When you just can't face another turkey sandwich, toss the remaining turkey leftovers into this spicy chili. This Mexican-inspired medley, made with kidney beans, corn, green pepper, jalapeno pepper, garlic and onion, is sure to spice things up.
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped leftover turkey
- 1 can (19 oz./540 mL) white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) corn niblets (frozen, canned or fresh)
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) Mexican chili powder (or whatever you like)
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) chicken or turkey broth
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook garlic, onion, green pepper and jalapeno pepper in vegetable oil for about 5 to 7 minutes or until softened. Add chopped turkey, beans, corn, flour, chili powder, ground cumin and salt. Stir well to mix, then add chicken broth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve hot, with rice, tortillas or corn bread.