yo! ×
Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
pcs-charli

Gotta vent

So, I got a call from a grand daughter who ran away from home. Haven't heard or seen of her since she was three, when the parents separated. The father got custody, because if you know me at all, you know my daughter is not capable of raising a child.

Well, it was kinda nice to hear from her (finally) Knew eventually she'd come looking for the other side of the family. As it turned out, she left as soon as she turned 18-posted on face book for the 1st guy who would pick he up, and when someone finally did-off they went !

After a short stay in the ghettos of Houston, they called, asking for a place to stay-her and the "new" boyfriend. It turns out they both have the mentality of 13 year olds! He has even more problems than just maturity. He has what I think is a case of arrested developement-he was thrown out when he was 12-probably because of his bad attitude. I believe he has what we used to term-ODD-oppositional defiance disorder-don't know what they call it these days, but I know what problems it causes, and I can easily see that he has a big problem with authority.

So, they were here for 6 weeks-a difficult 6 weeks! We tried to work the boy, but he had no skills! He wouldn't listen or take direction either (that's the ODD ) He damaged property, mis-cut lumber, broke a new bath tub-it went on and on. He spoke to clients on the job-he was asked not to-they complained about his ignorance and crudeness. He lost his mind if he saw a woman ( or girl-age didn't matter) He was a liability to have around!

So, we decided to just go with the original deal we made with them-they could work on our property ( a non paying job) for room and board. Again-broken and damaged property, but by that time, Ed was uncomfortable leaving him here with me alone, so he took him.

After the 1st week of that, Ed decided to give the boy $75-for that week- only, because he knew the kids needed personal items-tampax for her, deodorant (they STUNK), tooth paste and mouth wash (they were using up Brandon's at an alarming rate) You know, the regular stuff we all need and use. What did he do with it??? He went down the street and bought drugs!!!!!( found out later, when they had notmoney for personal items) Why buy what you need when you can use other people's???

The next week, Ed told him to forget the money he owed us-really??? Still, it was a nice jesture on his part. The last week, he gave the boy a few dollars, and he immediately bought cigerettes, and came back to the car and wanted more money-again, REALLY????

That's when the real problems started. He tried extortion-give me money, or else-or esle what??? Well, he threatened to hurt Brandon-no, that won't be happening We may be old, but we aren't dead, and that will only happen over my dead body. So, what next? WELL, we'll tell lies to the rest of the family-no, that won't happen either. My family knows me and won't believe your nonsence. Besides, they have all been in on this from the beginning, and know the score. Finally, we'll tell them you're mean Brandon and stealing his money!! Really now-Brandon would have to go along with the lie, and he is perfectly happy here-in a home where he is adored and has everything he could ever want. What are they thinking???

That evening, he got mouthy and rude with my daughter( yea, on face book-what a pain that can be!!). Ed reminded him that he was living in our house-we were feeding them, providing them with a warm bed, their own room, new clothes, personall items(well, they wouldn't but them themselves) WIFI, U-verse TV, unlimited phone, three home cooked meals a day, and as many snacks as they could eat.( and boy, could they EAT!!!) He reminded him that when the girl needed medical treatment in the middle of the night because he tore her vagina during sex ( yes, he can't even do that right!!! Needed to give him tutoring on how not to hurt my grand daughter-good God!!), that it was us who rushed her to the hospital, helped to get her Medicaid, brought her to the doctor for follow up visits, bought her medicine, and every thing else she needed. YUP-we tried to get him to act right. BIG MISTAKE!!! NO, HE WASN'T GOING TO ACT RIGHT COME HELL OR HIGH WATER-NOT HIM, NOT MR. O.D.D. HIMSELF!!!

Needless to say, after 3 tries to get him to back off, back down, and just generally behave, we had to throw him out. She decided to follow him-her choice-she is 18 now after all!!!

SSOOOO-what are we dealing with now????? They walk back and fourth on our street-stomping our flowers, and making fools and nusiances of themselves. We get threats on face book. My grandson get threatened and harrassed at the bus stop (they are staying occaiaionally, down the block with a friend they made-don't know how long the parents there will put up with it, but for now, they feel sorry for them and believe their sob story-a lot like I did when they got kicked out in Houston! At least they did not have to send $180 for bus tickets)

We'd like to ignore it, hoping it will just go away, but they have burned all their bridges every where else-no one else is going to be stupid enough to send them money for another bus ticket. They are here to stay. Wish I knew the fathers phone #-I'd call and tell him to take his problem child home (but we'd still be stuck with the boy/man)-

I know, I brought this on myself-no one to blame but me. I am a soft hearted fool!!!! Just always imagined her finding me and it being a lot different-sigh!! Dumb a$$!!!!

Well, there is a whole lot more to the story, but here I sit , and here I wonder !!! Was I really stupid, or did I have a right to dream??? She is nothing like her brother( who, I might add, is a wonderful child-an "A" student in all honor classes in middle school, a boy scout trying to achieve Eagle, and a hard working , honest person-sorry, had to add that. I appreciate him now, even more)--.( oh yea- more of that more to the story stuff-I've been raising her younger brother since birth-they have never met each other till then-wanted them both to have the chance to know each other-to know they had family.-again, sigh) Dumb a$$!!!!-

Oh well, I've vented to satisfaction-had to get this out somehow-I am puzzled, a little concerned(what's next???), and wondering what some of you might think?? Opening up a can of worms, I know, but at least it will get my mind off of what might be coming my way-that was the last message on face book-some garbled, illiterate, nonscence about "what yall gonna get"-HMM!! Doesn't sound like a Christmas present to me!!!!

A TPO would get him out pretty quickly. He's shown enough behavior to demonstrate he's a danger to you.

And how does someone break a bathtub?

What is a TPO?? ...and as fr as the bath-tub, he tried to hand ed the hammer gun and dropped it. Chipped the heck out of it, but it is already framed in and can't be removed-we'll have to have it resurfaced.

What is a TPO?? ...and as fr as the bath-tub, he tried to hand ed the hammer gun and dropped it. Chipped the heck out of it, but it is already framed in and can't be removed-we'll have to have it resurfaced.

I think it is a Temporary Protection Order. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. Ihaveadog is right, you need protection from this young man. I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this, it sounds heartbreaking.

I think it is a Temporary Protection Order. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me. Ihaveadog is right, you need protection from this young man. I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this, it sounds heartbreaking.

Thank yo-aggravating is more like it-we have enough to deal with trying to stay working and raising a child as old folks! Just concerned it will escalate, and get out of control. I don't like to feel that I need to wear a gun on my hip!!!!

So, I got a call from a grand daughter who ran away from home. Haven't heard or seen of her since she was three, when the parents separated. The father got custody, because if you know me at all, you know my daughter is not capable of raising a child.

Well, it was kinda nice to hear from her (finally) Knew eventually she'd come looking for the other side of the family. As it turned out, she left as soon as she turned 18-posted on face book for the 1st guy who would pick he up, and when someone finally did-off they went !

After a short stay in the ghettos of Houston, they called, asking for a place to stay-her and the "new" boyfriend. It turns out they both have the mentality of 13 year olds! He has even more problems than just maturity. He has what I think is a case of arrested developement-he was thrown out when he was 12-probably because of his bad attitude. I believe he has what we used to term-ODD-oppositional defiance disorder-don't know what they call it these days, but I know what problems it causes, and I can easily see that he has a big problem with authority.

So, they were here for 6 weeks-a difficult 6 weeks! We tried to work the boy, but he had no skills! He wouldn't listen or take direction either (that's the ODD ) He damaged property, mis-cut lumber, broke a new bath tub-it went on and on. He spoke to clients on the job-he was asked not to-they complained about his ignorance and crudeness. He lost his mind if he saw a woman ( or girl-age didn't matter) He was a liability to have around!

So, we decided to just go with the original deal we made with them-they could work on our property ( a non paying job) for room and board. Again-broken and damaged property, but by that time, Ed was uncomfortable leaving him here with me alone, so he took him.

After the 1st week of that, Ed decided to give the boy $75-for that week- only, because he knew the kids needed personal items-tampax for her, deodorant (they STUNK), tooth paste and mouth wash (they were using up Brandon's at an alarming rate) You know, the regular stuff we all need and use. What did he do with it??? He went down the street and bought drugs!!!!!( found out later, when they had notmoney for personal items) Why buy what you need when you can use other people's???

The next week, Ed told him to forget the money he owed us-really??? Still, it was a nice jesture on his part. The last week, he gave the boy a few dollars, and he immediately bought cigerettes, and came back to the car and wanted more money-again, REALLY????

That's when the real problems started. He tried extortion-give me money, or else-or esle what??? Well, he threatened to hurt Brandon-no, that won't be happening We may be old, but we aren't dead, and that will only happen over my dead body. So, what next? WELL, we'll tell lies to the rest of the family-no, that won't happen either. My family knows me and won't believe your nonsence. Besides, they have all been in on this from the beginning, and know the score. Finally, we'll tell them you're mean Brandon and stealing his money!! Really now-Brandon would have to go along with the lie, and he is perfectly happy here-in a home where he is adored and has everything he could ever want. What are they thinking???

That evening, he got mouthy and rude with my daughter( yea, on face book-what a pain that can be!!). Ed reminded him that he was living in our house-we were feeding them, providing them with a warm bed, their own room, new clothes, personall items(well, they wouldn't but them themselves) WIFI, U-verse TV, unlimited phone, three home cooked meals a day, and as many snacks as they could eat.( and boy, could they EAT!!!) He reminded him that when the girl needed medical treatment in the middle of the night because he tore her vagina during sex ( yes, he can't even do that right!!! Needed to give him tutoring on how not to hurt my grand daughter-good God!!), that it was us who rushed her to the hospital, helped to get her Medicaid, brought her to the doctor for follow up visits, bought her medicine, and every thing else she needed. YUP-we tried to get him to act right. BIG MISTAKE!!! NO, HE WASN'T GOING TO ACT RIGHT COME HELL OR HIGH WATER-NOT HIM, NOT MR. O.D.D. HIMSELF!!!

Needless to say, after 3 tries to get him to back off, back down, and just generally behave, we had to throw him out. She decided to follow him-her choice-she is 18 now after all!!!

SSOOOO-what are we dealing with now????? They walk back and fourth on our street-stomping our flowers, and making fools and nusiances of themselves. We get threats on face book. My grandson get threatened and harrassed at the bus stop (they are staying occaiaionally, down the block with a friend they made-don't know how long the parents there will put up with it, but for now, they feel sorry for them and believe their sob story-a lot like I did when they got kicked out in Houston! At least they did not have to send $180 for bus tickets)

We'd like to ignore it, hoping it will just go away, but they have burned all their bridges every where else-no one else is going to be stupid enough to send them money for another bus ticket. They are here to stay. Wish I knew the fathers phone #-I'd call and tell him to take his problem child home (but we'd still be stuck with the boy/man)-

I know, I brought this on myself-no one to blame but me. I am a soft hearted fool!!!! Just always imagined her finding me and it being a lot different-sigh!! Dumb a$!!!!

Well, there is a whole lot more to the story, but here I sit , and here I wonder !!! Was I really stupid, or did I have a right to dream??? She is nothing like her brother( who, I might add, is a wonderful child-an "A" student in all honor classes in middle school, a boy scout trying to achieve Eagle, and a hard working , honest person-sorry, had to add that. I appreciate him now, even more)--.( oh yea- more of that more to the story stuff-I've been raising her younger brother since birth-they have never met each other till then-wanted them both to have the chance to know each other-to know they had family.-again, sigh) Dumb a$!!!!-

Oh well, I've vented to satisfaction-had to get this out somehow-I am puzzled, a little concerned(what's next???), and wondering what some of you might think?? Opening up a can of worms, I know, but at least it will get my mind off of what might be coming my way-that was the last message on face book-some garbled, illiterate, nonscence about "what yall gonna get"-HMM!! Doesn't sound like a Christmas present to me!!!!

You gave them a chance and they blew it. Try to shake it off and move on. Sad that we sometimes have to do that even though it breaks our hearts.

If you feel threatened, I would make a police report, just for protection. If they keep walking up and down in front of your home and stumping on your flowers and damaging your property, would that be more or less stalking? Sending your messages, (which I would save) that to can be stalking and threatening.

• Like 1

A TPO would get him out pretty quickly. He's shown enough behavior to demonstrate he's a danger to you.

I agree with ihaveadog 100%. (don't faint buddy)

Also, his question was my question, "And how does someone break a bathtub?".

• Like 3

We're now entering the post-entitlement generation, it's almost like a regression of intelligence in our species, these kids are incapable of making any type of meaningful decisions much less doing anything productive with themselves. My wife's youngest will point out stories like yours and make broad claims that at least with his profound laziness and lack of any drive for life, that he could have turned out much worse than being in his 20s and wanting to sleep all day and play video games all night and still expects mom to wash his clothes and buy him groceries(thank god he's not living here now).

In my eyes either way is worthless and they'll, unfortunately, in my opinion, will remain parasitic types until they either get "something" together or end up in jail.

Sorry you're going through this, advice for any decent resolution would be wishful thinking on my part.

Edited by Riptides
  • Like 1

As to the threats on FB, that's an easy fix. Block 'em.

And I agree with the TPO IF it qualifies. From what I've been told, TPOs and restraining orders have requirements that must be met before they can be issued.

No grandmother wants to believe her granddaughter is stupid enough to be around such a loser. She needs to be away from him as much, if not more, than you need him to leave you alone.

After the 1st week of that, Ed decided to give the boy $75-for that week- only, because he knew the kids needed personal items-tampax for her, deodorant (they STUNK), tooth paste and mouth wash (they were using up Brandon's at an alarming rate) You know, the regular stuff we all need and use. What did he do with it??? He went down the street and bought drugs!!!!!( found out later, when they had notmoney for personal items) Why buy what you need when you can use other people's??? Apperantly if one can't get achole it's the next best thing. I have a friend who has delt with the mouth wash issue with her acholeic husband.

SSOOOO-what are we dealing with now????? They walk back and fourth on our street-stomping our flowers, and making fools and nusiances of themselves. We get threats on face book. My grandson get threatened and harrassed at the bus stop OH HELL TO THE NO. That would end with a swift kick out the door.(they are staying occaiaionally, down the block with a friend they made-don't know how long the parents there will put up with it, but for now, they feel sorry for them and believe their sob story-a lot like I did when they got kicked out in Houston! At least they did not have to send $180 for bus tickets)

I know, I brought this on myself-no one to blame but me. I am a soft hearted fool!!!! Just always imagined her finding me and it being a lot different-sigh!! Dumb a$!!!!

Well, there is a whole lot more to the story, but here I sit , and here I wonder !!! Was I really stupid, or did I have a right to dream??? She is nothing like her brother( who, I might add, is a wonderful child-an "A" student in all honor classes in middle school, a boy scout trying to achieve Eagle, and a hard working , honest person-sorry, had to add that. I appreciate him now, even more)--.( oh yea- more of that more to the story stuff-I've been raising her younger brother since birth-they have never met each other till then-wanted them both to have the chance to know each other-to know they had family.-again, sigh) Dumb a$!!!!-

Truthfully I've been there done that, and although it pained me greatly I had to toss my stepson out.

1386361334[/url]' post='3863813']

I wondered the same thing....except about a vagina not a bath tub.

