Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
jmd

post your road conditions here

120 at 381 bp gas station pregnant woman in bmw water broke. no pain. 40 weeks pregnant.<br /><br />Nebo at mcclung tree blocking east bound lane.

Edited by jmd

From PC Sheriff's Office Facebook Page:

Winter weather has arrived in Paulding County. Please do not test the roads, they are extremely slick already.

tree in road is weeping willow. Said dot is sending crew over to take care of tree. Officer states its not really into the road and vehicles can get around it. Most of tree is in yard with branches in roadway.

Cars (and I mean CARS) are going down Hiram Sudie. Did see a Jeep and a truck, but also a couple of cars. What part of KEEP OFF THE ROADS do they not understand??

<br />Cars (and I mean CARS) are going down Hiram Sudie. Did see a Jeep and a truck, but also a couple of cars. What part of KEEP OFF THE ROADS do they not understand??<br />
<br /><br /><br />

You know how some people are -- despite the warnings of staying off the roads, they just got to go out and see for themselves...Talk about being stupid...

• Like 2

My husband tried to make it home from Cartersville at about 7:00 this morning. Ran off the road, got pulled out by a nice guy in a Jeep Cherokee and went back to work where he will stay until probably Thursday night. He works for the Bartow County road department so he has to be at work no matter what. Not trying to come home again any time soon.

<br />My husband tried to make it home from Cartersville at about 7:00 this morning.  Ran off the road, got pulled out by a nice guy in a Jeep Cherokee and went back to work where he will stay until probably Thursday night.  He works for the Bartow County road department so he has to be at work no matter what.  Not trying to come home again any time soon.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Glad he is ok.. Some people assume people are out there out of stupidity when in reality if a lot of those weren't out there we would be screwed... Moral of the story... Don't judge...

• Like 2

I can not believe some of the thought process of some businesses. My daughter who is a pharmacist for a major drugstore chain was told she "needs" to come to work. Her store manager slept there overnight so the store could be open today. My daughter drove in from Procter rd. in Yorkville area. She left her G8 at home and used their 3500 dually 4X4 to get there. I told her she should have told them to shove it.

. You know and I know that that store will not have enough business today to cover the overhead and salaries on a day like today.

Oldest son just went from Dallas Hwy, to New Hope and back to Hiram Sudie. Only reason was to take DIL to work--she works for Metro. He has old 4x4 and said that he didn't have any problem except for Hiram Sudie was slick.

I know that he has no business on the roads, but she was expected to be at work and it was better for him to take her than her try and drive her little car. At least his old truck is much heavier and he normally doesn't have any problems.

And it always seems that DIL is on duty when these weather conditions happen.

I Just heard that there is spaghetti in the middle of Ridge Road.... that someone left??????

I am listening to scanner My linkscanner

I just heard it again!?!?!?

911 is really concerned about this spaghetti!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, it might be the FIRE

PUBBY, can you post this on your site for people to listen

and we can all chime in since we (most) are in the house :good:

120 at 381 bp gas station pregnant woman in bmw water broke. no pain. 40 weeks pregnant.<br /><br />Nebo at mcclung tree blocking east bound lane.

I hope she got to the hospital and she and the baby are doing well. I am very glad that I am not 40 weeks.

I can not believe some of the thought process of some businesses. My daughter who is a pharmacist for a major drugstore chain was told she "needs" to come to work. Her store manager slept there overnight so the store could be open today. My daughter drove in from Procter rd. in Yorkville area. She left her G8 at home and used their 3500 dually 4X4 to get there. I told her she should have told them to shove it.

. You know and I know that that store will not have enough business today to cover the overhead and salaries on a day like today.

I agree.... the place my aunt works, wanted them to spend the night... this place is not a public place.. ( store, ER job, ect) this is a private company). she told them no

I agree.... the place my aunt works, wanted them to spend the night... this place is not a public place.. ( store, ER job, ect) this is a private company). she told them no

Back in 2004/5 when we had that snow and ice, I worked at publix. They told me I had to come in and I was in Marietta at the time and my store was in Woodstock. I was actually going to try until I called my daddy and told him my plan. He told me to call them back and tell them to shove it since the car I was risking was not my own (is now) and he believes in keeping his daughter safe (awwww). So I called Publix back and told them what Daddy told me, they said well we can send someone to get you. I told them no, if it isn't worth my life it isn't worth the life of someone else. I stayed home that day. Later, I learned they had only 6 customers that entire day.

<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Where on 61?  Hwy 61 is a loooong road.<br /><br />TIA<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I tried listening back and couldn't find it.

61 is where my husband went off the road this morning. It is a long and hilly road. Heck, it's a dangerous road when it's NOT icy or snowy!

The main roads aren't that bad, just wet with some spots having slush or small patches of ice. Smaller side roads are fairly passable, they have slush and ice. As long as you don't do anything stupid you should be fine on the main roads. The smaller roads you might want to avoid if you don't have 4WD. My tires spun some in 2WD, no problem at all in 4WD.

Hwy 92 & Pine Valley Rd there is a little black truck off in the ditch across from pine valley

I have not left the house in two days but does anyone know how Morning side dr to 92 to Brownsville rd is? Im coming from Arnold ln. Im suppose to be to work at 7:30 am. Thanks. =)

I don't know how those particular roads are, but my husband and I just drive to Marietta from Hiram bc my dog needed to go the Emergrncy vet. 120/bill caruth were bad, Barrett pkwy was bad and 41 was bad. There were tracks where cars went thru them, but I'm glad we were in a 4 wd truck. Be careful driving in the morning.

<br />I don't know how those particular roads are, but my husband and I just drive to Marietta from Hiram bc my dog needed to go the Emergrncy vet.  120/bill caruth were bad, Barrett  pkwy was bad and 41 was bad.  There were tracks where cars went thru them, but I'm glad we were in a 4 wd truck.   Be careful driving in the morning.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

hope your dog was okay.

Has anyone ventured out this morning? The interstates look pretty good but I'm not sure I can get to an interstate. My subdivision has had zero traffic yesterday and this morning. And I have to go up hills to get to Sweetwater Church. My boss is on her way to work from Conyers but I'm not sure I'm going. Even if it warms up and melts today, it won't be off the roads unless somebody plows the slush off. It is snowing pretty hard right now at my house. We have about 2 inches of snow on the ground and it's still snowing.

I don't know how those particular roads are, but my husband and I just drive to Marietta from Hiram bc my dog needed to go the Emergrncy vet. 120/bill caruth were bad, Barrett pkwy was bad and 41 was bad. There were tracks where cars went thru them, but I'm glad we were in a 4 wd truck. Be careful driving in the morning.

I hope your dog will be ok.

I hope your dog will be ok.

Thank you, he had to have emergency surgery for bloat. He got out of surgery around 4:30 am. Dr had to remove part of his stomach and spleen, but he is hopefully on the road to recovery. Thank goodness we had a truck that could get us there and thank goodness cobb emergency vet was open (the one in lithia springs was closed). The roads weren't fun at all, and that was before all the extra snow finished falling.

I just talked to my boss and she drove in to work in Atlanta from Conyers. She said the roads are "fine" because the snow is covering the ice and you can get good traction. I'm sure that won't be the case when people start driving on the snow and it's down to ice again. I'm not going to try it. It has stopped snowing here and it is very pretty with all the snow on the tree limbs. My power flickered on and off about 10 minutes ago though.

<br />Thank you,  he had to have emergency surgery for bloat.  He got out  of surgery around 4:30 am.  Dr had to remove part of his stomach and spleen, but  he is hopefully on the road to recovery.  Thank goodness we had a truck that could get us there and thank goodness cobb emergency vet was open (the one in lithia springs was closed).  The roads weren't fun at all, and that was before all the extra snow finished falling.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Do you have a Dane?

Power line down on Mulberry way. Cedar creek sub off 61.

Thank you. Luckily our vet called it closed for the day. Hope your pup makes a full recovery!!!

Thank you, he had to have emergency surgery for bloat. He got out of surgery around 4:30 am. Dr had to remove part of his stomach and spleen, but he is hopefully on the road to recovery. Thank goodness we had a truck that could get us there and thank goodness cobb emergency vet was open (the one in lithia springs was closed). The roads weren't fun at all, and that was before all the extra snow finished falling.

I'm glad you got him there in time. What kind of dog is he ?