Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Mama Carol

Wait time to vote

We vote at a little Baptist church on Hiram Lithia Springs Road in Powder Springs. Sixteen minutes from the time we got in line until I walked out the door. Seventeen for my husband. I tend to finish VOTING quicker than he does anyway. Oh, that was this morning just after 9 in the rain. good.gif

Voting absentee next time. Good Lord willing it will be in Santa Rosa County, FL. pardon.gif

So how long was your wait to vote, either today or if you voted early?

Hubby & I did early voting last week but our nephew voted this morning at Russom Elementary. He said he was in line 1-1/2 hours.

I went at 8:15am and walked right into the courthouse (my polling place) and never had any line. In fact, there were only about 4 people voting, out of 18 machines.

We vote at a little Baptist church on Hiram Lithia Springs Road in Powder Springs. Sixteen minutes from the time we got in line until I walked out the door. Seventeen for my husband. I tend to finish quicker than he does anyway. Oh, that was this morning just after 9 in the rain. good.gif

Voting absentee next time. Good Lord willing it will be in Santa Rosa County, FL. pardon.gif

So how long was your wait to vote, either today or if you voted early?

Im just walking away from this one.

(voted last week, in and out)

• Like 1

Britaini and I voted early, and it was 2 hours from start to finish~pretty much 2 hours on the dot.

We voted on Whitlock Avenue, and it was the day after the last debate, I'm thinking that may have increased our wait time ;) .

There are so many loaded questions/answers here that all I can do is laugh while trying to retrieve my mind from the gutter.

Voted last Monday and there was a really good turnout - Mt. Tabor.

I have never seen so many people vote. Between early voting and the lines I am seeing on the news channels I have to guess this is a record turnout. Might be the only thing Obama has accomplished.

Any reports from Paulding High School?

Papi still can't stand for long periods and he's headed home and we will be going to vote together.

He's walking, but we may be taking his scooter so he can sit down if there is a long line.

Edited by Blondiega1

I voted at Moses. Pulled into the school at 12:10 pm, pulled back onto Country Farm Rd at 12:20 pm. My only complaint would be with Mother Nature. The walk to the school from the parking lot was a bit chilly :).

I fixed it. pardon.gif

My mind is usually in the gutter but missed that one. No wonder I feel like I've lost my mind. It's not in the gutter anymore!! rofl.gif

Im just walking away from this one.

(voted last week, in and out)

I fixed it. pardon.gif

My mind is usually in the gutter but missed that one. No wonder I feel like I've lost my mind. It's not in the gutter anymore!! rofl.gif

We noticed you were missing.

:)

I went to AMS at around 8:45 and was out before 9. My son went at lunch time and walked straight in and voted.

Sidenote: I had attempted to vote at the courthouse last week, but couldn't wait 45 minutes in line, so I am happy it worked out. :)

Two weeks ago at the courthouse, waited about 50 minutes. I think all of the folks voting today owe the rest of us a giant THANK YOU for making your experience a pleasure! :clapping:

sidenote: Yesterday morning one of the talking heads said that 91% of Georgians had already voted! I guess that means the other 40% will vote today. :pardon:

As someone who had minimal wait, THANK YOU ADVANCE VOTERS!!!!!!!!! good.gif

I'd be willing to bet turnout will be low, in spite of so many people voting. Always seems to work that way.

Two weeks ago at the courthouse, waited about 50 minutes. I think all of the folks voting today owe the rest of us a giant THANK YOU for making your experience a pleasure! :clapping:

sidenote: Yesterday morning one of the talking heads said that 91% of Georgians had already voted! I guess that means the other 40% will vote today. :pardon:

rofl.gif My daughter and son in law are going after he gets off work at 5. You might have a point. good.gif

I think the lines will get longer when the Republicans get of work. :good:

Hubby & I did early voting last week but our nephew voted this morning at Russom Elementary. He said he was in line 1-1/2 hours.

I voted at Russom just after 1:30 and was in and out in 5 minutes. They said they had had long lines most of the day prior to that.