14 replies to this topic

#1 Majortonic

Majortonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:41 AM

Hi everyone, just want to let you know my band 3 Left Standing will be playing at Stix in Villa Rica this Friday Aug. 2nd this will be our first time there so if your in the area or would like to hear some great 70's 80's Classic rock, come out and join us! thanks for your support! Catch you soon :-)
Visit my Blog thanks
Blog.RussSelby.com

#2 Glenn's Mowers (SUBBY)

Glenn's Mowers (SUBBY)

An old fart just doing his part to make this a better place to l

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,184 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:44 AM

Don't I know you fellers??? :ninja: ;)
Business Phone: 678-315-8794 Email: glennsmowerrepair@gmail.com Website: http://glennsmowerrepairs.webs.com/

#3 Majortonic

Majortonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:12 AM

Don't I know you fellers??? :ninja: ;)

Maybe lol i have been around PC for awhile :-) band mates are Kerry Drew gtr & vocals from(285) Jeremy Truit(drums) & Russ Selby (bass) from(Masque)
Visit my Blog thanks
Blog.RussSelby.com

#4 feelip

feelip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,620 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:04 AM

We saw you guys at Mia's once. Really good. We would come more often but just take take being in a closed up space with cigarette smoke any more.

You did some great Stevie Ray. If Stix is smoke free let me know, we will definitely be there.
Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

#5 Majortonic

Majortonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

We saw you guys at Mia's once. Really good. We would come more often but just take take being in a closed up space with cigarette smoke any more.

You did some great Stevie Ray. If Stix is smoke free let me know, we will definitely be there.

I will have to check into that I really don't know if it s smoke free or not! but we do play several places that are so keep in touch! :-)
Visit my Blog thanks
Blog.RussSelby.com

#6 scannin'yourheart

scannin'yourheart

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

I will have to check into that I really don't know if it s smoke free or not! but we do play several places that are so keep in touch! :-)

Stix is NOT smoke free - I hate going there for that reason

"People who live in
glass houses shouldn't
throw stones"

#7 NC-17

NC-17

loud pipes save lives

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,151 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

Stix is NOT smoke free - I hate going there for that reason

we refuse to go there or play there, not because of the smoke, but the trashy ass regulars.... <_<

#8 Majortonic

Majortonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

we refuse to go there or play there, not because of the smoke, but the trashy ass regulars.... <_<

Well Dang I guess we will see first hand soon enough lol, be sure to look us up sometime and catch a show threeleftstanding.com or facebook.com/threeleftstanding

BTW which band are you with? do I know you all?
Visit my Blog thanks
Blog.RussSelby.com

#9 TJB

TJB

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

Isn't this the place where a young man was almost killed by three losers. When I used to sing in a band, I always got nervous at places like this.

#10 Glenn's Mowers (SUBBY)

Glenn's Mowers (SUBBY)

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,184 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

Well Dang I guess we will see first hand soon enough lol, be sure to look us up sometime and catch a show threeleftstanding.com or facebook.com/threeleftstanding

BTW which band are you with? do I know you all?

Currently, I find myself playing with 3 bands. But, I hope to be in Buckhead within the month so I can make some REAL $$$$. It's tough to make money outside of Atlanta, especially on the west side over here.
Business Phone: 678-315-8794 Email: glennsmowerrepair@gmail.com Website: http://glennsmowerrepairs.webs.com/

#11 Glenn's Mowers (SUBBY)

Glenn's Mowers (SUBBY)

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,184 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

Isn't this the place where a young man was almost killed by three losers. When I used to sing in a band, I always got nervous at places like this.

Every bar has a history. If I let that bother me, I'd never made it this far. Also, I have found that bands tend to bring in whatever types of fans they have. Ours have always been laid back older folks. These same bars have had terrible things happen but never with bands playing there that I was with. It's tough to stereotype any particular bar, for that matter....although I know people love to do that.

#12 TJB

TJB

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:37 PM

Every bar has a history. If I let that bother me, I'd never made it this far. Also, I have found that bands tend to bring in whatever types of fans they have. Ours have always been laid back older folks. These same bars have had terrible things happen but never with bands playing there that I was with. It's tough to stereotype any particular bar, for that matter....although I know people love to do that.

It never stopped me but I was singing in an R&B band and our band leader booked us at a skinhead bar, luckily, there were no problems, but I was always a little more aware in places like this.

#13 Glenn's Mowers (SUBBY)

Glenn's Mowers (SUBBY)

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,184 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

It never stopped me but I was singing in an R&B band and our band leader booked us at a skinhead bar, luckily, there were no problems, but I was always a little more aware in places like this.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Once in a while you'll come across some bars that are inherently associated with a particular type of folks. Some of the bars we play in have a large number of bikers, but a LOT of our fans are also bikers. Some folks shy away from them, but I've found most bikers to be some of best people you'll fins anywhere, and they are probably among the most dedicated and loyal fans we have. ;)

#14 TJB

TJB

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:15 AM

Yeah, I know what you mean. Once in a while you'll come across some bars that are inherently associated with a particular type of folks. Some of the bars we play in have a large number of bikers, but a LOT of our fans are also bikers. Some folks shy away from them, but I've found most bikers to be some of best people you'll fins anywhere, and they are probably among the most dedicated and loyal fans we have. ;)

I like bikers and most of them are cool people who are accepting of everybody. when I played the bar full of skinheads, I was more concerned for my black band members, who were nervous as well but luckily there were no problems. It's usually young people and alcohol where problems start.

#15 Glenn's Mowers (SUBBY)

Glenn's Mowers (SUBBY)

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,184 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

I like bikers and most of them are cool people who are accepting of everybody. when I played the bar full of skinheads, I was more concerned for my black band members, who were nervous as well but luckily there were no problems. It's usually young people and alcohol where problems start.

;) Older people too...just add enough booze.
  • TJB likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics