#1 barrycdog

barrycdog

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken
4 chicken breasts cut in thirds (12 pieces)
Bacon slices
salt and pepper to taste
garlic powder
chili powder
brown sugar

Cut each breast into 3 pieces, season all the chicken with the spices, then wrap a bacon slice around each piece, roll in brown sugar and place into an oven proof dish....make sure you have some olive oil in the dish too, like 2 or 3 tablespoons is fine {I skipped this since I grilled them. I honestly think you could coat your dish with nonstick cooking spray instead to save a few calories}.

Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is nice and brown and crispy. Delicious served with mashed potatoes with some of the gravy from the chicken drizzled on top.

**Also great on the grill! No juices to drizzle on anything, but still delicious!
"Let every dog wag his own tail." James Addison McMurtrey, Company B, 9th Georgia Battalion Artillery

#2 deedoodle

deedoodle

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Thanks, that sounds yummy, of course anything wrapped in bacon is good.

#3 Over The Moon

Over The Moon

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

You had me at bacon.

#4 barrycdog

barrycdog

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

I had a picture but it would not allow me to post.
"Let every dog wag his own tail." James Addison McMurtrey, Company B, 9th Georgia Battalion Artillery

#5 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,658 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is nice and brown and crispy. Delicious served with mashed potatoes with some of the gravy from the chicken drizzled on top.

**Also great on the grill! No juices to drizzle on anything, but still delicious!

I may try this it does sound delicious but calling bacon grease Gravy ? Posted Image

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics