Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
MillCreek

Playoffs 2nd Round H.S. Football

2nd Round Playoofs  

26 members have voted

1. 1. East Paulding vs Tucker - Who Will Win?

• East Paulding
    • Tucker
  2. 2. North Paulding vs Stephenson - Who Will Win?

• North Paulding
    • Stephenson
  3. 3. South Paulding vs Gainesville - Who Will Win?

• South Paulding
    • Gainesville

East, North, and South, all won their games in the 1st Round of the Playoffs, and have advanced to the 2nd round.

Out of the 16 teams playing in the 2nd Round, 3 are from Paulding -- not too shabby!!!

The 2nd Round is going to be a bit tougher that the 1st Round -- however, the 3 PC teams can do it. I would definitely love to see all 3 teams go very deep into the playoffs -- we got some serious football in Paulding County!

Good Luck to East, North, and South!!

FIRST ROUND PLAYOFFS

East Paulding 34 Creekview 33

North Paulding 50 Riverwood 14

South Paulding 48 Sequoyah 21

SECOND ROUND PLAYOFFS

East Paulding vs Tucker @ Tucker

North Paulding vs Stephenson @ North Paulding

South Paulding vs Gainesville @ Gainesville

2013-2014 GHSA Class AAAAA State Football Championship Brackets

Sorry South Paulding fans, but the Spartans will not beat the Red Elephants. Gainesville has a powerful team and one of the top 5 high school quarterbacks in the nation.

Just wanted to pass this info along....South Paulding will be offering a student PEP bus ride to the game in Gainesville on Friday. The cost is $3 per student and it will leave at 4:00. Please share this info if you can. Thanks!

Just wanted to pass this info along....South Paulding will be offering a student PEP bus ride to the game in Gainesville on Friday. The cost is $3 per student and it will leave at 4:00. Please share this info if you can. Thanks!

I received an email from the Touchdown Club stating this was an error. They are no longer allowed to bus the students.....other than the ones participating.

I received an email from the Touchdown Club stating this was an error. They are no longer allowed to bus the students.....other than the ones participating.

That is sad. When I was in high school we had these for every away game. They were a lot of fun. In fact I was just telling my kids about them a week or so ago as I was wondering if something like this would be offered for the post season games. I can understand though but I still think it's kind of sad.

Edited by brown*eyed*girl

Well that stinks :( I asked my son about it and he said yes they were having it but he didn't want to do it. We are going anyways but I thought he might want to ride with other students.

Sharing from Facebook. Please Call number listed. I do not have any other information. SPARTANS!!! Please act quickly on this offer so that we can secure the bus!!!!!

I apologize for all the mix up today regarding the buses to Gainesville. We want as many students and parents at the game that we can physically get there. Our players and coaches will need us more than ever in this critical round two playoff game.

I have been approached by a few concerned parents that would like to charter a bus outside of the school system. I have a parent that has found a 46 passenger charter bus that is available for Friday's trip to Gainesville for a low cost of $18.00 per person. However with the sudden change of events it is very important that we act quickly. As a reminder the tickets for this game will be $10.00 per person. I know that I currently have about 10-15 parents that are interested but it is obvious that we will need to fill this bus completely in order for it to work. If you or anyone you may know is interested in reserving a seat please reply back to this email or call me, Brad Kendrick, directly at 404-375-0428. The charter bus company is holding the bus until 12:00pm tomorrow in hopes that we can get enough interest to justify the trip.

I will open the bus to students as well but we will have to have student waivers completed if a parent will not be traveling with the student. Please remember that we have to act quickly. All forms and payments will have to be collected prior to departure on Friday. Departure time has yet to be determined. Please let me know if you have questions.

This email notification will be announced at school tomorrow so please act quickly if interested.

Thanks,

Brad Kendrick

Good luck to all the Paulding county teams Friday. I know you will "Rep" your county well. I can't believe all the hate on the blogs coming from opposing teams. Some people are just evil, these are teenaged boys. I especially hope South kicks Gainesville's ass, they have been really mean towards South.

Good luck to all the Paulding county teams Friday. I know you will "Rep" your county well. I can't believe all the hate on the blogs coming from opposing teams. Some people are just evil, these are teenaged boys. I especially hope South kicks Gainesville's ass, they have been really mean towards South.

I'm right there with you -- Kick butt on Gainesville!

For all those haters out there who think Gainesville is going to walk all over us check out these stats. Looks pretty dang even to me! I would love to see these blogs that everyone is referring too. My son came home yesterday and told me about a few things he heard that were said too.

Team Stat Comparison

Gainesville South National Average

172.4 Rushing Yards Per Game 238.8 186.6

315.8 Passing Yards Per Game 224.6 117.0

488.2 Total Yards Per Game 463.5 302.3

106.6 Tackles Per Game 63.4 56.9

2.4 Sacks Per Game 2.2 1.6

49.8 Points Per Game 40.7 25.9

Player Stat Comparison

Gainesville Compare South

#1 Michael Byrd 79.8 Rushing Yards Per Game 124.3 #3 Chandler Burks

#4 Deshaun Watson 255.5 Passing Yards Per Game 212.2 #3 Chandler Burks

#4 Deshaun Watson 332.6 Total Yards Per Game 336.5 #3 Chandler Burks

#55 JD Sosebee 12.5 Tackles Per Game 7.8 #2 Khalia Hackett

#99 Colton Quinones .6 Sacks Per Game .5 #55 Casey Cobb

#3 Gage Turner 7.4 Points Per Game 16.9 #7 Jae Bowen

I voted for all three Paulding teams to win, In reality we will be lucky to get one team to the next round.

I really like the South / Gainesville match up. Play offs are all about Match up's

I think East's Defense will give tucker fits in the running game, If they can defend the pass and score a few points they could shock the world

North Paulding will have its hands full against what is probably the best defense in the state. Hit them fast and hit them often pack!

• Like 3

Good Evening Spartans, What an overwhelming show of support for the game in Gainesville. I'll be honest, I was a little hesitant about trying to reserve a couple of buses but you guys have really surprised me. I have never been more proud of being a Spartan than I am right now. As of right now I have completely filled two charter buses for our second round playoff game in Gainesville. As mentioned there is a cost associated with the charter bus and I will have representatives collecting money tomorrow at school and I will make myself available tomorrow night at practice for those that need to come after work. I will be at the field as early as 5:00pm. When paying please make sure to get a receipt as your receipt will be necessary to board the bus. In preparation of having others that may be interested I have a third bus on hold but I have to make sure it is completely filled before I can commit to putting it in service. If you have contacted me via email or phone today you definitely have a seat on a bus. If you have not made your reservation and are interested in making the trip please send me an email or feel free to call me a 404-375-0428. I have 47 extra/available seats and I would love to fill up a third bus but I need your help and commitment to do so. Our window of opportunity to hold a third bus is slowly diminishing so I will have to cut off all request by the end of business tomorrow. PLEASE DO NOT MISS OUT, IT'S YOUR LAST CHANCE TO CATCH A RIDE. Thanks for the amazing show of support and I can't wait to show Gainesville how the "SOUTH IS GOING TO DO IT AGAIN"! Thanks, Brad Kendrick

Good Evening Spartans, What an overwhelming show of support for the game in Gainesville. I'll be honest, I was a little hesitant about trying to reserve a couple of buses but you guys have really surprised me. I have never been more proud of being a Spartan than I am right now. As of right now I have completely filled two charter buses for our second round playoff game in Gainesville. As mentioned there is a cost associated with the charter bus and I will have representatives collecting money tomorrow at school and I will make myself available tomorrow night at practice for those that need to come after work. I will be at the field as early as 5:00pm. When paying please make sure to get a receipt as your receipt will be necessary to board the bus. In preparation of having others that may be interested I have a third bus on hold but I have to make sure it is completely filled before I can commit to putting it in service. If you have contacted me via email or phone today you definitely have a seat on a bus. If you have not made your reservation and are interested in making the trip please send me an email or feel free to call me a 404-375-0428. I have 47 extra/available seats and I would love to fill up a third bus but I need your help and commitment to do so. Our window of opportunity to hold a third bus is slowly diminishing so I will have to cut off all request by the end of business tomorrow. PLEASE DO NOT MISS OUT, IT'S YOUR LAST CHANCE TO CATCH A RIDE. Thanks for the amazing show of support and I can't wait to show Gainesville how the "SOUTH IS GOING TO DO IT AGAIN"! Thanks, Brad Kendrick

This is awesome!!!!!! Our family is going to the game but we are driving ourselves. I am so happy that our boys will be able to look up in the stands and see all of us cheering them on! So proud to be part of the SPARTAN NATION!!!!!!

