Paulding.com

Secret meetings, code names, forgetting about minutes

I am not surprised. Because of one issue would you vote for a candidate who has never met a tax he does not like or who supports Obamacare? Not I ! I like Pubby and always have but we very much disagree on politics.

I'm not voting on Obamacare as a post commissioner. If you knew how 'frugal' I am, you'd also understand that I'm more about making the money we have go further than concentrating on collecting more. I don't complain about taxes but I don't like paying them anymore than anyone else.

Pubby,

You are grossly misleading folks with what you are saying and here is why:

The airport has had an FBO (Fixed Base Operator) since 2010. Given that fact, if Blake Swafford answered Todd's inquiry in the fashion you are stating, then Blake Swafford LIED to Todd. No two ways about it. Todd asked the Airport Director a direct question and received an answer containing 'FBO.' Further, you state there were some other issues going on at the time with the FBO.

A commercial air service terminal operator is not an FBO--by any stretch of the imagination.

An FBO, by definition, is for the support services (hangars, fuel, tie down, etc.) of general aviation airports (to include business and corporate services).

For you to assert that Todd, by virtue of having been given a 'vague' answer, should have looked deeper, is bullcheeze. Plain and simple bullcheeze. Especially when 'FBO' was used in the answer.

You call it 'Understatement of the Year 2012.' If you had any amount of interest in calling it for what it is, you would acknowledge it was a LIE. Nothing less, nothing more.

Again, Satellite ... you make my point.

Being diverted by the "FBO" line is exactly what I'm talking about. ... Todd said he attended the meeting, saw the passage of that terminal lease in the closing minutes after the executive session and said he asked Blake about it ... and the FBO line was Blake's answer. Todd said he took it at face value.

Todd and I had this conversation lost November when he passed me the minutes to the Nov. 2012 AA meeting as well as the minutes to the late October 2012 meeting when the IBA offered a contract that would guarantee Propeller a position in the sale/marketing of the industrial property at the airport... Whitey's famous called 'in the dark of the night' meeting at 7am.

As far as the story regarding Paulding Jet Center, I know who they are. I did a story on them when they first came.

Sooooo, a commissioner should expect to be at best, not informed and at worst, deliberately mislead?

That says a lot about the state of government affairs in Paulding County.

What?

You asked a question and received an answer and you didn't question whether that person was not telling the whole truth or was deliberately trying to mislead you or just plain lying to you?

What kind of person are you?

Ohhhhh, an honest one.

Well sir! We just don't need you kind around here.

Ronald Reagan has the best possible answer for this conundrum ... Used it on a Christmas Card once.

Trust but verify ... Stradial ... trust but verify :)

I mean the airport is in your post also PUBBY and you have been attending these meetings for years before Todd even came on the scene heck you have videos of all this stuff and you are suppose to be a reporter and a former newspaper writer.... I mean goodness gracious you of all people should of picked up on all those little clues that David was throwing out... Heck are you the one that found the You Tube of the State of the County meeting.... Yep And are you saying to the folks that you were aware of the commercial passenger service back then????? Were you also aware of the meeting held on election night 2012 that actual raised our taxes??? That was just another sneaky move of David Austin. Why do you keep avoiding the video where David Austin plainly states that he did not let Todd in on the Passenger service.. I mean Pubby you are really stretching the truth in some of your statements.

Why not run on the issue you support commercial passenger service up to 2,000,000 passengers per year and you support putting another $49,000,000 into the airport to make it happen Todd does not support any commercial passenger service but he does support the General Aviation part. Todd Believes that a promise by Leaders should be kept, You are okay with breaking promises in fact you have implied that it was okay to do so.. Todd thought the citizens should of been aware of the Signed contract from day one You are okay with keeping it secret for 11 months.. Pretty simple comparison, Run the race on your facts count the votes let's see who wins

I explained this earlier. Earlier in February I had gone in for a couple of stents ... my old arteries were getting close to getting clogged. While I was fortunate to have avoided a heart attack, I was more focused on getting back into good health and was spending time, thoughts, etc. in rehab and basically was avoiding the stress associated with the task.

The other difference is Todd is paid directly by the tax payers for his efforts.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I oppose those who say one thing and do the other, especially when they work for me and the rest of the public. I have said many, many times, just be up front. Tell us exactly what circumstances cau

<br /><br /><br />  Whitey, what the hell are you talking about?   Do I really think that small business are supporting the chamber in this endeavor? I think that their focus is

Again, for many like myself, the airport of and to itself is fine.   Its was promised to not cost us a cent, and to be general aviation only.....no commercial. In fact, it has cost Millions and Mi

You know, it doesn't make a lot of sense for a commissioner to NOT KNOW about changes coming to an AIRPORT located in his district. I mean, does that make sense? Even with minimal involvement, how in the world did he not know?

Now, having said that. I don't think he DID know. And THATS a hell of a note.

Seriously, there were steps taken to insure he didn't know. It was stated in a commissoner meeting the information was deliberately withheld from Todd because "he couldn't be trusted" . What the heck does that mean anyway?

He DID NOT know because they didn't want him to know. And THAT'S a h*ll of a note.

• Like 3

You know, it doesn't make a lot of sense for a commissioner to NOT KNOW about changes coming to an AIRPORT located in his district. I mean, does that make sense? Even with minimal involvement, how in the world did he not know?

Well when the people that you work with, the people that you trust, the people that you expect to have your back and be honest and upfront with you, hide things from you, in fact going so far as to leave the county to make sure you don't find out

that they are having a meeting about the airport, well I can see why you don't know about it.

Think about that.

Why go to another county to have the work sessions?

Maybe it was to make sure the commissioner didn't accidentally find out.

It is not hard to keep something from someone who trust you.

After all, they expect you to be honest and upfront and if you are lying and sneaking around and that person still thinks you are a moral and ethical person, then yes, you can be deceived.

Ask any man or woman who's spouse, whom they trust, if they can not know what is going on, even sometimes in their own house.

Trust can be a powerful weapon against someone..

ETA I understand why you would have those questions, I just think the answers are, they deliberately didn't want him to know.

• Like 4

Seriously, there were steps taken to insure he didn't know. It was stated in a commissoner meeting the information was deliberately withheld from Todd because "he couldn't be trusted" . What the heck does that mean anyway?

He DID NOT know because they didn't want him to know. And THAT'S a h*ll of a note.

I was there and I heard David say it.

David Austin is a liar

• Like 1

I'm not voting on Obamacare as a post commissioner. If you knew how 'frugal' I am, you'd also understand that I'm more about making the money we have go further than concentrating on collecting more. I don't complain about taxes but I don't like paying them anymore than anyone else.

Again, Satellite ... you make my point.

Being diverted by the "FBO" line is exactly what I'm talking about. ... Todd said he attended the meeting, saw the passage of that terminal lease in the closing minutes after the executive session and said he asked Blake about it ... and the FBO line was Blake's answer. Todd said he took it at face value.

Todd and I had this conversation lost November when he passed me the minutes to the Nov. 2012 AA meeting as well as the minutes to the late October 2012 meeting when the IBA offered a contract that would guarantee Propeller a position in the sale/marketing of the industrial property at the airport... Whitey's famous called 'in the dark of the night' meeting at 7am.

As far as the story regarding Paulding Jet Center, I know who they are. I did a story on them when they first came.

Ronald Reagan has the best possible answer for this conundrum ... Used it on a Christmas Card once.

Trust but verify ... Stradial ... trust but verify :)

I explained this earlier. Earlier in February I had gone in for a couple of stents ... my old arteries were getting close to getting clogged. While I was fortunate to have avoided a heart attack, I was more focused on getting back into good health and was spending time, thoughts, etc. in rehab and basically was avoiding the stress associated with the task.

The other difference is Todd is paid directly by the tax payers for his efforts.

Does this mean you are now going to run on the issues?

Why not run on the issue you support commercial passenger service up to 2,000,000 passengers per year and you support putting another $49,000,000 into the airport to make it happen Todd does not support any commercial passenger service but he does support the General Aviation part. Todd Believes that a promise by Leaders should be kept, You are okay with breaking promises in fact you have implied that it was okay to do so.. Todd thought the citizens should of been aware of the Signed contract from day one You are okay with keeping it secret for 11 months.. Pretty simple comparison, Run the race on your facts count the votes let's see who wins

I don't think Pubby as any intention of trashing Todd. He has not criticized him. He has said I believe I can do it better.

One thing that is bothering me is I know of a citizen that tapes all the AA meetings. Surely he and his associates picked up on something?