It may cost you less in the long run to buy them both a bus ticket to anywhere they want to go. (or back to her Dad without giving him a heads up)

If they are that ignorant maybe real life on the streets away from any family to run to would give at least one of them a wake up call.

Tough situation.

I hate that anyone has to go through these kind of things.

I guess you just have to look deep inside yourself and decide what decisions you can live with because it sounds like there will be no changing them until something happens to give them a serious reality check.

Edited by tranquility

So you know where he buys drugs down the street? Maybe you could give him a little "Christmas" money, and put in a call to law enforcement. You could be rid of him pretty much permanently that way. She doesn't seem the type to stand by her man while he's doing time for months.

It would be worth the money.

• Like 2

It may cost you less in the long run to buy them both a bus ticket to anywhere they want to go. (or back to her Dad without giving him a heads up)

This...along with a hundo for pocket change and a couple bottles of mouthwash. You've got resources, they have intimidation. You've got to counter from your strength and put an end to this asap.

mrnn

A TPO is a temporay protective order. It is enforcible by the police if they are violated. They are issued to help people get threw a problem until they go to court. Once they go to court a restraining order can be issued. This is NOT enforcible by the ppolice but it is enforcible by the courts.

I agree that someone with ODD is a royal pain to deal with. I also agree with mrnn. Give them the reasources and a reson for them to go somewhere else that they want to go to. Then change your phone number and close your FB. Account to them.

I know, I brought this on myself-no one to blame but me. I am a soft hearted fool!!!! Just always imagined her finding me and it being a lot different-sigh!! Dumb a$$!!!!

Well, there is a whole lot more to the story, but here I sit , and here I wonder !!! Was I really stupid, or did I have a right to dream??? She is nothing like her brother( who, I might add, is a wonderful child-an "A" student in all honor classes in middle school, a boy scout trying to achieve Eagle, and a hard working , honest person-sorry, had to add that. I appreciate him now, even more)--.( oh yea- more of that more to the story stuff-I've been raising her younger brother since birth-they have never met each other till then-wanted them both to have the chance to know each other-to know they had family.-again, sigh) Dumb a$$!!!!-

I am very concerned for your safety. These 2 have no emotional attachment to you or your family.

They came here to use you and you have cut them off. They now know a lot about you. When you are at home, how to get in your house ect. They think you have a lot of money because you had it to spend on them.

I would sleep armed, with one eye open and armed.

Depending on what drugs they are doing, worse case scenario meth, you could be in serious danger,

Meth heads have no conscious.

They are not very smart and don't seem to understand consequences.

I am genuinely afraid for you.

I would at least talk to LE and ask their advice on this one.

• Like 3

I am very concerned for your safety. These 2 have no emotional attachment to you or your family.

They came here to use you and you have cut them off. They now know a lot about you. When you are at home, how to get in your house ect. They think you have a lot of money because you had it to spend on them.

I would sleep armed, with one eye open and armed.

Depending on what drugs they are doing, worse case scenario meth, you could be in serious danger,

Meth heads have no conscious.

They are not very smart and don't seem to understand consequences.

I am genuinely afraid for you.

I would at least talk to LE and ask their advice on this one.

I appreciate you all letting me vent, and appreciate more that you're out there and care. I got myself into this, and I'll have to find my way out of it. You are right, though, they do know our personal habits and such. One good point is that they do not have a car, or a liscence, or a job. It will limit their ability to run and hide.

Sadly, I've been through this before-with her mother!! Others on this site have talked about their demon children, but she was the poster child for demonic disfunction. Oh Lord-I just can't go there again! I am not strong enough for that.So, don't worry LPPT-I've slept with one eye open and one hand on my gun for years-and will continue to.

I wondered the same thing....except about a vagina not a bath tub.

Rough sex-the hospital staff questioned her a lot. It seems he had no idea she was supposed to enjoy the act also?? Your guess is as good as mine on this one-not a position grandparents expect to be put in or ever hope to!!!!

1386385966[/url]' post='3863970']

I appreciate you all letting me vent, and appreciate more that you're out there and care. I got myself into this, and I'll have to find my way out of it. You are right, though, they do know our personal habits and such. One good point is that they do not have a car, or a liscence, or a job. It will limit their ability to run and hide.

Sadly, I've been through this before-with her mother!! Others on this site have talked about their demon children, but she was the poster child for demonic disfunction. Oh Lord-I just can't go there again! I am not strong enough for that.So, don't worry LPPT-I've slept with one eye open and one hand on my gun for years-and will continue to.

Oh honey....I'm so sorry. :( Sounds like a rock and a hard place.

Be strong and take care of you and yours. I wish you the best of luck.

• Like 1

Rough sex-the hospital staff questioned her a lot. It seems he had no idea she was supposed to enjoy the act also?? Your guess is as good as mine on this one-not a position grandparents expect to be put in or ever hope to have to deal with!!!!

My heart goes out to you and your wife.

This...along with a hundo for pocket change and a couple bottles of mouthwash. You've got resources, they have intimidation. You've got to counter from your strength and put an end to this asap. mrnn

Megadittos to these comments. The sooner you can get them away from you and your family, the better. I have a really bad feeling baout this. :(

• Like 1

Your story breaks my heart into a million pieces. I'm sad for you, the kids, and the whole situation. :(

So many things running through my mind.

I can't help but think that your granddaughter needs to be separated from this boy. You mention how bad he is but you haven't really spoken about her. You reference "they" quite often but is she a lost cause as well? Just trying to gain a little insight as to how she is.

Safety would be a huge concern, especially for your grandson.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

• Like 1

Your story breaks my heart into a million pieces. I'm sad for you, the kids, and the whole situation. :(

So many things running through my mind.

I can't help but think that your granddaughter needs to be separated from this boy. You mention how bad he is but you haven't really spoken about her. You reference "they" quite often but is she a lost cause as well? Just trying to gain a little insight as to how she is.

Safety would be a huge concern, especially for your grandson.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

She seemed to be a nice girl as long as he wasn't round. As soon as they got together, she seemed to take on his attitude, and it was all about him and no one else. Evn when we went to Stone Mtn (bought everyone a Mountain Member pass for the year), she walked around with him and they seemd to want to exclude us. It's sad, but that's what happens sometimes with girls-they become little slaves to the boys whims. We went food shopping together, and he pouted throught the whole store because I told him we were there for ood and not snacks We hadplenty of snacks. He went out of his way to fill the cart with the biggest bag of pizza rolls he could find, a case of Mountain Dew, and any other junk he coulod find, and still walked around with his hands in his pockets, his head slumped down into his neck, and just generally a misarable person. She kept trying to get him to smile and behappy, but he is the type of person to not be happy unless he gets his way 100 percent.

Glad they are out, but I do worry about her. He was a manipulator-tried to get his way all the time. His incredible ignorance was terrible-I just can't do stupid, and he did it constantly. His crude remarks, his sick sense of humor, and his lack of anything that could even resemble manners or social correctness was unbelievable. But, it was one of his last remarks that brought it all home for me. He said " Im sic of all you people trying to make me a beter person" He is truely happy being the ignorant fool he is!!! Thinks he's something special.And as far as she goes, she believes him. At 19, he has no car or liscense, no job or skills, no home or hope if having one any time in the future, and no clue as to what it takes to make it in life. I think they are staying in one of the empty houses around here t's about to get really cold and we'll have to see if that drives them out into the open.

Sorry you are going thru this.

Sad part is, not just them, but what if she winds up pregnant?? What would happen to that child?

I am in agreement with other folks, you need to go ahead and make police reports about this stuff. And continue to do so when anything else happens. At least have a paper trail so that if anything really bad happens, then the police will know that there has been a pattern leading to it.

Best of luck.