Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
The Texture

Considered Being a Foster Parent?

Have any of you ever considered being a foster parent? With so many headlines in the news about DFCS mishandling of cases, it's easy to overlook how many of these kids, while they should for their own sake, be put in homes with caring families while their own parents get themselves straightened out that there are not enough places for them to go. I'm not talking about adoption here, though that's certainly an option, but rather being a safe haven for a baby, a child, or a teen that needs a safe and stable environment by people who are responsible and caring. How many of you saw the news stories and thought "That kid should have been removed from those people then this would never have happened!" Well what if I told you that DFCS often contacts child placing agencies to see if they have a foster family able to take them in and all signs say "Sorry were full" and there are no other places for them to go? If this is something you would be willing to consider please PM me and I can give you some information on the subject. It isn't an easy job, but being a foster parent may just save the life of a child, and get them on the right path!

Become a C.A.S.A. volunteer first.....

I've been thinking about becoming a volunteer. Could you please give some info on what it entails and also, did you enjoy it? Thank you.

I've thought about it. And, the reality is that I invest too much of myself into each kid in my life to be able to emotionally survive the kid leaving. It tears me to pieces when a kid leaves my troop, when a kid leaves my kids' teams, when a kid moves out of the neighborhood. I'm still missing a young man that was in foster care in our neighborhood almost 4 years ago that was moved to a different family. I often wonder how he's doing.It's not an easy job. Rewarding - but just not for me.

• Like 1

I've been thinking about becoming a volunteer. Could you please give some info on what it entails and also, did you enjoy it? Thank you.

I love it. I've been off for almost a year now because of working out of town so much so I haven't done much since. If I'm in town more soon I will continue.

You are the voice of the CHILD. You do what is best for the child and his/her needs. In Paulding County the judge listens to the CASA volunteer and what they see. She actually respects the volunteers. Plenty of training and seminars for you to attend. I would highly recommend this if you want to volunteer your time. Please know it does take TIME...and can take lots of time.

Call the local CASA and talk to them and ask them questions! Great ladies and ask for Debbie Bickers. 770-505-0065

I love it. I've been off for almost a year now because of working out of town so much so I haven't done much since. If I'm in town more soon I will continue.

You are the voice of the CHILD. You do what is best for the child and his/her needs. In Paulding County the judge listens to the CASA volunteer and what they see. She actually respects the volunteers. Plenty of training and seminars for you to attend. I would highly recommend this if you want to volunteer your time. Please know it does take TIME...and can take lots of time.

Call the local CASA and talk to them and ask them questions! Great ladies and ask for Debbie Bickers. 770-505-0065

Thanks so much for the info.

My daughter and son-in-law have been foster parents for several years and love it.They have adopted one and fixing to adopt another.Them and their kids love everyone of them.They take them on outings and to church every sunday.The little boy they adopted can't hear nothing.They even get some of the ones they use to foster on the weekends.They make wonderful foster parents.When they go back home they miss them like crazy but they are still able to hear from most of them.They truly had a calling for this because they show them lots of love and we do too.

I've thought about it. And, the reality is that I invest too much of myself into each kid in my life to be able to emotionally survive the kid leaving. It tears me to pieces when a kid leaves my troop, when a kid leaves my kids' teams, when a kid moves out of the neighborhood. I'm still missing a young man that was in foster care in our neighborhood almost 4 years ago that was moved to a different family. I often wonder how he's doing.It's not an easy job. Rewarding - but just not for me.

What she said. I'd be a mess with a kid leaving for a good home. I can't imagine my insanity if they were sending a kid back to a bad environment.

What she said. I'd be a mess with a kid leaving for a good home. I can't imagine my insanity if they were sending a kid back to a bad environment.

As a former foster child I, know how important it is for ppl wanting to foster teens. I wish more were around when I was a foster child. You know the ppl that WANT to do it for the CHILDREN! :-)

As a former foster child I, know how important it is for ppl wanting to foster teens. I wish more were around when I was a foster child. You know the ppl that WANT to do it for the CHILDREN! :-)

Oh, my heart hurts for you. I think I would do much better with teens than small children because at least they know what's going on.

I do know whereof I speak because my parents were foster parents for several years and both my wonderful siblings are adopted. My parents were fantastic at it. I'm just not sure I'd survive.

Please allow me to give you a hug. :hugeembarrassingglylonghug: God bless you.

• Like 2

My husband and I started the process late last year. Can't wait - these children NEED loving parents.

Just so you know, you CAN foster even if you both work. There is reimbursement for child care and these children NEED you. If you can open your hearts and homes, you have the ability to change a life!

• Like 1

We fostered for many years in Paulding. (we would still be fostering but our home is full by GA state regulations) We have 4 children in our home we adopted! Plus our bio children. It is so rewarding, but of course heartbreaking at times. It was hard to say goodbye. I hear so many people that say I could never do that because of the kids having to leave... What would they do with the kids that needed a home if everyone felt that way? I believe we touched a lot of kids and gave them a new look at a different kind of life! Fostering is not easy all the time... but so worth the effort to make it work for the kids best interest! (any type of parenting isn't easy all the time)

Paulding needs lots of good foster homes!

• Like 4

<br />We fostered for many years in Paulding.  (we would still be fostering but our home is full by GA state regulations) We have 4 children in our home we adopted! Plus our bio children.  It is so rewarding, but of course heartbreaking at times. It was hard to say goodbye. I hear so many people that say I could never do that because of the kids having to leave... What would they do with the kids that needed a home if everyone felt that way?  I believe we touched a lot of kids and gave them a new look at a different kind of life!  Fostering is not easy all the time... but so worth the effort to make it work for the kids best interest! (any type of parenting isn't easy all the time) <br /><br />Paulding needs lots of good foster homes!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Yes we do! Please, if you have room in your home and you want to do right by the kids who need a place to go when being in their parents home is the worst thing for them, please hit me up and I can answer any questions about foster parenting you may have.