Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
mhparker92

South Paulding High School THEFT

Email from Coach Galamore about this weekend -

Please keep an eye out for our stuff, here is a list of some of the stuff that was taken.

John Deere Gator, yes its true, this was chained up and they used a drill to drill through the lock and also took chain

Broke into storage building with a crow bar and took

Stihl weedeater and edger attachment

Backpack blower

Air compressor and accessories

skill saw and recip saw

all of our gas cans

2 garden hoses

our tool box that was full of tools

they took the battery off the mower and basically destroyed the drag trying to get that battery off

broke in concession and broke open cabinet and took every UA hat and beanie and also every t-shirt

industrial floor fan

they did not take the fans in dugouts but did cut the wires off them and took them, softball fan wires were stolen to

I'm sure I will find some more things missing today when I go down there, I was so upset and out of my mind Saturday morning when I was walking with the police, I'm sure I missed some stuff that they took.

All in all, I estimate over $20,000 worth of stuff was either taken or damaged.

Please keep your eyes and ears open for this stuff. Please let law enforcement know if someone suddenly has stuff like this that shouldn't or wouldn't. This is alot that the team/school/etc. has to replace.

Dear thief,

You are a piece of crap. The fact that you stole from kids makes you a more disgusting piece of crap.

^^^^

this :angry:

Theives are #1 on my Poo List and Liars are #2, I jsut despise these kind of people and I'd rather NOT even be associated and/or be around those kind of people!!! I hope they are caught and punished, very quickly. Did you post this on FB? So everyone can share.

• Like 1

Its all over Facebook-Yes its on their fb page, all of the local yard sale pages, and it's being shared between friend groups. So, p,ease feel free to repost anywhere and everywhere.

• Like 1

They need to catch them and let them work it off at the same rate that the state pays the prisoners. I think it is something like a couple of dollars a day !!!

Wow, that's dispicable! This seems to be happening a lot.

My dad is a landscaper and some of his equipment got stolen out of the back of his truck in his own driveway. It includes an edger, a blower and some other stuff. They were chained and they cut the chains. He filed a police report but he knows he'll never see any of it again. It pisses him off because now he has to cut hours of his workers because he's gotta save up for new equipment. Plus he doesn't have enough equipment now for them to do the work anyway.

I hope they can get these guys.

I will drop off water hoses this afternoon.

Anyone else want to donate something on the list PM me.

Nick, would it help to make a cash donation to defray the cost of replacing the stolen items? I would be happy to send one to the school by grandkid or drop one off at the BOE. Hate this kind of thing happens. :( Just happens to hit close to home this time.

• Like 1

I will drop off water hoses this afternoon.

Anyone else want to donate something on the list PM me.

You ROCK!

This theft breaks my heart. Our son played baseball at South for four years. We were very active with the Booster Club, and aside from our own time, efforts, and contributions for the program, my heart is broken for the children this affects. It is devastating to South Paulding Baseball AND Softball.

Please join our community in praying for the thieves to be brought to justice and for the programs as they rebuild.

• Like 1

back in may our scout equipment trailer was stolen - from a church parking lot. It is amazing what people will steal. I hope someone comes through for the school.

back in may our scout equipment trailer was stolen - from a church parking lot. It is amazing what people will steal. I hope someone comes through for the school.

Did you ever recover any of the equipment or the trailer?? We've had two trailer's stolen out of our parking lot, locked gate and cameras.

no on the scout trailer- Cobb PD stated the trailer probably ended up in Alabama due to their lack of registration requirements and the $5000+ worth of gear dumped in a land fill. Apparently the enclosed trailers are popular with construction crews.

People really suck sometimes. :glare:

Was this stuff insured (hopefully)?

mrnn

Probably not. Most of the time - this stuff is technically owned by a 501c3 and insurance just isn't in the budget. I know that our scout gear isn't insured.

And, people do really suck sometimes. :)!

Nick, would it help to make a cash donation to defray the cost of replacing the stolen items? I would be happy to send one to the school by grandkid or drop one off at the BOE. Hate this kind of thing happens. :( Just happens to hit close to home this time.

You can send the donation to the school or to the central office. Either way its appreciated. I am trying to get a full list of items to post for folks to buy and drop off at the school. If the item is too big let me know and I will come by and pick it up. If someone has these items laying around the garage or shed that would help a bunch.

• Like 1

You can send the donation to the school or to the central office. Either way its appreciated. I am trying to get a full list of items to post for folks to buy and drop off at the school. If the item is too big let me know and I will come by and pick it up. If someone has these items laying around the garage or shed that would help a bunch.

Will drop one by South Paulding tomorrow.

I would suggest the news media asked to come do a story. With our scout trailer theft, the local news channels monitor Cobb police reports and they requested interviews with our scouts. That brought on several gracious people that helped out our scout troop financially as well as with equipment donations. I am sure if the word got out there a local business that has equipment would make a donation.

This kind of bs will only get worse with the 'sense of entitlement' going on now in the U.S. Our dear elected Representatives keep telling the masses that if you don't have what your neighbors have, it's their fault. Gotta get those votes.

This kind of bs will only get worse with the 'sense of entitlement' going on now in the U.S. Our dear elected Representatives keep telling the masses that if you don't have what your neighbors have, it's their fault. Gotta get those votes.

Ha. It would seem most of my neighbors have car payments on top of mortgage payments. (I do NOT know if they have car payments or not, but most drive newer cars/trucks/suv). NO THANK YOU. My car has always been paid off. It is not new by any means, but I do NOT want what my neighbors have, especially what their bills appear to be.

I do not feel entitled to anything, but I agree with your post that a lot of people do in fact feel entitled to what anyone and everyone has that they do not have. I have heard people say they were entitled to so and so. :wacko: I have noticed it also. Me, I will keep what I have and the bills I have and be happy!

Email from Coach Galamore about this weekend -

Please keep an eye out for our stuff, here is a list of some of the stuff that was taken.

John Deere Gator, yes its true, this was chained up and they used a drill to drill through the lock and also took chain

Broke into storage building with a crow bar and took

Stihl weedeater and edger attachment

Backpack blower

Air compressor and accessories

skill saw and recip saw

all of our gas cans

2 garden hoses

our tool box that was full of tools

they took the battery off the mower and basically destroyed the drag trying to get that battery off

broke in concession and broke open cabinet and took every UA hat and beanie and also every t-shirt

industrial floor fan

they did not take the fans in dugouts but did cut the wires off them and took them, softball fan wires were stolen to

I'm sure I will find some more things missing today when I go down there, I was so upset and out of my mind Saturday morning when I was walking with the police, I'm sure I missed some stuff that they took.

All in all, I estimate over $20,000 worth of stuff was either taken or damaged.

Please keep your eyes and ears open for this stuff. Please let law enforcement know if someone suddenly has stuff like this that shouldn't or wouldn't. This is alot that the team/school/etc. has to replace.

Hate to hear this. I will check tomorrow to see how donation checks need to be made out to contribute to replacement costs. Maybe we call all pitch in :good:

Then hide some wildlife cameras to catch would be thieves in the future!!!

I posted this in stolen in ga - al catch a thief on facebook. Seems the same type of stuff was stolen in villa rica at the vplex on aug 5. I would keep an eye out on craigslist. I am surprised the cameras didn't catch them yet. I know there is plenty of cameras at our school and would definitly see who is coming or going.

Edited by jmd

Interesting:

Villa Rica Police Department

On 08/05/13 the City of Villa Rica had equipment stolen from VPLEX. The following items were taken:

John Deer Gator

2002 7x14 foot Haul Rite utility trailer

Several hand tools

If anyone has information or saw anything between the hours of 16:30 on 08/05/13 to 07:00 on 08/06/12 please contact Detective Seagraves of the Villa Rica Police Department 678-840-1321 reference case number 201308000225

Villa Rica Police Department

On 08/06/13 the City of Villa Rica had several items stolen from Pine Mountain Gold Museum. The following items were taken:

Stihl Orange & White Quickly Saw

Honda 2,500/3,000 watt red and black generator

John Deer green diesel Gator.

If anyone has information or saw anything between the hours of 08/06/13 16:00 to 08/07/13 08:00 please contact Detective Seagraves reference case #201308000271

Not to sound, out of the loop on things, but what is a John Deer Gator?

Thank you for asking. I was wondering also...LOL

Some people are not worth the air we breathe. Stealing from Churches, schools and other places is worse than stealing from private residence. Both are horrible and the thieves need to be caught and given a stiff punishment. Not just jail time, but I agree with the poster who said they should be made to work and repay for the items they stole. :angry2:

For those wishing to make a monetary donation to SP Baseball, to help in replacing the stolen equipment, donations are being accepted on South Paulding Baseball's website @ www.SouthPauldingBaseball.com -- They would greatly appreciate it!

This really stinks!!!

Thanks for the easy way to donate to replace the items. Our county's kid's are too young too have to deal with this ugly reality of those who would rather steal/accept than earn.

Kim

• Like 1

http://douglasville.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/2-douglasville-men-arrested-in-paulding-robbery-case

Looks like they were caught.. and police recovered some of the stuff..

-Two John Deer Gator Utility Vehicles

-Refrigerator

-Gas Cans

-Propane Tanks

-Baseball Equipment (Bats, Bags, etc)

-Green Utility Wagon

-Extension Cords

-Fire Extinguisher

-Portable Spot Lights

-Miscellaneous Tools

Edited by myangel107

For those wishing to make a monetary donation to SP Baseball, to help in replacing the stolen equipment, donations are being accepted on South Paulding Baseball's website @ www.SouthPauldingBaseball.com -- They would greatly appreciate it!

Just wanted to bump this up -- any help / donation would be greatly appreciated -- Thanks!

http://douglasville.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/2-douglasville-men-arrested-in-paulding-robbery-case

Looks like they were caught.. and police recovered some of the stuff..

-Two John Deer Gator Utility Vehicles

-Refrigerator

-Gas Cans

-Propane Tanks

-Baseball Equipment (Bats, Bags, etc)

-Green Utility Wagon

-Extension Cords

-Fire Extinguisher

-Portable Spot Lights

-Miscellaneous Tools

Just saw this on the news and I am so happy they were caught!

I am so happy that they caught these dirt bags! I know they didn't get everything back but at least they did get some of it back!