9 replies to this topic

#1 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,768 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

I tried this one year and it's really pretty good.

CROCKPOT TURKEY BREAST turkey breast
1 packet of onion soup mix
1 can of cranberry sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Sprinkle salt and pepper (to taste) and the packet of onion soup mix on the top and bottom of turkey breast.Add cranberry sauce to top of turkey breast and cook in crockpot on low overnight (8 hours) or for three to four hours on high.

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#2 DallasRED

DallasRED

GO NAVY!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,974 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

1 can of cranberry sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Sprinkle salt and pepper (to taste) and the packet of onion soup mix on the top and bottom of turkey breast.Add cranberry sauce to top of turkey breast and cook in crockpot on low overnight (8 hours) or for three to four hours on high.

I do it thru out the year, when I am craving a turkey sandwich. I just put some water in the crockpot and put a little peach or apricot preserves on top with some pepper. YUMMY
Posted Image

"Why are some people such assholes for no reason but then are the first to bitch to the mods when the tables are turned" GO BLUE

"You judge me and think you know me, and I'm quite sure we've never met. You know nothing." MADEA

"NOT ONE DAMN ONE OF YOU HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL ME I CAN NOT FEEL THE WAY I DO." SOLO

#3 bh67

bh67

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,694 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

1 can of cranberry sauce
salt and pepper to taste

That sounds really good! I used to use my crock pot a good bit, now that it is cold I need to break them out. i do stuffed peppers in mine. Just meat, garlic, onion and black pepper. Stuff the peppers with the meat mix, pour over some sauce and let it cook for 8 hours. Use cheaper meat so you get some grease and flavor.
We only have one life, so live it to the fullest!

#4 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,427 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

Yep, done a turkey breast in the crock pot and its pretty good.

But this year for Thanksgiving day I'm doing a ham in the crock pot :)

I'll mark your recipe down, it sounds yummy!
Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#5 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,768 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

That sounds really good! I used to use my crock pot a good bit, now that it is cold I need to break them out. i do stuffed peppers in mine. Just meat, garlic, onion and black pepper. Stuff the peppers with the meat mix, pour over some sauce and let it cook for 8 hours. Use cheaper meat so you get some grease and flavor.

Not as pretty as oven baked but super moist and fall off the bone tender.

I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any honorable Gentleman will question it.  -John Stuart Mill

#6 bh67

bh67

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,694 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

Not as pretty as oven baked but super moist and fall off the bone tender.

That is how the stuffed peppers are, they melt in your mouth. Even small kids ate them, my kids would have friend over and their mom could not believe they ate them.
We only have one life, so live it to the fullest!

#7 really gone from here

really gone from here

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,372 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

1 can of cranberry sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Sounds good, think I'll try it....Do you use the smoked boneless, or just a Boneless Turkey Breast?
*Signature Edited for Content not in Accordance with the PCOM Rules

edited by Deputy Rafe Hollister

#8 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,768 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

Sounds good, think I'll try it....Do you use the smoked boneless, or just a Boneless Turkey Breast?

Only made it once and I used a regular bone in breast. You'll need a large enough crock pot of course.
Bon Appetit ! Posted Image

• really gone from here likes this

#9 MissSophie

MissSophie

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

Well, ya got me! I thought it said crack pot turkey - I was expecting a joke. lol

#10 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,768 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

Well, ya got me! I thought it said crack pot turkey - I was expecting a joke. lol

Seriously have you ever tried to get a turkey up your nose ? Well it's not a pretty sight believe me ! Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics