Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Chelle

Has anyone tried the new restaurant in Yorkville?

Has anyone tried Big Lew's Country Cooking? (where Dude's Steakhouse used to be)

If so, what did you get and how was it? Are they reasonably priced for what you get?

It would be so nice to have a great restaurant in Yorkville again! I miss Dude's!

My parents didnt and said it wasnt good. The potatoes tasted like they were from a box. And I cant remember what else they ordered (i can ask again) but they said they would never go back.

When this place was Dudes, we went at least twice a month. Then when it was Wallace's, I would go for lunch a few times a month.

This area appears unable to support a "good" restaurant and that's a shame.

I won't try this new place.

Aww, that's a shame, Lisa. I figured a place with "Country Cooking" in their name wouldn't cook from a box. That's disappointing.

Thanks, Austin. We've eaten at both places and they are both very good. I was just hoping for something "right around the corner."

Rocky... Dude's did great for years, until Dude died. I worked there in '96/97 and besides the people from Yorkville, we had customers from surrounding counties, as well. So many nights, we stayed packed from open until close... and people would have to wait outside for tables because we were so full. To this day, when I tell people I'm from Yorkville, so many tell me they used to come out here to eat at Dude's. We tried both Cole's and Wallace's and didn't really care for the food at either. I think the area can certainly support a good restaurant... but the food has to be good and not overpriced.

• Like 1

Aww, that's a shame, Lisa. I figured a place with "Country Cooking" in their name wouldn't cook from a box. That's disappointing.

Thanks, Austin. We've eaten at both places and they are both very good. I was just hoping for something "right around the corner."

Rocky... Dude's did great for years, until Dude died. I worked there in '96/97 and besides the people from Yorkville, we had customers from surrounding counties, as well. So many nights, we stayed packed from open until close... and people would have to wait outside for tables because we were so full. To this day, when I tell people I'm from Yorkville, so many tell me they used to come out here to eat at Dude's. We tried both Cole's and Wallace's and didn't really care for the food at either. I think the area can certainly support a good restaurant... but the food has to be good and not overpriced.

:good:

When Dude's was there, there were about 1/2 as many people in Yorkville as there are now. Yorkville certainly has and should support a good restaurant. I sure do miss Dude and Susan, they were the nicest folks you could ever want to meet.

We went about 2 wks ago and not sure I really want to go back, either. The server told us about their special, Fried Chicken, Chicken & Dressing (ooops, I forgot about the dressing and added this) Collard Greens and Sweet Potato. We both ordered the same thing and the chickebn was cooked way too long, it tasted like old grease, the collards was NOT good, either!! The Sweet Potato was cut in half with Cinnamon on it. The server never told us that there was cinnamon on the potato, I asked her to get me another one, without the Cinnamon. It was a small potato and it was cut in half. I asked if all of the chicken was cooked like the one I had and she said yes. I asked her IF she could take my meal, off of the ticket. We ~may~ try it again but, that's a B-I-G maybe!!!! The dressing was NOT good and I never even tried the sweet potato or the corn mufin, I only had one bite of the Collards. Hubby ate his, He really didn't like it but, he did eat it.