Paulding.com

Community Meeting rescheduled

Due to weather conditions this meeting had to be rescheduled. Here's the new info for the meeting sponsored by Citizens for a Better Paulding County. This is the same group that hosted a community meeting in November of 2013.

COMMUNITY MEETING NEXT THURSDAY, FEB. 27th!!!

Citizens For A Better Paulding County will host their 2nd Community Meeting regarding information and updates on the proposed airport commercialization. Hope you can join us!

SAVE THE DATE: 2/27/14

3264 Villa Rica Highway, Dallas, GA 30157

Time: 7:00 p.m.

• Like 5
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow.   Collusion, seriously.   You know, I really wanted this airport thing to work, but not like this.   What they have done is wrong on so many levels.   Regardless if you were for it or aga

Your right but video tapes and paper trails don't lie. Does it upset you to know that Blake gets paid two checks from our county? It does me, considering our police officers are here to protect us an

Due to weather conditions this meeting had to be rescheduled. Here's the new info for the meeting sponsored by Citizens for a Better Paulding County. This is the same group that hosted a community m

Due to weather conditions this meeting had to be rescheduled. Here's the new info for the meeting sponsored by Citizens for a Better Paulding County. This is the same group that hosted a community meeting in November of 2013.

COMMUNITY MEETING NEXT THURSDAY, FEB. 27th!!!

Citizens For A Better Paulding County will host their 2nd Community Meeting regarding information and updates on the proposed airport commercialization. Hope you can join us!

SAVE THE DATE: 2/27/14

3264 Villa Rica Highway, Dallas, GA 30157

Time: 7:00 p.m.

Thanks to that group we have a voice that will be heard.

THE AIRPORT IS NOT A DONE DEAL If you love your county and the peace and quite and lower taxes, with good schools that comes with a community that does not have commercial passenger service, then come join this group and help preserve the investment we have in our property, Life style and general well being.

ABOVE ALL REMEMBER.... IT IS NOT A DONE DEAL, keep up the fight.

• Like 3

Initially I was only opposed to the lies told about my good friend Todd Pownall. I could have cared less about Commercial Air Service because I live in East Paulding. I attended the first Community Meeting in support of my friend Todd.

I was shocked when I attended that first meeting. I witnessed...

• The number of personal friends who unknown to me are impacted by Commercial Air Service and have received NO assurances of protection from the county. Not even a courtesy contact.

• The evidence of health and environmental issues documented around other airports.

• The evidence of financial failure of 70% of airports.

• The evidence of failures of a majority of Public / Private partnerships.

• The lack of transparency with the operations and financing of OUR airport.

• The evidence of my taxable value of my home, autos & trailer securing the bonds.

Being one that is skeptical, I made notes and went home and did research on my own.

I am now FIRMLY opposed to Commercial Air Service at OUR airport.

To those FIRMLY in favor or straddling the fence about Commerial Air Service at OUR airport... I encourage you to attend, listen, make notes, collect handouts, then research what you have found out and be better aware of the facts... Pro or Con.

Hopefully you will be like me and make new friends on both sides of the issue.

• Like 1

Initially I was only opposed to the lies told about my good friend Todd Pownall. I could have cared less about Commercial Air Service because I live in East Paulding. I attended the first Community Meeting in support of my friend Todd.

• The number of personal friends who unknown to me are impacted by Commercial Air Service and have received NO assurances of protection from the county. Not even a courtesy contact.

• The evidence of health and environmental issues documented around other airports.

• The evidence of my taxable value of my home, autos & trailer securing the bonds.

Being one that is skeptical, I made notes and went home and did research on my own.

To those FIRMLY in favor or straddling the fence about Commerial Air Service at OUR airport... I encourage you to attend, listen, make notes, collect handouts, then research what you have found out and be better aware of the facts... Pro or Con.

I was just like you Mojo413, I was so happy to meet the fine folks that are promoting these meetings and hearing and understanding the real truth about what is going on in our county.

These are just good down to earth people that are concerned about the real impact that this Airport will have on our community and our County.

They oppose the Commercial passenger part of the airport that will make our county like the city of Atlanta and Clayton County.

Hope we have another large crowd of folks that wants to hear the current up dates..... See you there

BTW tomorrow at 10:00 Am and 7:00 pm the board of commissioners will be meeting in the administration building 2nd floor, hope to see you there, The Commissioners are planning to pass a resolution to expand the duties of the Industrial Building Authority... May get a little interesting

To those FIRMLY in favor or straddling the fence about Commercial Air Service at OUR airport... I encourage you to attend, listen, make notes, collect handouts, then research what you have found out and be better aware of the facts... Pro or Con.

Oh no! Businesses fail? Public and private partnerships fail? Oh no!

Pardon my lack of outrage. You know that entire species fail ... and that more species of life have gone extinct than currently exist by a long shot. We're all going to die.

So 70 percent of the airports are financial failures ... I bet if you included all the airports that ever were it would be even higher (I assume the point is that 70 percent of the commercial airports in operation today are subsidized because they are not generating enough money to make it independently.) But did you know that every free public road and street - which also happens to be transportation infrastructure - is by that measure a financial failure! OMG! We're surrounded by financial failure by our basic infrastructure.

And this whole meme that things have to pay for themselves is also why 70 percent of the roads and bridges in the USA are also in need of repair.

Then you mention health and environmental issues surrounding airports. Those same health and environmental issues surround every gasoline fueling station in the land and every manufacturing industry. While those on the right want to talk about labor costs as the reason for the multinational conglomerates moving factories and jobs to china and other places, being able to duck environmental rules in place here is the deciding factor. Seems our good old boy politicians - you know the ones that have history with the place and are not some ideological robot (like Gov. Duke Power or the idiot in W. Va who gives their special industries a pass on polluting entire rivers in one fell swoop - are not as easily bribed as the tin-pot dictators and 'leaders' of these foreign lands. That is why you just about cut the air with a knife in Beijing while you and I get nailed for having a car with a failed 02 sensor. (Of course the good old boys in Europe are even bigger sticklers for breathable air ... certainly more than the tea party right here.)

You do have a couple of points worth considering. Personally, I'm all for establishing a value of the properties at purchase plus the cost of improvements made before 2005 as the value of those properties in regard to just compensation. And I think the Airport authority, particularly if they move that direction, ought to without discrimination based on complaints, use that or some other reasonable formula to reach just compensation.

I mean if we can cover the roads that should have been resurfaced by builders who bailed on their bonds, we can do this (although the current litigation regarding the IBA and its ability to borrow and lend money to the AA may confound or even prohibit that).

And finally, if you want your taxable value of your property and home to not be used to back any transportation infrastructure improvement of any kind Mojo, you can buy a yacht and find a nation - Greece used to do this in the day of Aristotle Onassis - that doesn't tax the value of the ships registered to that country. Of course then you'd either have to pay mooring fees, which Roberts' court would liken to a transportation infrastructure tax designed to support the dock, or just set sail on the ocean to avoid all sorts of fees.

Just hope when you're caught in a hurricane, that land lubbers will keep paying for the Coast Guard they don't use because you're against funding, having or taking part in any part of the transportation infrastructure supported by tax dollars.

pubby

PS: The thing is this mojo, we live in a very complex society with a tremendous amount of diversity which is accommodated in aggregate by the collective will of all members of the society to create all sort of opportunities. All of us benefit from this collective approach even though some of us never benefit or take advantage of every opportunity. It boggles the mind but it is what it is. If you eliminate all the 'airports' that aren't sustained by the market, then the ones that are would begin failing.

The really, really sad part about all this is the notion that you can have a society comprised only of winners. That is more 'impossible' than jumping into a car and driving at five times the speed of light.

pubby

Oh no! Businesses fail? Public and private partnerships fail? Oh no!

Pardon my lack of outrage. You know that entire species fail ... and that more species of life have gone extinct than currently exist by a long shot. We're all going to die.

So 70 percent of the airports are financial failures ... I bet if you included all the airports that ever were it would be even higher (I assume the point is that 70 percent of the commercial airports in operation today are subsidized because they are not generating enough money to make it independently.) But did you know that every free public road and street - which also happens to be transportation infrastructure - is by that measure a financial failure! OMG! We're surrounded by financial failure by our basic infrastructure.

And this whole meme that things have to pay for themselves is also why 70 percent of the roads and bridges in the USA are also in need of repair.

Then you mention health and environmental issues surrounding airports. Those same health and environmental issues surround every gasoline fueling station in the land and every manufacturing industry. While those on the right want to talk about labor costs as the reason for the multinational conglomerates moving factories and jobs to china and other places, being able to duck environmental rules in place here is the deciding factor. Seems our good old boy politicians - you know the ones that have history with the place and are not some ideological robot (like Gov. Duke Power or the idiot in W. Va who gives their special industries a pass on polluting entire rivers in one fell swoop - are not as easily bribed as the tin-pot dictators and 'leaders' of these foreign lands. That is why you just about cut the air with a knife in Beijing while you and I get nailed for having a car with a failed 02 sensor. (Of course the good old boys in Europe are even bigger sticklers for breathable air ... certainly more than the tea party right here.)

You do have a couple of points worth considering. Personally, I'm all for establishing a value of the properties at purchase plus the cost of improvements made before 2005 as the value of those properties in regard to just compensation. And I think the Airport authority, particularly if they move that direction, ought to without discrimination based on complaints, use that or some other reasonable formula to reach just compensation.

I mean if we can cover the roads that should have been resurfaced by builders who bailed on their bonds, we can do this (although the current litigation regarding the IBA and its ability to borrow and lend money to the AA may confound or even prohibit that).

And finally, if you want your taxable value of your property and home to not be used to back any transportation infrastructure improvement of any kind Mojo, you can buy a yacht and find a nation - Greece used to do this in the day of Aristotle Onassis - that doesn't tax the value of the ships registered to that country. Of course then you'd either have to pay mooring fees, which Roberts' court would liken to a transportation infrastructure tax designed to support the dock, or just set sail on the ocean to avoid all sorts of fees.

Just hope when you're caught in a hurricane, that land lubbers will keep paying for the Coast Guard they don't use because you're against funding, having or taking part in any part of the transportation infrastructure supported by tax dollars.

pubby

PS: The thing is this mojo, we live in a very complex society with a tremendous amount of diversity which is accommodated in aggregate by the collective will of all members of the society to create all sort of opportunities. All of us benefit from this collective approach even though some of us never benefit or take advantage of every opportunity. It boggles the mind but it is what it is. If you eliminate all the 'airports' that aren't sustained by the market, then the ones that are would begin failing.

The really, really sad part about all this is the notion that you can have a society comprised only of winners. That is more 'impossible' than jumping into a car and driving at five times the speed of light.

pubby

And the sad part is... Our hurting neighbors can take my post, your post and $3.75 into Starbucks and they might be able to get a cup of coffee. More help than anyone else here in Paulding County is offering as of today.

I am looking forward to seeing you tomorrow and Thursday.

This meeting is tonight 2/27/14. I hope everyone finds the time to attend. Should last about an hour and 1/2.

Last only an hour and a half...LOL! PATTI & K.V. will march around and wave there hands while PONTICICATING that long! and HEAVEN forbid if a camera is there, if one is DO NOT get between them and it or you will get hurt!!!

• Like 1
<br />Last only an hour and a half...LOL!  PATTI & K.V. will march around and wave there hands while PONTICICATING that long!  and HEAVEN forbid if a camera is there, if one is DO NOT get between them and it or you will get hurt!!!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Instead of running off at the mouth, why don't you put your money where your mouth is, and attend the meeting? Other than your playing here on P.com you may learn something. Bring your friends.

