8 replies to this topic

#1 NiteOwl

NiteOwl

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

I am trying to find a good loving personal care home for my father (86 yrs old). He has been in one for over a year and the last one, as I don't like the owner, I love the lady that has been watching over him and another gentleman. They each had their own own rooms that were clean, neat and kept homey by the lady. She babied them as they were her own father. She would make special homemade treats with whatever she could get the owner to buy and items that I provided. She would make them fresh foods that they liked (not the canned ravioli and mixed vegetables, etc that the owner stocked as food. She would work with their eating habits and preferences. There are so many wonderful things that she did for them. She actually took better care of my dad than I probably could.

At the age my dad is he would eat a good breakfast and then eat lighter meals the rest of the day. The owner who would have to stand in for this lady when she had doctors appointments, etc and what few days off he would give her would give the residents 1 egg and 1 link of sausage along with 1 packet of instant oatmeal for breakfast and then for lunch order Kentucky Fried Chicken and then any leftovers for dinner. He grudgingly fulfilled his obligations.

Anyway to make a long story short, I have got to find a place for my dad as my health will not allow me to move him in with me and take care of him.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
God Bless

Therese

Attached Thumbnails

• daddy and marie.jpg

Posted ImagePosted Image
The NiteOwl

#2 Creekside Pines

Creekside Pines

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

Hello, You should call Pam our Leasing Director here at Creekside Pines Independent Senior Living Community and
she will be able to help you find a community suitable for him as we have many resources available to us
and will be glad to help.
Good Luck in your search.
Terrie
Business Office Manager
678-363-0777

1011 Merchants Drive
Dallas, GA 30132
678-363-0777

#3 NiteOwl

NiteOwl

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

Thanks Terrie, I talked to Pam extensively and she was a big help. Unfortunately Creekside Pines isn't what I need for my dad.

Thanks again!

Posted ImagePosted Image
The NiteOwl

#4 kidsrock

kidsrock

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:03 AM

Check with Bethel Gardens in Powder Springs. My grandmother lived there for 5 years until she passed away in January. She was 92 years old! The staff is awesome, they literally loved my grandmother and was devastated when she passed.

http://www.magnoliaretirement.com/
Peace and Love

#5 NiteOwl

NiteOwl

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:35 AM

Check with Bethel Gardens in Powder Springs. My grandmother lived there for 5 years until she passed away in January. She was 92 years old! The staff is awesome, they literally loved my grandmother and was devastated when she passed.

http://www.magnoliaretirement.com/

Thanks kidsrock, but he needs something that has fewer residents. He associates large groups with hospitals and rehab establishments and gets very depressed (he's had to spend 3 months in the hospital and then 3 months in rehab) and gives up on everything and just wants to die and be with my mother.

Thanks again though, Bethel Gardens looks fantastic and is located in a relatively close area to me.
Posted ImagePosted Image
The NiteOwl

#6 mojo413

mojo413

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:57 AM

Aspen Village next to the Dallas WalMart Murphy gas station is scheduled to open in just a few days.
Retired. I only work 12 noon to 1pm.
Most days I take an hour lunch break.
John Hyden
770-366-1552

#7 SOCCER FAMILY

SOCCER FAMILY

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

We just placed my parents in assisted living. The company "A place for Mom" helped us locate a place in the area we needed and in our budget. They were extremely helpful and free!! They have a lot of resources to help you locate the best place for your dad.

www.aplaceformom.com
  • Jane Doe and Greatma like this

#8 NiteOwl

NiteOwl

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:01 AM

Thanks everyone for the information. It seems like for a while he will be living with me until I can check out all the available choices. Now all I have to do is find a means of moving his furniture out and into my garage...lol
Posted ImagePosted Image
The NiteOwl

#9 mei lan

mei lan

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

Well, I know this was a difficult decision, but I've been in many personal care homes, and you are WISE to inspect carefully before putting him somewhere.

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;

William Shakespeare, Sonnet 116

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics