Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
mach4

Paulding County Youth Detention Center #1 in sexual exploitation

This is a very legitimate question The Postman. Are you really as stupid as you appear on p.com or do you just play the part? Maybe you are just an attention seeker?

Really, I have to hope and pray that you are just "playing the part."

Alcohol and keyboards don't mix. 8)

This is a very legitimate question The Postman. Are you really as stupid as you appear on p.com or do you just play the part? Maybe you are just an attention seeker?

I play the part, alright, B B, which is my part. If you'd do the same, and play the part, which is your part, my business wouldn't concern you so much. :pardon:

Alcohol and keyboards don't mix. 8)

Glass and dogs don't mix :rofl:

Edited by The Postman

Is that what the problem is? If so....whew, that is one heck of a liver issue. :)

Don't wory about my liver, B B; It's bigger than yours. You can also call me a SOB, if you want to, but you'll do it long distance. :pardon:

You know what..? I don't care WHO is running the facility, nor do I care how much smaller it is than any others, nor how bad of a job anyone thinks the parents have done on raising their children. There is absolutely NO excuse for abusing a child!! Crap like this makes me ill. I don't care whose children they are, nor how they acted to get there to begin with...NO excuse!!

• Like 8

You know what..? I don't care WHO is running the facility, nor do I care how much smaller it is than any others, nor how bad of a job anyone thinks the parents have done on raising their children. There is absolutely NO excuse for abusing a child!! Crap like this makes me ill. I don't care whose children they are, nor how they acted to get there to begin with...NO excuse!!

I can't believe it, anyway, TLCG!

People changing the subject to my credibility, and the adults at this facility has been forcing childern to have sexual relation with them.

These adults make sure, according to the youth-on-youth report, that they don't break the law while they are there, but they use forse to gratify themselves sexually.

I had one person insist that it was the justice department running this ficility, and Paulding County had no jurisdiction. He/she even cut me down for not being able to understane that it was not Paulding County's responsibility.

Does this County really have Christian citizens? I see a lot of Churches; as I drive atround the county; who goes there?

Edited by The Postman

I had one person insist that it was the justice department running this ficility, and Paulding County had no jurisdiction. He/she even cut me down for not being able to understane that it was not Paulding County's responsibility.

Does this County really have Christian citizens? I see a lot of Churches; as I drive atround the county; who goes there?

So it is still over your head. Do you need a pie chart?

So it is still over your head. Do you need a pie chart?

Your head is the one it's over, U98!

Is there any law enforcement in Paulding County?

That is where the crimes are being committed. :pardon:

This is getting old. The Sheriff of Paulding County has NO JURISDICTION over the RYDC. He does not manage the facility, and I'm guessing never steps foot in there. The facility is run by the DEPARTMENT OF JUVENILE JUSTICE of the state of Georgia. The building is OWNED by the state of Georgia. The only obvious connection between the Sheriff of Paulding County and the RYDC is that the SO and the RYDC are fairly near each other on Ind. Blvd., and SO deputies can and do take juvenile arrestees there as needed. What happens within the walls of the RYDC has NOTHING to do with law enforcement, politicians, churches, or any other leaders in Paulding County. It has to do with the GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF JUVENILE JUSTICE. If you wish to speak with them, I'm sure they would love to hear from you. The HQ offices are on Covington Highway in Decatur.

Amen and amen, sister. The Georgia Dept. of Juvenile Justice has a long history of troubles. This comes as no surprise to moi. :sigh:

Edited by mei lan
  • Like 3

This is getting old. The Sheriff of Paulding County has NO JURISDICTION over the RYDC. He does not manage the facility, and I'm guessing never steps foot in there. The facility is run by the DEPARTMENT OF JUVENILE JUSTICE of the state of Georgia. The building is OWNED by the state of Georgia. The only obvious connection between the Sheriff of Paulding County and the RYDC is that the SO and the RYDC are fairly near each other on Ind. Blvd., and SO deputies can and do take juvenile arrestees there as needed. What happens within the walls of the RYDC has NOTHING to do with law enforcement, politicians, churches, or any other leaders in Paulding County. It has to do with the GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF JUVENILE JUSTICE. If you wish to speak with them, I'm sure they would love to hear from you. The HQ offices are on Covington Highway in Decatur.

Amen and amen, sister. The Georgia Dept. of Juvenile Justice has a long history of troubles. This comes as no surprise to moi. :sigh:

The County has territorial boundries; does it not?

If someone from Cobb county comes here and breaks the law it is this county jurisdiction that handles the arrest.

If Paulding Deputies can arrest people who are taken into that complex, they can arrest people inside the complex as well.

After July, 1776, the States possessed all sovereignty, power, and jurisdiction over all the soil and persons in their respective territorial limits.

No person can break the law in the territorial limits of Paulding county, and not be subject to arrest.

If depudies can't arrest a man for raping a child in paulding County, it's a sad situation, and needs to be addressed.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation can come here and investigate, but arrest's are made by local authorities.

Edited by The Postman

I have been wondering the same thing. It's hard to believe some of the things TP comes out with.

I have been wondering the same thing. It's hard to believe some of the things TP comes out with.

It's Budweiser enhanced. 8)

I don't think people in this county knows much about contract law, either, cr, because of the attitudes thay displayed about the highschool teen who had her deploma withheld in Alabama.

Now they don't know that the GBI cannot come here and arrest people, without going through the PCSO. :drinks:

It's Budweiser enhanced. 8)

No, it's not, and I moved out of a county where the Sheriff's Dept. cannot arrest child rapist's.

I can't believe it, anyway, TLCG!

People changing the subject to my credibility, and the adults at this facility has been forcing childern to have sexual relation with them.

These adults make sure, according to the youth-on-youth report, that they don't break the law while they are there, but they use forse to gratify themselves sexually.

Thought you gave up and moved out of the county TP.

I agree abuse is not to be tolerated on any level. I have to take into consideration the survey's credibility. If I were a juvenile in custody, chances are I would check off everything I could to make YDC look bad. Just saying....

[/color]

Thought you gave up and moved out of the county TP.

I agree abuse is not to be tolerated on any level. I have to take into consideration the survey's credibility. If I were a juvenile in custody, chances are I would check off everything I could to make YDC look bad. Just saying....

I understand it's GA who has the biased hit job put on them, once again. But, now GA, is being passed the buck from Paulding County.

I sure did move out, but I still pay taxes in Paulding. :drinks:

I don't think people in this county knows much about contract law, either, cr, because of the attitudes thay displayed about the highschool teen who had her deploma withheld in Alabama.

Duhhhhh??

Now they don't know that the GBI cannot come here and arrest people, without going through the PCSO. :drinks:

No, it's not, and I moved out of a county where the Sheriff's Dept. cannot arrest child rapist's.

Hate to hear you had any problem like that. There is a great website for finding creeps. Google familywatchdog. I hope that helps you be informed about the creeps in your area.

Hate to hear you had any problem like that. There is a great website for finding creeps. Google familywatchdog. I hope that helps you be informed about the creeps in your area.

Oh, I'm well informed, cr!

Of course, nobody's perfect, and I still learn a lot on P.com.

I also like the story of John Walsh.

American television personality, criminal investigator, human and victim rights advocate and the host, as well as creator,[1] of America's Most Wanted. Walsh is known for his anti-crime activism, which he became involved with following the murder of his son, Adam, in 1981; in 2008, the late serial killer Ottis Toole was named as the killer of Walsh's son.[2] Walsh is part owner of the Museum of Crime & Punishment in Washington, D.C.

Your head is the one it's over, U98!

Is there any law enforcement in Paulding County?

That is where the crimes are being committed. :pardon:

Great....at least it is clear you cannot comprehend the issue.

• Like 1

They ask a question of inmates that a positive response to the question will get their captors in trouble.

Hmmmm not sure I'd take those responses as gospel quite yet...

Thank you, that is my thinking as well. Not that is can't be true, but look at who's answering the question.

Thank you, that is my thinking as well. Not that is can't be true, but look at who's answering the question.

I understand what you said. I also thought though if the answers were about teens wanting to get workers in trouble then why were the responses so different in New York, Massachusetts, and Delaware where no abuse was reported?

The highest incidence of staff sexual misconduct occurred in Ohio, South Carolina, Georgia and Illinois, while other states like New York, Massachusetts and Delaware, reported no abuse.

I understand what you said. I also thought though if the answers were about teens wanting to get workers in trouble then why were the responses so different in New York, Massachusetts, and Delaware where no abuse was reported?

Children are not groomed the same way in those places, BL!

