Recent Topics Recent Topics

Photo

NAMI Family-to-Family Education (National Alliance on Mental Illness)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 F2F

F2F

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

Series to Help Families Care for Mentally Ill Loves Ones - Starts January 14, 2014

Starting January 14, 2014, the Cobb chapter of the National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI) will sponsor a "Family-to-Family Education Program" for families and caregivers of persons who are diagnosed with chronic mental illness. This FREE twelve-week session night course will be taught by two certified NAMI family volunteers. Participation and all discussion is strictly confidential. REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED.

This FREE Course Covers:
· Schizophrenia & Schizo-affective Disorder
· The Mood Disorders (bipolar disorder, major depression)
· Borderline Personality Disorder
· Anxiety Disorder & Panic Disorder
· Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
· Handling crisis and relapse
· Medications
· Listening and communication techniques
· Problem solving skills
· Recovery and rehabilitation
· Self-care around worry and stress

The course is designed specifically for parents, siblings, spouses, teenage & adult children and significant others of people who are diagnosed with chronic mental Illness. The program is FREE, but space is limited and registration is required in advance with the local NAMI office or calling one the instructors below.

Class starts Tuesday, January 14, 2013 6:30pm – 9:00pm (weekly)
Wellstar Cobb – Oran Buildging
1790 Mulkey Road – Oran Bldg. Conference Room
Austell, GA 30106

Instructors:
Lisa Lahey @ 770.364.9944, email: lisalaheynami@yahoo.com
Steve Burton @ 404.663.1139, email: steveburtonnami@bellsouth.net

SHORT VIDEO: Family-to-Family Class Promo Video

#2 CRAZMOM95

CRAZMOM95

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

I highly recommend this course to anyone who is dealing with any of these illnesses or disorders either within their family or as a support person for someone who is. I participated a few years ago with one in Decatur. Very informative and the support you will receive from each other is immeasurable!
  • F2F likes this

#3 F2F

F2F

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

Thank you for that positive feedback on the class and I'm glad to hear it was helpful. That is out goal, to help.

I highly recommend this course to anyone who is dealing with any of these illnesses or disorders either within their family or as a support person for someone who is. I participated a few years ago with one in Decatur. Very informative and the support you will receive from each other is immeasurable!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics