8 replies to this topic

#1 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,238 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Anyone ever tried turkey Chili ? ......sounds good.

When you just can't face another turkey sandwich, toss the remaining turkey leftovers into this spicy chili. This Mexican-inspired medley, made with kidney beans, corn, green pepper, jalapeno pepper, garlic and onion, is sure to spice things up.
Ingredients
  • 1 clove garlic, chopped
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 medium green pepper, chopped
  • 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped
  • 2 tbsp. (30 mL) vegetable oil
  • 2 cups (500 mL) chopped leftover turkey
  • 1 can (19 oz./540 mL) white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 cup (250 mL) corn niblets (frozen, canned or fresh)
  • 1 tbsp. (15 mL) all-purpose flour
  • 1 tbsp. (15 mL) Mexican chili powder (or whatever you like)
  • 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
  • 2 cups (500 mL) chicken or turkey broth

Cooking Instructions
  • In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook garlic, onion, green pepper and jalapeno pepper in vegetable oil for about 5 to 7 minutes or until softened. Add chopped turkey, beans, corn, flour, chili powder, ground cumin and salt. Stir well to mix, then add chicken broth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
  • Serve hot, with rice, tortillas or corn bread.

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#2 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,533 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

Our favorite is turkey pot pie. Use up the turkey, rice, gravy, .....julienne some carrots, chop some celery and onion, and mix all together then freeze in seal a meals to fill a pic crust. About a quart.

Make a pie crust, warm the filling, add some stock and pour into pie crust. Put the top crust on and bake for 39minutes. Easy meal.
  • CitizenCain likes this
When you think they are ganging up against you....."Illigitimus non es carborundum"

#3 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,238 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

Our favorite is turkey pot pie. Use up the turkey, rice, gravy, .....julienne some carrots, chop some celery and onion, and mix all together then freeze in seal a meals to fill a pic crust. About a quart.

Make a pie crust, warm the filling, add some stock and pour into pie crust. Put the top crust on and bake for 39minutes. Easy meal.

That does sound good .

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#4 MissSophie

MissSophie

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

Turkey Tettrazini!

#5 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,442 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

My dad always made turkey soup with the left over carcass and some of the meat, throwing in veggies & homemade noodles .....
Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#6 sugail

sugail

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,269 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

I just made creamed turkey rice soup and it is delicious. My picky family won't even try it, but I don't care.

#7 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,238 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

I just made creamed turkey rice soup and it is delicious. My picky family won't even try it, but I don't care.

Ummm ummm .......soup, pass the crackers ! Posted Image

#8 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,533 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

My dad always made turkey soup with the left over carcass and some of the meat, throwing in veggies & homemade noodles .....

I save all our bones. Raw turkey/chicken, cooked turkey chicken, beef-pork-lamb-veal, goose/duck. They all go in separate bags in the freezers. When I have enough of one to fill my 4-5 gallon stock pot, I throw in carrots, onion, celery, parsley, garlic, pepper cloves, bay leaves and bring to a boil. Simmer for 18-24 hours, decant, strain into quart jars and can them in the pressure cooker.

Great for gravy, soups, reductions, etc. No chemicals, no salt, and we use EVERYTHING but the cheap-quack-gobble-oink-baaaah- and moo!!!
When you think they are ganging up against you....."Illigitimus non es carborundum"

#9 Rocky's Mom

Rocky's Mom

Rockysmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,316 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

That sounds delicious!
"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics