Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
lescook

Did you ever notice...

Did you ever notice that the reasons that liberals give for more gun control laws are the same reasons that conservatives give for more drug control laws, but when the conservatives give these reasons for more drug laws, the liberals say these laws will not work?

Did you ever notice that no right leaners are willing to compromise on this issue? I have not seen one person offer up a solution. All I've seen are protests about even the possibility of control.

Something has to be done about this issue. No? So what, other than bitching and moaning, is being suggested as a solution? Doing nothing?

• Like 4

Did you ever notice that no right leaners are willing to compromise on this issue? I have not seen one person offer up a solution. All I've seen are protests about even the possibility of control.

Something has to be done about this issue. No? So what, other than bitching and moaning, is being suggested as a solution? Doing nothing?

Gun control is not the answer, when you pass laws restricting gun ownership you take away the only defense citizens have to protect themselves. If the crazies don't have guns, they'll find another way. Think Timothy McVeigh and 9-11. Just check in on Chicago's gun laws and see how many bad guys they have stopped. You do realize Chicago had the strictest gun laws in the country and it didn't stop all the murders. Those laws in Chicago were overturned because they were unconstitutional.

The answer lies in personal protection. Take that away and every law abiding citizen becomes a target. Gun control doesn't work for crazies and criminals. What needs to be done about this issue is that everyone needs to have a gun to protect themselves and their children.

• Like 1

Gun control is not the answer, What needs to be done about this issue is that everyone needs to have a gun.

Kind of like telling a drowning man; What you need is more water.

Get robbed one time and you will know better than to try to stop a gun bearing predator with water.

What would help prevent the drowning would be education about how to stay safe around the water. Same thing applies to guns.

• Like 1

Did you ever notice that the reasons that liberals give for more gun control laws are the same reasons that conservatives give for more drug control laws, but when the conservatives give these reasons for more drug laws, the liberals say these laws will not work?

Thank God Im a libertarian; I think both control laws are retarded.

• Like 2

Is this gun thread #267? I can't keep up. :wacko:

The same points have been made over and over and over. Few people here have an open enough mind to hear the other side, so what's the point? Everyone has an agenda. 20 kids are dead and its now somehow a liberal vs conservative issue? Why aren't we working together to find a solution? Everyone is worried about their guns. For the most part, I'm sure your guns are safe. Now, how bout we put half of the same passion into keeping our kids safe. Might go a long way...

• Like 5

Legalize them both....guns and drugs...ALL of them. Take the tabu out and people will stop getting killed over it.

• Like 1

The same points have been made over and over and over. Few people here have an open enough mind to hear the other side, so what's the point? Everyone has an agenda. 20 kids are dead and its now somehow a liberal vs conservative issue? Why aren't we working together to find a solution? Everyone is worried about their guns. For the most part, I'm sure your guns are safe. Now, how bout we put half of the same passion into keeping our kids safe. Might go a long way...

Well, you are just as wrong as wrong can be!

This is only gun thread #265, so there.

I would never go over 266, that would just be overkill.

:)

ETA: the word "are"

Edited by stradial

No it's a common sense issue. Tell me how disarming good people is gonna stop the bad guys?? Do you honestly think the criminals are going to obey the laws?? I do what is necessary to keep my family safe, you might want to start with the Hunter Safety Course taught by the DNR. You might actually understand that guns are used for food and protection. Remember the bad guys are the ones that use them for other stuff.

You really need to see what's going on in Chicago and all their gun laws. I'm not worried about my guns, it's the crooks and murderers I'm worried about.

Edited by tundra
  • Like 2

No it's a common sense issue. Tell me how disarming good people is gonna stop the bad guys?? Do you honestly think the criminals are going to obey the laws?? I do what is necessary to keep my family safe, you might want to start with the Hunter Safety Course taught by the DNR. You might actually understand that guns are used for food and protection. Remember the bad guys are the ones that use them for other stuff.

You really need to see what's going on in Chicago and all their gun laws. I'm not worried about my guns, it's the crooks and murderers I'm worried about.

OK. So your position is do nothing. Good idea.

OK. So your position is do nothing. Good idea.

Nah, my position is arm every citizen. Have you ever seen a bad guy when you show him what your carrying??

An armed society is a polite society.

Really? So, in your heart, you believe that people, all people, will untimely, act right? How many times does that have to be proven wrong?

When did I suggest disarming people? I own a gun and grew up with guns. I guess you missed my point and proved it at the same time.

Edited by jenilyn
  • Like 1

Really? So, in your heart, you believe that people, all people, will untimely, act right? How many times does that have to be proven wrong?

How many times does taking the guns away for the good guys work? How many times does that have to be proven wrong?

• Like 2

GB and I have already agreed on a mandatory safety class before purchasing. That is more than most get before buying a car. Is that not something? So what do you offer up, that you will actually consider the other sides input on and can actually be to have a beneficial impact without negatively impacting the other side. You know, like a safety class. Here is another for you. A waiting period won't hurt anything. But neither it nor the safety class will affect the secondary gun market.:pardon:

How many times does taking the guns away for the good guys work? How many times does that have to be proven wrong?

How many times do people/children have to be killed at the hands of an unbalanced mind? How many times?

How many times do people/children have to be killed at the hands of an unbalanced mind? How many times?

I assure you, Timothy McVeigh was unbalanced and he didn't use a gun. How many Oklahoma cities would you like repeated?? Don't forget about the day care that was part of his destruction.

Edited by tundra

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have lost friends or family due to a "bad guy with a gun"?

I have.

One friend, age 18 or 19, shot in the back after being kidnapped at gunpoint during a robbery. Left behind a father and a couple of siblings. I'm sure the killers used legally obtained firearms. Yeah, right.

Another friend, age 22, a police officer shot twice in the head and once in the chest, by a burglar. Left behind parents and a brother. I'm sure the killer used a legally obtained firearm. Sure he did. He was a career criminal. He would have had a firearm one way or another.

A cousin, age mid 40s, shot by her estranged husband. She bled to death because her estranged husband held her at gunpoint until she was past help, at which point he shot himself in the head. Left behind three children. I seriously doubt he used a legally obtained firearm. He had a lot of them, I do know that. She was well qualified to fire one but was never given the chance to defend herself.

The ONLY one of these who had a chance to defend themselves was the cop. He never saw the guy who killed him and neither did his partner who was seriously wounded. Someone was tried and convicted of the crimes but the conviction was overturned on a technicality.

The cowards who killed my 18 or 19 year old friend were never caught. I can't remember now, as this happened almost 40 years ago, but I think they also murdered another person they kidnapped in the same robbery.

The same question applies to DUI drivers. Now what are we going to do about them? We already have a law that makes it illegal to do it. We have bookoo safety features and reglations making each vehicle much more safe than ever before. We have regulations on who can drive. We have classes available for drivers and they are even required in someplaces. We have armed LEOs out there actively looking for just these people. We even have dedicated patrols for this. We have courts that fine, punish, imprison violators. We take their privledge to drive away when they do not learn. We even have devices instaled by court order in some of their cars to prevent them from driving drunk. AND STILL they drive drunk and kill many times more folks, with a tool that is designed to be as SAFE as posible, than are killed by a tool that is specifically designed to KILL people. Please explain what it is that you can think of that will have a better impact on guns (without taking them away) than we have already tried with DUIs.

• Like 1

I assure you, Timothy McVeigh was unbalanced and he didn't use a gun. How many Oklahoma cities would you like repeated?? Don't forget about the day care that was part of his destruction.

Tell you what, just try and get a large amount of ammonia nitrate these days. Let me know how it goes for you.

So I'm thinking unbalanced minds don't need guns to kill anyone. :good:

Tell you what, just try and get a large amount of ammonia nitrate these days. Let me know how it goes for you.

It's not called ammonium nitrate any more. How do you think farmers treat their corn crops?? It's still available in large quantities.

Edited by tundra

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have lost friends or family due to a "bad guy with a gun"?

I have.

One friend, age 18 or 19, shot in the back after being kidnapped at gunpoint during a robbery. Left behind a father and a couple of siblings. I'm sure the killers used legally obtained firearms. Yeah, right.

Another friend, age 22, a police officer shot twice in the head and once in the chest, by a burglar. Left behind parents and a brother. I'm sure the killer used a legally obtained firearm. Sure he did. He was a career criminal. He would have had a firearm one way or another.

A cousin, age mid 40s, shot by her estranged husband. She bled to death because her estranged husband held her at gunpoint until she was past help, at which point he shot himself in the head. Left behind three children. I seriously doubt he used a legally obtained firearm. He had a lot of them, I do know that. She was well qualified to fire one but was never given the chance to defend herself.

The ONLY one of these who had a chance to defend themselves was the cop. He never saw the guy who killed him and neither did his partner who was seriously wounded. Someone was tried and convicted of the crimes but the conviction was overturned on a technicality.

The cowards who killed my 18 or 19 year old friend were never caught. I can't remember now, as this happened almost 40 years ago, but I think they also murdered another person they kidnapped in the same robbery.

I try not to tell this story too often. My dad was a GA State Patrolman. In 1960 he was shot while looking for an armed robber (by the armed robber). His partner turned the predator into hamburger meat with a 12 gauge shotgun and 00 buckshot at point blank range (I saw the photos). Dad was in Emory Hospital for three months but lived. He would be against any kind of gun control.

• Like 1

I don't believe anyone who has any connection to law enforcement is for gun control of any kind. They know that the "bad guys" are going to have guns anyway and that the only way for others to have a fighting chance is to have one, too. I guess that's why my dad taught me at an early age how to shoot. I come from a long line of law enforcement officers, going back at least three generations.

I try not to tell this story too often. My dad was a GA State Patrolman. In 1960 he was shot while looking for an armed robber (by the armed robber). His partner turned the predator into hamburger meat with a 12 gauge shotgun and 00 buckshot at point blank range (I saw the photos). Dad was in Emory Hospital for three months but lived. He would be against any kind of gun control.

People with unbalanced minds kill children every single day, majority of them do not even use a gun.

People with unbalanced minds kill children every single day, majority of them do not even use a gun.

OK...so you are a do nothing vote. Right?

Sure is funny how the anti-gun crowd comes crawling out of the wood work when some sort of gun related tragedy strikes yet the worst mass murder in the US prior to 9/11 did not even use a gun yet I can still buy all the stuff needed to perform another Oklahoma City Bombing.

What was the saying from the 0bummer cabinet member who now occupies a seat as an elected official in 0bummer's home state?

"never let a crisis/tragedy go to waste"

So, what shall we do about kids being murdered at school? Anyone have an answer? I can have 50 guns at home, but what good is that going to do my child at school? Why can't we get to the point? why is this about politics? seriously.

We can put an ARMED GUARD at each school, at the only entrance that is accesible without an issued badge.

"Cobb County schools have badge scanners at every door except the front door.

So, what shall we do about kids being murdered at school? Anyone have an answer? I can have 50 guns at home, but what good is that going to do my child at school? Why can't we get to the point? why is this about politics? seriously.

Nothing unless you wish to build the schools like a jail.

Everything else is just window dressing.