the questions ...

If you don't see that as a monumental lack of curiosity, well you're as blind to what is going around you as Todd. Post 2 deserves better.

George Patton "Pat" Hughes (aka: pubby)

I think your last line deserves special recognition, LPPT ... as the understatement of the year.

Speaking of understatement, I understand that Todd Pownall did ask Blake Swafford about Silver Comet Partners back in November 2012 when the lease was signed and reported to the public. Todd Pownall said that Swafford told him it was something to do with the FBO situation that was an undercurrent at the airport at the time (apparently there were some issues that were not publicized.) That statement might be the understatement of the year 2012 but that Todd accepted it with out additional questions or inquiry speaks to an utter lack of curiosity.

That he didn't read between the lines after the Chairman gave his 2013 state of the county address where he promised big things were up at the airport is another opportunity for questions that P2 Commissioner Todd Pownall missed.

That Mr. Pownall's analytical skills were such that he was easily being kept in the dark by not just the Chairman, but other commissioners - he wasn't aware of his status or apparently concerned about what was transpiring - tells me he deserves at least some of the blame.

That everyone who kept him up all weekend caling after Brett Smith made his announcement last October asserting he 'must have known' were wrong. I honestly don't think he did know. I do think, however, that he should have known. Frankly, if I were in his position and honestly didn't know - I would have been too embarrassed to admit that I was clueless to something that monumental going on around me and I didn't know.

I know he had some clues - like the blow-off answer from Blake in November 2012 and the big hint by the Chairman at his state of the county speech in March 2013. His assertion he didn't know tells us all that he chose to ignore those clues. Was he so alientated from all the other post commissioners that they wouldn't have clued him too?

As a member of the board of commissioners his post does give him a level of access and certainly the opportunity to ask questions directly of staff with out FOIA's. The position, that of a commissioner, gives him the authority to ask questions until he is satisfied. Logic tells us that he may be too easy to satisfy.

Ardent supporters of his have told me that he has never 'whispered' what has gone on in closed sessions so why would this be any different? I can confirm, with an absolute straight face, that he has never been an 'unnamed source' for news on Paulding.com ... at least since his last election.

But think what transpired in the interim and ask the question, "Would have have done anything differently if he had known?"

Would he have voted against the building of the water tower in his district? Would he have voted against putting a fire station in his district? Would he have objected to the citing of the firestation on the airport? He didn't have to know about the airport to object to those things being placed at the airport so apparently he was good with them as those improvements were beneficial to residents and to economic development around the airport anyway.

So what difference would him knowing about the plans to bring passenger airline traffic to SCF before hand have made?

Personally, I don't think it would have made any difference at all. What would have done one thing differently. Voted to not improve the water system in his district? Voted not to bring sewerage to the industrial park around the new airport? Voted to not build a new firestation?

Now Todd is a nice guy. I like him. But I think Todd is someone who simply sees political advantage in opposing the airport ... and that makes it easy for him ... Todd is also no champion of openness in government ... or else he'd have fed me at least a couple of stories over his four years in office.

So while it may have been a 'failing' on the part of the Chairman not to include him in the plans for the airport, I am still amazed that Todd would be so unaware that he was being kept in the dark that he wouldn't even search out who these folks Blake told him had signed the lease on the airport.

I mean the airport is one of the county's biggest assets. It is in his district and he knew there was a terminal lease signed by the AA with a company called Silver Comet Terminal Partners; just like it was written on the agenda. And with that, and with the statement of big things coming at the airport Todd didn't have enough innate curiosity to ask for and review the specific terms of the lease or get the name off the contract to get information on the guy the county was doing business with? These documents were public record and he wouldn't even need a FOIA to see it. ... but he didn't ask the questions ...

If you don't see that as a monumental lack of curiosity, well you're as blind to what is going around you as Todd. Post 2 deserves better.

