Paulding.com

On Wednesday February 5 , 2013 the Paulding County Commissioners, Paulding County Airport authority, And the Paulding County Industrial Building Authority was dealt a severe blow in their effort to stonewall a citizens group from having their day in court.

I am sure most of you are aware that a group of citizens intervened in the issuing of a bond for the purpose of widening and extending the taxi way to make the airport capable of providing commercial passenger service.

In December 2013 the above case was heard in the Paulding County Superior Court and the judge subsequently ruled that the County Commissioners could in fact issue the bonds for the project.

Upon further review it was determined that this case was very similar to prior cases that had been heard by the Supreme Court of the State Of Georgia, In which the plaintiffs had prevailed. And, It was determination to appeal the above case to the Georgia Supreme Court.

As a result of this case and another case involving loans from the IBA the airport construction project is slowly grinding to a halt, and more tax dollars are needed to fund the airport expansion.

The county filed a suit seeking $1,000,000 bond from the plaintiffs be posted in the event the Georgia Supreme Court ruled in favor of the county, And claimed that damages could exceed several hundred thousands of dollars.

Testimony revealed a couple of interesting things. First the entire project was started before the county even asked for a bond to be issued thus the need for the loan from the IBA, And Secondly the PCAA nor the County had used other means of funding available. Testimony revealed that of all the major banks, no one had approached any of the banks requesting a loan whereas the project could be continued without interruption, In fact a sarcastic remark was made under oath that the County did not even ask Delta Credit Union for a loan this remark was un solicited by the attorney. And was uncalled for

This hearing was a classic example of a County Commission using tax payer dollars to deny citizens their day in court.

The mentality of the leaders of this county really surfaced in this hearing, And, it should be noted again that the PCAA and the Chairman of the Board of Commissioners David Austin, Mayor Boyd Austin, Mayor Doris Devey, And the CEO/president of the Chamber were all aware that no funding was in place prior to starting this project.

The Judge ruled, Against, The county and the requirement of the bond was denied. The original case will now be heard by the Georgia Supreme Court Without, the requirement of posting a $1,000,000 bond

To further point out the games being played by the County with your tax dollars all a person has to do is look at the Chamber Meeting Video where Brett Smith was the featured speaker and the question and, answer, session that ensued on this very part of the airport expansion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rqFRrCBMrA tune in around the 42.00 minute mark for the full discussions of this part of the airport expansion….. Are we hearing this right…. Has our partner in this endeavor offered to pay for the expansion and the county still filed suit against some citizens?

Folks it is past time for the commissioners to end this game with our tax dollars, The mismanagement of the airport will continue as long as we allow it. Stand up and be counted

• Like 3
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That shows him to be what we have already determined he is....a coward, who is already owned and controlled my the puppeteers, ....THE FIRM, as well as the cadre of ROBBER BARON MEGA DEVELOPERS still

<br /><br /><br />  You sir are TRULY a SAD SAD individual who has such a horrible outlook on life in Paulding County. You have complete disregard for seemingly EVERY elected offic

I can only say you are full of chit.   You ask anyone directly involved with Economic Development here for the last 20 years where I have stood, and what I have done, and what I continue to do. I ca

Thank you Whitey. I was at that chamber breakfast and I clearly heard Mr. Smith say he would pay if the bonds were delayed.

I really was amazed when I looked at the video last night and heard what Mr. Smith said.

All this bull chit that was talked about during yesterday's hearing was completely unnecessary, And what made this so bad was Blake Swafford was the star witness for the county yesterday and he was standing right beside Brett Smith at the chamber meeting in December when the statement was made.

What is the County, PCAA and the IBA thinking about.... Why would they rather file suit against a group of tax paying citizens as opposed to allowing their "partner" pay for the construction and let him get reimbursed by the FAA.

Shaking my head in disgust with the actions that took place in Superior court yesterday...... What a waste of tax dollars!!!

<br />I really was amazed when I looked at the video last night and heard what Mr. Smith said.<br /> All this bull chit that was talked about during yesterday's hearing was completely unnecessary, And what made this so bad was Blake Swafford was the star witness for the county yesterday and he was standing right beside Brett Smith at the  chamber meeting in December when the statement was made.<br /><br />What is the County, PCAA and the IBA thinking about.... Why would they rather file suit against a group of tax paying citizens as opposed to allowing their "partner" pay for the construction and let him get reimbursed by the FAA.<br /><br />Shaking my head in disgust with the actions that took place in Superior court yesterday...... What a waste of tax dollars!!!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

They are trying to bully the citizens.

I HATE a bully

I really was amazed when I looked at the video last night and heard what Mr. Smith said.

All this bull chit that was talked about during yesterday's hearing was completely unnecessary, And what made this so bad was Blake Swafford was the star witness for the county yesterday and he was standing right beside Brett Smith at the  chamber meeting in December when the statement was made.

What is the County, PCAA and the IBA thinking about.... Why would they rather file suit against a group of tax paying citizens as opposed to allowing their "partner" pay for the construction and let him get reimbursed by the FAA.

Shaking my head in disgust with the actions that took place in Superior court yesterday...... What a waste of tax dollars!!!

Like the $1.5MILLION+++ they have spent in litigation against us, JUST TO KEEP US OUT OF THE COURTROOM!!!!

Not 1 minute in court to date on the actual merits or details involved with the suits. Just litigation and smokescreen to make us have to pay and pay and pay simply to exercise our RIGHT, guarranteed by the first amendment to seek redress against government.

I guess we need to ask our congressment and Senators to support a new ammendment to the constitution, modifying the 1st Amendment Clause to include making it a prerequisite that any citizen wishing to exercise their 1st Amendment Rights must have at least $500,000 in order to be qualified to do so.

Stop to consider, we met with Mr Austin, and Mr Graham and Mr Pownall, and discussed, in March 2009 when the bill for the county was $750,000 and $175,000 for us....that they pay our legal fees of $175,000, and throw the developer under the bus, making him responsible for fighting us. To date, the actual developer has only spent $13,000 in legal fees. The county has been providing the litigating money.....yet the BOC yells and screams it is unfair if Delta is assisting the paulding residents who are trying to exercise their 1st Amendment rights.

Instead, Mr Austin and company have paid more than another $750,000 for a total now far exceeding $1,500,000, instead of settling with us.

You can pretty much predict what they will do from here on out, and it will be to hunker down and fight, right or wrong, just because they can.

<br /><br /><br />

They are trying to bully the citizens.

I HATE a bully

And just think they are using tax dollars to bully citizens, into accepting the expansion of the airport for commercial passenger service that a vast majority of the citizens do not want.

And using tax dollars to pay for the expansion itself, When is this madness going to stop.

<br /><br /><br />

Like the $1.5MILLION+++ they have spent in litigation against us, JUST TO KEEP US OUT OF THE COURTROOM!!!!

Not 1 minute in court to date on the actual merits or details involved with the suits. Just litigation and smokescreen to make us have to pay and pay and pay simply to exercise our RIGHT, guarranteed by the first amendment to seek redress against government.

I guess we need to ask our congressment and Senators to support a new ammendment to the constitution, modifying the 1st Amendment Clause to include making it a prerequisite that any citizen wishing to exercise their 1st Amendment Rights must have at least $500,000 in order to be qualified to do so.

Stop to consider, we met with Mr Austin, and Mr Graham and Mr Pownall, and discussed, in March 2009 when the bill for the county was $750,000 and $175,000 for us....that they pay our legal fees of $175,000, and throw the developer under the bus, making him responsible for fighting us. To date, the actual developer has only spent $13,000 in legal fees. The county has been providing the litigating money.....yet the BOC yells and screams it is unfair if Delta is assisting the paulding residents who are trying to exercise their 1st Amendment rights.

Instead, Mr Austin and company have paid more than another $750,000 for a total now far exceeding $1,500,000, instead of settling with us.

You can pretty much predict what they will do from here on out, and it will be to hunker down and fight, right or wrong, just because they can.

Yes but......This county cannot afford a legal fight with Hartsfield Jackson airport, The city of Atlanta, And other industries that the County has decided to compete against.

I believe the County made a silly and miscalculated decision to compete in this arena.

• Like 1

And just think they are using tax dollars to bully citizens, into accepting the expansion of the airport for commercial passenger service that a vast majority of the citizens do not want.

And using tax dollars to pay for the expansion itself, When is this madness going to stop.

It will end when the lying asshats leave office.....or are shown the door by the voters.

You would think with all this controversy they would be at least initiating, and hosting, town hall type meetings.

I guess the next step is to see if the citizens against the airport expansion can get a referendum onto the ballot in May. It is obvious the Board of Commissioners has no interest in doing this....to publicly ask the voters what they want.

To me the most obvious plan would be for the BoC to ask our legislators to amend the laws as they now stand, to require a public referendum for any more money to be spent at the airport.

If they are so, so sure of themselves, as they claim to be in our lawsuits, why not let the voters decide for themselves ?

Could it be they are scared of how the voters will vote ?

<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />It will end when the lying asshats leave office.....or are shown the door by the voters.<br /><br />You would think with all this controversy they would be at least initiating, and hosting, town hall type meetings.<br /><br />I guess the next step is to see if the citizens against the airport expansion can get a referendum onto the ballot in May. It is obvious the Board of Commissioners has no interest in doing this....to publicly ask the voters what they want.<br /><br />To me the most obvious plan would be for the BoC to ask our legislators to amend the laws as they now stand, to require a public referendum for any more money to be spent at the airport.<br /><br />If they are so, so sure of themselves, as they claim to be in our lawsuits, why not let the voters decide for themselves ?<br /><br />Could it be they are scared of how the voters will vote ?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Betcha that David will not call for anymore townhall meetings,not after the one up here in burnt hickory when he had over 200 folks yelling at him.

• Like 2

<br /><br /><br />

Betcha that David will not call for anymore townhall meetings,not after the one up here in burnt hickory when he had over 200 folks yelling at him.

That shows him to be what we have already determined he is....a coward, who is already owned and controlled my the puppeteers, ....THE FIRM, as well as the cadre of ROBBER BARON MEGA DEVELOPERS still hanging around waiting for their feeding trough to open up again.

If you can't stand the heat David, you might want to consider getting the hell out of the kitchen. You own the citizen taxpayers of this county explanations as to why you and your little group have decided you know best, regardless of what the citizens want.

Why not call for a May referendum ? Scared of the results ?

• Like 6
<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />That shows him to be what we have already determined he is....a coward, who is already owned and controlled my the puppeteers, ....THE FIRM, as well as the cadre of ROBBER BARON MEGA DEVELOPERS still hanging around waiting for their feeding trough to open up again.<br /><br />If you can't stand the heat David, you might want to consider getting the hell out of the kitchen.  You own the citizen taxpayers of this county explanations as to why you and your little group have decided you know best, regardless of what the citizens want.<br /><br />Why not call for a May referendum ?  Scared of the results ?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

You sir are TRULY a SAD SAD individual who has such a horrible outlook on life in Paulding County. You have complete disregard for seemingly EVERY elected official here now and who has ever been in office here. There is obviously NOTHING anyone can do to appease you and until your lawsuit is resolved you are obviously going to BEAT that drum until you wear it out! I have an IDEA...WHY don't YOU run for office and let's see if you can do any better...then see how you like folks coming on here bashing hell out of you and your family!

<br /><br /><br />

You sir are TRULY a SAD SAD individual who has such a horrible outlook on life in Paulding County. You have complete disregard for seemingly EVERY elected official here now and who has ever been in office here. There is obviously NOTHING anyone can do to appease you and until your lawsuit is resolved you are obviously going to BEAT that drum until you wear it out! I have an IDEA...WHY don't YOU run for office and let's see if you can do any better...then see how you like folks coming on here bashing hell out of you and your family!

You have no idea, surepip has lost everything he has including his health because of all he's been through. Shame on you. You have no compassion, do you?

<br /><br /><br />

Have you thought about visiting with Surepip and seeing for yourself just how he was damaged?

How would you like for someone to be building across the street from you and they just come take some of your property because they wanted it to enhance their build able space?

I suggest for once you stand in his shoes before you bash him.

• Like 1

<br /><br /><br />

You are the sad individual because you don't gave a damn about anyone but yourself. The rest of us have to live

with this crap that the elected officials did to the people of paulding. Yes I hope we can "beat the drum" until either it

or the elected officials wear out. Now it comes out that it is going to cost more because they didn't do it right

the first time. Why don't you run for office so we can vote against you like we are going to do to the ones there now.

• Like 1

<br /><br /><br />

You sir are TRULY a SAD SAD individual who has such a horrible outlook on life in Paulding County.  You have complete disregard for seemingly EVERY elected official here now and who has ever been in office here.  There is obviously NOTHING anyone can do to appease you and until your lawsuit is resolved you are obviously going to BEAT that drum until you wear it out!  I have an IDEA...WHY don't YOU run for office and let's see if you can do any better...then see how you like folks coming on here bashing hell out of you and your family!

First I will repost this:

"BB

I wanted to reply to this from the hospital but couldn't.

We now have an A+ Industrial Office Park, with covenants and restrictions as the other parks should have had.

They are talking another $10 Million for just the work at the airport already slated, and another $30 Million over 5 years.

Take that money and build A+ Spec buildings in the commerce park,....100.000 square feet that can be divided, with a loading bay per 5,000 SF. And a couple of specific buildings, 50,000 or so.

Put up 10, 12, 15 buildings that can be rented whole, or sub divided.

And rent them. Might even get lucky and sell one, although I doubt that. Leasing is the way to go.

When the Phase 1 of the Commerce Park is leased out, and Phase 2 underway, .......THEN, start working on spending some of the profit from those lease incomes on the airport land for MROs and others businesses offsite.

Take the bird in the hand, not the pie in the sky in the bushes.

Businesses, light manufacturing, warehousing, distribution centers, etc. WILL NOT COME HERE AND PUT UP THERE OWN BULDINGS.

We got VERY lucky with Interroll. Very, very lucky. It won't happen again soon.

All these housing groups know, and realize, they have to have a substantial inventory in order to sell them.

It is the same for industry. There has to be an inventory of NICE buildings in NICE parks, of which we have ZERO.

That will generate rental income, and bring many, many more good jobs then what the pie in the sky airport scams are projecting. Take the bird in the hand for now, and let it grow the rest. "

I cannot get the quote brackets to work.

Now, to your comments on me, and the county.

Please ask Economic Development how much time and effort I have devoted to them ?

How many companies I have tried to bring into Paulding, only to find out and realize with no available buildings, there is no place for them to move into.

How many leads I have given them, even though the BoC and the other authorities do all they can to squash us ?

No sir, you are very very wrong in your assessment of what my wife and I have done to try to bring industry to Paulding.

I handed them 2 businesses I sublet to in the early 1990s, when their lease for our sublets were 6 months from expiring. All they had to do was find them a place to move into. They were already here, with 2500 square feet and office personnel.

1 moved to Bloomington, Illinois where they now have almost 500,000 square feet, and the other to Tulsa, Ok., where they have 50,000 square feet. Both were here, and would still be here if our BOC and IBA had extracted their collective thumbs from their butts and found them a place to move to. We had them and lost them.

But I have continued to try and move other businesses here. From Belgium, Holland, Brasil and France. But could never get any interest from the BoC or IBA to find them buildings to move to.

Interroll was a great deal. I was an Interroll dealer from 1990 until 2005 when I shut down. They are a great company. Ask the Economic Development Group about my role with Interroll. I have not asked for nor expect any kudos, but even with the way the BoC has treated us, and our lawsuits, I do keep trying to do whatever I can to bring light industry and warehouse/distribution centers to Paulding.

But they need buildings ready to move into and we have none.

Instead, our BoC and IBA keep promoting the airport.

When you have a few minutes to spare, why don't you ask Mark Haney with WellStar who facilitated their purchase of the IBA option for the other 40+ acres they bought in March of 2006 which allowed them to triple the size of the footprint of the medical campus they now are going to have here. We did that, with no financial enumeration for us. We did it because someone needed to step forward and let them know they actually had an option on 40+ acres of the Palisades PRD.

The county put the stipulation into the original zoning approval for the IBA to buy that 40+ acres and sell it to WellStar, but no one with the county was willing to make WellStar aware that they had such an opportunity.

We did.

And that is what set off the war between us and the developer. We caused the developer to have to give up 40+ acres of relatively flat land and as a result, the developer had to buy 40+ acres of billy-goat land, with steep hills and ravines to come up with enough land to build his 500+ homes........of which only 100 got built.

No sir, we have been the most of ardent supporters of Paulding Development that is realistic.

The airport is pie in the sky.....no concrete plan, no long term realistic plan.

The airport is a money pit. The BoC, and PCAA as well as the IBA have so much money invested they are now wanting to invest more just to keep it afloat. I do not see it EVER giving any sort of return on investment as promised by Blake Swafford back in 2004, 2005, 2006. It is a money pit that will suck every dollar giving no return.

Put the money where it CAN offer returns. Businesses will not move here and build their own buildings. As I said before, we were very, very lucky, with Jamie Gilbert's help to land Interroll.

There are many Interroll suppliers and customers who would be willing to locate facilities here now that Interroll is here, but they need buildings to move into, and plane and simply there are none.

Why?

Ask the IBA, and the BoC. They have had the money to develop a good industrial park, and now with Interroll, they have the perfect place to do so. Why are we not financing that, instead of Blakes money pit ?

• Like 2
<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />You sir are TRULY a SAD SAD individual who has such a horrible outlook on life in Paulding County.  You have complete disregard for seemingly EVERY elected official here now and who has ever been in office here.  There is obviously NOTHING anyone can do to appease you and until your lawsuit is resolved you are obviously going to BEAT that drum until you wear it out!  I have an IDEA...WHY don't YOU run for office and let's see if you can do any better...then see how you like folks coming on here bashing hell out of you and your family!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

You really, really shouldn't go there.

• Like 3

You are the sad individual because you don't gave a damn about anyone but yourself. The rest of us have to live

with this crap that the elected officials did to the people of paulding. Yes I hope we can "beat the drum" until either it

or the elected officials wear out. Now it comes out that it is going to cost more because they didn't do it right

the first time. Why don't you run for office so we can vote against you like we are going to do to the ones there now.

Your 25 to 30 votes out of one Post will in no way effect the overall vote totals for the election, especially since the majority of you live in Todd's Post anyway and would have already voted for him!!!

&lt;br /&gt;&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;You sir are TRULY a SAD SAD individual who has such a horrible outlook on life in Paulding County.  You have complete disregard for seemingly EVERY elected official here now and who has ever been in office here.  There is obviously NOTHING anyone can do to appease you and until your lawsuit is resolved you are obviously going to BEAT that drum until you wear it out!  I have an IDEA...WHY don't YOU run for office and let's see if you can do any better...then see how you like folks coming on here bashing hell out of you and your family!

CPR: *You* are complaining about bashing people families? Really? After all of your baseless accusations and personal attacks? I wish I could give you negatives on ALL OF YOUR POSTS, but I can't. Joker.

Edited by I want my space!
  • Like 1

<br /><br /><br />

First I will repost this:

"BB

I wanted to reply to this from the hospital but couldn't.

We now have an A+ Industrial Office Park, with covenants and restrictions as the other parks should have had.

They are talking another $10 Million for just the work at the airport already slated, and another $30 Million over 5 years.

Take that money and build A+ Spec buildings in the commerce park,....100.000 square feet that can be divided, with a loading bay per 5,000 SF. And a couple of specific buildings, 50,000 or so.

Put up 10, 12, 15 buildings that can be rented whole, or sub divided.

And rent them. Might even get lucky and sell one, although I doubt that. Leasing is the way to go.

When the Phase 1 of the Commerce Park is leased out, and Phase 2 underway, .......THEN, start working on spending some of the profit from those lease incomes on the airport land for MROs and others businesses offsite.

Take the bird in the hand, not the pie in the sky in the bushes.

Businesses, light manufacturing, warehousing, distribution centers, etc. WILL NOT COME HERE AND PUT UP THERE OWN BULDINGS.

We got VERY lucky with Interroll. Very, very lucky. It won't happen again soon.

All these housing groups know, and realize, they have to have a substantial inventory in order to sell them.

It is the same for industry. There has to be an inventory of NICE buildings in NICE parks, of which we have ZERO.

That will generate rental income, and bring many, many more good jobs then what the pie in the sky airport scams are projecting. Take the bird in the hand for now, and let it grow the rest. "

I cannot get the quote brackets to work.

Now, to your comments on me, and the county.

Please ask Economic Development how much time and effort I have devoted to them ?

How many companies I have tried to bring into Paulding, only to find out and realize with no available buildings, there is no place for them to move into.

How many leads I have given them, even though the BoC and the other authorities do all they can to squash us ?

No sir, you are very very wrong in your assessment of what my wife and I have done to try to bring industry to Paulding.

I handed them 2 businesses I sublet to in the early 1990s, when their lease for our sublets were 6 months from expiring. All they had to do was find them a place to move into. They were already here, with 2500 square feet and office personnel.

1 moved to Bloomington, Illinois where they now have almost 500,000 square feet, and the other to Tulsa, Ok., where they have 50,000 square feet. Both were here, and would still be here if our BOC and IBA had extracted their collective thumbs from their butts and found them a place to move to. We had them and lost them.

But I have continued to try and move other businesses here. From Belgium, Holland, Brasil and France. But could never get any interest from the BoC or IBA to find them buildings to move to.

Interroll was a great deal. I was an Interroll dealer from 1990 until 2005 when I shut down. They are a great company. Ask the Economic Development Group about my role with Interroll. I have not asked for nor expect any kudos, but even with the way the BoC has treated us, and our lawsuits, I do keep trying to do whatever I can to bring light industry and warehouse/distribution centers to Paulding.

But they need buildings ready to move into and we have none.

Instead, our BoC and IBA keep promoting the airport.

When you have a few minutes to spare, why don't you ask Mark Haney with WellStar who facilitated their purchase of the IBA option for the other 40+ acres they bought in March of 2006 which allowed them to triple the size of the footprint of the medical campus they now are going to have here. We did that, with no financial enumeration for us. We did it because someone needed to step forward and let them know they actually had an option on 40+ acres of the Palisades PRD.

The county put the stipulation into the original zoning approval for the IBA to buy that 40+ acres and sell it to WellStar, but no one with the county was willing to make WellStar aware that they had such an opportunity.

We did.

And that is what set off the war between us and the developer. We caused the developer to have to give up 40+ acres of relatively flat land and as a result, the developer had to buy 40+ acres of billy-goat land, with steep hills and ravines to come up with enough land to build his 500+ homes........of which only 100 got built.

No sir, we have been the most of ardent supporters of Paulding Development that is realistic.

The airport is pie in the sky.....no concrete plan, no long term realistic plan.

The airport is a money pit. The BoC, and PCAA as well as the IBA have so much money invested they are now wanting to invest more just to keep it afloat. I do not see it EVER giving any sort of return on investment as promised by Blake Swafford back in 2004, 2005, 2006. It is a money pit that will suck every dollar giving no return.

Put the money where it CAN offer returns. Businesses will not move here and build their own buildings. As I said before, we were very, very lucky, with Jamie Gilbert's help to land Interroll.

There are many Interroll suppliers and customers who would be willing to locate facilities here now that Interroll is here, but they need buildings to move into, and plane and simply there are none.

Why?

Ask the IBA, and the BoC. They have had the money to develop a good industrial park, and now with Interroll, they have the perfect place to do so. Why are we not financing that, instead of Blakes money pit ?

OK...So how can someone who states all the positives you just did in the above Post be as NEGATIVE day in and day out with your vents against David and the other Commissioners as are. You NEVER have anything to say that even remotely suggest you could or would support ANY project they are involved with. I have no doubt, in fact I realize you suffered a loss with the developer you reference BUT what is it going to take for you to support the County leadership in a venture. At some point there has to be a line drawn between your lawsuit and every other County project. That's all I am saying...wasn't attacking you personally just your posted views and stances.

• Like 1
&lt;br /&gt;OK...So how can someone who states all the positives you just did in the above Post be as NEGATIVE day in and day out with your vents against David and the other Commissioners as are.  You NEVER have anything to say that even remotely suggest you could or would support ANY project they are involved with.  I have no doubt, in fact I realize you suffered a loss with the developer you reference BUT what is it going to take for you to support the County leadership in a venture.  At some point there has to be a line drawn between your lawsuit and every other County project.  That's all I am saying...wasn't attacking you personally just your posted views and stances.

Well, if our elected County leadership was:

1) Honest

2) OPEN; and

3) T R A N S P A R E N T

Like they said they would be, it wouldn't have gone down like this. And that is just regarding the Airport issue. There is more to come with the other "ventures" they have planned.

Edited by I want my space!

Your 25 to 30 votes out of one Post will in no way effect the overall vote totals for the election, especially since the majority of you live in Todd's Post anyway and would have already voted for him!!!

Here's where the rubber hits the road. The ones who know Todd know he is an honorable man.

Lengthy but I will tell you how he cared for me and another family.

My Mom moved here from SC in 1996.

My Mom died July 20, 2007.

My daughter cleaned house for Todd & his wife. My daughter recommended I list my mothers house with Todd.

Me being greedy I listed the house with a broker in New Hope who suggested a really high selling price.

The house sat till the summer of 2008 (after the market collapsed).

In the fall I listed the house with Todd.

At Christmas we heard a story from the stage at church of a father who had went to jail, while in jail his wife lost custody of the 2 kids, when the father got out the mother died. The father got his life together and got the kids back. He was living in a rented trailer. A group of guys at church adopted this family the Christmas before. A year later this father had joined the group and was helping to support another family. They ended the talk on stage mentioning the plan was to get the family out of the trailer park that year.

Todd came to me at church and suggested I rent Mom's house to this family. I did not want to be a landlord but Todd kept working on me. We ended up doing a lease purchase for 3-1/2 years then sold the house to the family. Todd waived his commissions so the single father could afford the home.

When we sold the house to the single father I realized more than the original price when I added the rental profit to the sale price. I tried to pay Todd the commission but he refused it. He had promised this contribution to help the father and felt getting it back was wrong.

During the lease purchase our daughter died suddenly. Todd was one of the first people at our door step to care for us.

Todd loves this county and the people he serves.

I'm wondering if you plan to run? If so, run on your own merits. People like me are turned off by mud slinggers.

• Like 2

<br /><br /><br />

You sir have just bashed one of the most pro growth, pro business, citizens that I can think of, and one that HAS WORKED TIRELESSLY to bring good paying jobs to Paulding County.

Surepip has worked on many different organizations within this County for the betterment of this county.

Tundra is also another person that has devoted many hours of community service as well as currently being a business owner in this County that also lives in the County.

May I suggest that you post items that are factual in nature, and refrain from the innuendo.

These commissioners made a decision to make a deal to bring commercial passenger to this county in direct conflict with previous promises from both the PCAA and even the campaign promises they made when seeking election.

It was done in a devious, sneaky, undercover, and unethical manner in direct conflict with the oath of office and ethical code that they them selves instituted. What ever Surepip has said about them they had it coming, BUT............. do know that he supported everyone of them based on some campaign promises that they made to him and many others in the Anti Airport group including myself.... Broken promises will always bring repercussions!!!

OK...So how can someone who states all the positives you just did in the above Post be as NEGATIVE day in and day out with your vents against David and the other Commissioners as are.  You NEVER have anything to say that even remotely suggest you could or would support ANY project they are involved with.  I have no doubt, in fact I realize you suffered a loss with the developer you reference BUT what is it going to take for you to support the County leadership in a venture.  At some point there has to be a line drawn between your lawsuit and every other County project.  That's all I am saying...wasn't attacking you personally just your posted views and stances.

I can only say you are full of chit.

You ask anyone directly involved with Economic Development here for the last 20 years where I have stood, and what I have done, and what I continue to do. I can only say, as above, you are full of chit.

I have never made a penny off of anything I have done to promote economic development here. I moved my business here in 1989, with 2 employees. By 1995=1996 I had 25 employees, all of whom but 1 lived in Paulding. So don't give me your BS about what I have or have not done.

I have never found any of our "Authorities", IBA, PCAA, BoC, Plannng & Zoning to be anything other than committees of sychophantic hangers on to the BoC. Most who knew absolutely NOTHING about the authority they were on. An IBA chairman who did not know what a "Dock Height Loading Bay Door" was ?!?!?!? Give me a break. If he did not know why a business would need a loading bay to drive a forklift into a truck to load or unload cargo, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE explain to me what in the hell he was doing as the Chairman of the IBA?!?!?

You guys have been drinking the BoC KookAid for so long you have no idea of where the real world is when it comes to bringing business to Paulding, as it so obvious with our illustrious Airport Authority. Please tell me the credentials of Austin, Austin, Devey, Lamount, et al for running the airport ?????

It is pretty obvious to anyone watching that none of them knows what in the hell they are doing.

Keep pissing the money down into the airport sinkhole, moneypit. None will ever come back until you get some people involved who have an idea at least of what is going on. And it is obvious none of the current members do.

Hey Calvin, are you going to give us another, "Believe you me, if it is going to be commercial I will have nothing to do with it". Yet you were just re-elected chairman again. 30+ years and growing. Must me doing one hell of a great job.

This is so absolutely pitiful it is painful to those watching our money just pour down Blakes Sinkhole.

A money pit is rapidly become an understatement. It is a sinkhole and will remain that way until we find some people to run the PCAA who have something of an idea of what it might take to make it a profitable venture.

Give the money to Jamie Gilbert and the Economic Development Group and build some spec buildings to rent/lease to prospective tennants. Then bankroll the airport with those profits.

The opposite, profits from the airport to economic development will never happen. This airport as it stands will NEVER turn a profit of 1 cent. Let alone a return on investment.

As long as you keep putting the cart in front of the horse, the pair are going nowhere.

• Like 4

Soooooo, is the Paulding County 6 (or 5 or 25) now up to 30?

FREE THE PAULDING COUNTY 6 (or 5 or 25 or 30)

• Like 1

Here's where the rubber hits the road. The ones who know Todd know he is an honorable man.

Lengthy but I will tell you how he cared for me and another family.

My Mom moved here from SC in 1996.

My Mom died July 20, 2007.

My daughter cleaned house for Todd & his wife. My daughter recommended I list my mothers house with Todd.

Me being greedy I listed the house with a broker in New Hope who suggested a really high selling price.

The house sat till the summer of 2008 (after the market collapsed).

In the fall I listed the house with Todd.

At Christmas we heard a story from the stage at church of a father who had went to jail, while in jail his wife lost custody of the 2 kids, when the father got out the mother died. The father got his life together and got the kids back. He was living in a rented trailer. A group of guys at church adopted this family the Christmas before. A year later this father had joined the group and was helping to support another family. They ended the talk on stage mentioning the plan was to get the family out of the trailer park that year.

Todd came to me at church and suggested I rent Mom's house to this family. I did not want to be a landlord but Todd kept working on me. We ended up doing a lease purchase for 3-1/2 years then sold the house to the family. Todd waived his commissions so the single father could afford the home.

When we sold the house to the single father I realized more than the original price when I added the rental profit to the sale price. I tried to pay Todd the commission but he refused it. He had promised this contribution to help the father and felt getting it back was wrong.

During the lease purchase our daughter died suddenly. Todd was one of the first people at our door step to care for us.

Todd loves this county and the people he serves.

I'm wondering if you plan to run? If so, run on your own merits. People like me are turned off by mud slinggers.

I personally know of a lot that Todd has done to help many people who have had troubles.

I have been blessed to have been asked by him to be a very small part of a very few of these things.

I also know that he has done these things without any fanfare or, as far as I am aware, ever letting people know what he has done or been a part of doing.

I also know that he has put other people in touch with someone needing help without any personal reward or looking for thanks.

An example of this is a family that is struggling, the father has the knowledge, ability and tools to do small repairs on cars.

I have personally seen Todd mention to someone needing brakes replaced to try ask this father about doing the work. Thus bringing extra money to the needy family, while also helping the person who needed brakes. Two people helped by one thoughtful suggestion.

I am not one that thinks Todd walks on water, he is a human being like the rest of us.

Fallible and subject to the same faults as the rest of the population.

However, I have never seen anything that would lead me to believe that Todd is anything but a good person who's word can be trusted as much as anyone one else's word, perhaps more than most.

I could be total wrong, I could have totally misread the man, I could have been totally fooled.

Or he could be a good guy most of the time but have hidden agendas and major faults that I am unaware of.

But as of this moment, I have no reason to disbelieve anything Todd says or doubt his character.

ETA I also know Surepip and Mrs.Surepip.

I have nothing but nice things to say about both.

Whatever Surepip's issues are with the county they have nothing to do with him being a good or bad guy.

I think we all would be a little bitter if we felt that we were dealt a bad hand in a crooked poker game, regardless of if others see it that way or not.

I know surepip to be a good man and his wife to be a great lady.

(like myself, I think surepip got real lucky in the wife department)

• Like 3

I personally know of a lot that Todd has done to help many people who have had troubles.

I have been blessed to have been asked by him to be a very small part of a very few of these things.

I also know that he has done these things without any fanfare or, as far as I am aware, ever letting people know what he has done or been a part of doing.

I also know that he has put other people in touch with someone needing help without any personal reward or looking for thanks.

An example of this is a family that is struggling, the father has the knowledge, ability and tools to do small repairs on cars.

I have personally seen Todd mention to someone needing brakes replaced to try ask this father about doing the work. Thus bringing extra money to the needy family, while also helping the person who needed brakes. Two people helped by one thoughtful suggestion.

I am not one that thinks Todd walks on water, he is a human being like the rest of us.

Fallible and subject to the same faults as the rest of the population.

However, I have never seen anything that would lead me to believe that Todd is anything but a good person who's word can be trusted as much as anyone one else's word, perhaps more than most.

I could be total wrong, I could have totally misread the man, I could have been totally fooled.

Or he could be a good guy most of the time but have hidden agendas and major faults that I am unaware of.

But as of this moment, I have no reason to disbelieve anything Todd says or doubt his character.

You sir are right on the mark with this post!!!

I personally am not at all surprised by the outcome of this hearing and in the big scheme of things, this hearing was very inconsequential. The bigger issues have been decided in favor of Paulding County and I am of the opinion that Paulding County will prevail in the airport issue when it is all said and done.

I am very, very encouraged by the support, momentum and encouraging news I am hearing from the PRO airport expansion group and I am VERY proud to be a part of this group. These are people that I personally and positively know are concerned about our county, it's well being and it's citizens.

While I am not perfect and don't have a lot of talents, I have been constantly been told throughout my life that I am very perceptive about people. I can only obviously speak for myself but, during the multiple encounters over the adult years of my life that I have had with each of our Commissioners,, I will choose any day of the week David Austin, Tommie Graham, David Carmichael, and David Barnett OVER Todd Pownall. I invite each and every one of you to do your own research. :)

[quote >ETA I also know Surepip and Mrs.Surepip.

I have nothing but nice things to say about both.

Whatever Surepip's issues are with the county they have nothing to do with him being a good or bad guy.

I think we all would be a little bitter if we felt that we were dealt a bad hand in a crooked poker game, regardless of if others see it that way or not.

I know surepip to be a good man and his wife to be a great lady.

(like myself, I think surepip got real lucky in the wife department)

Thank you sir.

Yes, I have been told many times I far out-punted my coverage when it came to getting MrsSurepip as my soulmate and wife.

And it really hurt me yesterday, on her birthday, that she had to spent her little bit of free time to come and fetch me from the clutches of Cobb Wellstar hospital. That is not a fun way to spend the last hours of your birthday.

And I was most grateful to see her pull up and take me away from that place. Nothing against the hospital, other than I don't like those places.....they are full of sick people.

<br /><br /><br />

Thank you sir.

Yes, I have been told many times I far out-punted my coverage when it came to getting MrsSurepip as my soulmate and wife.

And it really hurt me yesterday, on her birthday, that she had to spent her little bit of free time to come and fetch me from the clutches of Cobb Wellstar hospital. That is not a fun way to spend the last hours of your birthday.

And I was most grateful to see her pull up and take me away from that place. Nothing against the hospital, other than I don't like those places.....they are full of sick people.

I hope you are feeling much better Surepip and I hope you have a complete, speedy recovery!

I personally am not at all surprised by the outcome of this hearing and in the big scheme of things, this hearing was very inconsequential. The bigger issues have been decided in favor of Paulding County and I am of the opinion that Paulding County will prevail in the airport issue when it is all said and done.

I am very, very encouraged by the support, momentum and encouraging news I am hearing from the PRO airport expansion group and I am VERY proud to be a part of this group. These are people that I personally and positively know are concerned about our county, it's well being and it's citizens.

While I am not perfect and don't have a lot of talents, I have been constantly been told throughout my life that I am very perceptive about people. I can only obviously speak for myself but, during the multiple encounters over the adult years of my life that I have had with each of our Commissioners,, I will choose any day of the week David Austin, Tommie Graham, David Carmichael, and David Barnett OVER Todd Pownall. I invite each and every one of you to do your own research. :)

That is really no surprises here.

If the hearing yesterday was inconsequential as you imply why would your selected group of commissioners spend $20,000 tax dollars to hear such a case?

Given the fact that Brett Smith previously stated that he would fund the improvements until the FAA reimbursed for the work why did your elite group of commissioners insist on Brett Smith living up to his agreement instead of wasting tax dollars on attorneys fee's?

Let's see the bigger issues have been decided in Favor of the County..... Yep the environmental Assessment was a clear win for the Paulding six, Fact is it was more than asked for, They won a public Hearing that we have begged for, they asked for a EA and that was granted, The FAA shut down all construction except for the taxi way which was a plus, A judge warned the IBA to not loan the PCAA anymore money until that case can be heard and urged the parties to do the discovery ASAP (Seems the county was dragging their feet and prolonging this case) The bond intervention case has been appealed to the supreme court of the State of Georgia and at the present time has not been placed on the docket.... Oh did I mention that the supreme court has previously ruled in our favor in a similar case according to the intervenes attorney

So............ exactly which one of these cases do you feel good about... Heck I believe we will win them all, Oh I forgot you did win the hearing on the $1 million dollar loan but half of that was already spent and the other half was already invoiced for and due so the judge did allow the other money to be paid that was due.... I agree the vendor should not be penalized for the bad judgment of the PCAA BOC and the IBA. Not what exactly have you won clearly?????

So ...We had a project started without the required FAA approval, And with no funding in place the job has/will be shut down because the PCAA partner has not stepped up with his promise, no hearings scheduled any time soon and you are still optimistic.................. OKAY. Sounds as if you should be assigned to the PCAA and replace some of those there that made some of these silly decisions that got the airport in this mess............. really you would make a perfect fit none of them are qualified to run a Airport either.

• Like 1

That is really no surprises here.

If the hearing yesterday was inconsequential as you imply why would your selected group of commissioners spend $20,000 tax dollars to hear such a case?

Given the fact that Brett Smith previously stated that he would fund the improvements until the FAA reimbursed for the work why did your elite group of commissioners insist on Brett Smith living up to his agreement instead of wasting tax dollars on attorneys fee's?

Let's see the bigger issues have been decided in Favor of the County..... Yep the environmental Assessment was a clear win for the Paulding six, Fact is it was more than asked for, They won a public Hearing that we have begged for, they asked for a EA and that was granted, The FAA shut down all construction except for the taxi way which was a plus, A judge warned the IBA to not loan the PCAA anymore money until that case can be heard and urged the parties to do the discovery ASAP (Seems the county was dragging their feet and prolonging this case) The bond intervention case has been appealed to the supreme court of the State of Georgia and at the present time has not been placed on the docket.... Oh did I mention that the supreme court has previously ruled in our favor in a similar case according to the intervenes attorney

So............ exactly which one of these cases do you feel good about... Heck I believe we will win them all, Oh I forgot you did win the hearing on the $1 million dollar loan but half of that was already spent and the other half was already invoiced for and due so the judge did allow the other money to be paid that was due.... I agree the vendor should not be penalized for the bad judgment of the PCAA BOC and the IBA. Not what exactly have you won clearly?????

So ...We had a project started without the required FAA approval, And with no funding in place the job has/will be shut down because the PCAA partner has not stepped up with his promise, no hearings scheduled any time soon and you are still optimistic.................. OKAY. Sounds as if you should be assigned to the PCAA and replace some of those there that made some of these silly decisions that got the airport in this mess............. really you would make a perfect fit none of them are qualified to run a Airport either.

I can't speak for them but I can speak for me personally. I too believe that Delta is behind the lawsuits - come on, your friends won't "man up" and even answer the simple question of who is paying their attorney fees. Surely you see a problem with that. And yes, it does matter to most people with any shred of common sense that Delta might be paying their attorney's fees. Most people would understand that these people could be "being used" as scapegoats to further Delta's agenda. That would simply be disgraceful.

I applaud our Board of Commissioners, Airport Authority,etc for standing up for our county! If you don't see a problem with Delta coming in and trying to tell us how our county should be run (for the benefit of their own interests) then I feel really, really sad for you.

If you approve of Delta's behavior with regard to our airport, then you are simply being hypocritical and approving of something that you yourself constantly accuse our Commissioners of doing. You cannot ethically have it both ways Whitey............

I can't speak for them but I can speak for me personally. I too believe that Delta is behind the lawsuits - come on, your friends won't "man up" and even answer the simple question of who is paying their attorney fees. Surely you see a problem with that.

I applaud our Board of Commissioners, Airport Authority,etc for standing up for our county! If you don't see a problem with Delta coming in and trying to tell us how our county should be run (for the benefit of their own interests) then I feel really, really sad for you.

If you approve of Delta's behavior with regard to our airport, then you are simply being hypocritical and approving of something that you yourself constantly accuse our Commissioners of doing. You cannot ethically have it both ways Whitey............

To me who is paying is a non-issue. I have been very impressed with how Mr. McKnight handles himself in the courtroom. I am sure the 6 plaintiffs are enduring great personal expense just missing work. To me it's their business who represents them. While back when I said I heard Mr. McKnights services were being donated, Pubby almost threw up expecting that I was being lied too. So far it appears to me the court and "The Firm" respects Mr. McKnight. I have not seen any disrespect or Mr. McKnight being treated like an outsider who does not belong here.

In fact the visiting Judge from Cobb County honored both sides for being so professional.

This week testamony really showed just how much our appointed and elected officials blew it by not having their ducks in a row before breaking ground. I know from personal experiance just how fast Paulding County can shut you down for starting to move dirt because one i is not dotted. We need to run our county jobs with the same standards we hold our citizens to.

• Like 3

I can't speak for them but I can speak for me personally. I too believe that Delta is behind the lawsuits - come on, your friends won't "man up" and even answer the simple question of who is paying their attorney fees. Surely you see a problem with that.

I applaud our Board of Commissioners, Airport Authority,etc for standing up for our county! If you don't see a problem with Delta coming in and trying to tell us how our county should be run, then I feel really, really sad for you.

I feel really, really, really, sad for you to take the bait that the board of commissioners threw out about Delta.... First the BoC and the PCAA made a stupid, silly uncalculated decision to compete with the City of Atlanta and Hartsfield Jackson Airport for about a million of their yearly customers.

Do you really think that Paulding County with revenues of about $50 million can compete with these two entities for those estimated one million passengers they are attempting to take from them? BB that is big bucks that the City and HJ are fighting for.

Delta has a win, win either way...I cannot see where it would be one iota of difference if Delta flew out of SCF or HJ, you can rest assured that Delta will compete with anyone that flys out of Silver Comet Field. of course Pubby David and some others would have you believe that Delta is the culprit.

It really makes no difference who is paying the attorneys fees. the bottom line when all of this is said and done can we compete with the City of Atlanta, Hartsfield Jackson, and all the other airlines flying out of Atlanta.

I maintain it was a silly stupid decision to think we could, It would take at least another $100 million of investing to even come close.

Since you are pro airport I am sure that your group are privy to the business plan that the PCAAA and Silver Comet Partners LLC has laid out? Will you share that with the readers??

• Like 1

I feel really, really, really, sad for you to take the bait that the board of commissioners threw out about Delta.... First the BoC and the PCAA made a stupid, silly uncalculated decision to compete with the City of Atlanta and Hartsfield Jackson Airport for about a million of their yearly customers.

Do you really think that Paulding County with revenues of about $50 million can compete with these two entities for those estimated one million passengers they are attempting to take from them? BB that is big bucks that the City and HJ are fighting for.

Delta has a win, win either way...I cannot see where it would be one iota of difference if Delta flew out of SCF or HJ, you can rest assured that Delta will compete with anyone that flys out of Silver Comet Field. of course Pubby David and some others would have you believe that Delta is the culprit.

It really makes no difference who is paying the attorneys fees. the bottom line when all of this is said and done can we compete with the City of Atlanta, Hartsfield Jackson, and all the other airlines flying out of Atlanta.

I maintain it was a silly stupid decision to think we could, It would take at least another $100 million of investing to even come close.

Since you are pro airport I am sure that your group are privy to the business plan that the PCAAA and Silver Comet Partners LLC has laid out? Will you share that with the readers??

Your above post speaks volumes Whitey - read between the lines. I realize now what you are about and it is indeed, very sad..........

My opinion but it is appears that you truly don't care about your fellow Paulding County citizens - you are more concerned about furthering your political agenda.

Your above post speaks volumes Whitey - read between the lines. I realize now what you are about and it is indeed, very sad..........

My opinion but it is appearing that you truly don't care about your fellow Paulding County citizens - you are more concerned about furthering your political agenda.

HUH care to explain?

To me who is paying is a non-issue. I have been very impressed with how Mr. McKnight handles himself in the courtroom. I am sure the 6 plaintiffs are enduring great personal expense just missing work. To me it's their business who represents them. While back when I said I heard Mr. McKnights services were being donated, Pubby almost threw up expecting that I was being lied too. So far it appears to me the court and "The Firm" respects Mr. McKnight. I have not seen any disrespect or Mr. McKnight being treated like an outsider who does not belong here.

In fact the visiting Judge from Cobb County honored both sides for being so professional.

This week testamony really showed just how much our appointed and elected officials blew it by not having their ducks in a row before breaking ground. I know from personal experiance just how fast Paulding County can shut you down for starting to move dirt because one i is not dotted. We need to run our county jobs with the same standards we hold our citizens to.

I am very disappointed in this response from you mojo. I hope you guys understand what you are subjecting Paulding County citizens to

HUH care to explain?

I will be glad to explain. Who is funding this litigation plays a tremendous role as to this case. And the fact that YOU say that Delta has "big pockets" and is in a win win situation speaks volumes. Are we as Paulding County citizens supposed to be intimidated by this?

Hey BB are you okay? Your last two responses makes no sense

I'm great Whitey. Typing from an IPad as opposed to my computer but other than that, I am fine. Having a problem with the truth Whitey? :)