Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
gpatt0n

New Rules regarding Personal attacks in signatures

Not at all. The part by Boortz is right on the money. However, note the spelling of Boortz.

It won't let me edit it....

Not offended but I think the Non-Liberal one is STUPID..I'm sure there are plenty of Republicans that are on Welfare. I rarely vote Republican and believe me I've never collected a day of Welfare in my life and neither did my Parents..Pretty sure my Grandparents didn't either.

Maybe you should re-read your third signature and know that I concur.... :good:

You can feel a certain way about what you say....all you want....But your sig makes it sound like if you work you have to be a Republican and that is just ridiculous.

But like I said I'm not offended so leave it there...To reflect your personality :drinks:

• Like 1

See if this will take you to the page to edt your signature:

http://paulding.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=members&area=signature

Not offended but I think the Non-Liberal one is STUPID..I'm sure there are plenty of Republicans that are on Welfare. I rarely vote Republican and believe me I've never collected a day of Welfare in my life and neither did my Parents..Pretty sure my Grandparents didn't either.

LOVE your signatures. Great quotes.

This whole thing is just a total public relations disaster.

If management doesn't like somebody's siggy, why not deal with it privately? Why make it an issue?

Better yet, just turn off the whole feature of signature lines on the entire site. Who would care?

• Like 3

If management doesn't like somebody's siggy, why not deal with it privately? Why make it an issue?

Better yet, just turn off the whole feature of signature lines on the entire site. Who would care?

^^^ this makes too much sense.

Someone got their panties in a wad and now everyone knows about it. Drama in, Drama out..........attitude reflects leadership.

Edited by tundra
  • Like 3

Good point.

Another point is a signature will be fine until someone feels they are personally attacked by it.

How will the moderation handle that?

From what I've experienced it seems to be over-reaction, cast aspersions, and attack without having all the facts accounted for.

As if those doing the criticizing in this thread aren't being equally silly and immature...:rolleyes:

I think the vast majority of people come here to be silly and immature. I know I do. What cracks me up are the ones that take this sheeze serious.

• Like 9

I think the vast majority of people come here to be silly and immature. I know I do. What cracks me up are the ones that take this sheeze serious.

Fo' real! I did that one time but not again :rofl:

• Like 1

And besides, after TP's comment a couple of weeks ago about camel toes, he has a pass from me for a long time to come. I have never laughed at anything on here as much as I did that.

And besides, after TP's comment a couple of weeks ago about camel toes, he has a pass from me for a long time to come. I have never laughed at anything on here as much as I did that.

IKR? The dude puts up something funny and it gets removed.

Way too many sensitive folks on here without a sense of humor!

Yes, the camel toes will go down as a p.com classic!

I see Pubby covering p.com's ass, as well as his own, in the event anyone wanted to persue legally, anything from p.com.

By his "warning", I believe he has legally removed his tail from any cracks opened up by our crazy tort/legal system.

And of course anyone carrying their big ol chips on their shoulders then find the need to insult Pubby, as well as anyone not in agreement with them on p.com. I have to assume they take this very, very seriously.

I just chuckle at the foolhardiness of those who do take it so serious.

Can't read between those lines!

And this one!

Honestly Lucky, it's not always about you.

ETA: YOU did not even come into my mind, however if the shoe fits by all means wear it :wacko: I have not posted after you as you requested nor have I posted in any of your topics, I have left you totally alone. Please do the same.

Wait. People actually get upset about what they read on here? Seriously? Wow, unbelievable. They value a strangers opinion that much?

• Like 4

Honestly Lucky, it's not always about you.

ETA: YOU did not even come into my mind, however if the shoe fits by all means wear it :wacko: I have not posted after you as you requested nor have I posted in any of your topics, I have left you totally alone. Please do the same.

EDIT: You know what, never mind! And the world doesn't revolve around me and your right, it isn't always about me. Thank God!!!

We don't comment on moderation but there was a complaint about that post. Mods don't act without a complaint. Usually several complaints. Usually there are several complaints from like minded people. I won't say any more.

We don't comment on moderation but there was a complaint about that post. Mods don't act without a complaint. Usually several complaints. Usually there are several complaints from like minded people. I won't say any more.

Where has all the fun and lighthearted topics gone? People do take things too seriously around here. Banter can be a healthy thing, just don't turn it into a nasty mess that roams off topic. Let's have fun, but I must say how far is too far? I really don't know these days. This is sad.

That was a fun thread that could have been moved to PAULDING Place. Instead folks complained and posts got removed. But let some nasty hateful stuff start and it stays.

Whateva!

• Like 2

That was a fun thread that could have been moved to PAULDING Place. Instead folks complained and posts got removed. But let some nasty hateful stuff start and it stays.

Whateva!

YUP!

Whateva!

Agreed

I said I wasn't going to comment anymore but I need to make one last point,

The BACON stuff was all in fun. Several of us were kidding around with the postman and in all probability making his threads a lot more bearable than they normally are. And frankly, I think he liked the attention (go figure). Perhaps there were a couple of comments that went too far, I'm not going to second guess the mods on that. But all in all, it was in fun. Then apparently someone got their panties in a bunch, and now we have this new rule stating that we can't talk about bacon in ONE member's threads. :unsure:

There was no cyberstalking (queue scary organ music) going on, no ganging up on anyone, there was no conspiring. We were cracking bacon jokes. Really people, how silly can you be? Mountain out of a molehill much?

OK, that's all I wanted to say. Oh and, World Peace! :wub:

• Like 5

Agreed

I said I wasn't going to comment anymore but I need to make one last point,

The BACON stuff was all in fun. Several of us were kidding around with the postman and in all probability making his threads a lot more bearable than they normally are. And frankly, I think he liked the attention (go figure). Perhaps there were a couple of comments that went too far, I'm not going to second guess the mods on that. But all in all, it was in fun. Then apparently someone got their panties in a bunch, and now we have this new rule stating that we can't talk about bacon in ONE member's threads. :unsure:

There was no cyberstalking (queue scary organ music) going on, no ganging up on anyone, there was no conspiring. We were cracking bacon jokes. Really people, how silly can you be? Mountain out of a molehill much?

OK, that's all I wanted to say. Oh and, World Peace! :wub:

GD, that comment was inspiring. So inspiring I went to the wiki and read this entire entry.

pubby

GD, that comment was inspiring. So inspiring I went to the wiki and read this entire entry.

pubby

And your reply was pretty ridiculous. Aren't you the one that was telling us not to take forum stuff so seriously not long ago? Oh, but that was different. :)

GD:

... and I thought I was being funny :)

pubby

The delivery needs work, my friend. :pardon:

Turning off signatures is the single most positive change I've made yet...

Yet you have a really long signature. :unsure:

Does my sig offend anyone? 8)

Edited by cptlo306

No, but your icon thingy.......... :)

No, but your icon thingy.......... :)

You are offended by greatness?? Some people just can't appreciate an extraordinary thing when they see it. :D

Don't worry cptl306, I love your avatar!

:wub:

You are offended by greatness?? Some people just can't appreciate an extraordinary thing when they see it. :D

Don't worry cptl306, I love your avatar!

:wub:

Greatness??

This must be some strange use of the word with which I am unfamiliar.

:)

Nope. It is very accurate in what it states.

I think your siggy is "True Speak"...Awesome !!! Does my Siggy offend anyone ??

I think your siggy is "True Speak"...Awesome !!! Does my Siggy offend anyone ??

Not me.