Paulding.com

Community Meeting rescheduled

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow.   Collusion, seriously.   You know, I really wanted this airport thing to work, but not like this.   What they have done is wrong on so many levels.   Regardless if you were for it or aga

Your right but video tapes and paper trails don't lie. Does it upset you to know that Blake gets paid two checks from our county? It does me, considering our police officers are here to protect us an

Due to weather conditions this meeting had to be rescheduled. Here's the new info for the meeting sponsored by Citizens for a Better Paulding County. This is the same group that hosted a community m

Again I do not understand the demand for it be an event to host both sides. Why does the Pro- Airport side not host their own event? Why do they (you) need the Anti- Airport group to agree to anything??? Back in October I made a statement here on Pcom stating my disbelief at the non-public Pro information stance "Young lady don't worry your pretty head. We will tell you what we want you to know, when we want you to know it". Again I look forward to being afforded the opportunity to learn Pro- Airport benefits.

Yesterday morning I started respectfully trying to dispute some of the data I gained at the community meeting. First Pro- Airport response I got back is to summarized something to the effect of "Here is a link, however the questions you ask are not addressed in this link" (this response was from an employee, not an elected official). My gut feeling is the responder is too busy to really dig into my questions. I feel a well prepared Pro- Airport presentation will be well received. I look forward to being afforded the opportunity to hear Pro- Airport data so I can take it home and research it.

My Commissioner David Carmichael has offered and we will be meeting to discuss each bullet point on the Community Meeting handout. I expect this discussion will take several sessions. You are welcome to join us.

WOW mojo 413 what a great idea, just think the pro airport crowd can set up a meeting of their own and discuss among their supporters the many benefits of having a Commercial airport. Wonder when they will do this?

WOW mojo 413 what a great idea, just think the pro airport crowd can set up a meeting of their own and discuss among their supporters the many benefits of having a Commercial airport. Wonder when they will do this?

I'm excited. I'll abide by their dress code. I'll honor their rules as too citizens wishing to speak. I'll submit a card with a question if given an opportunity. I'm look forward to visiting with my Pro- Airport friends.

And I really hope they will have donuts and coffee. I think the absence of snacks was the biggest disappointment Thursday night.

Hey Concerned Pldg. Resident

You failed to respond to this post... What you got against Carolyn??

What problem do you have with Carolyn she is part of the dynamic trio that intends to bring 2,000 to 3,000 jobs to Paulding... How do I know this....well I read it in the paper you know the full page ad along with the Board of Directors of the chamber who supported the commercialization of the airport. Yea Blake, Jamie And Carolyn the dynamic creator of aero space jobs.... And what have they done.... A secretary job and a FBO operator wow and what kind of salaries??? I am guessing close to or over $400,000 for the three of them. What a bargain.

I'm excited. I'll abide by their dress code. I'll honor their rules as too citizens wishing to speak. I'll submit a card with a question if given an opportunity. I'm look forward to visiting with my Pro- Airport friends.

And I really hope they will have donuts and coffee. I think the absence of snacks was the biggest disappointment Thursday night.

I wonder if they will have a opening shot like our group had, It really quieted the crowd when that 737 came flying through the auditorium, And really gave the crowd a reality check of things to come if 737's are ever allowed to come zooming in over Hiram and Yorkville.

Heck I pass on the donuts if they will just keep Pubby and Concerned PLDG. Resident off the stage.

• Like 1

What problem do you have with Carolyn she is part of the dynamic trio that intends to bring 2,000 to 3,000 jobs to Paulding... How do I know this....well I read it in the paper you know the full page ad along with the Board of Directors of the chamber who supported the commercialization of the airport. Yea Blake, Jamie And Carolyn the dynamic creator of aero space jobs.... And what have they done.... A secretary job and a FBO operator wow and what kind of salaries??? I am guessing close to or over $400,000 for the three of them. What a bargain.

You like to reference the Austin Bros. "running the county" BUT if you really want to see an egotistical Power grab just look at the Chamber...Carolyn, Shelbia and a handful think the Chamber is their own private company. THey fail to grasp that the Chamber is an extension of the ENTIRE business community in the county, it is not just for them, and a few major players such as Greystone and the banks.

We have a Chamber that has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for small to medium business in Paulding County...Oh they will take your annual renewal money year after year and give you a sticker to put on your business door but past that NOTHING! It provides a way for the Chamber staff to go to Washington, and MANY other sites EVEN CHINA!, but nothing else! The Chamber membership has remained stagnant now for years and in spite of their inflated membership numbers has less than 600 actual paying members!

Look next door at either the Douglas or Cobb Chambers and you will see how Chambers SHOULD function...literally DAILY I get invitations, request, etc. for events they are HOSTING promoting business in their respective counties. They hold Expo's, after hour events, training sessions, new member welcome breakfast, many things geared towards PROMOTING business growth.

Carolyn enjoys the Board Member "title"...it strokes her ego! If you notice Shelbia was at the last AA & IBA meeting...supporting her mentor!

Whitey, we are not all on the same sheet of music here. The hand out from the Community Meeting says "A Promise of 3,000 - 20,000 Jobs by 2020". I think 3,000 to 20,000 jobs is close to what was in the paper too.

As I dig deeper I will try to qualify just how many jobs 60 acres and a terminal are forecast to gain us.

It's reported Albany has 548 jobs, Brunswick has 980 jobs, Valdosta has 260 jobs, Columbus has 622 jobs and Macon has 1,925 jobs. I am trying to qualify how many jobs are connected to Commercial, how many jobs are connected to other than Commercial and how many jobs are connected to Industrial MRO at each airport. Also I am asking how much tax payer bond debt is carryed at each airport.

Maybe The Chamber is willing to put on the Pro- Airport Community Meeting if our friend CPR hasn't ticked them off.

You like to reference the Austin Bros. "running the county" BUT if you really want to see an egotistical Power grab just look at the Chamber...Carolyn, Shelbia and a handful think the Chamber is their own private company. THey fail to grasp that the Chamber is an extension of the ENTIRE business community in the county, it is not just for them, and a few major players such as Greystone and the banks.

We have a Chamber that has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for small to medium business in Paulding County...Oh they will take your annual renewal money year after year and give you a sticker to put on your business door but past that NOTHING! It provides a way for the Chamber staff to go to Washington, and MANY other sites EVEN CHINA!, but nothing else! The Chamber membership has remained stagnant now for years and in spite of their inflated membership numbers has less than 600 actual paying members!

Look next door at either the Douglas or Cobb Chambers and you will see how Chambers SHOULD function...literally DAILY I get invitations, request, etc. for events they are HOSTING promoting business in their respective counties. They hold Expo's, after hour events, training sessions, new member welcome breakfast, many things geared towards PROMOTING business growth.

Carolyn enjoys the Board Member "title"...it strokes her ego! If you notice Shelbia was at the last AA & IBA meeting...supporting her mentor!

Who is Shelbia?

I always thought that Blake, Carolyn, and Jamie was working hand and hand together to promote and bring jobs to the County.

Carolyn always runs ads and other things promoting Jobs Jobs Jobs And More jobs And So does Blake and Jamie, I really thought we had a dynamic trio of folks working to bring jobs to Paulding County. Heck I heard Carolyn speak at the IBA meeting about the special tour that certain folks were going to get before the Hospital opens some kind of tour.

I thought that Jamie would of been appointed to the Airport Board and the Industrial Building Authority instead of Mr. Underwood, But that did not occur, At least Jamie should of been appointed to the IBA. But hey what do I know.

I guess Mr. Underwood has more contacts in the business world than Jamie.

OH... I think I know who Sheliba is now I do recall seeing two ladies at the AA meeting last month. What does she do?

Are you a chamber member? You must be to have all this inside knowledge.

• Like 1

Who is Shelbia?

I always thought that Blake, Carolyn, and Jamie was working hand and hand together to promote and bring jobs to the County.

Carolyn always runs ads and other things promoting Jobs Jobs Jobs And More jobs And So does Blake and Jamie, I really thought we had a dynamic trio of folks working to bring jobs to Paulding County. Heck I heard Carolyn speak at the IBA meeting about the special tour that certain folks were going to get before the Hospital opens some kind of tour.

I thought that Jamie would of been appointed to the Airport Board and the Industrial Building Authority instead of Mr. Underwood, But that did not occur, At least Jamie should of been appointed to the IBA. But hey what do I know.

I guess Mr. Underwood has more contacts in the business world than Jamie.

OH... I think I know who Sheliba is now I do recall seeing two ladies at the AA meeting last month. What does she do?

Are you a chamber member? You must be to have all this inside knowledge.

She is the Vice President.

Whitey, we are not all on the same sheet of music here. The hand out from the Community Meeting says "A Promise of 3,000 - 20,000 Jobs by 2020". I think 3,000 to 20,000 jobs is close to what was in the paper too.

As I dig deeper I will try to qualify just how many jobs 60 acres and a terminal are forecast to gain us.

It's reported Albany has 548 jobs, Brunswick has 980 jobs, Valdosta has 260 jobs, Columbus has 622 jobs and Macon has 1,925 jobs. I am trying to qualify how many jobs are connected to Commercial, how many jobs are connected to other than Commercial and how many jobs are connected to Industrial MRO at each airport. Also I am asking how much tax payer bond debt is carryed at each airport.

Maybe The Chamber is willing to put on the Pro- Airport Community Meeting if our friend CPR hasn't ticked them off.

Mojo 413 I see what you are talking about in the handout, I am not sure where that information came from.

I am looking at the Ad that the Chamber ran that had the Board of directors and the executive board implying support for the ad and it plainly states "2,000 to 3,000 new jobs by attracting a variety of aerospace businesses near the airport".

The chamber could of mentioned it in the Myth and Facts that they put out but I do not recall that.

Cpr probably knows seems she is in tight with Carolyn and Shelbia.

Hey I think you are correct maybe CPR can get the Chamber to host a pro airport Meeting Jamie, Blake, and Carolyn could be the host with Shelbia, Pubby and LPPT the co host.

That would be a fantastic group to explain in detail all the ins and outs of the Airport deal and where all the jobs are going to be created as well as the flight plans and the Millions of tax dollars being spent, How that is going to be recouped etc.

Would get to ask Blake,Carolyn some detailed questions. And Jamie could fill in if those two had forgotten some of the details since it seems that he knows more about what is going on than anyone

She is the Vice President.

Who is Concerned Pldg. Resident? I know just want to see if you do.

• Like 1

Whitey, please leave the dirty politics out of the mix and focus on the facts.

Dirty politics tends to throw the sheeze right back at you until you are covered from head to toe.

Please explain? What dirty politics.

<br />Please explain? What dirty politics.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Explain dirty politic to you? Really?

Tell you what, I'm out at this point.

Now, you can keep repeating what you've said in the past about the conniving leadership in this county.

I just wish an official would get on this board and COMMUNICATE with all of us. If they are smart about it, I really think it would open, at least, some conversation between the people for and against the airport.

• Like 1

<br /><br /><br />

Explain dirty politic to you? Really?

Tell you what, I'm out at this point.

Now, you can keep repeating what you've said in the past about the conniving leadership in this county.

I just wish an official would get on this board and COMMUNICATE with all of us. If they are smart about it, I really think it would open, at least, some conversation between the people for and against the airport.

If the leaders of this county would get on this board and be open, honest and transparent they could resolve this entire mess.

The problem is they are not going to face the public in a meeting where they could be asked questions and be expected to answer those questions. Are you watching the videos that are being provided on face book of the BOC meetings. there has been some communication there.. are you okay with what you are hearing?

• Like 1
<br />If the leaders of this county would get on this board and be open, honest and transparent they could resolve this entire mess.<br />The problem is they are not going to face the public in a meeting where they could be asked questions and be expected to answer those questions. Are you watching the videos that  are being provided on face book of the BOC meetings. there has been some communication there.. are you okay with what you are hearing?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Uggggg.

You don't care what my opinion is.

You just care if anything will be said that leans towards getting Austin out. That's the axe you are grinding.

You enjoy that. Like I said, I'm out.

• Like 1

<br /><br /><br />

Uggggg.

You don't care what my opinion is.

You just care if anything will be said that leans towards getting Austin out. That's the axe you are grinding.

You enjoy that. Like I said, I'm out.

Rockysmom that is not so I only want all of the commissioners to be open, honest and transparent. All of them should live up to the campaign promises they made when they ran for office.

I am not comfortable with any of them sneaking around and having secret meetings and excluding other commissioners from those meetings that was directly affected.

Do I think David Austin should be recalled..... Hell yes he was the ring leader of this scam... two of the others are going to face the voters this may.. Are you okay with the way this deal was handled?

It amazes me the people who know nothing about the airport being commercialized. I spoke with a neighbor yesterday who does a little work for the county from time to time and he has a family member who works in a county office. He kept telling me that all they wanted to do is to be able to land corporate jets and we wouldn't hardly even hear them. He had no ideal they were wanting to bring in jet liners or that we are in the impact zone. He wouldn't say a lot after I kept telling him they aready can land corporate jets but they want to bring in 737's. As he left he said it wouldn't surprise him if they change the name again and change it to, "David Austin Airport."

• Like 2