Edited by LadybugLove

I just finished reading one of the blogs where all the "nasty, vulgar trash talking" is going on. It makes me sick to think that some people would have the audacity to say some of those things! I have a bad feeling that the South/Gainesville game is going to get ugly. I know these boys read these blogs and are fired up. I just hope they use all that trash talking to motivate them and play their hearts out.

I am a North Paulding fan and hope they win friday night, but I hear they have a tough team to play. I was told that Stephenson has 8 players on their team that are going to play football in college.

I am a North Paulding fan and hope they win friday night, but I hear they have a tough team to play. I was told that Stephenson has 8 players on their team that are going to play football in college.

Stephenson does a great job in getting offers for their kids and 8 is actually a low number for them. A few years back they had over 20 kids get offered by colleges. Unfortunately many haven't qualified academically. They have the athletes but so far it hasn't equated into a deep run in the playoffs.

I am so ready for tonight's game in Gainesville! I hope all our boys (South, North, East) show them how it's done in Paulding County. Good luck to all the teams!

LETS GO SPARTANS!!!!!!!!

Edited by LadybugLove

There's been a lot of "talk" on the H.S. Football Playoff Blogs, with folks talking smack about the 3 Paulding teams. Basically being a bunch of cow tipping cupcakes from the country...

Sure, doing the regular season, we all talk it up when East, North, South, Hiram, and Paulding County are playing each other.

Though I am a SP Spartan fan, and looking forward to tonight's game in Gainesville, this is definitely a time, where I am hoping / pulling for all three Paulding teams to Win tonight and WIN BIG.

GO SOUTH - EAST - NORTH........................Kick some serious BUTT tonight, and let's show how football is played in Paulding County!

Spartans WIN -- Raiders WIN -- Wolfpack WIN

• Like 2

There's been a lot of "talk" on the H.S. Football Playoff Blogs, with folks talking smack about the 3 Paulding teams. Basically being a bunch of cow tipping cupcakes from the country...

Sure, doing the regular season, we all talk it up when East, North, South, Hiram, and Paulding County are playing each other.

Though I am a SP Spartan fan, and looking forward to tonight's game in Gainesville, this is definitely a time, where I am hoping / pulling for all three Paulding teams to Win tonight and WIN BIG.

GO SOUTH - EAST - NORTH........................Kick some serious BUTT tonight, and let's show how football is played in Paulding County!

Spartans WIN -- Raiders WIN -- Wolfpack WIN

:good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

I do not have a son who plays football for South but he does do the JROTC flag for the games. SO I have been at most of the home games and have become invested in the team. I NEVER liked football until this year, Spartans have made me a fan!!! I wanted to go so bad tonight but we will not be able to make it. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE somebody keep us updated here! Thanks in advance :)

:good: :yahoo: :yahoo: GOOOOOOOO SPARTANS!!!

I do not have a son who plays football for South but he does do the JROTC flag for the games. SO I have been at most of the home games and have become invested in the team. I NEVER liked football until this year, Spartans have made me a fan!!! I wanted to go so bad tonight but we will not be able to make it. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE somebody keep us updated here! Thanks in advance :)

:good: :yahoo: :yahoo: GOOOOOOOO SPARTANS!!!

I have the same scenario! My son is in the JROTC Color Guard too. He usually commands the flag detail group. We have been to every single game except Woodland. We are going tonight too. I promise to keep you updated :)

East tied at 13 late 3rd quarter. Tucker driving

East holds them to a field goal. Tucker 16 East 13 late 3rd quarter.

Is the clock wrong on here? The clock on the left is right, but the post time on these post are wrong.I was confused when I was trying to find the East score; I was like....Wait a minute it is not 10:25 yet...lol

Let's Go EAST!

East at the Tucker 8 yard line with 17 seconds left. Need to try and punch this thing in for the win. It is pouring rain.

Edited by shed