Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
backintheday

Advice on a "special" Christmas

:) As some of you may have seen my previous post, we completely lost our home and everything we had.

The real blessing is that we all got out alive. I want to have Christmas at home. We have a barn that we are going to block off the ends somehow and put a heater down there (temporary). I am going to put a tree in the middle of the barn and we were thinking about writing the kids names on the stalls for each of them to open up. Would I do better with a live tree or artificial?

Get a live tree that still has the rootball. Plant it later to signify a new beginning.

That was my question, who sells them now?

A few years ago, pike nursery off dallas highway, the farmers market in forest park, and burgers market in douglasville had them, but recently no one seems to sell them.

That is, unless you want a cypress or a pine tree that you can plant, then most nurseries have those with root balls

That was my question, who sells them now?

A few years ago, pike nursery off dallas highway, the farmers market in forest park, and burgers market in douglasville had them, but recently no one seems to sell them.

That is, unless you want a cypress or a pine tree that you can plant, then most nurseries have those with root balls

I found these 2 companies that sell plantable christmas trees (not cut ones), but they are about a 30 minute drive from paulding --

Noel Forest Christmas Tree Farm - Choose and cut Christmas trees, living trees balled and burlapped available. Ga Highway 20 at I - 75, Cartersville, GA 30121. Directions: Take I-75 to Georgia Hwy 20, (Exit 290) travel 100 yards west of I -75, farm located on the access road between the driving range and the Shell station behind the Cracker Barrel.

Redland Christmas Trees - Christmas trees-you choose and you cut, Living Christmas trees (to plant later), 86 Redland Bend, Temple, GA 30179. Open: 7 days a week 9am until dark. Click here for current open hours, days and dates. Directions: From I-20, take exit 19, go south on Highway 113 for 1 1/2 miles, go right on Redland Bend (dirt road), go 1000 feet on Redland Bend.