Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
backintheday

I need a cake made for my Grandson

I have a friend that makes them. If you want to pm me your name and number I can have her call you.....or I can get her number to you!

Anyone know where I can find someone who can make a cake in the shape of a shotgun? TIA

I don't know. I'm wondering how old your grandson is that you would make a cake in the shape of a shotgun?

I don't know. I'm wondering how old your grandson is that you would make a cake in the shape of a shotgun?

There's an age limit?

I need a grooms cake in the shape of a shotgun!!!

There's an age limit?

Don't you mean a shotgun in the shape of a cake?

There's an age limit?

ha ha! I realize grandsons come in all age brackets. But when I saw this posted, I automatically thought little guy - not an adult. Not that anyone asked my opinion or anything, but I think it's just a really bad idea to get a little one a cake shaped like a gun. Just like I wouldn't (and didn't) let them have guns to play with (except water guns - and only the little cheapy ones you have to fill up every 2 seconds).

ha ha! I realize grandsons come in all age brackets. But when I saw this posted, I automatically thought little guy - not an adult. Not that anyone asked my opinion or anything, but I think it's just a really bad idea to get a little one a cake shaped like a gun. Just like I wouldn't (and didn't) let them have guns to play with (except water guns - and only the little cheapy ones you have to fill up every 2 seconds).

because he might grow up to be overwight? or assault someone with a birthday candle? :ninja:

• Like 2

My boy loves his toy guns... He has quite a few of them, water guns, do nothing guns, cap guns, nerf guns, etc. I am a firm believer in teaching my kid common sense and what is and isn't appropriate. Hopefully he will turn out alright! :)

ETA - Oh and he has a couple of BB guns too, even thought I have been warned he is going to shoot his eye out. :mellow:

<----- Prolly not getting parent of the year vote from you!

Edited by All I Hear is Blah Blah Blah
  • Like 3

My boy loves his toy guns... He has quite a few of them, water guns, do nothing guns, cap guns, nerf guns, etc. I am a firm believer in teaching my kid common sense and what is and isn't appropriate. Hopefully he will turn out alright! :)

ETA - Oh and he has a couple of BB guns too, even thought I have been warned he is going to shoot his eye out. :mellow:

<----- Prolly not getting parent of the year vote from you!

You're probably right. While my kids did not have guns as they grew up, we have two sons who carry guns as part of their jobs and they are quite responsible. I don't believe that by not letting them have access to guns made them any less men. It is truly scary when a small child points his fingers at you in a gun shape and says bang! I've seen it before, although he was not aiming at me. That is irresponsible parenting, my friend. Not saying your kids do that. I'm just telling my side.....

I've never been frightened by a child who 'shot' at me with a finger. It may be rude, but not scary, to me.

I guess the world needs all kinds. I'm glad we can have differences of opinions and parenting styles. It makes us all unique!

when I was a kid I had cap guns and water guns. Dad bought me a BB Gun when I was 8 years old. My first real gun was a 30.06 rifle at the age of 14. I bought my first hand gun at 21. I still hold a conceiled weapons permit. My dad let me know real quick that he would wrap that barrel around my head if I ever pointed it at anyone. Lets just say I still have that gun and the barrel is still straight as a board...LOL.

Man, how did I not grow up to be a killer. We played cops and robbers, war, cowboys and Indians. My cousins had so many different toy guns it was insane. We would play from sun up until sundown. Good times.

I my day kids pointed their index fingers at each other and went "bang, your dead", "no, I shot first, your dead" and things like that.

Now days kids point their middle finger at everyone and say....you know what they say.

I can promise that I never considered a finger "gun" anything but playing.

I "shoot" the wife at least once a month with my finger "gun", I shoot myself at least twice a month with my finger "gun" and I try the TV remote mute button on the wife at least once a week.

None of those things mean or do anything.

(ok, sometimes the wife catches me using the mute button on her and it does do something, it increases the volume)

Man, how did I not grow up to be a killer. We played cops and robbers, war, cowboys and Indians. My cousins had so many different toy guns it was insane. We would play from sun up until sundown. Good times.

:drinks:

I grew up around guns. When I was very young (I don't remember how old I was) my dad bought a 22 and said it was mine. He did take me out in the yard to shoot it on occasion. We have guns. Hubby and I both have hand guns and we have a 22, a shot gun and another gun, but I don't know what it is. My hand gun is a 45 and hubby's is a 40.

My brother grew up with toy guns. My kids never got into the toy gun thing, but they would pick up sticks and use them as guns. My boys have had water guns, but they wouldn't play with them much. Just wasn't their thing I guess.

I remember my brother and I playing guns with our fingers growing up. One time we were at my grandparents house playing guns and my brother "shot" me. I fell forward. My granddaddy said, "If you were really shot you would have fell backward." LOL

About six or eight months ago, I drove by a kid in the neighborhood behind me riding his bike. When he saw me he pointed his finger at me and pretended to shoot. He had a mean look in his eye. True story. It was creepy.

I am neither pro or anti cakes shaped like guns. I just wanted to share my creepy kid story.

I grew up around guns. When I was very young (I don't remember how old I was) my dad bought a 22 and said it was mine. He did take me out in the yard to shoot it on occasion. We have guns. Hubby and I both have hand guns and we have a 22, a shot gun and another gun, but I don't know what it is. My hand gun is a 45 and hubby's is a 40.

My brother grew up with toy guns. My kids never got into the toy gun thing, but they would pick up sticks and use them as guns. My boys have had water guns, but they wouldn't play with them much. Just wasn't their thing I guess.

I remember my brother and I playing guns with our fingers growing up. One time we were at my grandparents house playing guns and my brother "shot" me. I fell forward. My granddaddy said, "If you were really shot you would have fell backward." LOL

Back in my day, we couldn't afford play guns.

We had to use sticks and maybe a bat for a bazooka.

We were lucky we could afford sticks.