The staff, in Georgia, and especially Paulding county, has a difrent method of child development in its facilities. :drinks:

Edited by The Postman

Children don't do as their parents say do; they do as the parents do. No matter what they tell you, they are going to do as you do.

These children was not trying to get the staff in trouble. They were just being honest about the way things are around here.

They haven't learned how to manipulate society, as well as the staff does, but they are being groomed to be good Georgia citizens.

If I'm lying, I'm dying, folks!

Just because you don't hear anyone agreeing with me doesn't mean I don't study facts.

I know about people's emotions, and prejudices, because I indeed studied Dale Carnegis materials, years ago. I didn't just take his word for it either, because when he said you can catch more flies with a barrel of honey than you can with a teaspoon of gall I begain to wonder why I would want to catch flies, in the first place.

I don't want to catch any flies. :pardon:

----------------------------------------------------------------

The only reason I would want to ketch flies is to stop them from breaeing maggots.

Edited by The Postman

If I'm lying, I'm dying, folks!

Just because you don't hear anyone agreeing with me doesn't mean I don't study facts.

I know about people's emotions, and prejudices, because I indeed studied Dale Carnegis materials, years ago. I didn't just take his word for it either, because when he said you can catch more flies with a barrel of honey than you can with a teaspoon of gall I begain to wonder why I would want to catch flies, in the first place.

I don't want to catch any flies. :pardon:

Postman, I've never had a horse but I believe stables (and maybe dog kennels?) and the like sometimes use fly traps to keep them from breeding and/or biting the animals.

Postman, I've never had a horse but I believe stables (and maybe dog kennels?) and the like sometimes use fly traps to keep them from breeding and/or biting the animals.

Thank you, Bl! Let me go back and correct my mistakle. :wub:

On the other hand, if a detention guard who abuses children thinks that no one will believe an inmate, or if a study was done, and there were reports of abuse and NOTHING changed.....

Regarding a previous question about state facilities (For people who have difficulty wrapping their heads around Law Enforcement of detention facilities) -- Imagine that this is a LARGE STATE OR FEDERAL PRISON, instead of a youth facility. Would the local SO investigate every inmate disturbance? Or would STATE or FEDERAL authorities (whichever is applicable) take the lead on charges against individuals whose actions took place within the facility? Certainly the local Sheriff's office would not have the manpower to make cases against the jailers or the jailed. That's why it's the State's job or the Federal Government's job to prosecute intramural matters regarding detention facilities.

On the other hand, if a detention guard who abuses children thinks that no one will believe an inmate, or if a study was done, and there were reports of abuse and NOTHING changed.....

Regarding a previous question about state facilities (For people who have difficulty wrapping their heads around Law Enforcement of detention facilities) -- Imagine that this is a LARGE STATE OR FEDERAL PRISON, instead of a youth facility. Would the local SO investigate every inmate disturbance? Or would STATE or FEDERAL authorities (whichever is applicable) take the lead on charges against individuals whose actions took place within the facility? Certainly the local Sheriff's office would not have the manpower to make cases against the jailers or the jailed. That's why it's the State's job or the Federal Government's job to prosecute intramural matters regarding detention facilities.

There is no prosecution without arrest and indictment.

If I am crimanally assaulted, I first have to report it, and get a police statement regarding my report. These kids have reported the crimes, and have gotten no police report, as for as I know. Hell, they had to report it to some organization doing a study, but still gets no police report.

Edited by The Postman

I did a little bit of research on this facility when I was writing a paper for a juvenile justice class. The article said that they interviewed juvenile males and females. However, I specifically remember that this was a facility that housed males only. Females are transported to a facility in Rome. Am I incorrect, or have things changed since I wrote my paper? Just curious.

They ask a question of inmates that a positive response to the question will get their captors in trouble.

I agree with you, until a investigation is made and charges brought,

i would view this article with a great deal of skepticism.

I agree with you, until a investigation is made and charges brought,

i would view this article with a great deal of skepticism.

Of course, people knows, but they are not going to rat themselves out, gt!

Have you seen anyone take an interest in this other than the survey people from another state? Maybe the ball is rolling, now, I don't know.

A survey ain't worth a ch*t wuithout someone filling criminal action.

It's being swept under the rug. We don't want Paulding county to make news like Stubinville Ohio did, a while back.

Researchers found that 15.8 percent of the 497 juveniles in Georgia's criminal justice system who were surveyed had had a sexual encounter with a staff member, which is a felony even if it is deemed consensual. Just at the four Georgia facilities cited among the worst in the nation, nearly 300 boys reported sexual abuse last year.

Edited by The Postman

How is everyone is surprised by this?

The whole municipality should be looked at by the feds for inconsistencies, corruption and the "good Ole boy network".

How is everyone is surprised by this?

The whole municipality should be looked at by the feds for inconsistencies, corruption and the "good Ole boy network".

I was very surprised to hear anything about it. I though stuff like this had a lid kept on it better than it does, now! :pardon:

Exactly what I was thinking as I read about this. There are two groups of people that we as a society mistrust more than most - criminals and teenagers. Combine those two together, and I think the reliability of the survey goes out the window.

I don't doubt that this happens to some kids in some facilities, I just have a really hard time believing it's quite as widespread as the statistics suggest.

Exactly what I was thinking as I read about this. There are two groups of people that we as a society mistrust more than most - criminals and teenagers. Combine those two together, and I think the reliability of the survey goes out the window.

I don't doubt that this happens to some kids in some facilities, I just have a really hard time believing it's quite as widespread as the statistics suggest.

So you guys are thinking it is a biased hit job on Georgia, again? :unsure:

Edited by The Postman

Paulding County Regional YDC is not that wide spread.

The regional youth detention center in Paulding County led the nation with 32.1 percent of the teenagers surveyed anonymously last year reporting they were victimized sexually by either staff or other juveniles. That was more than three times the national rate of 9.5 percent.

While the Paulding detention center, which holds up to 75 boys and 25 girls, had the largest percentage with 29 teenage boys reporting staff sexual misconduct, the totals were larger at the other three facilities cited in the report. Eastman, which holds up to 330 boys, had the highest total with 116. Sumter, which holds up to 150 boys, saw 87 report abuse, and 51 reported abuse at Augusta, which holds up to 120 boys.

Unless boys in Paulding county are 32.1 - 9.5 = 21.6% more likely to lie than boys in the rest of the nation, I see a sore thumb here.

Edited by The Postman

Knowing someone who worked there, this place is horrible,,.. the inmates run that place not the staff a lot of the employees are there for a check, and are intimidated buy these inmates, when it says youth detention... that does not always mean * a sweet innocent child* there are kids there who have killed. and some of the young adults have been on the news for the murders they have committed.

I am not saying that is an excuse for them being mistreated... IF that is the case... this place was on the news not to long ago, for the riot and the distruction the inmates caused.

The only time Paulding county sheriffs office steps in is when they are ask to by the state who owns the facility. who can not control the youths there. as they had to step in when the riot happened. please keep in mind that most of theses kids are 17 years old and are the size of an adult.

*youth* does not always mean sweet innocent kids. these young adults know that the employees are not suppose to put their hands on them unless their life is threatened. they spit in there face, they will cuss them out, they throw things at the staff, there is a fast turn around on estaff there, the job is stressful, and like I stated above those kids run that place not the staff. I personally have a hard time believing the report.

Knowing someone who worked there, this place is horrible,,.. the inmates run that place not the staff a lot of the employees are there for a check, and are intimidated buy these inmates, when it says youth detention... that does not always mean * a sweet innocent child* there are kids there who have killed. and some of the young adults have been on the news for the murders they have committed.

I am not saying that is an excuse for them being mistreated... IF that is the case... this place was on the news not to long ago, for the riot and the distruction the inmates caused.

The only time Paulding county sheriffs office steps in is when they are ask to by the state who owns the facility. who can not control the youths there. as they had to step in when the riot happened. please keep in mind that most of theses kids are 17 years old and are the size of an adult.

*youth* does not always mean sweet innocent kids. these young adults know that the employees are not suppose to put their hands on them unless their life is threatened. they spit in there face, they will cuss them out, they throw things at the staff, there is a fast turn around on estaff there, the job is stressful, and like I stated above those kids run that place not the staff. I personally have a hard time believing the report.

I don't think there is time, in an assault and battery, or whatever, to call the Justice Dept. first before an arrest is made. I mean, the Deputies are right there.

But, even if that is the case, there is more than 3 times the percentage that something is wrong in the Paulding county facility as opposed to the rest of the Nation. Even if these boys are 21.6% more likely to lie than the inmates in the rest of the Nation. :drinks:

If that is what you wish to call it, B B, I suppose so. Your perception of facts must be quiet different than mine, however! :friends:

Edited by The Postman