Paulding.com

Rainy was called on to be with God tonight.

Forgive me on this late hour, but an incredibly wonderful woman just became part of Heaven tonight. My girlfriend, Lorraine, passed away about 2-3 hours ago. She has moved on to a much better place. Thank you all for your prayers. While she has moved up to a better place, I am reminded that we are all still here to do God's work, in spite of the adversity we all face each day. I will always miss you, "Rainy".

Some of you may know that she had a week long "full" recovery (nothing short of a miracle in itself). The recover baffled the dr's and nurse's alike. However, me and Rainy had this feeling that this was God going out of His way to provided her with a short, and very lucid time to say our good byes to each other, and to her kids...and my kids. Prayer STILL works, otherwise I don't think this would have been possible. Thank you all for your support!! I love you folks, and I really means that. :)

Forgive me on this late hour, but an incredibly wonderful woman just became part of Heaven tonight. My girlfriend, Lorraine, passed away about 2-3 hours ago. She has moved on to a much better place. Thank you all for your prayers. While she has moved up to a better place, I am reminded that we are all still here to do God's work, in spite of the adversity we all face each day. I will always miss you, "Rainy".

Some of you may know that she had a week long "full" recovery (nothing short of a miracle in itself). The recover baffled the dr's and nurse's alike. However, me and Rainy had this feeling that this was God going out of His way to provided her with a short, and very lucid time to say our good byes to each other, and to her kids...and my kids. Prayer STILL works, otherwise I don't think this would have been possible. Thank you all for your support!! I love you folks, and I really means that. :)

I'm shocked, I was so sure she was going to be home again with her loved ones. I'm so sorry for your loss and for her family. This is terrible and sad. :(

This has caught me totally off guard! I am completely surprised. So glad you and her got to talk about what you thought were God's plans. I know it is hard but the only way to survive is to believe God is in charge and does have a plan. Praying for all of you.

I just got back home from spending Thanksgiving with my parents, extended family and my two beautiful and loving daughters. It has been a bittersweet day for me, understandably, but it also took on a whole new meaning for me too. It really means a lot and helped me out to log in to pcom and read all the kind words you fine folks have left here. Rainy has been looming on the edge for almost three weeks before she finally passed on. I didn't want to post anything one way or the other since none of us knew what the outcome would be.

I do take comfort knowing she was at peace when she finally left this world, and knowing that her suffering is over. It'll take me some time to get over missing her as much as I do. But I still feel very blessed to have my family and great friends like you folks. Your comments have also been a blessed comfort to me, and for that I thank you all.

• Like 3

I just got back home from spending Thanksgiving with my parents, extended family and my two beautiful and loving daughters. It has been a bittersweet day for me, understandably, but it also took on a whole new meaning for me too. It really means a lot and helped me out to log in to pcom and read all the kind words you fine folks have left here. Rainy has been looming on the edge for almost three weeks before she finally passed on. I didn't want to post anything one way or the other since none of us knew what the outcome would be.

I do take comfort knowing she was at peace when she finally left this world, and knowing that her suffering is over. It'll take me some time to get over missing her as much as I do. But I still feel very blessed to have my family and great friends like you folks. Your comments have also been a blessed comfort to me, and for that I thank you all.

Subby, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I was shocked. I read this early today and have been thinking on it all day long. Me and Will have talked about you both all day. You know, when I lost my precious Mother, a few people said, "I dont know what to say". I realized that it may have seemed general and generic before but when I was in deep grief, not even knowing fully how I felt, that meant a lot. It showed me their genuine "want" to say something- ANYTHING to help in my pain but had no idea what that "thing" was. And they certainly didnt want to stumble through words that would hurt, unknowingly.

I hope you understand my point. I think you will- you a sharp good ol Boy. I DONT know what to say but I do value our friendship, I DO love you, I DO think VERY highly of you and trust in you. I am hurting for you and in part, with you.

You will meet again. You have a deep understanding of those things, I know you. But, death still stings and we still feel the bite of it in this life. Praying for you and thinking of you.

Edited by A Gipper Girl
  • Like 1