Paulding.com

Has anyone ever Filled the LEMON LAW and a New car ?? If so .. What is your imput on it

Nope, but, what make/model is it? What are the problems? Who is the dealer and what has he done to rectify the problems?

I had a friend that did it back in the 90's. It was a Camaro and after months and months, they finally took it back and give her a brand new Monte Carlo. It wasn't an easy fix. I do remember that it had to be in the shop so many times for the same reason without being fixed???

Yes .. mine has been in and out of the shop for about 8 months now with it starting at 9,000 miles . I am having electrical problems with mine . But I have filled the Lemon Law but I am not sure what to except with it . I am scared to drive it to far away and it is sad because it is a 2012 model car.

Yes .. mine has been in and out of the shop for about 8 months now with it starting at 9,000 miles . I am having electrical problems with mine . But I have filled the Lemon Law but I am not sure what to except with it . I am scared to drive it to far away and it is sad because it is a 2012 model car.

I did it once and it was the biggest joke ever.... I ended up trading it because the dealers have so many loopholes they know how to get around it. Mine was for a unsteady idle on a brand new car, it would often stall out at lights, etc. I tried the nice route, then the lemon law route, then suing them. They had so many loopholes/angles they could escape out of I just gave up.... My advice is to find an attorney who specializes in lemon law, if I had realized there was a such thing back them I would have gladly payed them whatever they wanted! Hope you have a better experience with it!

My brother took one back. He bought a brand new car had is 3 months, 45 days of that it was in the shop.. He took it back they paid it off and he was out from under loan and the bad car. He had to keep notes and paper work of every time it was worked on, who worked on it and how long it was in shop, plus how many mile it had on it each time .

It was a lot of work getting them to take it back. However eventually they had no choice, he threatened to get a lawyer. Look it up on line. It will give you all the steps you need to follow to get them to take it back.

Edited by orrby
  • Like 1

Which reminds me of a comedy song I heard on the Dr Demento Show years and years ago...

From Proctor and Bergman's (Firesign Theatre alumni) "Give Us a Break".

< Tune of Lemon Tree:>

"Leeeeeeemon, this car's a leee-eee-mon.

This car's a lemon and

I'll never get home.

Lemon car, very tinny.

And da steering wheel's got that squeak.

And the brakes on this car lemon

Haven't lasted me a week."

<then on to>

"Day old, this car's a

Day-ay-ay old.

The battery's dead, yea

already it's de-ad.

It's a day

it's a day

it's a day

it's a day

it's a day-ay old.

The spark plugs are crusted.

There's a crack in your head."

<after some commercial interjections, we have>

"Walkin' down the road

with a piston in my hand.

Johnnie, that's too bad,

Johnnie, that soo sad..."

"Don't Jamaica fool-a yourself, Johnnie.

We've got to fix it together.

Everyone of us,

together..."

Come on down to Rusty Ford Motors... we fix you up!

Summer of 1995 I bought a new Explorer from Chuck Clancy Ford in Marietta. The salesman was a friend I had originally met at Hardy Ford.

That car started off with 7 minor issues. I took it back numerious times and each time they would fix most items on the list and by time I would get it back in for complete repairs 1 or 2 new bigger issues would develop. Each time our friend got us a loaner car.

When a knocking noise developed under the floor they determined it had a bad rear axle. It sat outside behind their shop without a rear end for about a month. Being at the end of the model year and with 96's already hitting the lots, a rear end was not available.

My friend advised me the Lemon Law was worthless and he directed me to the regional service manager who was no help. My friend then got me the president of Ford name and address. I Fed-Xed the package of all records of repairs, calls and discussions to him on a Friday. On Monday at lunch time the original regional service manager called and asked me to come over to Chuck Clancy and pick out a new Explorer. This trip he was extremely helpful. We got a 96, they swapped the serial number on the financing records and we got a book good for a bunch of free oil changes. He did ask me to give him good marks when Ford followed up to see if was happy. I did give him good marks but I also mentioned I got the run around on the front end.

In my case good records and a salesman inside the dealership helped me rid myself of a problem vehicle. My friend later told me the 95 was worth more at auction being sold as a trade-in rather than being taken back as a lemon.

Are you the original owner of it? It is VERY hard to file Lemon Law. I found out recently when a brand new vehicle I purchased was in the shop 4 times in 2 months. PM me if you have any questions, I can't really discuss much, but might be able to point you in the right direction ;)

I had Ford buy back a car under lemon law in the mid 90's. It is not an easy process. They tried screwing me right and left before they finally bought it back. If I had another car today that I could exercise lemon law on, I would really think hard about just trading it in. It took me over a year.

I used to have the VIN# for the car and I pulled it up years later and it doesn't even show it was bought back as a lemon.