Paulding.com

Charles Rickey Sensing, age 58, of Douglasville, GA (Paulding County), passed away on Friday, September 20, 2013. He was born on September 3, 1955, in Atlanta, GA, to the late James and Ruth Sensing. Mr. Sensing worked as a machine repairman for CKS Packaging for over 30 years.

Survivors include his wife, Brenda Sensing of Douglasville, GA; daughters and sons-in-law, Tina & Eddie Clay of Douglasville, GA, Angela & Dan Hanson of Saucier, MS, and Samantha Sensing of Charleston, SC; step-daughters, Tanya & Rodney Hendrix of Hiram, GA, Kim Steffey of Dallas, GA, and Becky & Wade Perry of Dallas, GA; brothers, Jim & Pat Sensing of Marietta, GA, and Randy Sensing of Villa Rica, GA; sisters, Margret & Bob Kendall of Marietta, GA, Cathy Morgan of Marietta, GA, and Donna Sensing of Marietta, GA; and eleven grandchildren.

A memorial service will be held on Monday, September 23, 2013, at 3 p.m., from Clark Funeral Home Chapel, with Mr. Bob Kendall officiating. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Monday, September 23, 2013, from 2 p.m. until service time.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements. (www.samclarkfuneralhome.com)

This is my step-dad and I loved him dearly! He was a wonderful and funny man. To meet Rickey was to love him. He could make me laugh regardless of the mood I was in. He loved my momma, his children, and grandchildren deeply and they loved him just as deeply. He told me every time I talked with him how proud he was of me and my family. You knew how special you were to him and he never hesitated to tell you how much he loved you. He was taken way to early and we are still in shock, but we know he is watching over us and would want us to celebrate the years that we had with him. I ask that you please keep my family in your prayers as we prepare to say good-bye to this loving man. RIP Rickey I love you!

• Like 4

Becky, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your step dad. Please tell your mom and the rest of the family that they are in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet with the other girls at the funeral home the other day. Please know that I love you all and know that God is looking over all of you.