Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Raider

I noticed Christmas lights

we went to hiram (death valley) last night and hiram already has their lights up and on, I also noticed on the way home, that there were a lot of homes who had lights up, trees up, and lights on... so when do you put your lights up?

Not till December and the stuff comes down before Jan 1. Many of Hirams Christmas street lights are beginning to show their age, maybe because they're put out for too long of a period.

The Christmas wreath goes on the door Thanksgiving night. The flowers and the few decorations, as I get to them. The tree, whenever.

For the first year EVER we have bushes out front to decorate. We will probably do those right after Thanksgiving.

Our town put up Christmas decorations early last week. So far, we haven't seen any of them on at night, though. I can't wait to go down by the river to see that area and really am looking forward to the lighted boat parade on the river.

Typically the weekend after Thanksgiving.

But our new tree arrived today so I'm itching to get it up and see how pretty it is!!!

Please post a pic when it's up!

We do ours the day or so after Thanksgiving. I saw some lights up at least a month ago, though.

Usually after Thanksgiving but I feel the spirit comin' on early this year! I have so much to be thankful for.

But our new tree arrived today so I'm itching to get it up and see how pretty it is!!!

What mei lan said, can't wait to see how pretty it is. ^_^

I put the tree up the weekend following Thanksgiving, and I take it down New Years Day or the weekend after New Years.

Please post a pic when it's up!

We do ours the day or so after Thanksgiving. I saw some lights up at least a month ago, though.

Usually after Thanksgiving but I feel the spirit comin' on early this year! I have so much to be thankful for.

What mei lan said, can't wait to see how pretty it is. ^_^

I will!!! It arrived pretty quick!

I need some new garland.

May have to make a trip to the dreaded Wally world. BLICK!!!

Didn't like what Kroger had to offer. Mayhap I'll check out Walgreens first before stooping to Walmart.

Edited by Blondiega1

Were you the one that mentioned that you were looking for one a week or so ago? What did you end up getting and from where? The Hubby is trying to talk me into an artificial one, but it will have to look real or I don't think I will be happy with it. :unsure:

Not until December!

And what is Death Valley? Is that just another name for Hiram or is that an actual area in Hiram? Never heard that name before.

After Thanksgiving Dinner, I gotta work all that food off someway...:rofl:

I do however have my Fireplace mantel decorated a few days before Thanksgiving Dinner :wub:

Not until December!

And what is Death Valley? Is that just another name for Hiram or is that an actual area in Hiram? Never heard that name before.

I've never heard it either.

(at least referring to around here)

Were you the one that mentioned that you were looking for one a week or so ago? What did you end up getting and from where? The Hubby is trying to talk me into an artificial one, but it will have to look real or I don't think I will be happy with it. :unsure:

Why yes....yes I was! LOL

I went with the 7.5 foot Norway Spruce from Balsam Hill.

We wanted LED lights.

It's pricey, but has a 10 year warranty and from what I can see so far in the box, it's very realistic.

I'll post pics once it's up.

If you decide to buy from Balsam Hill, google for some coupons. I found a 30% off one I used by searching internet.

http://www.balsamhill.com/LED-Lights-Only-s/1388.htm

Edited by Blondiega1

Never, if I had my way.

(yes, I am a scrooge)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I generally have inside and out decorated (except for the tree) and light up (the lights, that is) on Thanksgiving night. I love driving home every night through the Hiram Christmas decor! I did see several homes all lit up and thought it was early (because I always felt I was early doing it Thanksgiving evening), but to each his own! I am thoroughly enjoying it all!

We put our tree up and decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving.I LOVE Christmas but enough's enough :rolleyes: I have a friend that decorates for Christmas the day after HALLOWEEN!

we went to hiram (death valley) last night and hiram already has their lights up and on, I also noticed on the way home, that there were a lot of homes who had lights up, trees up, and lights on... so when do you put your lights up?

Sometimes thanksgivings night sometimes later but never before thanksgivings :nea: :nea: :nea:

I will!!! It arrived pretty quick!

I need some new garland.

May have to make a trip to the dreaded Wally world. BLICK!!!

Didn't like what Kroger had to offer. Mayhap I'll check out Walgreens first before stooping to Walmart.

Micheals or Garden Ridge usually has a much better selection!! For years, I used big pearl garlands. As the years went on--they kept breaking. I can't find them any more, but really want some more!!

No Ho-Ho-Ho until after Gobble-Gobble-Gobble, so no decorations until after Thanksgiving. I'm having a hard time getting hubby to mind this year. His mom is spending 2 1/2 weeks with us this Christmas so he's buying new decorations and lights so it'll be festive (my FIL passed last month so it'll be MIL's first holiday as a widow).

Micheals or Garden Ridge usually has a much better selection!! For years, I used big pearl garlands. As the years went on--they kept breaking. I can't find them any more, but really want some more!!

Thanks!

We are going to scope out Big Lots this weekend and I'll keep these two in mind if I don't find something I like.