Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
kwood

Fess up, which one of you is a Gypsy?

There are rednecks that do all of those things.... guess that's a reflection on all southerners. dry.gif

Fairly or Unfairly, yes.

TLC taught me the meaning of Gorger, and it taught me that there's a woman in South GA uglier than a hog that somehow managed to mate 4 times.

I seriously lol'd and snorted! Thanks for that laugh!

Do they live here? :pardon:

ultimatetrailorpark_zps555f92c2.jpg

the trailer on the top is mine...I have the Penthouse....

Pete Guy's sister use to work for me and she was a hard worker and NEVER took anything that did not belong to her....Pete is a long time resident and has a legitimate business

Some are extremely nice and honest....as is in every race/nationality ....As someone said the reality shows look for the EXTREME to show....I know Cajuns that don't hunt alligators ....duck hunters that don't have beards and ride in limos....kids that were in beauty pageants that behave and don't look like hookers....

• Like 1

Pete Guy's sister use to work for me and she was a hard worker and NEVER took anything that did not belong to her....Pete is a long time resident and has a legitimate business

Some are extremely nice and honest....as is in every race/nationality ....As someone said the reality shows look for the EXTREME to show....I know Cajuns that don't hunt alligators ....duck hunters that don't have beards and ride in limos....kids that were in beauty pageants that behave and don't look like hookers....

I like it!!!

reality shows look for the EXTREME to show....I know Cajuns that don't hunt alligators ....duck hunters that don't have beards and ride in limos....kids that were in beauty pageants that behave and don't look like hookers....

Absolutely.

But what fun is it if we can't make sweeping assumptions based on small segments of a culture?

• Like 2

When traveling from Augusta to NC we would go a back way. There was a community of gypsy that had build mansions and could not live in them for a year. It was something to do with their religious believes. It was really interesting to drive by those houses. They were huge!

Murphy Villiage off Hwy 25 just inside the SC line.... And the stories I could tell about that place would make what you see on TV look tame.

When traveling from Augusta to NC we would go a back way. There was a community of gypsy that had build mansions and could not live in them for a year. It was something to do with their religious believes. It was really interesting to drive by those houses. They were huge!

Yep, been there and seen it. If the story I was told is correct, there is something weird about them building these huge, gaudy houses, covering the windows with tin foil and not living in them for a year. Some sort of superstition I think.

This is NOT Pete Guy. Pete has boys..and I can tell you that no way in hell would he allow his family on this show. His boys didn't even go to this wedding.

This is Pete Guy's nephew's kid... Naylor Guy (or Naylor Baby as they call him) is her daddy. (He don't even live in Ga anymore)

Pete has a daughter too, she lives in Tennessee. I went to school with Naylor and Sherry Guy. I remember all the Harrisons too...I always made friends with the gypsey's. It was in your best interest to have them in your corner back then....LOL!

Pete has a daughter too, she lives in Tennessee. I went to school with Naylor and Sherry Guy. I remember all the Harrisons too...I always made friends with the gypsey's. It was in your best interest to have them in your corner back then....LOL!

I went to school with Linda Faye.

Wow, this is all new to me. ( Not being from around here. ) I dont have a comment pro or con, just a comment that I always thought Gypsies were of Greek/Syrian heritage. Learning all the time!

There are two main sects of gypsies, although there are several sects.

When I think of gypsy, I think of the Romani people that migrated hundreds of years ago.

The Romani are an ethnic group living mostly in Europe, who have been traced genetically to a group migrating from the northwestern Indian Subcontinent about 1,500 years ago. Romani are widely known in the English-speaking world by the exonym "Gypsies" (or Gipsies).

There is also a sect known as the Irish Travelers:

Irish Travellers (Irish: an lucht siúil) or Pavee, also called Gypsies (but not to be confused with the Romani people), are a traditionally nomadic people of ethnic Irish origin, who maintain a set of traditions[1][2] and a distinct ethnic identity. There are around 10,000 Travellers in the United States, with around 2,500 Travellers living in a place called Murphy Village, South Carolina. They are descendants of Travellers who left Ireland, mostly during in the period between 1845 and 1860. They have maintained a separate cultural identity, and several Irish Traveller traditions, including some usage of cant, devout Catholic faith, and strong communal ties.[4]

From WIKI

All I know is that these people are a bunch of bread and jam eaters, money owing fraudsters, that owe millions to the banks, millions to the credit card company's, and even more on loans. Others think they have out smarted them, but the bread and jam eaters can't be out smarted, it seems. pardon.gif

Edited by The Postman

I went to school with Linda Faye.

Oh how funny, she was hillarious! What about Mazellie(sp)? She was born without a hand, but a beautiful girl!

Oh how funny, she was hillarious! What about Mazellie(sp)? She was born without a hand, but a beautiful girl!

Yeah, Linda Faye was a trip..LOL I knew who Mazellie was, but I did not know her. My mom worked at the convenience store that used to be called "Akin's store, for a LONG time. She knew all the gypsy's. I actually saw Cindy and her mom (can't think of her name right now) a little over a year ago.

Here is one I like on the subject.

Oh yeah, had forgotten about that one!

OH!!

You must be NEW around here!

:rofl:

BWAAA-HAAA-BWAAAAAAA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!

No, I was not referring to the British do as you likey pikeys - I was talking about ALL of them. If you want to let them in your home - rock on. You deserve what you get.

as usual you are opinionated and lump everyone into the same basket....Not all of any ethnic or race are BAD or Good...Just the bad ones always get talked about...and the good ones go unnoticed...I know several that would be welcome at my house anytime and I would not check their pockets when they left

Edited by tess
  • Like 1

I can't believe you just mentioned her because as I was reading this topic I was thinking about her! I think she spelled her name Mozellie because we called her Mo. She was in a couple of my Jr. High classes with me. We would talk and do our makeup at the end of class. From what I remember she was a very sweet person and yes very beautiful. She was born with what was kind of like what an amputated stump would look like, but she had little nubs on the end where it looked like her fingers tried to grow but stopped. She could use it fairly well though. I can't remember seeing her again past Jr. High and I've always wondered what happened to her. Can anyone tell me?