Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
juleebella

Semi new Mexican Restaurant in New Hope

We've been there once. The service was great but I wasn't impressed with the food. This was back when they opened and I have heard a lot of good reviews from others so I'm not sure if it's just me, we went at a not so great time or what. We will probably check them out again sometime but just not in a rush to do it.

Sorry, I can't help, I don't eat Mexican food. And now, since I keep reading horror stories about the Chinese restaurants around here, I won't eat at any of those either.

We've been 4 times to eat in and once for take out. 2 times the food was excellent. 2 times the chips were so stale that you could fold them up. The time we got take out, we got a medium chips and salsa, small queso and 2 small cokes and it was $19.00, a little too rich for my blood. Especially considering that 3 of us ate in with full meals and drinks for $22.00. Weird.

We've been 4 times to eat in and once for take out. 2 times the food was excellent. 2 times the chips were so stale that you could fold them up. The time we got take out, we got a medium chips and salsa, small queso and 2 small cokes and it was $19.00, a little too rich for my blood. Especially considering that 3 of us ate in with full meals and drinks for $22.00. Weird.

What!?!? I would never pay $19 for that! Although, I did once spend $20 bucks on a margarita at a Mexican restaurant. I ordered the Jumbo, I had no idea. :ninja:

• Like 1

Food was tasty but it is an upscale Mexican restaurant little pricey.

I have a question: Are you saying the Mexican Restaurant in the Publix shopping center is an upscale Mexican restaurant?

That's an issue we have too, I said it after the first visit. When I saw the word 'fusion' on the menu I immediately thought, 'I think people around here want plain old, good Mexican food and whatever 'fusion' is, it doesn't seem to fit the bill'.

What!?!? I would never pay $19 for that! Although, I did once spend $20 bucks on a margarita at a Mexican restaurant. I ordered the Jumbo, I had no idea. :ninja:

I think I was too shocked to say WTH!! I'm glad Hubby wasn't with me, he would have left their chips and salsa on the counter and walked out. Which, honestly, is what I should have done.

:ninja:

• Like 1

Use to go numerous times a month.but the service was horrible the last two times I was there.a friend of mine waited over an hour for her food and when she did het it the shrimp was still raw.won't b back.

I've been several times. Always good. I think they are trying to be "upscale" as someone said--I would say maybe they are trying to be a stand out or something just a bit different. Those who love Mexican food--they have all the basics--they have a few menu items that I think are a step above the basic. I'm glad to have something affordable around the corner. If you like Mexican, then I think you'll like them. Just my opinion.

Had no idea it was a jumbo or cost $20?

Had no idea it was a jumbo or cost $20?

I had no idea it was $20. I had just had my baby a few months prior, I hadn't had a margarita in a year. I felt I needed the jumbo. I was unaware of the jumbo price tag.

So an "upscale restaurant" is defined by small serving sizes and a higher price? I'm just asking because I don't see the quality of food or anything unique being discussed about the restaurant in the topic.

• Like 1

Sorry, I can't help, I don't eat Mexican food. And now, since I keep reading horror stories about the Chinese restaurants around here, I won't eat at any of those either.

Check the health department posts in the MDJ. I won't eat at either these types of places.

Why O why did Rio Bravo close??

We even tried Pappasito's over on Windy Hill. I just found to be overpriced and nothing special.

We always go to La Parrilla and are always pleased with the food. Always good!

• Like 2

Unless you have a really strong intestinal fortitude, don't eat chinese around here. Unless you want to feel quesey all night.

I won't go, and my husband loves it.

And for the life of me, I don't see how that one in the little strip joint next to where the Huddle House was stays open? :wacko:

My daughter used to eat from there and get sick everytime. She finally learned after being sick as a dog for 2 days. I tried to tell her.

Why O why did Rio Bravo close??

We even tried Pappasito's over on Windy Hill. I just found to be overpriced and nothing special.

We always go to La Parrilla and are always pleased with the food. Always good!

At least Pappasito's is not 'typical' Mexican food. Most Mexican restaurants if you order #12 and then go to a different one and order #12 they are the SAME thing. No imagination. Same for Asian joints. And neither get very high health scores.

At least Pappasito's is not 'typical' Mexican food. Most Mexican restaurants if you order #12 and then go to a different one and order #12 they are the SAME thing. No imagination. Same for Asian joints. And neither get very high health scores.

LaParrilla has a pretty broad menu and I very rarely order the #'s although I do love a chili relleno.

Go to La Parilla on 41 and Cedarcreat in the publix shopping center. This is one of the BEST Mexican restaurants around.

Hubby is still trying to convince me that La Parilla means 'land of the tight pants'. Not buying it. Still! :lol: :lol: :lol: And we do love that restaurant.

Hubby is still trying to convince me that La Parilla means 'land of the tight pants'. Not buying it. Still! :lol: :lol: :lol: And we do love that restaurant.

That's too funny! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Unless you have a really strong intestinal fortitude, don't eat chinese around here. Unless you want to feel quesey all night.

I won't go, and my husband loves it.

And for the life of me, I don't see how that one in the little strip joint next to where the Huddle House was stays open? :wacko:

My daughter used to eat from there and get sick everytime. She finally learned after being sick as a dog for 2 days. I tried to tell her.

We get takeout from there quite a bit and have never had a problem. Unless something has changed they always have a high food score.

The best mexican restaurant in the area, for my money, is Taqueria Jalisco in the Kroger shopping center on Hospital Dr in Douglasville.

When I started eating there around 10 yrs ago, I was usually the only "gringo" there.

The wife who is from out west says that it is the closest to the mexican food she is used to from back home.

we ate there a couple of times we liked it..

LaParrilla has a pretty broad menu and I very rarely order the #'s although I do love a chili relleno.

My husbands job had food catered from them, around christmas, he said it was really good.. I have not tried it yet....

I eat lunch there about once every 3 weeks when I happen to be in the New Hope area at lunch time.

The food taste, size of portion and tempature is always perfect. The service and atmosphere is always wonderful. I select from the lunch menu so the price is always affordable.

I will say it much better than when they first opened.

I don't like it. I don't like that cheese and sour cream etc are sides. Should be included.

Where are you going where they aren't considered extra cost? :unsure:

• Like 1