PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,631 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:57 PM

IBA amendment tabled 'until the next meeting'

updated with the full version

Post 2 Commissioner Todd Pownall pulled an email from IBA Attorney Tom Cable with a draft of legislation asking specifically that the IBA be provided specific authority to loan money to the Airport Authority and although Pownall admitted no one had seen the actual proposed amendment and the language of the county resolution differed dramatically, convinced other post commissioners to table the resolution put forth by Chairman David Austin.

The delay puts a crimp in plans to have the local legislation governing the IBA powers clarified by the General Assembly this year as deadlines like crossover day (March 3) loom.

But as Pownall points out, the actual language of the proposal remains vague as it has not yet been introduced. Indeed, there are three resolutions - the third which was to have been passed at last night meeting - all differ but seem only to call for the law to be interpreted to allow investments beyond a specific list of building types.

Pownall lost his first effort for lack of a second when he moved to reject the resolution.

Post 4 commissioner David Barnett moved to approve the motion which was seconded but when discussion began, he distributed the email from Cable obtained from an open records act request filed by K.V. Scoggins.

After a few moments of parliamentary confusion, Barnett withdrew his motion and instead moved that he wanted to move to table the measure until the next meeting of the commissioners.

With the commission not set to meet until March 11, if the Chairman wants to proceed with the measure he will have to call a special meeting before next Tuesday. The measure would then have to pass the house by the 10th to have a chance to be adopted before the General Assembly adjourns on the 20th.

Below is the work session including a newsworthy discussion of the issues at Richland Creek and the Reservoir project.

Click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS

#2 rockster

rockster

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:19 AM

Already watched the unedited version on Facebook

#3 ProudMawMawof5

ProudMawMawof5

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:39 AM

Already watched the unedited version on Facebook

Yep, I watched it to and I must say there seems to be a lot of underhanded things going on. Every tax payer in Paulding County should expect more from the leaders of our county.
  • mrshoward likes this

#4 mojo413

mojo413

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,812 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:28 AM

Wow... I sat in this meeting last night figuring stopping this action was a lost cause. I had come to my own realization the local political machine had steam rolled this action to the Gold Dome and there was nothing us little people could do to stop it.
I sat speechless as the tide turned. After the meeting was over I continued to sit there stunned.

I hope and pray each of our our appointed and elected officials will take a hard look at themselves and decide to commit themselves individually to live with their own personal example to be seen as walking a life that is "Open, Honest & Transparent".

This airport mess has been in motion since June or July 2012. I pray the tide has turned and our leadership will start moving towards healing this morning, which in turn will build a Paulding County we can all be proud of.

Edited by mojo413, 26 February 2014 - 05:30 AM.

• tundra likes this
Republican since Reagan
TRUMP 2020!!!
John Hyden
770-366-1552

#5 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,631 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:17 PM

Mojo:

I do figure Todd is feeling a bit better after last night as the wrench he threw into the mix may have made the IBA as obsolete as the language used to create it in 1962.

That, glory be, puts us one step closer to being the bedroom community he helped create back in the 2000s. Heck, it won't take much more and we'll have to pay extra taxes to buy our way out of the broken contract with Propeller. Why? Because it looks like he may be able to engineer the county being the one to vote to back out of the deal that is already signed and sealed.

Delta is ecstatic, I'm sure.

pubby

#6 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:31 PM

Mojo:

I do figure Todd is feeling a bit better after last night as the wrench he threw into the mix may have made the IBA as obsolete as the language used to create it in 1962.

That, glory be, puts us one step closer to being the bedroom community he helped create back in the 2000s. Heck, it won't take much more and we'll have to pay extra taxes to buy our way out of the broken contract with Propeller. Why? Because it looks like he may be able to engineer the county being the one to vote to back out of the deal that is already signed and sealed.

pubby

You know, when I signed the purchase agreement for my house, I had contingency clauses in it for financing and all the other items that were not settled yet.

I would have hoped that our elected official were bright enough to do the same when signing a contract based on approvals that had not been received yet and financing that had not been signed sealed and delivered. But it appears they were idiots.

Every time we re-elect *anybody* in this county, they are absorbed into the "To hell with the law, I want it!" team.

I think I really will vote against every single incumbent on the ballot next election. :(

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#7 radiohead

radiohead

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:39 PM

Mojo:

pubby

So are the rest of us. DO AWAY WITH THE IBA.
  • NewsJunky likes this

ibatext.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cqQrqCbTHZ2l

#8 tundra

tundra

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:45 PM

I think with Paulding Economic Development and since the Chamber gets so much tax money, we will be fine if the IBA was shut down. It's not as though we don't have other economic engines. Three different entities and still not ONE tenant at the industrial park in our General Aviation airport. Face it, in 50+ years the IBA hasn't brought much industry here. Gosh though, it will be one less paycheck for Blake Swafford.

Why does anyone believe you can make a successful commercial airport out of a failed General Aviation airport? Keep in mind, the people we have contracted with haven't spent any of their money on this expansion and just recently hired someone with experience in Airport Management. Now unless he intends on spending a good bit of his time out here in Paulding County, we still don't have experience to run the show.

Edited by tundra, 26 February 2014 - 02:48 PM.

• mrshoward likes this

Bring on the jobs, bring on the business leave the commercial flights at Hartsfield.

I OPPOSE COMMERCIAL AIR SERVICE. Protect Paulding County 

#9 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,533 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:59 PM

<br />Mojo: <br /><br />I do figure Todd is feeling a bit better after last night as the wrench he threw into the mix may have made the IBA as obsolete as the language used to create it in 1962. <br /><br />That, glory be, puts us one step closer to being the bedroom community he helped create back in the 2000s.  Heck, it won't take much more and we'll have to pay extra taxes to buy our way out of the broken contract with Propeller.  Why? Because it looks like he may be able to engineer the county being the one to vote to back out of the deal that is already signed and sealed.<br /><br />Delta is ecstatic, I'm sure. <br /><br />pubby<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Pubby
I seem to recall Brett Smith stating Propeller would fund the runway and taxiway work if it was going to be a problem, so I don't see the need for the defeatist attitude.

They, meaning Propeller and PCAA still have shown the public nothing in the way of the business plan which in their mind justifies the taxpayers anteing up another $40Million towards the airport. That might go a long way towards easing some minds.

But, all the PCAA has shown us to date is the inane ability to be able to piss away MILLIONS and not even be able to show us where the money went. That fiscal irresponsibility, coupled with OUR BoC's love for paying MILLIONS to lawyers does NOT lend a warm and fuzzy feeling to giving the IBA a book full of Blank Checks to write however they want.
When you think they are ganging up against you....."Illigitimus non es carborundum"

#10 lQQking4thetruth

lQQking4thetruth

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

Todd doing what he does best taking a "first draft" of a document and stirring up things when he knew good and well that was not the final document that was going to be filed. I cannot wait for everyone to see who Todd really is behind all his "I care about the citizens of this county act." Todd went against Jerry Shearin and supported David. Now he is going do anything he can against David because he will run for commission chairman and he needs this so that he has supporters. Write it down. I cannot believe how capable he is of fooling people. Reminds me of the snake in the garden of Eden.
  • Beach Bum likes this

#11 tundra

tundra

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:46 PM

Todd doing what he does best taking a "first draft" of a document and stirring up things when he knew good and well that was not the final document that was going to be filed. I cannot wait for everyone to see who Todd really is behind all his "I care about the citizens of this county act." Todd went against Jerry Shearin and supported David. Now he is going do anything he can against David because he will run for commission chairman and he needs this so that he has supporters. Write it down. I cannot believe how capable he is of fooling people. Reminds me of the snake in the garden of Eden.

Everyone knows it was a draft, in fact is says that. He could have run against Jerry Shearin instead of a post commission and he did not support David in his last election. Maybe that's why David really left him out of the loop.

The fact was everyone was being told there was nothing that existed, not even a draft on 2/14/14 and at the work session on 2/25/14. Just because some people aren't transparent doesn't mean everyone is like that.

Until these documents were produced no one knew anything, NO ONE! (or so they said) A big thank you again to the citizen the used the FOIA to get to the truth.

Edited by tundra, 28 February 2014 - 04:08 PM.

• mojo413 likes this

Bring on the jobs, bring on the business leave the commercial flights at Hartsfield.

#12 WHITEY

WHITEY

Super Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:56 PM

That by no means was a first draft as you allude to, It was in fact the draft sent to Howard Maxwell completely ready to be dropped into the hopper. Of course it has not been dropped yet because the Board of Commissioners has not voted to support any change in local legislation.
True it is not necessary to have the support of the commissioners but it sure makes things move along a lot better, Most politicians have a fear of primary opposition since it always comes from their own party affiliation, and they tend to be a little reluctant to rock the boat at election time.
I do find Todd Pownall to be the most open honest and transparent Commissioner on the board.

Have you seen the document??? Pubby will you post it?
  • mojo413 likes this
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has Margaret Mead

I oppose the airport expansion

http://www.savepauldingco.com/blog/

"And believe you me, if there was going to be airliners I would not be a part of this, never ever would I be a part of this"

#13 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,533 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:24 PM

I am awaiting the Judge's ruling on the case concerning this NEW legislation.

I am of course assuming the Judge is aware of what has transpired, with our sitting politicians attempting to re-write the laws which dictate what the IBA can, and cannot do, in the middle of a court case.

Does not seem to me to be a way to get on that Judge's good side.

Our sitting Board of Commissioners have shown themselves to be an arrogant bunch of political WANNABEES from not long after they settled into their respective seats.

Aloof ? Yes. Condescending ? Yes.

Immoral ? They are indeed borderline.

Ethical ? Oh Hell No! Even though they reaffirm that they are annually.

Now twice since this airport fiasco started last fall, Mr Austin has blatantly sat in his seat lying. And no Pubby, there is no "Wiggle Room". He either knew about the request for the legislation, who was asking for it, what it said, etc......or he didn't, as he stated. But in that case where did the emails come from ?

But then we have watched this up close and personal with our litigation since shortly after he took office. He is far, far less than honest, and to date, he and his predecessor have pissed away over $1.5MILLION DOLLARS to keep our case OUT of the courtroom, all the while talking about doing the right thing.
  • mrshoward likes this
When you think they are ganging up against you....."Illigitimus non es carborundum"

#14 tundra

tundra

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:38 PM

<br />I am awaiting the Judge's ruling on the case concerning this NEW legislation.<br /><br />I am of course assuming the Judge is aware of what has transpired, with our sitting politicians attempting to re-write the laws which dictate what the IBA can, and cannot do, in the middle of a court case.<br /><br />Does not seem to me to be a way to get on that Judge's good side.<br /><br />Our sitting Board of Commissioners have shown themselves to be an arrogant bunch of political WANNABEES from not long after they settled into their respective seats.<br /><br />Aloof ? Yes. Condescending ? Yes.  <br /><br />Immoral ? They are indeed borderline.<br /><br />Ethical ? Oh Hell No! Even though they reaffirm that they are annually. <br /><br /><br />Now twice since this airport fiasco started last fall, Mr Austin has blatantly sat in his seat lying. And no Pubby, there is no &quot;Wiggle Room&quot;.  He either knew about the request for the legislation, who was asking for it, what it said, etc......or he didn't, as he stated.  But in that case where did the emails come from ?  <br /><br />But then we have watched this up close and personal with our litigation since shortly after he took office. He is far, far less than honest, and to date, he and his predecessor have pissed away over $1.5MILLION DOLLARS to keep our case OUT of the courtroom, all the while talking about doing the right thing.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

The big question may well be, who do they think they are doing the "right thing" for?

#15 WHITEY

WHITEY

Super Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:55 PM

I am awaiting the Judge's ruling on the case concerning this NEW legislation.

I am of course assuming the Judge is aware of what has transpired, with our sitting politicians attempting to re-write the laws which dictate what the IBA can, and cannot do, in the middle of a court case.

Does not seem to me to be a way to get on that Judge's good side.

Our sitting Board of Commissioners have shown themselves to be an arrogant bunch of political WANNABEES from not long after they settled into their respective seats.

Aloof ? Yes. Condescending ? Yes.

Immoral ? They are indeed borderline.

Ethical ? Oh Hell No! Even though they reaffirm that they are annually.

Now twice since this airport fiasco started last fall, Mr Austin has blatantly sat in his seat lying. And no Pubby, there is no "Wiggle Room". He either knew about the request for the legislation, who was asking for it, what it said, etc......or he didn't, as he stated. But in that case where did the emails come from ?

But then we have watched this up close and personal with our litigation since shortly after he took office. He is far, far less than honest, and to date, he and his predecessor have pissed away over $1.5MILLION DOLLARS to keep our case OUT of the courtroom, all the while talking about doing the right thing.

Trust me Surepip he knew.

The commissioners knew they had been deceived by him also.

What other reason would they change there minds in the middle of discussing a MOTION , Withdraw the original motion and then vote to table the resolution.

Now you do have to give David some credit though he still voted to carry through the deceptive tactics.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has Margaret Mead

"And believe you me, if there was going to be airliners I would not be a part of this, never ever would I be a part of this"

#16 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,631 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

Have you seen the document??? Pubby will you post it?

I'll make a deal with you; if you will stop calling it the final draft and recognize that it was subject to modification - even extensive modification - I'll post it :)

Aw heck, I'll post it anyway ... in the tonk with the other airport documents.

pubby

#17 ProudMawMawof5

ProudMawMawof5

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:56 PM

How do I view the tonk?

#18 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,405 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:30 PM

How do I view the tonk?

Go to FORUMS, select HONKY TONK and enter the password YUK.......but I think you have to be a paying member.

Here's the link

http://paulding.com/...the-honky-tonk/

#19 ProudMawMawof5

ProudMawMawof5

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:41 PM

Go to FORUMS, select HONKY TONK and enter the password YUK.......but I think you have to be a paying member.

Here's the link

http://paulding.com/...the-honky-tonk/

Thanks, I did that. It would 't let me view anything. Guess that is why Pubby posted the airport documents there, so everyone couldn't see them.

#20 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,405 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:13 PM

He probably posted it there to try to get more paying memebers who use this community web site. I don't blame him. $20 a year is cheap for valuable information that you don't have to go to the trouble looking up.

#21 mojo413

mojo413

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,812 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:13 AM

I'll make a deal with you; if you will stop calling it the final draft and recognize that it was subject to modification - even extensive modification - I'll post it :)

Aw heck, I'll post it anyway ... in the tonk with the other airport documents.

pubby

I have run up on Mr. Maxwell a few times over the years and always respected him.

I am disappointed with him this time.

It seems to me the appropriate thing for him to have done this time would have replied back "Considering the suits you are involved in, my intervention would be improper at this time".

I am not a lawyer but it seems to me if our county attorneys intend to have any of the suits classified as "Frivilous", their recent actions will provide evidence they do not consider the actions "Frivilous".

All said... Where I have had extreme respect for Mr. Maxwell, I am starting to have concerns he is being directed by his biggest contributors more than he is listening to his constituents.
Republican since Reagan
TRUMP 2020!!!
John Hyden
770-366-1552

#22 WHITEY

WHITEY

Super Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:01 AM

I have run up on Mr. Maxwell a few times over the years and always respected him.

It seems to me the appropriate thing for him to have done this time would have replied back "Considering the suits you are involved in, my intervention would be improper at this time".

I am not a lawyer but it seems to me if our county attorneys intend to have any of the suits classified as "Frivilous", their recent actions will provide evidence they do not consider the actions "Frivilous".

All said... Where I have had extreme respect for Mr. Maxwell, I am starting to have concerns he is being directed by his biggest contributors more than he is listening to his constituents.

I am more concerned about who had the counsel submit this to Howard Maxwell, Was he duped into thinking the Commissioners would pass a resolution this strong.

#23 radiohead

radiohead

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:39 AM

He has lost my vote. I have voted for him for years, but no more.

#24 pcfanatic

pcfanatic

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:25 AM

<br />He has lost my vote.  I have voted for him for years, but no more.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Mine too. And especially after the boneheaded move that he and the other Paulding County Reprentatives took to poke Delta in the eye with a sharp stick. What do they think it would accomplish, just piss Delta off a little more at Paulding County? Maxwell and the other reprentatives knew full well their bill to remove Delta's tax break would not go anywhere, why did they wait so late to file it. They were just putting on a show for the voters of Paulding County. But I think they are on the wrong side, there are more people in Paulding that support Delta than there are people against Delta. Delta is a significant driver of the economy of Paulding Copunty. I hope Maxwell and the other reps pay the price on election day. Pubby and Maxwell complain about Delta's tax break, but they were all for the $12 million plus tax break the Paulding leaders gave to Interoll. But Delta doesn't fit Maxwell's political agenda. These people are so transparent it is absurd.

#25 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,524 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:19 PM

<br />&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br />Mine too.  And especially after the boneheaded move that he and the other Paulding County Reprentatives took to poke Delta in the eye with a sharp stick.  What do they think it would accomplish, just piss Delta off a little more at Paulding County?  Maxwell and the other reprentatives knew full well their bill to remove Delta's tax break would not go anywhere, why did they wait so late to file it.  They were just putting on a show for the voters of Paulding County.  But I think they are on the wrong side, there are more people in Paulding that support Delta than there are people against Delta.  Delta is a significant driver of the economy of Paulding Copunty. I hope Maxwell and the other reps pay the price on election day.  Pubby and Maxwell complain about Delta's tax break,  but they were all for the $12 million plus tax break the Paulding leaders gave to Interoll.  But Delta doesn't fit Maxwell's political agenda.  These people are so transparent it is absurd.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

So who are you going to give your vote to if no one runs against him?

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” ~~George Orwell

There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.........

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."~~ Edward R. Murrow   

#26 radiohead

radiohead

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:17 PM

<br /><br /><br />

So who are you going to give your vote to if no one runs against him?

The need a non of the above.

#27 Gone

Gone

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

<br />&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br />So who are you going to give your vote to if no one runs against him?<br />

<br /><br /><br />

John Galt

#28 crossroads

crossroads

Icon

• +Unstoppable Woman
  • 4,742 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

<br />&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br />So who are you going to give your vote to if no one runs against him?<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Thinking of hat makes my blood run cold. Has anyone heard of any prospects?

Commercialization supporters are not informed. See Stop paulding County Airport of Face Book for the real news.

From Rockysmom intended for me.

"That insult was towards a person that I know for a fact to do things like drive bys at people's house's that they they have disagreed with.

To me hat is bat cheese crazy. Sorry if you don't see my point".

#29 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,631 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:47 PM

You have your understanding of government backwards, Mojo.

The laws in this land are written by the legislature, not the courts.

<br /><br /><br />

Mine too. And especially after the boneheaded move that he and the other Paulding County Reprentatives took to poke Delta in the eye with a sharp stick. What do they think it would accomplish, just piss Delta off a little more at Paulding County? Maxwell and the other reprentatives knew full well their bill to remove Delta's tax break would not go anywhere, why did they wait so late to file it. They were just putting on a show for the voters of Paulding County. But I think they are on the wrong side, there are more people in Paulding that support Delta than there are people against Delta. Delta is a significant driver of the economy of Paulding Copunty. I hope Maxwell and the other reps pay the price on election day. Pubby and Maxwell complain about Delta's tax break, but they were all for the $12 million plus tax break the Paulding leaders gave to Interoll. But Delta doesn't fit Maxwell's political agenda. These people are so transparent it is absurd.

Delta was given tax relief for the fuel to help them during a bad time in the airline industry (2007) as a temporary measure.

Delta banked the highest profits of any airline in history Maxwell said - $2.7 billion (with a B) - and the tax break doesn't apply to other airlines serving the state. Since 2007 they've not only declared bankruptcy - one act of humiliation the legislature was trying to save them from - but they've cut service to tons of smaller commercial airports including several in Georgia in the nation by removing 200 regional jets from their fleet, instituted tons of additional fees and sought to maintain their near monopoly position to maximize their profits.

I'd make more money too if the state gave me a special tax break on fuel; you would too but when does temporary turn in to an established forever subsidy?

One rule about congress (and legislatures) is that what Congress gives, Congress can take away.

That tax subsidy has run its course; they're the most profitable airline ever; they curtailed their services to the community and its time for that bit of corporate welfare to go away.

pubby

#30 tundra

tundra

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

Now let's see, if I wanted to be favored and admired by my constituents and peers, I don't think I'd go after the single most revenue producing company in the state.  That profitable airline pays the salaries of 800+ people in Paulding County.  Do you honestly believe this airport is going to give those 800+ people jobs with the same pay and benefits as Delta?  

Those other 25,000 employees across the state might not like local legislators giving the middle finger to the largest economic engine in Georgia.   I think I'm beginning to understand why Southern people are sometimes referred to as not so smart.  Bone head moves like this don't make them look too intelligent.

Edited by tundra, 02 March 2014 - 01:57 PM.

#31 Nice Green

Nice Green

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:47 PM

<br />Now let's see, if I wanted to be favored and admired by my constituents and peers, I don't think I'd go after the single most revenue producing company in the state.  That profitable airline pays the salaries of 800+ people in Paulding County.  Do you honestly believe this airport is going to give those 800+ people jobs with the same pay and benefits as Delta?  <br /><br />Those other 25,000 employees across the state might not like local legislators giving the middle finger to the largest economic engine in Georgia.   I think I'm beginning to understand why Southern people are sometimes referred to as not so smart.  Bone head moves like this don't make them look too intelligent.<br />

And how does that revenue benefit Paulding County any more than any other county in the state? Is Delta based in Paulding County and no one's told us?

And it's great that Delta employs 800+ in Paulding. Putting commercial flights in Paulding doesn't have to change that. Putting flights in Paulding doesn't have to take away what Paulding does - it can very well create a new market for flights that Delta doesn't offer.

And last time I checked, the legislature doesn't serve (or shouldn't serve) at the whim of corporations. I'm sorry if Delta wouldn't like a tax subsidy to go away, but having that advantage doesn't help other businesses or potential businesses out there.

#32 tundra

tundra

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:49 PM

<br />And how does that revenue benefit Paulding County any more than any other county in the state? Is Delta based in Paulding County and no one's told us?<br /><br />And it's great that Delta employs 800+ in Paulding. Putting commercial flights in Paulding doesn't have to change that. Putting flights in Paulding doesn't have to take away what Paulding does - it can very well create a new market for flights that Delta doesn't offer. <br /><br />And last time I checked, the legislature doesn't serve (or shouldn't serve) at the whim of corporations. I'm sorry if Delta wouldn't like a tax subsidy to go away, but having that advantage doesn't help other businesses or potential businesses out there.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

.<----- point, miss, reload.

#33 Nice Green

Nice Green

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

<br />&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br />Mine too.  And especially after the boneheaded move that he and the other Paulding County Reprentatives took to poke Delta in the eye with a sharp stick.  What do they think it would accomplish, just piss Delta off a little more at Paulding County?  Maxwell and the other reprentatives knew full well their bill to remove Delta's tax break would not go anywhere, why did they wait so late to file it.  They were just putting on a show for the voters of Paulding County.  But I think they are on the wrong side, there are more people in Paulding that support Delta than there are people against Delta.  Delta is a significant driver of the economy of Paulding Copunty. I hope Maxwell and the other reps pay the price on election day.  Pubby and Maxwell complain about Delta's tax break,  but they were all for the $12 million plus tax break the Paulding leaders gave to Interoll.  But Delta doesn't fit Maxwell's political agenda.  These people are so transparent it is absurd.<br />

The difference is Interoll came to Paulding County while Delta isn't here.

#34 Nice Green

Nice Green

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:56 PM

<br />&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br />.&lt;----- point, miss, reload.<br />

So do you care to explain or is your feeble attempt at an insult the only response you have?

#35 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,631 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:58 PM

Now let's see, if I wanted to be favored and admired by my constituents and peers, I don't think I'd go after the single most revenue producing company in the state.  That profitable airline pays the salaries of 800+ people in Paulding County.  Do you honestly believe this airport is going to give those 800+ people jobs with the same pay and benefits as Delta?  

Those other 25,000 employees across the state might not like local legislators giving the middle finger to the largest economic engine in Georgia.   I think I'm beginning to understand why Southern people are sometimes referred to as not so smart.  Bone head moves like this don't make them look too intelligent.

I guess, by that measure, we ought to eliminate all taxes on Delta, Georgia Power ... heck, all the big corporations because... well corporations are people and they need to send their profits to their stockholders in Sweden, China, Switzerland and New York. I can tell your priorities.

pubby

#36 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,533 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:00 PM

<br />Thanks, I did that. It would 't let me view anything. Guess that is why Pubby posted the airport documents there, so everyone couldn't see them.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Whoa now. Even though we might scrap, fight, and disagree with each other, Pubby does pay what it takes to keep Paulding.com up and running, including the costs to have the capacity available to post the documents so they can be available to paying members.

You don't HAVE to pay to read and post on p.com. You can free load and enjoy most of the benefits of the site.

I really cannot understand you COMPLAINING that you can't view them, and that Pubby is preventing you from seeing them.

Come of the hip with a membership and view all you want.

#37 tundra

tundra

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:00 PM

&lt;br /&gt;So do you care to explain or is your feeble attempt at an insult the only response you have?&lt;br /&gt;

I see Pubby missed it, too.  Let me type it slower so you both can understand:  if I wanted to be favored and admired by my constituents and peers, I don't think I'd go after the single most revenue producing company in the state.

This isn't just about Paulding County anymore now.

Edited by tundra, 02 March 2014 - 03:02 PM.

• NewsJunky likes this

#38 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,533 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:06 PM

<br /><br /><br />

When you have the opportunity, please provide the details of the $12Million tax break Paulding give to Interroll. I am somewhat familiar with the incentives and financing, but do not know where you obtained the $12Million figure.

#39 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,631 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:06 PM

I see Pubby missed it, too.  Let me type it slower so you both can understand:  if I wanted to be favored and admired by my constituents and peers, I don't think I'd go after the single most revenue producing company in the state.

This isn't just about Paulding County anymore now.

A major admission on your part ... but your error Tundra is that it ever was about Paulding County and its teeny little airport.

pubby

#40 satellite

satellite

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,603 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:16 PM

<br /><br /><br />

Whoa now. Even though we might scrap, fight, and disagree with each other, Pubby does pay what it takes to keep Paulding.com up and running, including the costs to have the capacity available to post the documents so they can be available to paying members.

You don't HAVE to pay to read and post on p.com. You can free load and enjoy most of the benefits of the site.

I really cannot understand you COMPLAINING that you can't view them, and that Pubby is preventing you from seeing them.

Come of the hip with a membership and view all you want.

I might agree with you if Pubby had put in the actual work and paid the associated costs to obtain the documents. Fact is, it doesn't fit his current agenda and by keeping the airport documents in those areas he knows they will not be indexed by google and other web crawlers. Thus, the documents will mostly stay out of sight and out of mind. Plus, it gives him something to heckle and taunt WHITEY with.

With that being said, I don't necessarily feel one way or the other about any of the airport stuff. However, I think certain documents obtained via FOIA requests are germane and in the end--we all have a right to see them whether they are significant or not. To me, it is just a matter of principle.

Lastly, I would expect if his intentions were genuine, the docs would be posted somewhere with a password other than 'YUK.'
  • SOLO and tundra like this

Gangsta rap made me do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics