Paulding.com

What are the necessary steps residents of Paulding needs to take to have a Fun Dog Park for our pets? if anyone knows and would please share this information with me I will be glad to do what's necessary to get this accomplished.

Keith

Edited by keith

What are the necessary steps residents of Paulding needs to take to have a Fun Dog Park for our pets? if anyone knows and would please share this information with me I will be glad to do what's necessary to get this accomplished.

Keith

I'd love to see a dog park with off leash areas and trails, doggie water fountains, etc. :)

Keith

Welcome to PCOM.

Buckle up, hang on and have a good ride.

Welcome!

This topic was visited awhile back, IIRC. I don't have time to look it up, but didn't somebody say the Tara Drummond park has dog park stuff? Maybe Barbed Wire will chime in.

I asked about this last week and was told there were dog water fountains at the Silver Comet Trail at Seaboard road. The closest true dog park is in Acworth. If there's something closer, that would be fantastic.

Tara Drummond Memorial Park has funds that could be used for a dog park. I asked a year or so ago for someone to head up a group to go to the County Commissioners and ask what the requirements could be. The Tara Drummond Memorial Park is not a good site. There is not enough space for a dog park. White Oak would be a great place.....or possibly Taylor Farm. Tara Drummond Memorial Fund still has funds that are being donated to Criminal Justice majors at Chattahoochee Tech each year, but would love to help with a dog park. We (Tara's parents) still have Daisy....Tara's yellow Lab and we live in Paulding and would love to help with this addtion for the dogs.

• Like 3

The county should have plenty of money for one....the SPLOST is generating SO much money, they are building a park at the new court house.

Why not a Dog park? :pardon:

Oh...BTW...this way, it wouldnt cost taxpayers anything...so dont go there...

Edited by mach4

The county should have plenty of money for one....the SPLOST is generating SO much money, they are building a park at the new court house.

Why not a Dog park? :pardon:

Oh...BTW...this way, it wouldnt cost taxpayers anything...so dont go there...

Did someone donate all the land and money?........If not,then how will it be funded?.......The T in splost stands for tax correct?

Did someone donate all the land and money?........If not,then how will it be funded?.......The T in splost stands for tax correct?

Yes, that's correct. And SPLOST money can't be spent on just anything, it's allocated specifically and I don't think a dog park is included.