Pardon me? " You "understand" what? You heard something from someone doesn't hold water. After all, you are running for Post 2. Nothing would suprise me as to what you "understand". Austin said Pownall was, "left out of the loop." People deserve better than that.

• Like 1

Now NJ you know that you given the choice between a Republican and a Democrat will always be of the opinion the Republican is the best candidate.

I am going to stand behind Pubby. I know that he values the truth above all things.

I also know that he believes that compromise is essential in politics.

He is also smart enough to work out a compromise.

Doing nothing with that airport because some people don't like the airport will not be an option as it should not be.

I can tell you that he would fight hard for a compromise out there that would certainly leave those severely impacted much better off than a commissioner that has been totally shut out. Pubby would do the necessary research to know exactly what they are entitled to.

He would fight for them and do his best to make the airport a success.

Those people are entitled to relocation and it may be that by simply commercializing that it may be imminent.

It would be the best for those folks out there.

If there is criteria that we are not meeting because of general aviation (number of flights, size of planes) these people will have to suffer and deal with the annoyance and we will be stuck with a failure.

I know Pubby he will do the research and ask the questions.

He has been the champion of many in this county over the years, it is not just enough to feel sympathy you have to do something and he will.

Now NJ you know that you given the choice between a Republican and a Democrat will always be of the opinion the Republican is the best candidate.

I am going to stand behind Pubby. I know that he values the truth above all things.

I also know that he believes that compromise is essential in politics.

He is also smart enough to work out a compromise.

Doing nothing with that airport because some people don't like the airport will not be an option as it should not be.

I can tell you that he would fight hard for a compromise out there that would certainly leave those severely impacted much better off than a commissioner that has been totally shut out. Pubby would do the necessary research to know exactly what they are entitled to.

He would fight for them and do his best to make the airport a success.

Those people are entitled to relocation and it may be that by simply commercializing that it may be imminent.

It would be the best for those folks out there.

If there is criteria that we are not meeting because of general aviation (number of flights, size of planes) these people will have to suffer and deal with the annoyance and we will be stuck with a failure.

I know Pubby he will do the research and ask the questions.

He has been the champion of many in this county over the years, it is not just enough to feel sympathy you have to do something and he will.

In this case Todd would still be the best candidate in the race!

I consider myself Republican leaning; however, in this particular election, I VERY much disagree with you about Todd Pownall being the best candidate.

I am not surprised. Because of one issue would you vote for a candidate who has never met a tax he does not like or who supports Obamacare? Not I ! I like Pubby and always have but we very much disagree on politics.

I am not surprised. Because of one issue would you vote for a candidate who has never met a tax he does not like or who supports Obamacare? Not I ! I like Pubby and always have but we very much disagree on politics.

I don't recall saying who I am supporting for this race; however, I will tell you that I would support Pubby over Todd ANY day.

I don't rely on the Republican party or any other group for that matter to tell me who to vote for - I rely on my conscience and my own personal research and it has served me very well over the years.

P. S. I am smart enough not to let "one single issue" make up my mind about anything or anybody. :)

Pubby,

You are grossly misleading folks with what you are saying and here is why:

The airport has had an FBO (Fixed Base Operator) since 2010. Given that fact, if Blake Swafford answered Todd's inquiry in the fashion you are stating, then Blake Swafford LIED to Todd. No two ways about it. Todd asked the Airport Director a direct question and received an answer containing 'FBO.' Further, you state there were some other issues going on at the time with the FBO.

A commercial air service terminal operator is not an FBO--by any stretch of the imagination.

An FBO, by definition, is for the support services (hangars, fuel, tie down, etc.) of general aviation airports (to include business and corporate services).

For you to assert that Todd, by virtue of having been given a 'vague' answer, should have looked deeper, is bullcheeze. Plain and simple bullcheeze. Especially when 'FBO' was used in the answer.

You call it 'Understatement of the Year 2012.' If you had any amount of interest in calling it for what it is, you would acknowledge it was a LIE. Nothing less, nothing more.

• Like 2

Pubby,

You are grossly misleading folks with what you are saying and here is why:

The airport has had an FBO (Fixed Base Operator) since 2010. Given that fact, if Blake Swafford answered Todd's inquiry in the fashion you are stating, then Blake Swafford LIED to Todd. No two ways about it. Todd asked the Airport Director a direct question and received an answer containing 'FBO.' Further, you state there were some other issues going on at the time with the FBO.

A commercial air service terminal operator is not an FBO--by any stretch of the imagination.

An FBO, by definition, is for the support services (hangars, fuel, tie down, etc.) of general aviation airports (to include business and corporate services).

For you to assert that Todd, by virtue of having been given a 'vague' answer, should have looked deeper, is bullcheeze. Plain and simple bullcheeze. Especially when 'FBO' was used in the answer.

You call it 'Understatement of the Year 2012.' If you had any amount of interest in calling it for what it is, you would acknowledge it was a LIE. Nothing less, nothing more.

You will never get the pro airport to admit somebody lied...............They are just like the Obama followers.

You sure have a right to your opinion, If the airport was along side 61 north in the burnt hickory area your opinion would be quite different, I have never seen a tax increase that you did not like, Hell you ran all over town hollering about the extra one cent transportation sales tax you and Pubby really like to tax and spend

I think the issue with the director of the airport and IBA needs to be addressed.

If the commissioners holding seats don't make an effort to address it before the election then they need to be replaced with people that will. I have not yet gotten around to talking in depth with those running for Tommy's seat but I will.

As I mentioned they all effect my life no matter the post.

We have some serious problems with not only those organizations but with their legal council.

I am even more concerned that more than one person with the firm is adept at manipulation without regard to the hard working people of this county.

The commercialization of this airport without public knowledge is simply another symptom of some deep rooted issues when it comes to county business.

Taking advice to keep this quiet and the efforts made to do so are indicative of something very wrong.

If you feel that you are doing what is best for this county then you stand up for it. You already have the power to do it regardless of a 1000 or less citizens that will not agree.

Part of elected office is making the hard decisions and dealing with the fall out.

It was bad advice period and it makes one wonder what other bad advice is being given that will ultimately hurt the community. The BOC needs to get control of these organizations writing checks that we have to cash. None of the organizations get a dime of money without the commission,

The writing of checks without permission should not sit well with any of them and the meeting I saw it is not only checks but legislation.

We may not be able to hold these organizations accountable but we hold those commissioners accountable. The buck stops with them. Legal advice is nothing but an educated opinion and they have the right to disagree with it.

You will never get the pro airport to admit somebody lied...............They are just like the Obama followers.

I am pro airport and not even close to being an Obama supporter - your theory has been proven wrong. :p

What I do realize is that "somebody's" position changed. Circumstances change, life changes, all kinds of things change in life including, but not limited to, people's minds. :)

There are a variety of circumstances and conditions that can change any human beings mind. If a human being is not capable of changing his or her mind, then I would become really, really worried. :)

Sooooo, a commissioner should expect to be at best, not informed and at worst, deliberately mislead?

That says a lot about the state of government affairs in Paulding County.

What?

You asked a question and received an answer and you didn't question whether that person was not telling the whole truth or was deliberately trying to mislead you or just plain lying to you?

What kind of person are you?

Ohhhhh, an honest one.

Well sir! We just don't need your kind around here.

• Like 2

I was definitely a more productive tax than one that allows multimillion dollar parks to be built all over the county for us to be taxed for maintenance until the end of time. Nothing but money pits.

If you ask folks they always say oh, I love our parks.

Pretty little packages to suck in more residential and commercial growth. I guess industrial parks and airports were people can make a decent wage to support their families and purchase their own recreation and entertainment are ugly and annoying.

We just learned that everything goes to crap when people don't have jobs.

Folks have very short memories.

I am pro airport and not even close to being an Obama supporter - your theory has been proven wrong. :p

What I do realize is that "somebody's" position changed. Circumstances change, life changes, all kinds of things change in life including, but not limited to, people's minds. :)

There are a variety of circumstances and conditions that can change any human beings mind. If a human being is not capable of changing his or her mind, then I would become really, really worried. :)

I am not pro or categorically against.

However, the 'lie' I am referring to had nothing to do with someone changing their mind--it was a flat-out lie.

I mean the airport is in your post also PUBBY and you have been attending these meetings for years before Todd even came on the scene heck you have videos of all this stuff and you are suppose to be a reporter and a former newspaper writer.... I mean goodness gracious you of all people should of picked up on all those little clues that David was throwing out... Heck are you the one that found the You Tube of the State of the County meeting.... Yep And are you saying to the folks that you were aware of the commercial passenger service back then????? Were you also aware of the meeting held on election night 2012 that actual raised our taxes??? That was just another sneaky move of David Austin. Why do you keep avoiding the video where David Austin plainly states that he did not let Todd in on the Passenger service.. I mean Pubby you are really stretching the truth in some of your statements.

Why not run on the issue you support commercial passenger service up to 2,000,000 passengers per year and you support putting another $49,000,000 into the airport to make it happen Todd does not support any commercial passenger service but he does support the General Aviation part. Todd Believes that a promise by Leaders should be kept, You are okay with breaking promises in fact you have implied that it was okay to do so.. Todd thought the citizens should of been aware of the Signed contract from day one You are okay with keeping it secret for 11 months.. Pretty simple comparison, Run the race on your facts count the votes let's see who wins

• Like 1

It frustrates me that the folks that thought the lie was a good idea are not up for re-election and many were not elected.

We have no choice but to pressure the elected officials to change this or be voted out.

Sooooo, a commissioner should expect to be at best, not informed and at worst, deliberately mislead?

That says a lot about the state of government affairs in Paulding County.

What?

You asked a question and received an answer and you didn't question whether that person was not telling the whole truth or was deliberately trying to mislead you or just plain lying to you?

What kind of person are you?

Ohhhhh, an honest one.

Well sir! We just don't need you kind around here.

You know, it doesn't make a lot of sense for a commissioner to NOT KNOW about changes coming to an AIRPORT located in his district. I mean, does that make sense? Even with minimal involvement, how in the world did he not know?

Now, having said that. I don't think he DID know. And THATS a hell of a note.

• Like 1

I think the issue with the director of the airport and IBA needs to be addressed.

If the commissioners holding seats don't make an effort to address it before the election then they need to be replaced with people that will. I have not yet gotten around to talking in depth with those running for Tommy's seat but I will.

As I mentioned they all effect my life no matter the post.

We have some serious problems with not only those organizations but with their legal council.

I am even more concerned that more than one person with the firm is adept at manipulation without regard to the hard working people of this county.

The commercialization of this airport without public knowledge is simply another symptom of some deep rooted issues when it comes to county business.

Taking advice to keep this quiet and the efforts made to do so are indicative of something very wrong.

If you feel that you are doing what is best for this county then you stand up for it. You already have the power to do it regardless of a 1000 or less citizens that will not agree.

Part of elected office is making the hard decisions and dealing with the fall out.

It was bad advice period and it makes one wonder what other bad advice is being given that will ultimately hurt the community. The BOC needs to get control of these organizations writing checks that we have to cash. None of the organizations get a dime of money without the commission,

The writing of checks without permission should not sit well with any of them and the meeting I saw it is not only checks but legislation.

We may not be able to hold these organizations accountable but we hold those commissioners accountable. The buck stops with them. Legal advice is nothing but an educated opinion and they have the right to disagree with it.

All the commissioners but Todd Pownall were in agreement with the secrecy that surrounds the airport Todd has been exposing them every meeting where you been?