Paulding.com

Where to get a good salad in PC?

I agree 110%!! I miss the RT salad of "old".

OMGOSH ~ YES it was!!! About 35 years ago we would drive from Heflin, AL to Birmingham, AL just to eat at Steak and Ale. The BEST salad bar EVER. And, the prime rib was =@ !!

ME TOO!! Still get one when go to the Sonny's on Cobb Pkwy.

As far as the Hickory Hut....when we moved here in 1996 we heard SOOOOO much about this place. Went one time....the LAST time, too!!!

YES it is........IF it is fresh!!! And, that is hit and miss. I've had it several times with their new Wedge Salad and it was good. On the contrary I've gotten it several times when it was SO salty I couldn't eat it. The high sodium means it has been sitting a day or two. :(

THANKS for everyone's input and I will definitely keep it in mind.

And, when I want a Greek Salad I will try either Mellow Mushroom or Olive Tree. The BEST I've ever had was at Mata's Greek Pizza and Grinders in Anniston, AL. The salad with their supreme pizza is to die for and always on the agenda when we go "home".

I suggest the greek salad from Mellow Mushroom, you get a lot more and the dressing is homemade.

The Olive Tree is so-so and small and the dressing is watered down. I haven't been there in over a year because it's overpriced and the portions are small and just not that good.

AND I did put some Monterey Jack on the salad with a combo of ranch and Russian dressing. YUMM

I love the California salad (not sure that is what it is called there) and their new Wedge Salad with French Onion Soup.

I ended up getting the Zaxby's House zalad with fried chicken. Was good but just did not hit the spot. Half of it is in the frig. I am impatiently waiting for them to return their Zenzation Zalad. One of my all time FAV salads!!!

THANKS for all the suggestions!

That's a pretty good salad if you have them hold those nasty onion things.

Jim n nicks southern chopped salad with the pork. It has chopped pecans onions corn cheese and a vinagrette dressing. its so good. We are close to zaxbys so I get the blue buffalo salad ,and it is good.

Route 61 had a great hickory salad last time we went and it was not to badly priced. Tasted a lot like Briar Patch but cost less. I have heard the new BBQ on 92 has great hickory salads and taters, not sure my self have not been there. But my family really liked the Route 61..

I like Texas Road house salads as well. Most anywhere that has homemade dressing, is going to have a tasty salad.

Edit: Now you guys have me wanting a Salad.. Maybe there will be good salads at the beach.. :blink:

Edited by orrby