14 replies to this topic

#1 Greatma

Greatma

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

It was delicious. I baked one today, but I put peanut butter chips in it instead of chocolate.
It is delicious too.

Thanks for posting it. I love quick and easy recipes like this one.

Edited by Greatma, 11 November 2012 - 06:56 PM.

#2 J'smom

J'smom

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

Awww, thank you. So glad you liked it and it was easy.

1-box chocolate cake mix
1-box chocolate pudding mix
1-bag chocolate chips
4 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup vegetable oil
8-oz sour cream

Mix all ingredients except chips, add chocolate chips last. GREASE the heck out of a bundt cake pan, bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Might take longer, our oven cooks fast. Let cool completely before flipping from pan to plate. No frosting necessary!! :)

Save me a piece! LOL

#3 workingforaliving

workingforaliving

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,919 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Omg. That looks awesome.
Posted Image

#4 sugail

sugail

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,269 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

It is instant pudding, correct? You use 1/2 cup of oil and a 1/2 cup of vegetable oil?

#5 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,626 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

It is instant pudding, correct? You use 1/2 cup of oil and a 1/2 cup of vegetable oil?

I'm thinkin' 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup oil.

#6 sugail

sugail

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,269 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

That makes sense. :) I'm not usually that dense. Thanks.

#7 Greatma

Greatma

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

It is half cup oil and half cup cold water. This is so easy to make, and so yummy.

#8 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,533 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

We made a chocolate BOMB last weekend.

No recipe....just using up everything we could find.

YEARS old bag of Pecan flour.....

Half a pound can of semi-stale almonds, baked/browned in the oven of 30 minutes.

4 different open bags, bars, cannisters, or other containers of chocolate. From weak to really, really strong.

4-5 ducks eggs and some chicken eggs

Milk, scalded to melt the chocolate

A bit of flour

lots of butter and some sugar

More hunks of various old chocolate and milk and butter and cornstarch for a Ganache/chocolate icing.

Baked the cakes in a spring form, and a regular cake pan, well coated, dusted, and with parchment bottoms.
Cooled them on racks for an hour or 2, and then iced them.

DAMN!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image They were actually good, to great. SOOOOOO rich you had to have vanilla ice cream or cream or whippinjg cream to cut the richness. A piece of cake/tort in a bowl, microwaved for 30 seconds, and then ice cream. Really good stuff.

And got rid of a bunch of shelf space takers that have been in fridge way, way, way too long.

Go out an take a chance winging it every once in a while., If it crashes and burns, throw it away and chalk it up to experience. You also might get lucky as we did and score with a winner. But you have to give it a shot and try!
When you think they are ganging up against you....."Illigitimus non es carborundum"

#9 DallasRED

DallasRED

GO NAVY!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,972 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Half a pound can of semi-stale almonds, baked/browned in the oven of 30 minutes.

4 different open bags, bars, cannisters, or other containers of chocolate. From weak to really, really strong.

A bit of flour

More hunks of various old chocolate and milk and butter and cornstarch for a Ganache/chocolate icing.

Baked the cakes in a spring form, and a regular cake pan, well coated, dusted, and with parchment bottoms.

DAMN!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image They were actually good, to great. SOOOOOO rich you had to have vanilla ice cream or cream or whippinjg cream to cut the richness. A piece of cake/tort in a bowl, microwaved for 30 seconds, and then ice cream. Really good stuff.

And got rid of a bunch of shelf space takers that have been in fridge way, way, way too long.

Go out an take a chance winging it every once in a while., If it crashes and burns, throw it away and chalk it up to experience. You also might get lucky as we did and score with a winner. But you have to give it a shot and try!

Surepip seriously can you open up a restaurant or better yet come and be my personal chef...coming from someone that is a pretty good cook :blush:
Posted Image

"Why are some people such assholes for no reason but then are the first to bitch to the mods when the tables are turned" GO BLUE

"You judge me and think you know me, and I'm quite sure we've never met. You know nothing." MADEA

"NOT ONE DAMN ONE OF YOU HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL ME I CAN NOT FEEL THE WAY I DO." SOLO

#10 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,524 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

A bit of flour

Hey surepip, I have a friend who needs a good brunswick stew recipe. I told him I knew who to ask. Got one for him?

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” ~~George Orwell

There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.........

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."~~ Edward R. Murrow   

#11 J'smom

J'smom

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

Yes. 1/2 cup warm water and 1/2 cup vegetable oil, and instant chocolate pudding mix. Sorry. So good and no frosting needed!!

#12 Mrs G

Mrs G

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,568 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

I will have to try this at Thanksgiving!! Thanks :yahoo: My kind of cake, NO frosting. Maybe with some vanilla ice cream, mmmm.
Do unto others, as you'd have others do unto you!

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly and Leave The Rest To God.

Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does!!

Helping a Neighbor in need, is a Blessing, indeed!!! 04/25/2013

#13 GGinGA

GGinGA

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

I substitute coffee for the water sometimes. It is a good cake either way you make it!
"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

If stress burned calories, I'd be a supermodel.

The Water Giver: "Motherhood is about raising and celebrating the child you have, not the child you thought you'd have. It's about understanding he's exactly the person he's supposed to be. And if you're lucky, he might be the teacher who turns you into the person you're supposed to be."

#14 PinkCrickett

PinkCrickett

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

What type of chocolate cake mix and which chocolate chips?

#15 Greatma

Greatma

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

What type of chocolate cake mix and which chocolate chips?

I made one today and used chocolate fudge cake mix and peanut butter chips. The recipe called for
chocolate chips. But we like the peanut butter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics