Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
CitizenCain

The NRA

With gun manufactures donating almost 39 million dollars to the coffers of the NRA in 2011 the question is do they really represent, Joe six pack or the billion dollar gun industry.

Whom Does the NRA Really Speak For?

Membership fees don't pay the NRA's bills alone. In recent years, the group has become more aggressive about seeking donations, both from individuals and corporations, and that in turn has led it to become more deeply entwined with the gun industry. In 2010, it received $71 million in contributions, up from $46.3 million in 2004. Some of that money came from small-time donors, who've received a barrage of fundraising appeals warning of President Obama's imminent plot to gut the Second Amendment and confiscate Americans' firearms. But around 2005, the group began systematically reaching out to its richest members for bigger checks through its "Ring of Freedom" program, which also sought to corral corporate donors. Between then and 2011, the Violence Policy Center estimates that the firearms industry donated as much as $38.9 million to the NRA's coffers. The givers include 22 different gun makers, including famous names like Smith & Wesson, Beretta USA, SIGARMS, and Sturm, Ruger & Co. that also manufacture so-called assault weapons.

http://www.theatlant...eak-for/266373/</h1>

With gun manufactures donating almost 39 million dollars to the coffers of the NRA in 2011 the question is do they really represent, Joe six pack or the billion dollar gun industry.

Membership fees don't pay the NRA's bills alone. In recent years, the group has become more aggressive about seeking donations, both from individuals and corporations, and that in turn has led it to become more deeply entwined with the gun industry. In 2010, it received $71 million in contributions, up from $46.3 million in 2004. Some of that money came from small-time donors, who've received a barrage of fundraising appeals warning of President Obama's imminent plot to gut the Second Amendment and confiscate Americans' firearms. But around 2005, the group began systematically reaching out to its richest members for bigger checks through its "Ring of Freedom" program, which also sought to corral corporate donors. Between then and 2011, the Violence Policy Center estimates that the firearms industry donated as much as $38.9 million to the NRA's coffers. The givers include 22 different gun makers, including famous names like Smith & Wesson, Beretta USA, SIGARMS, and Sturm, Ruger & Co. that also manufacture so-called assault weapons.

http://www.theatlant...eak-for/266373/</h1>

The government , who do they represent?

http://www.theatlant...eak-for/266373/

You do realize that the NRA boasts 4.3 Million menbers right? That works out to less than $10 per member. As far as membership goes, thats a steat compared to Obama's $30,000 .00 per head fund raisers. PIBO would only need 1,300 people at that dinner to get the same. Not to mention the Unions gave him $60.7 Million for his election. Selective outrage much?:wacko:

• Like 3

To be perfectly honest I don't think the NRA is conservative enough when it come to the second amendment. I have participated with some Georgia groups that applied pressure to local politicians to get things done. More of a tea party approach.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm behind the times but doesn't the NRA represent whomever pays the most money?

You know that's the truth.

Money talks and all this BS.....walks.

Maybe I'm behind the times but doesn't the NRA represent whomever pays the most money?

and you say this why?

I am a member of the NRA. I am neither poor nor a conservative. respectfully, shut the f*** up.

And I am the NRA an I'm not poor and a republican ,NRA reaches all walks of life not just people in that video .

Edited by yellowduckdog

Because that is the way it works baby girl. No? Please, tell me more.

The NRA represents all of its members big and small.

And I am the NRA an I'm not poor and a republican ,NRA reaches all walks of life not just people in that video .

Exactly.drinks.gif

rofl.gif

"ah hah hah, I am going to laugh as though I disagree yet offer nothing substantive to counterpoint ah hah..." -Ancient Citezencain proverb.

Edited by Baby Cookie

"ah hah hah, I am going to laugh as though I disagree yet offer nothing substantive to counterpoint ah hah..." -Ancient Citezencain proverb.

Think about it.

rofl.gif

Where I'm from, we call people who won't or don't realize that simple fact.....names.

Cookie Baby or whatever you call yourself, if you don't realize that money talks and BS walks...then, simply put, you are not awake.

Think about it.

I did think about your banal comment, thats why I was able to paraphrase it so well.

Where I'm from, we call people who won't or don't realize that simple fact.....names.

Cookie Baby or whatever you call yourself, if you don't realize that money talks and BS walks...then, simply put, you are not awake.

I see...so explain the ACLU then....tardmuffin...or whatever you call yourself... (Im trying to blend in with your culture since people who dont realize simple facts apparently get called names)

I would like for you to explain this thought before i try to make sense of it. As it is, I see it as a very specific "well duh" scenario. the same as if the Unions were making donations. Of course they are donating to something they believe will further their agenda. But is that all you meant in your post?:pardon: If that is the case then of course gun makers want to see their products sell. Wether or not it is for defense, sport, military or whatever. That is afterall how they make their money. And you think them making donations to the National Rifle Association is bad why? That groups primary mission is...

Established in 1990, the NRA Foundation, Inc., is a 501©(3) tax-exempt organization that raises tax-deductible contributions in support of a wide range of firearms-related public interest activities of the National Rifle Association of America and other organizations that defend and foster the Second Amendment rights of all law-abiding Americans. These activities are designed to promote firearms and hunting safety, to enhance marksmanship skills of those participating in the shooting sports, and to educate the general public about firearms in their historic, technological and artistic context.

© Copyright 2012 The National Rifle Association of America About Us Privacy Policy Careers at the NRA Contact Us

I did think about your banal comment, thats why I was able to paraphrase it so well.

I see...so explain the ACLU then....tardmuffin...or whatever you call yourself... (Im trying to blend in with your culture since people who dont realize simple facts apparently get called names)

First rule, we are not talking about the ACLU, baby muffin. We are talking about the NRA. Don't try to muddy the water.

If you don't know the money rules the world then that is your problem. Try and get out of your bubble every once in awhile.

First rule, we are not talking about the ACLU, baby muffin. We are talking about the NRA. Don't try to muddy the water.

If you don't know the money rules the world then that is your problem. Try and get out of your bubble every once in awhile.

Your argument is money vs representation ergo the organization in question is irrelevant. The water is crystal clear.

of course gun makers want to see their products sell. Wether or not it is for defense, sport, military or whatever. That is afterall how they make their money. And you think them making donations to the National Rifle Association is bad why?

Why? I'm not sure if you watch Morning Joe hosted by conservative Joe Scarbrough, but he reached out to several old friends...people in high places on the GOP ladder....NOT ONE would come forward and speak until the NRA's press conference on Friday.

So then the NRA has their press conference and their solution was "let's sell more guns!!!!". Expect the GOP to echo those sentiments in the coming weeks. The NRA is a lobby not driven by common-sense gunowners who recognize that they really have no need for a 30rd magazine or military-grade rifle but is rather driven by the gun manufacturers who sell this nonsense. Considering the GOP wouldn't talk until the NRA did tells you that the GOP is, in fact, bought and paid for by the NRA and gun manufacturers.

Sorry, didn't mean to get sidetracked from the real issue in America, the welfare mom getting $10K in cash each year from the government. Silly me. :rolleyes:

mrnn

• Like 1

Your argument is money vs representation ergo the organization in question is irrelevant. The water is crystal clear.

For the record, I never said the NRA, as an organization is irrelevant. Check yourself.

It is a sad situation that children have died in a school because an idiot killed his mom then stole her weapons to carry out his plan of mass destruction.

I say that having an armed guard in each school would be a step in the right direction.

If the US congress wants less guns in the public then perhaps they should lead the way by not having armed guards following their every footstep.

If taking away an object that humans use to cause death, the first place to start would be with automobiles ... how many children die each year in auto accidents?

But maybe the auto manufacturers would have a hissyfit and have their lobbyists right up congress' rear end to prevent that from happening ... just sayin.

It is a sad situation that children have died in a school because an idiot killed his mom then stole her weapons to carry out his plan of mass destruction.

I say that having an armed guard in each school would be a step in the right direction.

If the US congress wants less guns in the public then perhaps they should lead the way by not having armed guards following their every footstep.

If taking away an object that humans use to cause death, the first place to start would be with automobiles ... how many children die each year in auto accidents?

But maybe the auto manufacturers would have a hissyfit and have their lobbyists right up congress' rear end to prevent that from happening ... just sayin.

The US congress is republican led. Doubt it.

Cars have NOTHING to do with this.

The US congress is republican led. Doubt it.

Cars have NOTHING to do with this.

No it's not. The House is Republican led, the Senate is Democratic led. Together they make up Congress. Try reading up on the Constitution.

Someone please do the research and show the results of how many people die each year in auto accidents, compared to mass killings from crazed lunatics who illegally obtained weapons.

Why? I'm not sure if you watch Morning Joe hosted by conservative Joe Scarbrough, but he reached out to several old friends...people in high places on the GOP ladder....NOT ONE would come forward and speak until the NRA's press conference on Friday.

So then the NRA has their press conference and their solution was "let's sell more guns!!!!". Expect the GOP to echo those sentiments in the coming weeks. The NRA is a lobby not driven by common-sense gunowners who recognize that they really have no need for a 30rd magazine or military-grade rifle but is rather driven by the gun manufacturers who sell this nonsense. Considering the GOP wouldn't talk until the NRA did tells you that the GOP is, in fact, bought and paid for by the NRA and gun manufacturers.

Sorry, didn't mean to get sidetracked from the real issue in America, the welfare mom getting $10K in cash each year from the government. Silly me. :rolleyes:

mrnn

That was a totally useless post. Did I mention Welfare in my post somewhere?

Someone please do the research and show the results of how many people die each year in auto accidents, compared to mass killings from crazed lunatics who illegally obtained weapons.

I already posted it. At least in part.

For the record, I never said the NRA, as an organization is irrelevant. Check yourself.

Okay, try and follow along here...."Organization A" represents its members regardless of what monetary compensation they have given to the organization.

We have no removed which organization is involved. we have done this because YOUR argument is that regardless of organization, that organization will only represent those people who give heavily.

This means that, in your argument, WHICH organization discussed is irrelevant.

I then brought up an organzation OTHER than the NRA. In this case the ACLU. An organization. One that is particularly well known to going to bat for people who do not provide a great deal of money to them.

since this organization counters your principal of Greater money equals greater representation in an organization, I have requested that you explain how it is then that the ACLU defies YOUR argument.

I cannot make this anymore clear to a human being.

• Like 1

Okay, try and follow along here...."Organization A" represents its members regardless of what monetary compensation they have given to the organization.

We have no removed which organization is involved. we have done this because YOUR argument is that regardless of organization, that organization will only represent those people who give heavily.

This means that, in your argument, WHICH organization discussed is irrelevant.

I then brought up an organzation OTHER than the NRA. In this case the ACLU. An organization. One that is particularly well known to going to bat for people who do not provide a great deal of money to them.

since this organization counters your principal of Greater money equals greater representation in an organization, I have requested that you explain how it is then that the ACLU defies YOUR argument.

I cannot make this anymore clear to a human being.

Well, I think I'm still a human being. So......you show me where I said, exactly where I said that the NRA was irreverent.

If you really, truly don't understand that money talks. Not necessary in everyday life, but more so with everything at all political............sorry.

Smarten up.

Well, I think I'm still a human being. So......you show me where I said, exactly where I said that the NRA was irreverent.

If you really, truly don't understand that money talks. Not necessary in everyday life, but more so with everything at all political............sorry.

Smarten up.

Thats the Pot calling the newly fallen snow black.

Yep money talks ... ask your boy in the white house about UAW money, and too big too fail.

Yep, money talks....it talks a lot when the conversation is about guns. Not saying that's good or bad, just saying its big money. That, in itself, is enough to corrupt it. Disagree?

Yep big money from the UAW will go a long way to occupying the white house.

Trumka will make sure Union $$$$$$$$ gets what it wants for the bosses.

Edited by tundra

Yep big money from the UAW will go a long way to occupying the white house.

UAW? Thought the topic was about the NRA.....