This post is sarcasm.  Unless it's not.

#3 jenilyn

jenilyn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,379 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

I can only imagine. We're going to my mother in laws for dinner. I'm making a huge breakfast, just in case.
No man ever stands taller than when he kneels to help another.

If they laugh at you because you're different, laugh at them because they're all the same.

#4 TomTom69

TomTom69

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

We are having all of the traditional things........?Turkey, dressing, yams, Mac and cheese, corn,peas, collards..etc and many desserts :)

#5 TJB

TJB

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,670 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

I'm grilling steaks. We're having people over Saturday; we'll have turkey then.

#6 MissSophie

MissSophie

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

Getting ready to stuff my bird and bake him all night. mashed potato casserole, sw potato casserole, stuffing/gravy, creamed corn, asparagus with cashews and honey, green bean casserole, etc. and 4 desserts!!

#7 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,451 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

There is only the 2 of us .... so a very easy meal.

Probably nosh a bit all afternoon, then will have a dinner of:
- Ham in the crockpot with brown sugar, mustard and coca-cola.
- Sweet potatoes with bourbon,orange juice, butter and pecans. Roasted red potatoes with pepper, garlic & rosemary.
- Fresh green beans
- Cranberry sauce

and I don't know if we are going to have any dessert or not. I have the makings for a peach cobbler, but will decide later today if I'm going to do it or not -- usually DH will say he knows he will be too full for dessert.

It should be a great meal :)

edited due to one of the sweet potatoes were not good to cook and there wasn't enough for 2 -- switching to red potatoes as I don't want to go to the store this morning ....
Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#8 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,674 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

Slow roasted possum and sweet candied yams all washed down with a little of Granny's special elixir ! Posted Image

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#9 dallasbrowneyes

dallasbrowneyes

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

We got together with my Mom and my Mom's side of the family today and we had a covered dish feast. There were about 35 of us. One of my cousins fried 2 turkeys and made a pan of dressing with giblet gravy, another cousin brought a Honey Baked Ham and the sides dishes were:

Squash casserole, chicken and broccoli casserole, sweet potato casserolce, creamed corn, mac and cheese, Butter peas. cole slaw, green beans, rutabegggars (Sp),deviled eggs, rolls, mandarin salad, Collards, cranberry sauce, 2 banana puddings, pecan pie, chocolate sheet cake, potato casserole, cheese ball,
pumpkin pie, iced tea plus a few more dishes and desserts. It was so yummy and we had a great time just getting together,a tradition we stared with ny grandparents that we still carry on today.. I am so very thankful for the family I have, they are the best ever :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics