Paulding.com

Community Meeting rescheduled

They had to word it like that BECAUSE of the STOP ALL PROGRESS IN PAULDING group...we have to remember these Board Meetings are WORK sessions. They have to be sure if someone wants to speak at an AA meeting the topic is about AA business and if they want to speak at a BOC meeting it is about the CURRENT business matters. No one is being denied ANYTHING, just being asked to stay on point.

Got it.

As long as it fits into their guidelines.

• Like 2
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow.   Collusion, seriously.   You know, I really wanted this airport thing to work, but not like this.   What they have done is wrong on so many levels.   Regardless if you were for it or aga

Your right but video tapes and paper trails don't lie. Does it upset you to know that Blake gets paid two checks from our county? It does me, considering our police officers are here to protect us an

Due to weather conditions this meeting had to be rescheduled. Here's the new info for the meeting sponsored by Citizens for a Better Paulding County. This is the same group that hosted a community m

I am missing something here. In my simple mind I do not understand why those supporting the airport conversion to Commercial Air Service can not conduct public meetings to show and explain the advantages we will gain from this conversion.

How in the world can the group that put on last nights meeting dictate to those on the pro airport side how they should conduct a pro airport meeting?

A Steven Lang (pubby might know how to still reach him) offered to do just this at a NEUTRAL site to keep BOTH sides comfortable, he offered to moderate the meeting, he offered to make SURE it was a Q & A with audience participation. BUT this was shot down, SAME DAY and within hours of his proposal by the STOP ALL PROGRESS IN PAULDING group, it's a matter of record...look back thru the post on p.com.

A Steven Lang (pubby might know how to still reach him) offered to do just this at a NEUTRAL site to keep BOTH sides comfortable, he offered to moderate the meeting, he offered to make SURE it was a Q & A with audience participation. BUT this was shot down, SAME DAY and within hours of his proposal by the STOP ALL PROGRESS IN PAULDING group, it's a matter of record...look back thru the post on p.com.

Still working on the answers to those questions ? ? ?

:huh:

The anti airport people have yet to prove that anyone on these 3 boards has done a single thing with the motivation being personal gain.

We have mistakes, we have very little transparency.

Every move made has still been toward making this airport work for the citizens.

<br />The anti airport people have yet to prove that anyone on these 3 boards has done a single thing with the motivation being personal gain.<br /><br />We have mistakes, we have very little transparency.<br />Every move made has still been toward making this airport work for the citizens.<br />
<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />When the majority of the commissioners conduct shady business these questions must also be asked. Maybe we must scratch beneath the surface to see what else the BoC has done with our tax dollars. If they have nothing to hide, ya know?
  • Like 1

The ONLY "Collusion" is that many of the AA board members also sit on the IBA board and that David Austin sits on both as well as being our BOC Chairman. This is the STOP ALL PROGRESS IN PAULDING'S definition of Collusion!!!

You were not paying attention.... All of the IBA board members were also Board members of the Airport Authority, And they simply could just call a meeting and loan each other our tax dollars( which they did). And yes David Austin and His Brother Boykin Austin do set on both authorities. And do have other powerful jobs in the County.

That loan is of course one of the pending law suits that you so proudly proclaim as being "frivolous" !!!!

Oh.... did you also note that all three boards that the Austin brothers sit on attempted to pass resolutions to change a constitutional Amendment that permitted loans of this type to be legal in the past seven days?

You do know that Commissioner Pownall spoke against this resolution at the commissioners meeting, and convinced the other three Commissioners to table the resolution, Leaving only David Austin voting to change the Constitutional Amendment.

Of course the IBA and the PCAA voted unanimously to loan each other our tax dollars. In their meetings held on 2/19/2012

They had to word it like that BECAUSE of the STOP ALL PROGRESS IN PAULDING group...we have to remember these Board Meetings are WORK sessions. They have to be sure if someone wants to speak at an AA meeting the topic is about AA business and if they want to speak at a BOC meeting it is about the CURRENT business matters. No one is being denied ANYTHING, just being asked to stay on point.

