56 replies to this topic

#41 tranquility

tranquility

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:50 AM

That is too funny!! :lol: As you see your mother making something that seems so weird to you, you're certain that she is the only person on the planet doing it.........I guess not!!

Ok, this is one I will never forget.
My mother would cook fresh black eyed peas and the next day she would eat some cold, straight from the refrigerator, with mayo and diced onion in them.
:blink:

#42 elliesgranny

elliesgranny

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:06 AM

Southern kids are weaned on the stuff, probably why I won't touch it, I think it is the devil and ruins children's taste buds for anything stronger than a green bean :rofl:
Of course you always have to have it at the table for picky eaters, never met a picky eater that wouldn't down 1/2 a box at meal.

Me either until our Ellie came along. The kid will not touch mac & cheese! :wacko:

#43 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,626 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:37 AM

My mother would cook fresh black eyed peas and the next day she would eat some cold, straight from the refrigerator, with mayo and diced onion in them.

Oh my!!! I love mayo, Blue Plate ONLY, but not in blobs, it must be spread smoothly on bread or mixed well in tuna or chicken salad.

Here's a confession about mayo, I LOVE peanut butter and Blue Plate sandwiches, I've even corrupted my grandson with them, he loves them too.

#44 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 28,191 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:02 AM

Oh my!!! I love mayo, Blue Plate ONLY, but not in blobs, it must be spread smoothly on bread or mixed well in tuna or chicken salad.

Here's a confession about mayo, I LOVE peanut butter and Blue Plate sandwiches, I've even corrupted my grandson with them, he loves them too.

I only use Blueplate too! I think it mixes in salads better along with a real mayonnaise taste. One of the leading brands almost has a jello like texture that I don't care for.

El Zorro

As far as releasing my name here, it's not going to happen.  There have been people here who found someone's given name and then found where they worked and made things difficult for them - all because they didn't like them here because of their political opinions.

#45 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,626 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

I only use Blueplate too! I think it mixes in salads better along with a real mayonnaise taste. One of the leading brands almost has a jello like texture that I don't care for.

A few months ago, Publix has Blue Plate buy 1 get 1 free, I bought 12 jars. Boy, the looks I got!! :lol:

#46 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 28,191 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

Me either until our Ellie came along. The kid will not touch mac & cheese! :wacko:

My son did not like mashed potatoes, I thought that was weird.

El Zorro

As far as releasing my name here, it's not going to happen.  There have been people here who found someone's given name and then found where they worked and made things difficult for them - all because they didn't like them here because of their political opinions.

#47 KRM

KRM

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,912 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:24 AM

That is too funny!! :lol: As you see your mother making something that seems so weird to you, you're certain that she is the only person on the planet doing it.........I guess not!!

I just had a bit of weird.... My daughter posted a Pinterest link on FB of guess what?? PEAR SALAD!!! She commented that she thought her family was the only one that ate it and that she loved it minus the cherry!! Then I come here and read this again. :lol:

Hush up, you Stalker!!

#48 KRM

KRM

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,912 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

My niece doesn't like them either. When she was little, I asked her why. She said, "Well, you know how Grandpa doesn't like leftovers? I don't like mashed potatoes." :rofl: She was maybe 9 at the time. Mashed potatoes are the most wonderful thing in the world.

I love mayo, too. Kraft REAL is my only choice. When I spoon some out for a salad or whatever, I find myself licking the spoon. yummmmm!

Hush up, you Stalker!!

#49 elliesgranny

elliesgranny

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

Ellie won't eat mashed potatoes either. I thought her Mommy was a picky eater as a child but Ellie has her beat! What's weird is she loves vegetables & fruit. Give the kid a handful of grapes or some carrots or cucumbers and she's completely satisfied. :blush:

#50 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 28,191 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

I can't believe I missed this post, I make salads like that, I will crumble corn bread and dice tomatoes and onions. I sometimes drain and add different types of beans and peas to it.

Ellie won't eat mashed potatoes either. I thought her Mommy was a picky eater as a child but Ellie has her beat! What's weird is she loves vegetables & fruit. Give the kid a handful of grapes or some carrots or cucumbers and she's completely satisfied. :blush:

Thats my kind of kid!!

El Zorro

#51 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,626 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

I just had a bit of weird.... My daughter posted a Pinterest link on FB of guess what?? PEAR SALAD!!! She commented that she thought her family was the only one that ate it and that she loved it minus the cherry!! Then I come here and read this again. :lol:

That is weird!! Mama didn't use the cherry unless we were taking them somewhere, that was fancy at our house!

My niece doesn't like them either. When she was little, I asked her why. She said, "Well, you know how Grandpa doesn't like leftovers? I don't like mashed potatoes." :rofl: She was maybe 9 at the time. Mashed potatoes are the most wonderful thing in the world.

I love mayo, too. Kraft REAL is my only choice. When I spoon some out for a salad or whatever, I find myself licking the spoon. yummmmm!

Hubby doesn't like mashed potatoes or leftovers. Who is this man I married?!?!?!?!? :lol: :lol:

#52 The General

The General

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,712 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

I like Miracle Whip on my peanut butter sandwiches.

#53 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,626 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

I like Miracle Whip on my peanut butter sandwiches.

Same concept, different mayo. YUMMY! :)

#54 tranquility

tranquility

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

I would have never thought to put mayo and peanut butter together.
I may have to try that one.

A few months ago, Publix has Blue Plate buy 1 get 1 free, I bought 12 jars. Boy, the looks I got!! :lol:

Now you just need to stock up on peanut butter. :)

#55 KRM

KRM

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,912 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

That is weird!! Mama didn't use the cherry unless we were taking them somewhere, that was fancy at our house!

Hubby doesn't like mashed potatoes or leftovers. Who is this man I married?!?!?!?!? :lol: :lol:

We all have weirdos in the family! Lovable weirdos, though!! :wub:

Hush up, you Stalker!!

#56 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,391 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

You can't have a banana sandwich without mayo AND peanut butter.

Kraft for me, and JIF for the peanut butter.

#57 fishnthec

fishnthec

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,234 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

Our Thanksgiving is always just our family of four. Our extended family is in Kentucky. I try to fix their favorite sides;
mashed potatoes
corn
macaroni and cheese (#1 son's must have dish)
lima beans (#2 son's must have dish)
dressing
brocolli casserole (my favorite)
rolls
devilled eggs

We are not a big desert bunch but I usually have some homemade candies around for Thanksgiving and Christmas. They always ask for the chocolate covered peanut butter crackers.

Pretty simple stuff but it is what we eat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics