Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
buckfever

schools

Wish we could find out soon. Son has been studying for tests that will remain on schedule for Friday. If we won't be back for a week, I would like to give him a reprieve today.

I'm guessing no school since the PTA just posted that we will be resuming staff appreciation activities after winter break.

Edited by Happy Wife And Mom

I am betting they will be opened. The road in front of my house is dry. I live in a subdivision. I am going to go check out the roads in just a few min. I will let you know when I get home how they are.

I am checking the school site and it keeps getting a server error. Maybe putting something up there.

Edited by jmd

This would've been more fun as a poll. It would also give the poll troll something to bring up in July.

Personally I think they should just call this week a wash, and have the kids go back next week. All the hand wringing in stupid. Put the kids education first.

I really hope they don't ASSUME we'll know there's school and not put out a call or post it. Even though many roads are clear which might make us think school is on, there's a lot of standing water on our road (for example) & it's supposed to get down to 29 degrees before the sun comes up.

Are Cobb schools closed, Paulding usually does whatever Cobb does?

Cobb had scheduled teacher work/ furlough days Wednesday thru Friday this week

. Next Monday and Tuesday are holidays/student holidays for them too!

I am checking the school site and it keeps getting a server error. Maybe putting something up there.

Hope so...or maybe too many people trying to check!!! Hope we hear soon!!!

Edited by happy6

County government staff report at noon; I really hope they don't expect the kiddos to be on the roads at 7am

Agree if the courthouse and the government building are not opening until 12 noon why would they would want the kids and buses on the road before 7am.

This would've been more fun as a poll. It would also give the poll troll something to bring up in July.

Personally I think they should just call this week a wash, and have the kids go back next week. All the hand wringing in stupid. Put the kids education first.

I agree. Even if I had a vacation planned, I would agree. How many full weeks have they attended since Christmas break? 2? It seems like it. At this point I'm genuinely concerned about my kids education. All of the intterruptions aren't good.

Paulding County Sheriff Departments facebook site just posted the Paulding County schools will be closed tomorrow Friday 2/14/14, but staff is to report at 10:00 am.

<br />Paulding County Schools will be closed. Staff reports at 10.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I have look everywhere and haven't found it yet or notified. Can't get on their site. okay just got the notification and it said 190 day employees report at 10. I am guessing that means 12 month staff too. Wish their site would come up. My son is disappointed. He wanted to be there...you know how it is with valentine's day.

<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />I have look everywhere and haven't found it yet or notified.  Can't get on their site. okay just got the notification and it said 190 day employees report at 10.  I am guessing that means 12 month staff too.  Wish their site would come up.  My son is disappointed.  He wanted to be there...you know how it is with valentine's day.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I've noticed the school's facebook page is usually updated before the website.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Paulding-County-School-District/181210968578755

direct link to post about Friday...

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=722576954442151&id=181210968578755&stream_ref=10

<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />I have look everywhere and haven't found it yet or notified.  Can't get on their site. okay just got the notification and it said 190 day employees report at 10.  I am guessing that means 12 month staff too.  Wish their site would come up.  My son is disappointed.  He wanted to be there...you know how it is with valentine's day.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I just got the call, it's closed.

Per PCSD -- We will have Winter Break as scheduled February 17-21. Any need or plan for make-up days will be communicated as soon as possible.

Just got home. Roads where mostly clear and dry.. Jut got the call about a hour ago, no school tomorrow.

We went down hwy 120 and 278.

Edited by orrby