Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
footballbeerchic

Wreck at Austin middle school

Young man pulled out of Austin turning left this morning (car number 1), had someone (car number 2)speeding in school zone t-bone car number 1 which in turn flew around and hit car number 3, (which kept the young mans car from flipping) then another (car number 4) can came speeding and hit car number 3.

4 car wreck. One little girl hurt. All I know atm.

Edited by orrby
  • Like 1

I hope everyone is ok. A lot of people speed through that school zone (I was tailgated by a bus a couple of times mad.gif)

Maybe the police will start paying more attention to school zones - especially the ones that are on major roads.

I hope so. I know the young man is very up set. he is in shock. He is 16 and took his little brother to school this morning

Hardly anyone obeys the school zone, not sure what folks are thinking, if the lights are flashing SLOW DOWN TO THAT SPEED. I live across the street from the school and am glad I never have to turn left leaving the school. We need a full time cop!!

Thanks for the update, Orrby.

Edited by footballbeerchic

Hardly anyone obeys the school zone, not sure what folks are thinking, if the lights are flashing SLOW DOWN TO THAT SPEED. I live across the street from the school and am glad I never have to turn left leaving the school. We need a full time cop!!

Thanks for the update, Orrby.

Get a ticket in a school zone and you will start paying attention.

They ain't cheap.

I've only ever once seen a cop patrol that school zone. Saw them on Williams Lake frequently, though.

The white car (waiting to turn) was the AP at Austin according to my Facebook feed.

Also, the ticket for speeding in a school zone, even if the cop doesn't know the school zone has ended because he can't see the lights from his position and you provide time evidence that the school zone was over when you were stopped, is $283, if anyone wants to get bitter about it.

You never speed through school zones in Cobb. They have cops waiting on their motorcycles to get ya!

I always go the speed limit and in Cobb in most places it's 25MPH.

I never see it enforced out here and I just don't understand.

It's 45MPH at PCHS and you wouldn't believe the folks that get behind me on 61 get pissed because I'm going 45.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm usually a speeder, in a hurry like everyone else, but NOT in a school zone.

• Like 1

We need a light at Austin Middle School. There have been too many wrecks. I hope I'm wrong, but one day a child is going to be seriously hurt and the school will be crushed. I was right behind the 4 cars hit and it was horrible. I feel so badly for the 16 year old. He seemed like he was in shock. It was a horrible way for so many to start the day.

I'm so glad that everyone was okay. Yes, the little girl left in an ambulance, but she seemed fine. I think it was just precautionary.

What would it take to get a traffic light there? There already was one casualty a few years back. I think a policeman would get hurt trying to direct traffic; it's that unsafe.

We need a light at Austin Middle School. There have been too many wrecks. I hope I'm wrong, but one day a child is going to be seriously hurt and the school will be crushed. I was right behind the 4 cars hit and it was horrible. I feel so badly for the 16 year old. He seemed like he was in shock. It was a horrible way for so many to start the day.

I'm so glad that everyone was okay. Yes, the little girl left in an ambulance, but she seemed fine. I think it was just precautionary.

What would it take to get a traffic light there? There already was one casualty a few years back. I think a policeman would get hurt trying to direct traffic; it's that unsafe.

Is it on a state road? If so, you will probably have grandchildren before a light is installed. I have no idea what criteria the GDOT uses to decide to put a light up. There were numerous accidents and at least one fatality in front of our subdivision off Hwy 92 and it took about 15 years to FINALLY get a traffic signal installed.

I know when I spoke to the GDOT rep for this region to complain about the lack of a light, I was told that "studies have shown that a traffic light usually INCREASES traffic accidents." Yeah....uh huh.

I believe his name was Gary Lee and I don't recall seeing his roadside memorial, in a few months. I could be just overlooking it, though. You know, I feel bad for anyone who is/was involved in an accident but, "IF" people were more careful and NOT in such a doggone rush, there might not be so may people hurt or even killed. SLOW DOWN AND SMELL THE ROSES!!!!

Most of the School Zones, speed limits are 10 miles below the posted speed limit. I never really understood this part but, it should be 35 in ALL school zones and then back to the mormal speed limit.

Oh well, I'll drive my usual slow self at a safe speed and I don't care who gets mad, that's behind me!!! They can get glad in the same drawers they got mad in!!!!!!!!! 8)

You never speed through school zones in Cobb. They have cops waiting on their motorcycles to get ya!

I always go the speed limit and in Cobb in most places it's 25MPH.

I never see it enforced out here and I just don't understand.

It's 45MPH at PCHS and you wouldn't believe the folks that get behind me on 61 get pissed because I'm going 45.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm usually a speeder, in a hurry like everyone else, but NOT in a school zone.

Ditto