There are so many unanswered questions about new construction, who was paying for it. Surely someone ask.

Even with the use of code names you can pretty much tell what is up. The information is there they are simply filling in the blank with a different name.

If Blake blatantly lied to Todds face even purposely mislead that is a serious issue. As far as I know he does not have the authority to do that to any sitting commissioner that basically signs the checks for the organizations he works for.

If he has permission from the commission to do this type of dirty work we have a corruption problem that needs to be addressed.

I don't think Pubby as any intention of trashing Todd. He has not criticized him. He has said I believe I can do it better.

One thing that is bothering me is I know of a citizen that tapes all the AA meetings. Surely he and his associates picked up on something?

There are so many unanswered questions about new construction, who was paying for it. Surely someone ask.

Even with the use of code names you can pretty much tell what is up. The information is there they are simply filling in the blank with a different name.

If Blake blatantly lied to Todds face even purposely mislead that is a serious issue. As far as I know he does not have the authority to do that to any sitting commissioner that basically signs the checks for the organizations he works for.

If he has permission from the commission to do this type of dirty work we have a corruption problem that needs to be addressed.

I believe you have a corruption problem, I also believe it will surface pretty soon?

Yes PUBBY has been trashing Todd for some time now... BUT what comes around goes around

• Like 2

What kind of person would take the other person at their word?

Don't they know that lying, obfuscating, muddling, concealing and just plain out and out lying is to be expected from those you work with?

Harumph, what kind of people do we have running this county anyway, honest, ethical and moral ones?

• Like 4

Whitey:

Missed this part:

To borrow from Ronald Reagan again ... There you go again, Whitey ...

First it was commercial passenger traffic at all, then it was 300,000 passengers a year, then 1 million and now 2 million a year ... which is almost double what the pros in Atlanta figured would come through Atlanta's second airport after spending $3 billion ... If we can do that for a mere $48 million, think how much efficient (and more money) we'd generate than them.

thanks ... that was my point.

All the commissioners but Todd Pownall were in agreement with the secrecy that surrounds the airport Todd has been exposing them every meeting where you been?

There is no secrecy, there was at most some semblence of confidentiality. There is no state law allowing official secrets (secrecy is a national security thing.) and provides confidentiality only for work in progress in specific areas including economic development. HIPPA records, school records and employment records.

To suggest that Todd has been exposing secrecy is ridiculous.

What you're seeing exposed Whitey is small government with minimal bureaucracy, nimble and directed by their perception of what they think is best for the community. Further they are dealing with economic development and the confidentiality that surrounds that and while I think they've made some stumbles, this is hardly

Now I've seen local governments here and elsewere at other times that were not on the up and up.

I've said that I don't agree with the slam-bam propose at 10/dispose at 2 style that has been the tradition in Paulding government ... but to suggest it is 'secrecy' or anything approaching that is just hyperbole.

Oh, and Whitey, if you're talking about the email from Tom Cable to Howard Maxwell ... Todd didn't disclose that; you got it with a FOIA ... Let me give you a hint, you may get some information that is not widely known with a FOIA; but you'll not get a secret that way.

pubby

Well when the people that you work with, the people that you trust, the people that you expect to have your back and be honest and upfront with you, hide things from you, in fact going so far as to leave the county to make sure you don't find out

that they are having a meeting about the airport, well I can see why you don't know about it.

Think about that.

Why go to another county to have the work sessions?

Maybe it was to make sure the commissioner didn't accidentally find out.

It is not hard to keep something from someone who trust you.

After all, they expect you to be honest and upfront and if you are lying and sneaking around and that person still thinks you are a moral and ethical person, then yes, you can be deceived.

Ask any man or woman who's spouse, whom they trust, if they can not know what is going on, even sometimes in their own house.

Trust can be a powerful weapon against someone..

ETA I understand why you would have those questions, I just think the answers are, they deliberately didn't want him to know.

The people you tried to defeat in the election the summer before (July 2012 was the primary; the first contact with Brett Smith was late July 2012).

I know voters (and you Stradial) have short memories but even if you did, you'd understand that the divisions and distrust were at high tide when the first contact on the expansion of the airport was made.

Oh, and you do know that the retreat was a retreat of the IBA/AA, not the BOC ... Other people were invited but it was not a BOC retreat.

pubby

What kind of person would take the other person at their word?

Don't they know that lying, obfuscating, muddling, concealing and just plain out and out lying is to be expected from those you work with?

Harumph, what kind of people do we have running this county anyway, honest, ethical and moral ones?

We always take people at their word.

Having done county beats over half the continent Stradial ... I've seen more than my fair share of politicians.

Some are looking out for themselves and others actually try to do their jobs.

I'd turn on David and those folks if I had the slightest idea that he was dealing himself into the deal. I haven't had the first hint.

As far as Blake blowing off Todd ... hey, I understand; Blake blows me off too :) He's a "BS'er" and a bit on the arrogant side but hey, I ascribe it to his personality.

I can say that as a post commissioner, Todd, I or whomever may take the role, must understand that we have the role of legislators. Indeed, the BOC only has limited power over his two employers - the AA and the IBA - and as long as he satisfies those boards, he has the job.

But I haven't heard Todd taking a stand on Blake - Tommie Graham didn't ring the bell of high confidence though, a couple of weeks ago.

But you have to know that I've covered all kinds of folks over the years. (Did you know I used to interview former Miami and Dallas Cowboy Coach Jimmy Johnson weekly - He was defensive coordinator for Frank Broyles 1975 Cotton Bowl bound Razorbacks). I did the first ever daily Razorback Report that season. When I didn't do the same for the basketball program, I actually pissed off Eddie Sutton, who was the BB coach that year - Sutton, of course, later went to coach at Kentucky.

Heck, the county commissioners in the small Oklahoma County I was newspaper editor in 1977 all ended up going to the big house in a kick-back deal. Knew they were bad news when I was covering them because they'd never talk about anything but the weather when I attended their meetings. I felt bad that I didn't know what they were up to but I knew they were up to something. Funny thing is they were featured in the Newsweek article about the big state-wide kickback scandal in OK I want to say in 1980. They bought chemicals from guy and he gave 'em (and about 100 other county 'road' commissioners). But they really much worse than the Mayor there although that guy was slicker - don't think he ever got caught. (I did know his gimmick though).

Of course I did run across a few odd balls here like the first county-wide Republican elected in Paulding, our former Sheriff Perry Grogan. I do remember writing stories about video tapes, offers of bribes and missing cocaine that just as mysteriously re-appeared when the GBI came a-asking.

When you're in the news business, one thing you learn is to not go out of your way to piss off your sources. Sometimes you have to and other times you just work around those you don't particularly trust.

But as far as politicians and promises, there is another phrase you learn regarding politicians and rigid positions.

Ever heard of Emerson ... as in Ralph Waldo? He's the author of the statement, that consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds ... of course that is a phrase. The actual quote from Bartleby is:

Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803–1882) QUOTATION:

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.

Heck, you never know; there may be some other wild and crazy things coming down the pike but that will have to be another story for another day.

So Stradial ... I can only say this about truth ... it never comes neatly packaged, it is often maligned and misunderstood, no one has a corner on it and at best, truth is where you find it.

pubby

There is no secrecy, there was at most some semblence of confidentiality. There is no state law allowing official secrets (secrecy is a national security thing.) and provides confidentiality only for work in progress in specific areas including economic development. HIPPA records, school records and employment records.

To suggest that Todd has been exposing secrecy is ridiculous.

pubby

Hmmmm, someone needs to inform Mssr Webster

Webster:

se·cret

adjective \ˈsē-krət\

: kept hidden from others : known to only a few people

: keeping information hidden from others

se·cre·cy

noun \ˈsē-krə-sē\

: the act of keeping information secret

: the quality or state of being hidden or secret

• Like 1

Ever heard of Emerson ... as in Ralph Waldo? He's the author of the statement, that consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds ... of course that is a phrase. The actual quote from Bartleby is:

Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803–1882) QUOTATION:

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.

pubby

I got a book all about Waldo.

bb7f888a-2e5d-4585-b31c-857d686a0262_zps

Pubby,

Further, speaking of Emerson....you know, Ralph Waldo? I have been a huge fan and reader of his works since I was 16 when my American Lit teacher introduced me to his writing. I am not quite sure I understand your application of that quote in this thread, however, let's not forget the same man also said:

""The highest compact we can make with our fellow is, -- ‘Let there be truth between us two forever more.’ "" -Emerson

• Like 1

Hmmmm, someone needs to inform Mssr Webster

Webster:

se·cret

adjective \ˈsē-krət\

: kept hidden from others : known to only a few people

: keeping information hidden from others

se·cre·cy

noun \ˈsē-krə-sē\

: the act of keeping information secret

: the quality or state of being hidden or secret

Now Stradial:

We're dealing with semantics. I'm saying the state of Georgia has no laws providing for the technial classification of information as secret. Confidential and restricted information, yes, but secret, top secret etc. ... there is no such state classification regime that I'm aware of.

The underlying information in this case, however, does involve legally confidential information. This is legal and allowable under current state laws providing confidentiality in the recruitment of business and industry.

There was confidentiality in relation to the original meetings and briefings and the individuals on the various boards, in relation to that confidentiality, didn't go shout the victory from the top of Braswell Mountian. Guess what, they kept their confidence until the principal made his announcement in October.

That the remaining members of the commission, the entire IBA and AA didn't have confidence in Post 2 commissioner suggests they felt he may compromise their confidentiality. As I said above, I think their feeling was wrong, but it is a fact that there are no legal repercussions for a county commissioner breaking confidentiality of what goes on in executive session ... i.e. he can't go to jail for that. (I posted the opinion of the legal advisor to the Georgia Press Association that state laws stating the permissibility of confidentiality doesn't trump the first amendment rights of individual commissioners. Hence the concerns of the other commissioners.

Beyond that protection of confidentiality, which tells me there was unity on the issue amongst the majority of the commission, the other alleged failing was the act of Tom Cable in asking for a modification of the state law defining the powers of the IBA, which he represents. I made the statement then and I'll repeat it now. I feel he was just cutting through red tape and representing what he perceived as the best interests of the IBA when he contacted Rep. Maxwell.

While one could argue he over-stepped his authority, I think what he showed was initiative. That the commission didn't approve the resolution calling for the change, at least acknowledge that the commission had the opportunity to engineer a change and win their case because of his initiative.

Pubby,

You have yet to address the cold hard fact. You have, however, now called it 'Blake blowing Todd off' in addition to an 'understatement.'

Call it what it was, a lie.

Why would I be so impolitic? I suppose I might have used such a stark word had Todd characterized his comment that way but he didn't. Indeed, the FBO leases space at the terminal and obviously the statement seemed plausible to Todd then. It does contain a kernal of truth even now, as the lease of the terminal building is, as I understand it, the lease for the entire facility.

Oh, and Satellite... the consistency is the bugaboo of small minds quote has to do with the feality that some place on a political promise. Circumstances change. You have to change with the circumstances. One example would be the attitude that the US Supreme Court had toward homosexuality ... approving Georgia's law making sodomy a felony in the 1980s and overturning Texas law regarding the same practice in the early 2000s.

pubby

pubby

Now Stradial:

We're dealing with semantics. I'm saying the state of Georgia has no laws providing for the technial classification of information as secret. Confidential and restricted information, yes, but secret, top secret etc. ... there is no such state classification regime that I'm aware of.

The underlying information in this case, however, does involve legally confidential information. This is legal and allowable under current state laws providing confidentiality in the recruitment of business and industry.

There was confidentiality in relation to the original meetings and briefings and the individuals on the various boards, in relation to that confidentiality, didn't go shout the victory from the top of Braswell Mountian. Guess what, they kept their confidence until the principal made his announcement in October.

That the remaining members of the commission, the entire IBA and AA didn't have confidence in Post 2 commissioner suggests they felt he may compromise their confidentiality. As I said above, I think their feeling was wrong, but it is a fact that there are no legal repercussions for a county commissioner breaking confidentiality of what goes on in executive session ... i.e. he can't go to jail for that. (I posted the opinion of the legal advisor to the Georgia Press Association that state laws stating the permissibility of confidentiality doesn't trump the first amendment rights of individual commissioners. Hence the concerns of the other commissioners.

Beyond that protection of confidentiality, which tells me there was unity on the issue amongst the majority of the commission, the other alleged failing was the act of Tom Cable in asking for a modification of the state law defining the powers of the IBA, which he represents. I made the statement then and I'll repeat it now. I feel he was just cutting through red tape and representing what he perceived as the best interests of the IBA when he contacted Rep. Maxwell.

While one could argue he over-stepped his authority, I think what he showed was initiative. That the commission didn't approve the resolution calling for the change, at least acknowledge that the commission had the opportunity to engineer a change and win their case because of his initiative.

pubby

Pubby,

My second or third (depending on if mrnn is willing to play some golf this spring) favorite liberal.

(we all know my wife is my favorite liberal)

I have a quote for you.

It is from the movie The Outlaw Josie Wales, starring Clint Eastwood.

The quote is from the character, Fletcher, played by that great actor, John Vernon.

"Don't (wee wee) down my back and tell me it's raining."

Oh, here is another quote by a friend of mine, Glassdogs may recognize who says this a lot. (it's the reverend)

"Right is right and wrong is wrong."

stradial

MH, I think he has been very honest in discussing a legal process.

Our leaders are taking full advantage of the laws to accomplish what they believe is best for this community.

This being a predominately Republican community it may have been hard for the leadership to know ahead of time that folks would have problems with this.

This is the foundation of the party. You believe in electing officials that will do things your way by using the law to do so.

An elected Republican expects his constituents to allow him to rule them by the law of the land.

I have almost never seen a republican protest about the morality or fairness of a law.

As long as Republicans are making them it is assumed that these laws benefit the people. They often only benefit special interest, but that seems to be beside the point .

This is not a democratic way of doing things, they do not have to consider the protest of the majority of the citizens unless it is time for re-elections.

Manipulation of the law is how the game is played.

Pubby has been bluntly honest in how the law was used in this issue.

He demonstrates how anyone in these elected and appointed positions can accomplish their goals and the goals of special interest.

There is of course a solution to this that may be considered.

You have 2 organizations that are working independently within the laws that pertain specifically to them and their powers.

The only control elected officials have is to fund or not fund them, yet they are being held accountable for the things these organizations are legally doing.

We saw it demonstrated that these organizations can try to create laws giving them more power.

The only way elected officials can control these organizations is to dissolve them.

It would be a double edged sword in that they have done good things, but on the other hand not being able to control them is not fair to the taxpayer. We can ask our elected officials to disallow certain things but at the end of the day these 2 organizations can do as they please as long as it is within the law.

I am not even sure if these organizations legally have to inform our commissioners of what they are doing.

The only reason they know is because elected officials sit on the boards.

I assume when you are in the AA or IBA meeting you wear that hat. When they decide unanimously to keep something secret as part of that board you go along.

I am not making excuses for any of the things they did, I am simply pointing out that it is all legal.

Most of us aren't aware of the laws governing these boards until something like this happens.

It was very interesting that as much power as they have they tried to pass a law giving them even more power and our commissioners that we elected even less.

I am not sure that our commissioners are as much of a problem as these 2 independent boards are.

I can assure you there are more than 30 people that oppose the airport expansion. There are many, many more. I have talked to them myself. Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they aren't out there.

I have asked lots of people and the only ones that want the airport are the people involved with the

money in the county. Stand on the street and ask, or go door to door. The ones that I have asked

say no and hell no.

Now NJ you know that you given the choice between a Republican and a Democrat will always be of the opinion the Republican is the best candidate.

I am going to stand behind Pubby. I know that he values the truth above all things.

I also know that he believes that compromise is essential in politics.

He is also smart enough to work out a compromise.

Doing nothing with that airport because some people don't like the airport will not be an option as it should not be.

I can tell you that he would fight hard for a compromise out there that would certainly leave those severely impacted much better off than a commissioner that has been totally shut out. Pubby would do the necessary research to know exactly what they are entitled to.

He would fight for them and do his best to make the airport a success.

Those people are entitled to relocation and it may be that by simply commercializing that it may be imminent.

It would be the best for those folks out there.

If there is criteria that we are not meeting because of general aviation (number of flights, size of planes) these people will have to suffer and deal with the annoyance and we will be stuck with a failure.

I know Pubby he will do the research and ask the questions.

He has been the champion of many in this county over the years, it is not just enough to feel sympathy you have to do something and he will.

That is the very reason I would never vote for Pubby. He will do what the austins want even if it breaks the

county. I am opposed to doing anything with the airport more then a general avation airport, and am going to

do what I can to see someone get elected that is not attached to the Austins.

• Like 1

RH. Do you mean the people with the money that provide jobs for the people in this county?

The same people that carried this county through the recession when the home building collapsed and left thousands without jobs and in debt.

Yep those are really bad folks there. Maybe we should run them out of the county for daring to try and improve the local economy.

Well you need to ask those folks you are supporting what they intend to do to make general aviation work.

I am open to any and all ideas that will make the airport that I own a piece of successful.

Perhaps when they get their websites up they can explain in detail exactly how it is to be done.

I may even support them in the election if the ideas are sound and doable within the law.

Surely they understand the law and procedures enough to know how to accomplish it.

RH. Do you mean the people with the money that provide jobs for the people in this county?

The same people that carried this county through the recession when the home building collapsed and left thousands without jobs and in debt.

Yep those are really bad folks there. Maybe we should run them out of the county for daring to try and improve the local economy.

It was our money they wasted. If they hadn't been so into home building so they or their buddies could

make money that wouldn't have happened. There was commisioners that thought home building was

the best thing going, but that was because they either sold lumber or had friends that built houses.

Yes I hope to vote out everyone but Todd.

• Like 2

Just understand that when those bad business owners leave all the things folks love so much such as retail and restaurant goes with them.

You are over simplifying a very complex problem.

The bottom line is that some folks don't like the way the problem is being solved. That does not mean the solution is bad.

There are always multiple solutions to any problem.

Well you need to ask those folks you are supporting what they intend to do to make general aviation work.

I am open to any and all ideas that will make the airport that I own a piece of successful.

Perhaps when they get their websites up they can explain in detail exactly how it is to be done.

I may even support them in the election if the ideas are sound and doable within the law.

Surely they understand the law and procedures enough to know how to accomplish it.

If it can't make it as a general avation airport then it shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Let it ride as a general avation airport and see if it can make it, and if not let it die. Part of

the problem is people refuse to use it because it was forced on them. I know people

that park at the little fish creek airport even though they live in Paulding and that

is their reason. Spending more money is not going to help, just wate taxpayer money.

I don't know what to say about people that don't support their own county when they can.

This is our home, any and every effort should be made to support endeavors.

For every success their are millions of failures, you only have to look around to see that successful people are a minority.

I have never intentionally tried to make anyone fail. I sincerely want every effort to improve the economy here to meet with success.

Sometimes things have to change to reach success, that is a simple truth that we all personally now.

I hope that we never elect officials that want something as large as an airport project to fail.

Something is wrong in this community. I have never seen so much negativity and seen positive people insulted and degraded as I have here.

You have a minority struggling against the flow to do good things here.

• Like 1

I don't know what to say about people that don't support their own county when they can.

This is our home, any and every effort should be made to support endeavors.

For every success their are millions of failures, you only have to look around to see that successful people are a minority.

I have never intentionally tried to make anyone fail. I sincerely want every effort to improve the economy here to meet with success.

Sometimes things have to change to reach success, that is a simple truth that we all personally now.

I hope that we never elect officials that want something as large as an airport project to fail.

Something is wrong in this community. I have never seen so much negativity and seen positive people insulted and degraded as I have here.

You have a minority struggling against the flow to do good things here.

It doesn't have to fail as a general avation airport if there was someone to run it that knows

how. It wouldsd be good to support endeavors if they were with in reason, but so far

things like the airport and the movie studio should not have been done in the first palce.

Especially with out any planning. If you want to inprove the economy build something

that business want, like offices or warehouses.

• Like 1

How is the missing Malaysia plane like our airport controversy?

Outside of the fact that they both involve air travel.

Thailand military radar picked up the missing airliner shortly after all communication with other countries was lost.

But the Thailand authorities keep this information to themselves for over a week.

Why you ask?

Well, because no one asked them if they had tracked the plane.

" Just 30 minutes after the airplane’s communication with Malaysian air traffic controllers was cut off, the jet was picked up on Thai military radar, but Thai authorities never told investigators until this week — arguing that they were never asked about it."

What Thailand did was not illegal, it was perfectly legal.

But was it right?

Sound familiar?

• Like 1

How is the missing Malaysia plane like our airport controversy?

Outside of the fact that they both involve air travel.

Thailand military radar picked up the missing airliner shortly after all communication with other countries was lost.

But the Thailand authorities keep this information to themselves for over a week.

Why you ask?

Well, because no one asked them if they had tracked the plane.

" Just 30 minutes after the airplane’s communication with Malaysian air traffic controllers was cut off, the jet was picked up on Thai military radar, but Thai authorities never told investigators until this week — arguing that they were never asked about it."

What Thailand did was not illegal, it was perfectly legal.

But was it right?

Sound familiar?

Absolutely it was right. Consider if the plane was being used by the Chinese as a tool to probe Thailand's air defenses? Their readiness?

You know as well as I that if that this is the first real appearance of a hijacked airliner since 911... and the understanding that it was hijacked it the most under-reported angle of this news story I can see.

We all know that these aircraft, when hijacked, can be turned into a flying bomb capable of taking down a building. You do know that amongst the world's tallest buildings are Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur ... the origin of this flight.

There are national security concerns regarding this flight and the Thai's reaction to it that boggle the mind.

That the Thai authorities didn't spill their guts immediately is to me, understandable.

pubby

Does anyone have information on "Todd's" bio? How long has he been involved in local county politics? Where did he go to school? Voting record? ANYTHING?

I really have any of that.

I know he has been involved in helping others run campaigns in the past.

He is married with several children, he also does foster care for special needs children.

He is a real estate agent.

I know him to be a good guy, but that doesn't mean he would be someone you might wish to vote for.

(political views wise)

I am sending you a PM with some contact info for him, if you wish to use it.

Let me ask you this question "Tundra" how is it you can continue to publicly defend Todd Pownall when he never attended any of the Airport Authority meetings to know the deal had been completed back in Oct and Nov 2012? How is it you can defend him when he never attended the 2013 State of the County Address when it was announced there a deal was forthcoming?

You want to defend an inept elected official? And, I thought you wanted government integrity.

Let me ask you this question "Tundra" how is it you can continue to publicly defend Todd Pownall when he never attended any of the Airport Authority meetings to know the deal had been completed back in Oct and Nov 2012? How is it you can defend him when he never attended the 2013 State of the County Address when it was announced there a deal was forthcoming?

You want to defend an inept elected official? And, I thought you wanted government integrity.

Inept or entirely too trusting of his colleagues. Because someone asks a question that is answered in way they want to answer, doesn't make an honest man inept.

Edited by tundra

Todd was deliberately kept in the dark by David Austin. David implied on video that Todd couldn't be trusted. Well I'd trust Todd any day of the week over David Austin. David simply lied to us all by promising one thing, yet doing another.

Bottom line: Boot all of them out (except Todd).

• Like 2

Let me ask you this question "Tundra" how is it you can continue to publicly defend Todd Pownall when he never attended any of the Airport Authority meetings to know the deal had been completed back in Oct and Nov 2012? How is it you can defend him when he never attended the 2013 State of the County Address when it was announced there a deal was forthcoming?[/size]

[/size]

[/size]

You want to defend an inept elected official? And, I thought you wanted government integrity.[/size]

[/size]

You did not ask me but please allow me to respond to your questions.

I have attended EVERY PCAA, IBA and BOC meeting since I retired in early October. Todd and the mayor of Hiram are the only elected officials I have witnessed who have attended each meeting I have attended.

Once I retired and while searching for a hobby Todd welcomed me to attend these meetings. Todd took pride in his perfect attendance at these meetings since before becoming a Commissioner.

I have known Todd for many years and have known him to be very honest, open and transparent even before these terms were known to be a political attribute.

I have questioned Todd very boldly concerning the charges he knew about the contracts and agreements at the airport before they became public knowledge on October 4, 2013. Todd explained to me he did ask questions and the answers he received made perfect sense. The answers confirmed the items on agendas supported local fire service, General Avaition and Industrial / MRO expansions at the airport.

I have watched the video of the State of the County address many times and I personally can only see and assume reassurance we are finally entering into a contract to promote the already promised Industrual / MRI development at the airport.

I have watched the video of the PCAA vote many times and I personally can only see and assume we are connecting the Silver Comet Trail to the Airport.

On each video I cannot read in between the lines Commercial Air Service is explained in a code term that I should be able to disearn.

Todd has stood firm he supports Industrial expansion and job creation at the Airport and everywhere else in the county.

I welcome the opportunity to continue this discussion in person, in private, with Todd present or in any other venue.

Todd has proven to be an honest and trust worthy friend who loves Paulding County and I will continue to stand with him during and after this storm.

• Like 2