• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 maddystew8625

maddystew8625

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

It seems like the government can read everything, but I want to really find out. This PRISM thing seems to be about phone data, but what about emails and text messages?
Also, does a secure messaging app like Tigertext which auto-deletes message prevent the government from reading those messages?

#2 mrnn

mrnn

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

Even if you were texting someone to hire them to murder your spouse, anything the NSA collects is inadmissible in court. As far as TigerText or whatever, the government is collecting the actual data that is transmitted, not what is on your phone. Once you hit "send" on an email or text, the data is transmitted over the telecom infrastructure which the government is apparently monitoring.

mrnn

"Republicans have been fleeced, exploited, and lied to by the conservative entertainment complex" -- David Frum, Former Bush Speechwriter and directer of Republican Jewish Coalition

#3 A Former Geek

A Former Geek

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,476 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:02 PM

The safe route is to assume EVERYTHING you do is being monitored and recorded. However, I do not think anyone can read our thoughts yet, but that's probably just around the corner.

#4 sadie612

sadie612

Yo diggity

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,723 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:12 PM

before you send any picture of yourself please think...Do I want to become the next wiener? hahaha

As I tell my dd once it is out there it is out there. Just because you delete it doesn't mean the person who you sent it to deletes it
  • Mrs G likes this
This is your life, are you who you wanna be!?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics