Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
backintheday

THANKSGIVING

post-38003-0-63523400-1353620857_thumb.jpg

First of all I want to say Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

I want to let everyone know what I am thankful for. I am thankful for my God. I am thankful for my family, friends,and loved ones. I am thankful that God saved my grandbabies,mother in law, and myself. NEVER take for granted the ones you love or the gifts that God has seen fit for you to have for we are not promised tomorrow. Our house burned to the ground one week ago today. The next day, we found out that my 21 yr daughter's cancer has moved into her lungs. At one point, I got lost in the stairway upstairs that was full of smoke. God led me down those stairs and out of my house safely. There are some who don't believe, but let me tell you, HE DOES EXIST! The picture posted here is after the fire had been burning forever. I had stepped away from the crowd to be alone for a moment. This is what I saw! I made someone take a picture because I knew that this was a sign. I had been asking for a sign for a long time, I just didn't know that it would be in the front door of my burning house! We lost everything material wise, but our lives were spared. This is what I am thankful for. As I said before, we are not promised tomorrow, so forgive and love each other as though today was your last day on earth. I hope each and every one of you have a very Blessed Thanksgiving!

post-38003-0-63523400-1353620857_thumb.jpg

First of all I want to say Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

I want to let everyone know what I am thankful for. I am thankful for my God. I am thankful for my family, friends,and loved ones. I am thankful that God saved my grandbabies,mother in law, and myself. NEVER take for granted the ones you love or the gifts that God has seen fit for you to have for we are not promised tomorrow. Our house burned to the ground one week ago today. The next day, we found out that my 21 yr daughter's cancer has moved into her lungs. At one point, I got lost in the stairway upstairs that was full of smoke. God led me down those stairs and out of my house safely. There are some who don't believe, but let me tell you, HE DOES EXIST! The picture posted here is after the fire had been burning forever. I had stepped away from the crowd to be alone for a moment. This is what I saw! I made someone take a picture because I knew that this was a sign. I had been asking for a sign for a long time, I just didn't know that it would be in the front door of my burning house! We lost everything material wise, but our lives were spared. This is what I am thankful for. As I said before, we are not promised tomorrow, so forgive and love each other as though today was your last day on earth. I hope each and every one of you have a very Blessed Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving. May your blessings continue to grow.

YES! and it was not burning. I had walked over bymyself and saw it in my front doorway! I yelled at my husband to come over there and had someone take a picture of it for me!

Is that a cross I see seperating the flames?

Faith is a wonderful thing and I hope all your prayers are answered. But their are some that would ask where was God before your house caught on fire.

You know at times, I did ask God where he was. I'm not going to lie. Then when the panic subsided a little, I realized that He was there! He got me and my family out safe! He didn't start the fire. I got trapped in the stairway and asked God to please lead me out. He did! He gave me the sign in my front door that He was there and that everything, no matter how bad it looks, would be ok. Yes, we are facing a nightmare, but at least I'm alive to face it. He has a greater plan for me and my family and I intend on finding out what it is. I understand people questioning God...I really do. I'm human myself. But All I have is Faith and everyone needs something to believe in. Otherwise I'd be a very bitter and angry person. I have too much to live for to live my life that way.:good:

• Like 3

Wow. So glad you and your family are safe, so sorry you had to endure this. Keep your faith strong and you will be an amazing example to so many who doubt God's existence. Prayers to you and your family.

You know at times, I did ask God where he was. I'm not going to lie. Then when the panic subsided a little, I realized that He was there! He got me and my family out safe! He didn't start the fire. I got trapped in the stairway and asked God to please lead me out. He did! He gave me the sign in my front door that He was there and that everything, no matter how bad it looks, would be ok. Yes, we are facing a nightmare, but at least I'm alive to face it. He has a greater plan for me and my family and I intend on finding out what it is. I understand people questioning God...I really do. I'm human myself. But All I have is Faith and everyone needs something to believe in. Otherwise I'd be a very bitter and angry person. I have too much to live for to live my life that way.:good:

Your faith is an inspiration! Hang on to that faith and it will see you through all of this. I remember what our Pastor said to me and my sisters the day after our Mom died. He told us it was okay to question God...just don't doubt Him. You and your family will be in my prayers. :)