• Like 1
<br />Last only an hour and a half...LOL!  PATTI & K.V. will march around and wave there hands while PONTICICATING that long!  and HEAVEN forbid if a camera is there, if one is DO NOT get between them and it or you will get hurt!!!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

People have a tendency to treat people with the same respect they are given. ;)

Last only an hour and a half...LOL! PATTI & K.V. will march around and wave there hands while PONTICICATING that long! and HEAVEN forbid if a camera is there, if one is DO NOT get between them and it or you will get hurt!!!

I sure would enjoy your company, and would very much like to meet and talk with you face to face, Heck bring your camera and we can have a one on one face to face.

With your great knowledge of the airport and the proper way to run a airport I am quite sure that we would be able to give the airport Board some suggestions as to how to create more than three jobs for $67,000,000. Oh... do bring along your handlers Pubby And David I am sure we could enlightened them a bit. Who knows.. you may even get to meet Patti face to face and tell her in a interview some of the things you spewed on here.

There is something special about those face to face encounters

that is missing when you hide behind a avatar and spew remarks like you do.

Heck wear your I support the airport expansion shirts that you so proudly expound about daily. Come to the BOC PCAA and IBA meetings and give your team support. Stand up and speak out at the meetings and support your cause, Do some door to door canvasing carry Pubby and David along.... get out in the real world hear what the citizens are saying.

In summary CPR you are much like some you are supporting, You will hide behind the secrecy of a Avatar, But you would never get on face book or at a meeting and say the things you say on this board, To put it on simple terms you are a gutless wonder.

• Like 4

It seems you never have anything nice to say especially when someone else really reaches out to be nice then you've got an attack, put down or snide remark to add.

Let me be clear... I am in favor of job creation at the airport and anywhere else in Paulding County. I especially wish to learn now Commercial Air Service can be a positive thing for our community. I want to hear how WE can reassure our neighbors WE will support them. I have an idea... Let's meet so you can share the positive aspects of Commercial Air Service to me. You name the time, place and attendees. One suggestion on place and attendees is Chairman Austin has said his door is open, I'm ready to meet, the only missing link is you.

Edited by mojo413

I sure would enjoy your company, and would very much like to meet and talk with you face to face, Heck bring your camera and we can have a one on one face to face.

With your great knowledge of the airport and the proper way to run a airport I am quite sure that we would be able to give the airport Board some suggestions as to how to create more than three jobs for $67,000,000. Oh... do bring along your handlers Pubby And David I am sure we could enlightened them a bit. Who knows.. you may even get to meet Patti face to face and tell her in a interview some of the things you spewed on here.

There is something special about those face to face encounters

that is missing when you hide behind a avatar and spew remarks like you do.

Heck wear your I support the airport expansion shirts that you so proudly expound about daily. Come to the BOC PCAA and IBA meetings and give your team support. Stand up and speak out at the meetings and support your cause, Do some door to door canvasing carry Pubby and David along.... get out in the real world hear what the citizens are saying.

In summary CPR you are much like some you are supporting, You will hide behind the secrecy of a Avatar, But you would never get on face book or at a meeting and say the things you say on this board, To put it on simple terms you are a gutless wonder.

Actually I am out there daily meeting folks as I go about my daily business, talking about the Airport and other things related to Paulding County. I have been "face to face" with you, Patti, Pubby, the drama queen, the AJC gal, the Channel 46 guy, the neighbor news guy, & the Channel 2 guy. I also spoke with the DELTA pilot and the union rep at two different meetings. I visit with all the commissioners...including TODD...as well as Mayor's Boyd and Doris. You see I have got a VERY good grasp of EXACTLY where most folks are with this matter.

Now if this hasn't narrowed down yet for you who I am...well that's kinda how I like it....

