Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
backintheday

Heartbreaking Justice

While we were sitting in the ambulance, my daughter showed up and asked what did she need to do. I told her to take the babies away from the house. I didn't want them to keep watching the only stable thing they had burn. They had been sick with the flu. My grandaughter's hair was ratty from laying on the sofa and they only had their pj's on. My grandson had pulled his little socks off.

She took them to McDonalds to eat because we hadn't even had supper yet. There was a lady sitting across from them with I assume her husband and another women. She started leaning over to both of them talking and pointing at my grandbabies. Now keep in mind they are 3 and 4 yrs old.

My daughter was just about to say something to them but my grandaughter turned to them and said

"Leave me alone! Stop staring at me! My house just burned!" She turned to my daughter and said...Can I have some chicken nuggets?"

All my daughter could do was smile and shake her head. I am proud of her but at the same time it's sad that a 4yr old knew that a "grown up" was talking about her. You never know what someone is going through.

Out of the mouth of babes!:clapping:

• Like 4

Sounds like something my four year old granddaughter would do.

My heart breaks for what you're going through now. sad.gif

While we were sitting in the ambulance, my daughter showed up and asked what did she need to do. I told her to take the babies away from the house. I didn't want them to keep watching the only stable thing they had burn. They had been sick with the flu. My grandaughter's hair was ratty from laying on the sofa and they only had their pj's on. My grandson had pulled his little socks off.

She took them to McDonalds to eat because we hadn't even had supper yet. There was a lady sitting across from them with I assume her husband and another women. She started leaning over to both of them talking and pointing at my grandbabies. Now keep in mind they are 3 and 4 yrs old.

My daughter was just about to say something to them but my grandaughter turned to them and said

"Leave me alone! Stop staring at me! My house just burned!" She turned to my daughter and said...Can I have some chicken nuggets?"

All my daughter could do was smile and shake her head. I am proud of her but at the same time it's sad that a 4yr old knew that a "grown up" was talking about her. You never know what someone is going through.

You are SO right! We never know why the person beside us may be behaving the way they are. Its very hard to think of this all the time. We are all so quick to judge! Prayers for the family that lost their home!:unsure:

It's awesome when a child calls out a petty person on their bulls**t. I bet that person felt like an a**hole.

:wub: It is amazing to me also. But for a child...a toddler to notice is very sad for me. I just hope that the lady was touched and changed her way of thinking. There is a blessing in all of this mess that we are going through...but it may be for others because we have already received ours! There have been times that I thought I was just not going to make it through all of this. I get tired I get angry...then I get humbled. I look at my family and am so grateful to have each and every one of them.

Thank each and every one of you for your thoughts and prayers

Here are some photos of my babies and the house. The one pic is my daughter with non-hodgkins and my grandbabies.

post-38003-0-74681800-1353858349_thumb.jpg

post-38003-0-35343000-1353858431_thumb.jpg

post-38003-0-98796400-1353858833_thumb.jpg

While I wouldn't wish a house fire on my worst enemy and I know some of the headaches and frustrations you have and will go through, the MOST important thing is you all got out OK. yahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gif

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

:wub: It is amazing to me also. But for a child...a toddler to notice is very sad for me. I just hope that the lady was touched and changed her way of thinking. There is a blessing in all of this mess that we are going through...but it may be for others because we have already received ours! There have been times that I thought I was just not going to make it through all of this. I get tired I get angry...then I get humbled. I look at my family and am so grateful to have each and every one of them.

Thank each and every one of you for your thoughts and prayers

Here are some photos of my babies and the house. The one pic is my daughter with non-hodgkins and my grandbabies.