You really don't have a clue do you?

• Like 1

I've asked VALID questions...and still have no answers. All some of you want to say is....well they have successful businesses here in Paulding.

1. Who on any of the boards making decisions have managed or converted a municiple airport to a commercial airport? Who has the experience in Aeronautics to be making these decisions?

2. What highways do you think will be direct access from the airport to the Interstates to ship products via ground transportation? How close are these said roadways to major interstates?

3. Where is the Aeronautical business plan for this airport?

Very good questions, but...........they are falling on deaf ears.

I believe it was pointed out last night in clips form the chamber video that no one has in response to question #1

The anti airport people have yet to prove that anyone on these 3 boards has done a single thing with the motivation being personal gain.

Every move made has still been toward making this airport work for the citizens.

Lets hear the case in Superior Court that is just lying there begging to be heard.... What has the County got to hide, let the citizens side be heard in a open honest and transparent manner.

I've asked VALID questions...and still have no answers. All some of you want to say is....well they have successful businesses here in Paulding.

1. Who on any of the boards making decisions have managed or converted a municipal airport to a commercial airport? Who has the experience in Aeronautics to be making these decisions?

2. What highways do you think will be direct access from the airport to the Interstates to ship products via ground transportation? How close are these said roadways to major interstates?

3. Where is the Aeronautical business plan for this airport?

I think there are a couple of things to keep in mind, GeorgiaTornado. My understanding is that Silver Comet Field, when it was completed in 2008 was the new airport built in Georgia in something like 20-50 years (Don't remember exactly but it was long time ago.)

As far as the board's composition, I think that most of the boards that oversaw such things in other places didn't have experience when they did the changes.

As far as the decisions, from what I've gathered, there are no decisions being made; simply the facility is being completed to its design capacity. Beyond that, there are specific requirements for being able to handle passenger airline traffic - ie. a fence around the facility, baggage handling equipment and some other homeland security elements ... and an operating tower of some sort for real air traffic control. Right now, pilots turn on the lights for evening landings and for the most part they come and go ... I'm not exactly sure how they are controlled but there is not formal 'tower' with an air traffic controller. That obviously would have to change with commercial flights.

At current traffic and even projected traffic, the roads are generally adequate although I suppose that if we reached one million annual passengers - a lofty goal I might ad but a long-term realistic one - we might need a stop light at 278 and the airport road. While most folks sit here and think a million is a lot, it is about 1300 people coming and those same 1300 people going on a daily basis. If you compared it to classes attended by people, it is actually about like Paulding County High School except a lot easier traffic because those 1300 come and go at all hours of the day rather than rushing to one place for the morning bell. (Actually, the schools have more like 1800 students that come and 1800 student that leave each day so it represents 50 percent more traffic.)

So the traffic issue is really overblown and hyped for fear just like every thing else being bloviated about by the Cave men mentality. (CAVE means Citizens Against Virtually Everthing).

Finally, GeorgiaTornado; the airport is set up to be a P3 business ... the actual plan part is the responsibility of the private player in this, Propeller Investments. We've all surveyed the market well enough for some to conclude there is a viable market but the specific plans are proprietary and confidential. Why? Because this is a competitive market (or at least hopes to be one although the competition is very guerrilla-like in its attack on the market.

The essence of a guerrilla campaign, BTW, is frigging secrecy. You know this to be a fact simply because anytime a small group of guerrillas seek to attack a large fortress with tens of thousands of opponents with cannon, aircraft, ships in the harbor, hundreds of sentries, etc. they are going to be very, very private with their plans. Why? Because loose lips sink ships.

Our best shot at seeing what can happen is let it happen.

But rest assured that it is a win-win situation. The nature of that win-win, is evident to me. I'll see, in the coming months, if I can get that part of it on the record.

pubby

SO...are you saying just give them millions of dollars and put everything on Black and spin the wheel...if it lands on black we win..if not...we are out millions and millions of dollars if it lands on Red. You have better odds in Vegas.

I am shocked beyond belief that you think we should just "See how it goes" Are you out of your EFFING mind?

I think you are crazy.... just like you spewed the same scheeze about the damn movie studio! How did that work out for ya?

Edited by GeorgiaTornado
  • Like 2

You were not paying attention.... All of the IBA board members were also Board members of the Airport Authority, And they simply could just call a meeting and loan each other our tax dollars( which they did). And yes David Austin and His Brother Boykin Austin do set on both authorities. And do have other powerful jobs in the County.

That loan is of course one of the pending law suits that you so proudly proclaim as being "frivolous" !!!!

Oh.... did you also note that all three boards that the Austin brothers sit on attempted to pass resolutions to change a constitutional Amendment that permitted loans of this type to be legal in the past seven days?

You do know that Commissioner Pownall spoke against this resolution at the commissioners meeting, and convinced the other three Commissioners to table the resolution, Leaving only David Austin voting to change the Constitutional Amendment.

Of course the IBA and the PCAA voted unanimously to loan each other our tax dollars. In their meetings held on 2/19/2012

I fully understand who is on each board and the only person I really have a problem with is Carolyn from the Chamber. You want to find some corruption and mishandling of funds...turn a few rocks over in that building! But that's another issue for another time.

I am 100% in favor of the amendment being passed and I expect it to be done before the deadline next week.

Let's see what else...Oh yeah...the DELTA funded lawsuit...well it is FRIVOLOUS! I saw absolutely nothing new come out of last nights meeting other than some new revised graphics with cute hats and Anthony trying to get some kind of award for facial expressions as he showed some scans. You showed a nicely done video of Mary's house and off in the distance if you had binoculars you could maybe see the very end of the runway. No way the Airport has any effect at all on her stream she walked around sighing....dramatic but not factual! Oh and they said they started building in 02 I believe...well the property behind them has been owned since the 70's by DELTA & The City of Atlanta so they knew an airport was a distinct possibility (she even referenced facts from the FAA study).

• Like 1
&lt;br /&gt;The anti airport people have yet to prove that anyone on these 3 boards has done a single thing with the motivation being personal gain.We have mistakes, we have very little transparency. Every move made has still been toward making this airport work for the citizens. <br /><br />Pretty sure that is not their objective. .  Some of my concerns are lack of citizen input and spending taxpayer dollars on a failed General Aviation airport with no business plan and the lack of proper studies regarding job creation, environmental impact and feasibility.  <br /><br />I see little that ensures this airport will work for anyone, especially the citizens.

The problems with this board are annoying!!!

Pretty sure that is not their objective. . Some of my concerns are lack of citizen input and spending taxpayer dollars on a failed General Aviation airport with no business plan and the lack of proper studies regarding job creation, environmental impact and feasibility.

I see little that ensures this airport will work for anyone, especially the citizens.

SO...are you saying just give them millions of dollars and put everything on Black and spin the wheel...if it lands on black we win..if not...we are out millions and millions of dollars if it lands on Red. You have better odds in Vegas.

I am shocked beyond belief that you think we should just "See how it goes" Are you out of your EFFING mind?

I think you are crazy.... just like you spewed the same scheeze about the damn movie studio! How did that work out for ya?

No, I'm not crazy.

First, the investment its self creates jobs. It takes people to construct these things. A good part of Paulding's economy was based on construction in the last decade, you know. Did those jobs not count?

Once you have the asset, then it is up to private enterprise to maximize the value of the asset. That is how the government justifies building toll free highways, you know. Should every street be a toll road?

Airports themselves create the need for airplanes, fuel, even airport inspectors. That communities - in other topic I mentioned how Lebanon TN, despite your criticism of their 'deal' with Cracker Barrel restaurants, came out by using the airport as a loss-leader. More than that, though, you'd be out of a job if every airport that was costing taxpayers money went out of business. (Loss leader arrangements are part of the package that communities offer business as lures for other, related investments that have a longer-term payoff.

You are either in the game and competitive in the big picture or you're not. If the airport serves the role of a loss leader for economic development and you make on that, then you win.)

By focusing on the 'profitability' of a specific infrastructure effort and judging it on its revenue generating capacity, you're just missing the big picture.

How much did we spend on the East Hiram Parkway? It isn't making us a dang penny. Frankly, it is at best a convenience but because development along it will be somewhat limited and it moves traffic from the bottleneck at 278 and 92, there is a slight possibility that it will cost the county some money in the short term in sales tax receipts ... That would be because with the highway bottlenecked, some people, rather than pressing onward, would pull off for a shopping excursion as traffic dissipates and they spend $30 on a dinner or possibly $200 on new clothes, that they wouldn't have spent that day. Now, they're zipping home because traffic lets them and those sales opportunities evaporate. (The other side of the coin is that because they didn't spend an extra 10 minutes idling their way through Hiram, they save eight gallons of gasoline a month they'd have otherwise spent snarled in traffic. That eight gallons equates to $25 more dollars they can spend on clothes, food or other goods and more of that money stays here. The bet is that money will benefit the community more and ultimately pay for the road financed with SPLOST money over the years.)

Big picture GT ... Big Picture!

pubby

No, I'm not crazy.

First, the investment its self creates jobs.  It takes people to construct these things. A good part of Paulding's economy was based on construction in the last decade, you know.  Did those jobs not count?

Once you have the asset, then it is up to private enterprise to maximize the value of the asset. That is how the government justifies building toll free highways, you know.  Should every street be a toll road?

Airports themselves create the need for airplanes, fuel, even airport inspectors.   That communities - in other topic I mentioned how Lebanon TN, despite your criticism of their 'deal' with Cracker Barrel restaurants, came out by using the airport as a loss-leader.  More than that, though, you'd be out of a job if every airport that was costing taxpayers money went out of business. (Loss leader arrangements are part of the package that communities offer business as lures for other, related investments that have a longer-term payoff.  

You are either in the game and competitive in the big picture or you're not. If the airport serves the role of a loss leader for economic development and you make on that, then you win.)

By focusing on the 'profitability' of a specific infrastructure effort and judging it on its revenue generating capacity, you're just missing the big picture.

How much did we spend on the East Hiram Parkway?  It isn't making us a dang penny.  Frankly, it is at best a convenience but because development along it will be somewhat limited and it moves traffic from the bottleneck at 278 and 92, there is a slight possibility that it will cost the county some money in the short term in sales tax receipts ... That would be because with the highway bottlenecked, some people, rather than pressing onward, would pull off for a shopping excursion as traffic dissipates and they spend $30 on a dinner or possibly $200 on new clothes, that they wouldn't have spent that day.  Now, they're zipping home because traffic lets them and those sales opportunities evaporate.  (The other side of the coin is that because they didn't spend an extra 10 minutes idling their way through Hiram, they save eight gallons of gasoline a month they'd have otherwise spent snarled in traffic. That eight gallons equates to $25 more dollars they can spend on clothes, food or other goods and more of that money stays here. The bet is that money will benefit the community more and ultimately pay for the road financed with SPLOST money over the years.)

Big picture GT ... Big Picture!

pubby

"First, the investment its self creates jobs. It takes people to construct these things."

Yes we all know "who' constructs these things. SPLOST money is not property tax money and you know that.

Big picture, Pubby........Big Picture!

"First, the investment its self creates jobs. It takes people to construct these things."

Yes we all know "who' constructs these things. SPLOST money is not property tax money and you know that.

Big picture, Pubby........Big Picture!

So you don't have a problem with SPLOST money ... You know there is LOST that goes to the general fund as well.

Oh, and since we're parsing sources, FAA money is not property tax money either.

And, while bond money backed by third parties including the IBA and enterprise funding sources is only guaranteed by property taxes, that is technically not property taxes either.

Big picture, backseat driver Tundra ... Big picture!

pubby

<br />So you don't have a problem with SPLOST money ... You know there is LOST that goes to the general fund as well. <br /><br />Oh, and since we're parsing sources, FAA money is not property tax money either. <br /><br />And, while bond money backed by third parties  including the IBA and enterprise funding sources is only guaranteed by property taxes, that is technically not property taxes either.  <br /><br />Big picture, <strike>backseat driver</strike> Tundra ... Big picture!<br /><br />pubby<br />
<br /><br /><br />

You know what's scary, the BIG picture that is coming in focus when I find out about stuff I really didn't want to. Now that's scary.

I KNOW every penny of tax money comes from the taxpayer. NO government creates any money, they just know how to spend it. The homeowners in Pauding County are backing this airport, bond or no bond. Ultimately the cost will fall on us. Remember that airport wasn't going to cost us one dime. No one knows how much taxpayer money has been spent out there, or so we've been told. ;)

No if it had been it would be a working general aviation airport making money. It was done for some

people with airplanes to use and was not for a profit except for the builders and grading company's.

We do not need HJ airport here. As a general aviation airport it could have made money if there

was someone that knew how to run it.

<br />I was reading this in the other topic. <br /><br />They're going to spend my tax dollars however they want and then deny my free speech?<br /><br />If you're not outraged, then you're not paying attention. <br /><br /><br /><b>"This month the authority set a policy that allows public comment but requires residents to apply in advance to speak, and reserves the right to decline if the topic is not deemed pertinent."</b><br />
<br /><br /><br />

There are some that believe we elect them to do just that..............just give them our money,and dare not question them.Those people are FOOLS

• Like 1

I fully understand who is on each board and the only person I really have a problem with is Carolyn from the Chamber. You want to find some corruption and mishandling of funds...turn a few rocks over in that building! But that's another issue for another time.

I am 100% in favor of the amendment being passed and I expect it to be done before the deadline next week.

Let's see what else...Oh yeah...the DELTA funded lawsuit...well it is FRIVOLOUS! I saw absolutely nothing new come out of last nights meeting other than some new revised graphics with cute hats and Anthony trying to get some kind of award for facial expressions as he showed some scans. You showed a nicely done video of Mary's house and off in the distance if you had binoculars you could maybe see the very end of the runway. No way the Airport has any effect at all on her stream she walked around sighing....dramatic but not factual! Oh and they said they started building in 02 I believe...well the property behind them has been owned since the 70's by DELTA & The City of Atlanta so they knew an airport was a distinct possibility (she even referenced facts from the FAA study).

Still waiting on the answers to those questions...

8)

You know what's scary, the BIG picture that is coming in focus when I find out about stuff I really didn't want to. Now that's scary.

I KNOW every penny of tax money comes from the taxpayer. NO government creates any money, they just know how to spend it. The homeowners in Pauding County are backing this airport, bond or no bond. Ultimately the cost will fall on us. Remember that airport wasn't going to cost us one dime. No one knows how much taxpayer money has been spent out there, or so we've been told. ;)

Wrong again, tundra. Almost all the FAA funds come from the FAA trust fund which is a fund amassed by fees on airline tickets - i.e. a user fee that covers things like certification testing, airport design, best practices, airport expansion, covering the costs of technology improvement for air traffic control, access to air travel (airports) which, incidentally enhances the safety of air travel in general.