• Like 1
<br />Actually I am out there daily meeting folks as I go about my daily business, talking about the Airport and other things related to Paulding County.  I have been &quot;face to face&quot; with you, Patti, Pubby, the drama queen, the AJC gal, the Channel 46 guy, the neighbor news guy, &amp; the Channel 2 guy.  I also spoke with the DELTA pilot and the union rep at two different meetings.  I visit with all the commissioners...including TODD...as well as Mayor's Boyd and Doris.  You see I have got a VERY good grasp of EXACTLY where most folks are with this matter.  <br /><br />Now if this hasn't narrowed down yet for you who I am...well that's kinda how I like it....<br />
<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />You would NEVER EVER let ANYONE know who you are, you don't have the gonads. Plus the fact you could never get away with the garbage and snide remarks you make if face to face. You impress me as a person who enjoys bulling behind the key board.
  • Like 2

<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />You would NEVER EVER let ANYONE know who you are, you don't have the gonads. Plus the fact you could never get away with the garbage and snide remarks you make if face to face. You impress me as a person who enjoys bulling behind the key board.

I guess if that's the case I should switch sides as you are describing yourself and THE STOP ALL PROGRESS IN PAULDING GROUP to a tee! Actually I am only trying to make you folks see how SILLY you sound to the OTHER 150,000+ Paulding County residents! Must be doing pretty good...sure lit a fire under you and K.V.

Edited by Concerned Pldg Resident

If you just cannot make the meeting, it will be live streamed starting at 7:00, you can catch it here: http://www.ustream.t...ny-live-worship

Of course you will miss the information both groups will be handing out, if you can make it we'd like to see you.

The ProtectPaulding group will be there as well.

Edited by tundra
<br />I guess if that's the case I should switch sides as you are describing yourself and THE STOP ALL PROGRESS IN PAULDING GROUP to a tee!  Actually I am only trying to make you folks see how SILLY you sound to the OTHER 150,000+ Paulding County residents!  Must be doing pretty good...sure lit a fire under you and K.V.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Seriously. Are you dyslexic? You must be because you don't comprehend anything about the Stop Airport Expansion movement. They are not a STOP ALL PROGRESS MOVEMENT. Get it?

• Like 1

If you just cannot make the meeting, it will be live streamed starting at 7:00, you can catch it here: http://www.ustream.t...ny-live-worship

Of course you will miss the information both groups will be handing out, if you can make it we'd like to see you.

The ProtectPaulding group will be there as well.

Live link is not working

Wow.

Collusion, seriously.

You know, I really wanted this airport thing to work, but not like this.

What they have done is wrong on so many levels.

Regardless if you were for it or against it, you should open your eyes to what our representatives are doing and have done.

Wrong is wrong. If it weren't for concerned citizens like the ones at this meeting and the other meetings, we would have all sit here led by the nose like blind sheep, including myself.

I just don't know how people can be so callous and power hungry.

At this moment I feel that David is no better than Jerry. Maybe worse.

• Like 9

Wow.

Collusion, seriously.

You know, I really wanted this airport thing to work, but not like this.

What they have done is wrong on so many levels.

Regardless if you were for it or against it, you should open your eyes to what our representatives are doing and have done.

Wrong is wrong.  If it weren't for concerned citizens like the ones at this meeting and the other meetings, we would have all sit here led by the nose like blind sheep, including myself.

I just don't know how people can be so callous and power hungry.

At this moment I feel that David is no better than Jerry. Maybe worse.

The question is, have they broken the law?

Laws do not have to be moral or fair.

You can say they are mean, immoral,unfair, greedy and just plain wrong all day long.

Our taxes pay for the lawyers that keep them from breaking the law. At the end of the day that is really all there is to it.

They may all lose their post eventually but nobody can break the law to overturn what they have done. We are one of the most conservative counties in the country, and we act surprised by this?

Everyone that attended this meeting and hoped to learn something should remember one important thing. You heard one side of the story. And only what the folks with either an axe to grind or had a political agenda wanted you to hear...