Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Tahoe

Fatality Saturday night at Cedarcrest Rd and Graves Road

Also, his wife was following him in her car. Can you imagine seeing that?

No, I can't. That's the very reason I HATE for follow a friend or loved one anywhere. I've had too many family members killed in accidents to think it can't happen again, 2 in three days in 2 separate accidents.

Prayers for his family.

I will once again say "45 miles an hour on that road is a bad idea".

Why does that curvey, dangerous road have the same speed limit as HWY 92? It does not make sense.

There have been for too many wrecks, and many fatalities on that road.

Prayers for his family.

Why does that curvey, dangerous road have the same speed limit as HWY 92? It does not make sense.

I was wondering when someone would bring that up. I am very skiddish about the turn lanes up there, The road is curvy and the lights are far enough apart that people reaching speeds well over 50 miles apart between them.

From my understanding, speed was not the issue here.

If roads are below 45, law enforcement cannot use Radar to detech speeders. Bottom line, even if the speed limit was 65, people should have sense enough to drive at a speed that is safe and comfortable for them. If the speed limit was 35, people would speed.

When you turn in front of someone a lower speed limit generally would not have helped. Even 35mph is a strong impact.

Practically any impact broadside is bad, fast or slow.

Edited by momof 3

If roads are below 45, law enforcement cannot use Radar to detech speeders. Bottom line, even if the speed limit was 65, people should have sense enough to drive at a speed that is safe and comfortable for them. If the speed limit was 35, people would speed.

Setting up radar on N hwy 61 made a huge difference in the number of wrecks and fatalities.

They are going to need to get back up here soon. Over the last few months I have been having to slow down to keep from being killed in a head on from speeders passing without enough clearance.

Setting up radar on N hwy 61 made a huge difference in the number of wrecks and fatalities.

They are going to need to get back up here soon. Over the last few months I have been having to slow down to keep from being killed in a head on from speeders passing without enough clearance.

I often wonder where people have to be in such a hurry to risk their own lives as well as everyone elses to pass on curves or on hills and I see it all the time. It's scary!

Yep, they need to start soon. I don't understand passing on a hill in a no pass zone. They need to get up here!

This so sad. Prayers for the family.

I read that in the paper this morning. :(

Had he been drinking? The paper said that he turned left in front of the truck that hit him.

I wondered the same thing. The article made no mention of it.

I often wonder where people have to be in such a hurry to risk their own lives as well as everyone elses to pass on curves or on hills and I see it all the time. It's scary!

I've had 2 jackasses pass me on Due West Road. One passed me ON the bridge by McKenna Farms :angry2:

I've had 2 jackasses pass me on Due West Road. One passed me ON the bridge by McKenna Farms :angry2:

WTH!?!?!?! It makes me scared to drive on 2 lane roads, especially on the weekends after 10:00PM.

WTH!?!?!?! It makes me scared to drive on 2 lane roads, especially on the weekends after 10:00PM.

I was in my Excursion and they were in an old school Caprice. Not a lot of wiggle room there.

Unfortunately, we live in a world of careless people who have no consideration for themselves or others. I understand the need of wanting more law enforcement present, but there are not enough Sheriff's or State Patrol to FULLY enforce every issue on every road. In my opinion, the freedom to drive is a personal responsibility. The honest people are the only ones we can trust....You just can't force people to do the right thing.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, we live in a world of careless people who have no consideration for themselves or others. I understand the need of wanting more law enforcement present, but there are not enough Sheriff's or State Patrol to FULLY enforce every issue on every road. In my opinion, the freedom to drive is a personal responsibility. The honest people are the only ones we can trust....You just can't force people to do the right thing.

A tiny hijack here......speaking of sheriffs deputies, 'to the H.E.A.T. unit heading toward Macland on Bobo rd. yesterday morning at 10:52am: In case you hadn't heard, TEXTING WHILE DRIVING IS AGAINST THE LAW IN THE STATE OF GEORGIA. I would think you would know that. And to be holding the steering wheel with your wrists while you hold the phone above it for all the world to see what you're doing.....NOT COOL'.

Hijack over.

A tiny hijack here......speaking of sheriffs deputies, 'to the H.E.A.T. unit heading toward Macland on Bobo rd. yesterday morning at 10:52am: In case you hadn't heard, TEXTING WHILE DRIVING IS AGAINST THE LAW IN THE STATE OF GEORGIA. I would think you would know that. And to be holding the steering wheel with your wrists while you hold the phone above it for all the world to see what you're doing.....NOT COOL'.

Hijack over.

Whaaaat?!? LEO texting while driving?? WTH???

Prayers for his family.

I don't find a 45 speed limit on that road unrealistic at all and that intersection isn't that hard to maneuver.

• Like 1

1378735367[/url]' post='3838191']

Are you saying that radar can not be used on roads where posted speed limit is under 45 mph ? My wife got a ticket going 35 in a 25 that cost $175.00. I was wondering if she had gone to court would she been better off?

If roads are below 45, law enforcement cannot use Radar to detech speeders.

Not so. Radar is not recognized at 25 and under. on roads that fall under state law.

Speed detection can be used in residential areas of 35 mph, with no problem.

Radar can be legally used to detect speeds under 25mph in local municipality owned properties,

such as the courthouse, parks, etc... as long as there is a local ordinance that defines speeding.

Paulding county DOES have this ordinance.

The rule is that local municipalities are not allowed to write a citation until 11mph over the posted limit,

unless in a school or work zone, in which they can enforce zero tolerance on speed.

State Troopers can enforce zero tolerance at all times, while on an approved road for running speed detection devices.

Hijack over.

Just an FYI...

Law enforcement and other public safety officials are except from the texting law, while on duty, if using it in the course of their job.

Edited by NITR0

Just an FYI...

Law enforcement and other public safety officials are except from the texting law, while on duty, if using it in the course of their job.

Why? That doesn't make it any less dangerous. How hard is it to pull over to the side of the road?

• Like 3

Why? That doesn't make it any less dangerous. How hard is it to pull over to the side of the road?

I don't know why. I didn't write the legislation.

Right or wrong, they are exempt from it.

Not so. Radar is not recognized at 25 and under. on roads that fall under state law.

Speed detection can be used in residential areas of 35 mph, with no problem.

Radar can be legally used to detect speeds under 25mph in local municipality owned properties,

such as the courthouse, parks, etc... as long as there is a local ordinance that defines speeding.

Paulding county DOES have this ordinance.

The rule is that local municipalities are not allowed to write a citation until 11mph over the posted limit,

unless in a school or work zone, in which they can enforce zero tolerance on speed.

State Troopers can enforce zero tolerance at all times, while on an approved road for running speed detection devices.

Just an FYI...

So, it's OK for an officer to text and drive and hit someone head on because they are driving with their wrists? Good to know. And my disdain isn't for you, it's for the idiot that thought exempting anyone from the law was a good idea.

Edited by momof 3

So, it's OK for an officer to text and drive and hit someone head on because they are driving with their wrists? Good to know. And my disdain isn't for you, it's for the idiot that thought exempting anyone from the law was a good idea.

I believe the law says it's only ok if they text and drive. I am not 100% on this but I'm pretty sure that law doesn't clear an officer if they hit and kill someone while texting.

• Like 1

My parents live near there - getting in and out of their driveway is a life threatening event. We usually don't let the teen driver drive home from there because it's just so dangerous to get out of their driveway.