Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Raider

who was the very first pcom member you met?

Satellite, Ridge Road Retiree, KittyCat, This Boy Ain't Right, Kin Ball, Honkin, and many many others.

I think This Boy Ain't Right was actually the first one I met. ,

same for me- except i met you along with the others. i have a picture somewhere of the meeting i may have paid pubby a visit before becoming active on the site .

For me it was Pubby, then Tbar....back when Pubby handled everything from Higher Ground Cafe.....waaaay back in the day (2003)

oh my goodness... it is good to see you posting...... :yahoo:

a lot of these names area blast from the past.....

Hm, should I start a thread on p.com members that you've walked up to out of the blue :crazy:

and you did not tell them who you were..... I have done a pcom member that way so many times lol.... and then wait until I get back on here and tell him it was nice seeing him... when he does meet me he will probably hurt me... :pardon:

Surepip sure is a lucky guy. The first time I met her I thought to myself what a beautiful, grace-filled woman. I look forward to every time I see her. She just seems to radiate class and kindness. No joke.

Yes, I am blessed.

Y'all will get a kick out of this.

I started going to visit a group who manufactured poultry equipment in Brasil in 1987. The first trip I stayed in the local 10 room hotel in the huge metropolis of Amparo....maybe 5,000 citizens.

The next trip, Donald asked if I would prefer to stay at his house....a gorgeous hacienda built in a small valley/bowl with 200' tall ridges around 3 sides. Beautiful gardens, etc., and we could eat breakfast together and talk before going to the office. His wife stayed most of the time in Sao Paulo, 90 minutes away. I stayed in one of his son's rooms. All the kids were grown, and he stayed in this 5 bedroom house by himself.

This went on for several trips a year, 1-2 weeks, 2-3 times a year. I got to know his 2 sons and daughter well, and they would come and take me with them for the weekends to visit other places, go eat, etc. And we would have great family meals around his table, which he copied from the 1750's 5' diameter round pine table in my house with a lazy susan.

Local pizza, sometimes I would cook, others would cook, really good times. Lots of Chachasa, wine, and foods.

Donald's health started to deteriorate, and the next time I arrived, I finally met Iveny his wife. A very attractive redhead tall lady several years younger than Donald. I could see all the kids in her, and she was a lot of fun, although she spoke ZERO English. We would have coffee and breakfast, and if Donald was up to it we would go to the office. And Iveny and I would communicate in semi Portuguese and Spanish. We became close. I loved her husband and she knew there was a great bond between us. We had a lot of great times. But I was always by myself.

I came down to spend a week at the office with me [i was on his payroll as a consultant, and he paid all my expenses] and then for their Brasilian Poultry Show in Sao Paulo. This was the mid 1990s.

Mrs Surepip came down the end of my first week to be there with me for the poultry show in Sao Paulo which had been combined with a big trade show group, VIV, from Holland and was geared as a total Latin American show, so Surepip had a booth of its own, hence MrsS and some of my other staff coming for this trip.

Iveny and Donald had already gone to bed the night before when MrsS got there, and we both came down for breakfast. Donald and Iveny's son, Denis was there who spoke English well [he went to prep school in Philadelphia when he was 12-13-14] and we enjoyed a nice repast, and Iveny and Denis started talking in Portuguese, and Denis just cracks up, laughing so hard tears were rolling down his cheeks.

I'm like, "OK, whats so damn funny". He turns and says, "My mom has just informed me .....she loves you dearly, but just is really, really impressed with your wife, and has nicknamed y'all......The Beauty and the Beast!".

This has stuck through this day. Donald died years ago, but we still stay in touch with Iveny, Denis, his wife, daughter, brother, sister, etc.

But I have always been the BEAST, and my lovely bride, The Beauty every since.

And yes, Lowrider, I think it was you who leaned over and introduced yourself at the East Paulding High meeting about the school bond. You said you knew who we were, because of the "Southern Lady" I was with. By the way, she was born in Charleston, and as a military naval brat spent time all the way to California growing up, ending up in Lebanon, Tennessee. She hates her accent, which I love, as I do her. And she is indeed a true Southern Lady, and indeed "she does radiate class and kindness".

Thanks for the compliments which I will make sure she sees.

THE BEAST, aka Surepip

Pubby and Johnny J. :)

O and if you were wanting to know the first p.commer other than signing up in Pubby's office. I would have to say i went to a meet and greet to see what i was getting into.HEE!HEE! I guess you can say in a way it was Lady Raider.LOL She looked at me and i looked at her and said who are you.She said who are you. I said who are you.She said who are you and we both told. Truth be known we both were surprized that we were talking to each other on the site. LOL LOL LOL. I have known her way before P.com. :yahoo:

Officially my first Pcommer was my wife, she told me about the site. The first member I met was Johnny J, then it was either Cardie or Lacey, my memory is kinda fuzzy. Then there was Honkin, AltantaDave, Kittykat, Soapmom, Lesley71, TBAR and so many others...

Liar!

I met no one and don't want to meet anyone! Well, I had no choice but to know THOUGHTS! WHO I was HIS SECOND person HE KNOWS!!!!!! His wife is the FIRST!!

Even thou that is a lie, I just can't remember everyone I met....

I won something on "The Front Porch" show one night on the way home from work and I met several at once. PsychoMom, Satellite, TBAR... there were more but I don't remember all of them. I have since met many others.

I think WenFen was the first person I met. She cared for my dearly departed Bulldog and my ancient kitty. Because of her incredible ability to care for pets and her giant heart, I was able to spend time with my husband in far away places when he was working overseas. My DH was able to get some much needed time away from a combat zone while he was on R&R because we could trust our beloved pets with her.

Momof3 sewed hospital gowns for my nephew while he was battling his second round of Lymphoma after having already endured a liver transplant. I've never been so surprised at the kindness of complete strangers than I was by her. My nephew always had a smile on his face for each chemo treatment when he wore his FSU gown and PJ's while being treated at the University of Florida. He's completely recovered and grown almost a foot in just a few months.

I recently met MsGAStorm at my Estate sale. Her heart shines through. What a beautiful person. I smile knowing that she will take excellent care of the Victorian lady, and the box my husband sent me from Afghanistan. I hope nothing but love, health, and happiness for her :drinks:

OK, so that wasn't my first PCom, but three that touched my life in some great ways.

I think the first person I met was Pubby, then Johnny J, then LPPT then Solo and KRM. Once me, Solo and KRM got together to say we had a fun time is silly, we had a GREAT time.

It's quite a eclectic group here on Pcom. :blink: 8P :crazy:

I met no one and don't want to meet anyone! Well, I had no choice but to know THOUGHTS! WHO I was HIS SECOND person HE KNOWS!!!!!! His wife is the FIRST!!

I know you! :spiteful:

I remember when I met you... I bought a flower arrangement from you that you made for me for my daddy's grave... The dump truck is still going strong... I put new flowers in it every year for fathers day...

That is great. you mean it is still on the grave site? That's good.

I've told them all. Let's see... Blondie & Papi, FBBC, Raiders Rock. I might be missing some.

And I couldn't hear you!

I still feel bad about that. :(

No that was a clone

Good God don't tell me there's two of you!

I don't remember the first one I met but I do remember the first one I knew of. She's now known as New Attitude. She told me about Pcom.

I also knew TBAR before Pcom and had seen Pubby around Dallas before I was on Pcom as he and I both used to frequent Main Street Sandwich Shoppe. I also knew "of" LPPT and had met her once very briefly (she doesn't even remember that I'm sure).

I guess the first Pcommer I met who I did not already know was Riley's Auto Detailing (Marc).

Johnny Jacobs and I always said we knew each other from somewhere but never could figure where. Gosh, I miss that guy.

I GOT PICS....lol.....I try to have the best FUN possible

:yahoo: :yahoo:

I also remember we gave you a going away party at Mia's and the date that was picked I had an unexpected ELVIS SHOW....and I took MIA'S DJ with me and I had to scrambled to find a new DJ so you all could have your party........

I always loved that group of people.:wub:

• Like 1

I have met a TON of ppl over the years!! We use to do meet n greets all the time. The 1st person I remember meeting was lisag and we still keep in touch

Looking at all these screen names on here, I was trying to remember who the first pcom member was that I met.. so who was your first pcom member you met that you did not already know?

You were the first one I met. Remember I hunted you down at your job? :lol:

By The Way... My son is getting married September 14th, to a wonderful woman, and he has custody of his daughter! :yahoo:

LR, you were the first pcommer I met. It was right after you and your husband had your motorcycle wreck.

I remember that oh to well.... pcom was good to my husband and me when we had our wreck.. and when i was laid up those few weeks I had a lot of visitors and would have gone stir crazy if not for pcom being here for me to talk to. :pardon:

You were the first one I met. Remember I hunted you down at your job? :lol:

By The Way... My son is getting married September 14th, to a wonderful woman, and he has custody of his daughter! :yahoo:

lol I remember.... and I am so happy for your son... tell him I said congrats.... he has come a long way from high school to being a responsible father... :wub:

I always loved that group of people.:wub:

I do too.....and here's a pic of us on your welcome home party when you came to visit pic.......

Lady Raider...I still have the card and the angel you sent me.........when I was under the weather....thanks so much...I look at it from time to time to keep me in check with what all I've been through......Thanks for the memories.....

post-4516-0-12980600-1376052183_thumb.jpg

post-4516-0-07974300-1376052237_thumb.jpg

post-4516-0-20596900-1376052358_thumb.jpg

Ill have you know, I never, ever, walk into Target and not think about Fryin'.

Good ole Fryin'!! He's no longer there! That was always the best story though. S'Morgan and Fryin. lololol. Do yall remember the Secret Santa gifts we used to do? Was it secret santa?? I loved that!!

I still remember the story Shipwrecked?? posted about his lawn cutting party. Those were the good old days.

First person I met was Vicki Vale. I've met Myrlin, Lisag, and Mektige because I bought something from each of them a long time ago. I've met Pubby in passing. I've met Spacey74 and copschick. I'm related to Blondie, Papi and GeorgiaDawg.

Looking at all these screen names on here, I was trying to remember who the first pcom member was that I met.. so who was your first pcom member you met that you did not already know?

You! At a lunch. I think AtlDav and a few more where there.

Good ole Fryin'!! He's no longer there! That was always the best story though. S'Morgan and Fryin. lololol. Do yall remember the Secret Santa gifts we used to do? Was it secret santa?? I loved that!!

I still remember the story Shipwrecked?? posted about his lawn cutting party. Those were the good old days.

Lol I could never go through his line; I'd et the giggles. Lol

I've met so many people from here and some of them have become wonderful friends, and even our kids are friends now. Now I don't think there's many if that old group if folks left.

I always wanted to go on a hunt with PyscoMom.

Lol I could never go through his line; I'd et the giggles. Lol

I've met so many people from here and some of them have become wonderful friends, and even our kids are friends now. Now I don't think there's many if that old group if folks left.

I always wanted to go on a hunt with PyscoMom.

OOO!!!! Me too!!!

Smokin as well. The pink tutu photos of him TBAR and satellite at raccoon creek to raise money for heartwalk bring back great memories

Ellen! :wub:

At a Meet and Greet in Hiram and then we went to Home Depot together to shop for flooring.