Since you seem to want the airport to be self-sustaining maybe you ought to compromise a little on the idea that FAA fees for commercial air traffic generated right here might prove to be one of the income streams of value to this airport and aviation in general.

pubby

<br />Wrong again, tundra.  Almost all the FAA funds come from the FAA trust fund which is a fund amassed by fees on airline tickets - i.e. a user fee that covers things like certification testing, airport design, best practices, airport expansion, covering the costs of technology improvement for air traffic control, access to air travel (airports) which, incidentally enhances the safety of air travel in general. <br /><br />Since you seem to want the airport to be self-sustaining maybe you ought to compromise a little on the idea that FAA fees for commercial air traffic generated right here might prove to be one of the income streams of value to this airport and aviation in general. <br /><br />pubby<br />
<br /><br /><br />

FAA money is still a tax. You can put lipstick on it, even add some perfume but it's still tax money.

GET A GRIP...PLEASE! Another poster said it PERFECT...

"This group no longer wants answers. They already have them. They just don't like the answers or the facts."

Check your post BEFORE you post and remove all the brackets...They are NOT working right now...

Check yourself CPR.

There are some that believe we elect them to do just that..............just give them our money,and dare not question them.Those people are FOOLS

Actually Gone ... you probably don't vote to elect more than two and more probably one of the board members. The remainder, unlike you, volunteer their efforts at no salary and are donating their time. As it is a donation of their valuable time they like to conduct real business more than hearing people - largely uninformed people who have been manipulated into thinking they're fighting some kind of corruption (not) complain about things that if they were more informed they'd grasp, understand and probably applaud.

The reality is the personalities involved in the back seat driving are strong willed people with strong backs, - almost classically democratic in their mule-like obstinance, not to mention verbosity, - those who are informed tend to be less than impressed with the hysterical bloviations.

While there are a few of them who are equally stubborn, many of them will not blow off, ignore or even ignore appropriate, well thought out and reasoned suggestions that address real issues.

For instance, when I talked with Rep. Maxwell today, he was intrigued by the notion that the AA law might be amended to require a public vote on a bond issue for an expansion of the runway or the addition of additional runways at the airport. No one had mentioned or suggested that to him and the AA charter is not up for amendment this session.

You will recall that I made this suggestion in November of last year as a compromise that would address the issue of a vote on any substantial expansion of the airport ... but like the idea of a moderated 'level playing field' for a town meeting, such reasoned suggestions interfere with the 'REAL AGENDA' of the NIMBYs, CAVEs and political operatives who look on this controversy as a way to elect anti-growth knuckle-draggers who can be counted on to help Delta protect their monopoly.

Yet that would be a real protection to the citizens of Paulding county and protect us from any substantial expansion of the airport without public support.

Instead, the anti forces blow off support of something real in exchange for a hate fest of political savagery. Brilliant! (not)

pubby

What problem do you have with Carolyn she is part of the dynamic trio that intends to bring 2,000 to 3,000 jobs to Paulding... How do I know this....well I read it in the paper you know the full page ad along with the Board of Directors of the chamber who supported the commercialization of the airport. Yea Blake, Jamie And Carolyn the dynamic creator of aero space jobs.... And what have they done.... A secretary job and a FBO operator wow and what kind of salaries??? I am guessing close to or over $400,000 for the three of them. What a bargain.

Did you see the opening scene? That was awesome, almost as if the plane came through the auditorium.

OK.....I'm going to suggest a really "out there" concept. Both parties pick a representative, and the two of you work out a deal for approval to the general public. Say, within thirty days.

I have to say......there has been limited communication from the county representatives.

I really don't think there is a whole lot to be accomplished on the Internet.

OK.....I'm going to suggest a really "out there" concept. Both parties pick a representative, and the two of you work out a deal for approval to the general public. Say, within thirty days.

I have to say......there has been limited communication from the county representatives.

I really don't think there is a whole lot to be accomplished on the Internet.

That's a good idea, and you're right, it won't be solved on the internet. But how many people would not know what is happening without the internet?

At least these days with more technology and open records, people are much more informed than ever before.

<br />That's a good idea, and you're right, it won't be solved on the internet.  But how many people would not know what is happening without the internet?<br /><br />At least these days with more technology and open records, people are much more informed than ever before.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

No doubt Low........I just want this airport issue resolved...so we all know what we are going to have to deal with.

I want the issue resolved! I'm done with all this back and forth, he said she said type of thing. I also want the county government to communicate with all of us.

Actually Gone ... you probably don't vote to elect more than two and more probably one of the board members. The remainder, unlike you, volunteer their efforts at no salary and are donating their time. As it is a donation of their valuable time they like to conduct real business more than hearing people - largely uninformed people who have been manipulated into thinking they're fighting some kind of corruption (not) complain about things that if they were more informed they'd grasp, understand and probably applaud.

The reality is the personalities involved in the back seat driving are strong willed people with strong backs, - almost classically democratic in their mule-like obstinance, not to mention verbosity, - those who are informed tend to be less than impressed with the hysterical bloviations.

While there are a few of them who are equally stubborn, many of them will not blow off, ignore or even ignore appropriate, well thought out and reasoned suggestions that address real issues.

For instance, when I talked with Rep. Maxwell today, he was intrigued by the notion that the AA law might be amended to require a public vote on a bond issue for an expansion of the runway or the addition of additional runways at the airport. No one had mentioned or suggested that to him and the AA charter is not up for amendment this session.

You will recall that I made this suggestion in November of last year as a compromise that would address the issue of a vote on any substantial expansion of the airport ... but like the idea of a moderated 'level playing field' for a town meeting, such reasoned suggestions interfere with the 'REAL AGENDA' of the NIMBYs, CAVEs and political operatives who look on this controversy as a way to elect anti-growth knuckle-draggers who can be counted on to help Delta protect their monopoly.

Yet that would be a real protection to the citizens of Paulding county and protect us from any substantial expansion of the airport without public support.

Instead, the anti forces blow off support of something real in exchange for a hate fest of political savagery. Brilliant! (not)

pubby

We have not blown off anything, When you first raised this issue and expounded on it you were told then even if it was passed and enacted into law that if the leaders wanted that changed it would secretly be done without the knowledge of the citizens..... Laws are changed every year, Looking back on what recently happened this week when the Leaders of this County attempted to covertly change a constitutional Amendment

Supports exactly why folks were opposed to such a law being enacted.

I propose that the folks live up to their promises act like grown honest men, stand by their beliefs just a short time ago. Show the folks that they have the ability to make the airport work as a general aviation airport... once that occurs come to the people of this county with a plan explain that plan and have a referendum on the issue let the citizens have the input and vote on the expansion.

I have never seen a group of business leaders and County leaders make such bonehead decisions about a project in all my life. It is almost hilarious some of the decisions this group made. And all in the name of confidentially I call bull chit on that, Citizens are entitled to know how their tax dollars are being spent.

<br /><br /><br />

No doubt Low........I just want this airport issue resolved...so we all know what we are going to have to deal with.

I want the issue resolved! I'm done with all this back and forth, he said she said type of thing. I also want the county government to communicate with all of us.

The county government has a responsibility to communicate, I have suggested town hall type meetings in each commissioners post. After the town hall meetings have a vote during the upcoming primary elections. Pretty simple if a majority of the citizens support full blown commercialization of the airport including unlimited passenger service then that settles the issue. If a majority supports the General Aviation concept with no commercial passenger service then all expansion work ceases immediately and the contracts are null and void.

<br />The county government has a responsibility to communicate, I have suggested town hall type meetings in each commissioners post. After the town hall meetings have a vote during the upcoming primary elections. Pretty simple if a majority of the citizens support full blown commercialization of the airport including unlimited passenger service then that settles the issue. If  a majority supports the General Aviation concept with no commercial passenger service then all expansion work ceases immediately and the contracts are null and void.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Whitey, you just can't proclaim signed contracts null and void via a magic wand. Any clue what that will cost?

We have not blown off anything, When you first raised this issue and expounded on it you were told then even if it was passed and enacted into law that if the leaders wanted that changed it would secretly be done without the knowledge of the citizens..... Laws are changed every year, Looking back on what recently happened this week when the Leaders of this County attempted to covertly change a constitutional Amendment

Supports exactly why folks were opposed to such a law being enacted.

I propose that the folks live up to their promises act like grown honest men, stand by their beliefs just a short time ago. Show the folks that they have the ability to make the airport work as a general aviation airport... once that occurs come to the people of this county with a plan explain that plan and have a referendum on the issue let the citizens have the input and vote on the expansion.

I have never seen a group of business leaders and County leaders make such bonehead decisions about a project in all my life. It is almost hilarious some of the decisions this group made. And all in the name of confidentially I call bull chit on that, Citizens are entitled to know how their tax dollars are being spent.

That makes no sense at all, Whitey.

You don't want a law because it might be changed!

That tells me you don't believe in the law or the system of government we have.

Unbelievable!

pubby

PS: You want to know how tax dollars are being spent, ask for the budget. You already know how to write a FOIA. Its available.

Maybe I missed it but I don't recall seeing a copy of the signed contract.

If you would post it, I sure would appreciate it.

It is in the tonk (behind a paywall).

here: http://paulding.com/forum/index.php/topic/306426-silver-comet-documentation/page__gopid__3888705#entry3888705

pubby

premium members can enter. The password is YUK

<br />It is in the tonk (behind a paywall). <br /><br />here: <a href='http://paulding.com/forum/index.php/topic/306426-silver-comet-documentation/page__gopid__3888705#entry3888705' class='bbc_url' title=''>http://paulding.com/...05#entry3888705</a><br /><br />pubby<br /><br />premium members can enter. The password is YUK<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Thank you Pubby.

Again I do not understand the demand for it be an event to host both sides. Why does the Pro- Airport side not host their own event? Why do they (you) need the Anti- Airport group to agree to anything??? Back in October I made a statement here on Pcom stating my disbelief at the non-public Pro information stance "Young lady don't worry your pretty head. We will tell you what we want you to know, when we want you to know it". Again I look forward to being afforded the opportunity to learn Pro- Airport benefits.

Yesterday morning I started respectfully trying to dispute some of the data I gained at the community meeting. First Pro- Airport response I got back is to summarized something to the effect of "Here is a link, however the questions you ask are not addressed in this link" (this response was from an employee, not an elected official). My gut feeling is the responder is too busy to really dig into my questions. I feel a well prepared Pro- Airport presentation will be well received. I look forward to being afforded the opportunity to hear Pro- Airport data so I can take it home and research it.

My Commissioner David Carmichael has offered and we will be meeting to discuss each bullet point on the Community Meeting handout. I expect this discussion will take several sessions. You are welcome to join us.

That makes no sense at all, Whitey.

You don't want a law because it might be changed!

That tells me you don't believe in the law or the system of government we have.

Unbelievable!

pubby

PS: You want to know how tax dollars are being spent, ask for the budget. You already know how to write a FOIA. Its available.

So agree on your little proposal law, let the 737's start zooming in over Hiram/Yorkville and everything will be okay.

And when Delta and the City of Atlanta want to come in and expand on their 10,000 acres we can have a vote. OKAY I get that picture..... Yea..... I can see the Chamber now full page ads ran twice daily Delta wants to bring a zillion jobs to Paulding County, Including mass transit gotta have this supported by all 30 members of the Board of Directors including Commission Chairman Punkin.

PUBBY..... Just one little thing you are missing them 737's are not zooming in over Hiram and Yorkville yet..... This is not a done deal by any means, Thank goodness these folks locally can't have secret meetings and do what they please, They are regulated by the FAA and they do not have that approval/certification and I am quite sure that Hartsfield Jackson and the City of Atlanta is going to have some say over the air rights they have had for years here in Paulding county.

Has the County and the Citizens really got the stomach to spend millions of tax dollars on Law suits that are going to be drug out for years?

I think these tax dollars could be better spent creating jobs in the new industrial park on Bill Carruth Parkway.

• Like 1